Satanism your veiws

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Filth
Everyone in this forum seems to be making a big deal about it, but here is your chance to say what you think of it. Personaly i think there is no big deal everyone has there own choice of religion and what is so different about satanism.

Df02
i think its misinterpreted alot....mainly because of ppl who assume its about anti-christianity and spitting on bibles, when its not...

its also stigmatised to do with the music scene surrounding the type of bands like the 1 in ur sig.
It's glorified atheism, nothing more, nothing less...maybe with a sprinkle of buddhism in there

Storm
First of all, define satanism.

Df02
http://www.satanism101.com/

easy guides there.... alot of the stuff is really funny to read actually like
"if someone bothers you, ask him to stop, if he does not....DESTROY HIM!" haha

thats 1 of the few things that make it stand out as even remotely "evil"

for instance a quote from that site:

"In recent years, we've wasted far too much time explaining that Satanism has nothing to do with kidnapping, drug abuse, child molestation, animal or child sacrifice, or any number of other acts that idiots, hysterics or opportunists would like to credit us with. Satanism is life-loving, rational philosophy that millions of people adhere to. Now we're ready for something that goes quite a few steps beyond just explaining our principles. Every revisionist movement needs a set of goals - guidelines that are clear, concrete, and that will effect significant changes."

also, id like to point out im not actually a satanist at all, im just curious about other religions, since to say i dont beleive in any of them without first knowing about them would be stupid

BackFire
I don't care, they can believe what they want as long as they don't bother me about it or hurt anyone over their beliefs.

MildPossession
I have no problem with Satanism, have a few friends who are Satanists.

I have no problem with any belief that doesn't do harm to innocents.

Gregory
Satanism is harmless. And hey, we need something disfunctional goth kids can believe in to upset their parents.

Tptmanno1
Satanists are like christians,
Misled, None of it exists so why does it matter?

Ahh how life simplifys itself when your an athiest.

Darth Revan
Actually Tpt, a lot of Satanists are atheists, the "Satan" in "Church of Satan" is just kind of a way to point out their dislike of Christianity... There are a lot of different definitions for "Satanism", but the largest "denomination", so to speak, is the Church of Satan, which I don't think actually has anything specifically saying that it is Satan worship. Sort of like Buddhism, a small number of Buddhists believe in a supernatural power, but Buddhism in its purest form is only belief in yourself.

Ronny
i think sataism is just as bogus as any other religion out there erm

Tptmanno1
Yea, but my calling yourself a satanist you acnknowlage the existance of the christian church as you believe in the anti-church, and thus the church, so technicly......

But I know what you mean.

Darth Revan
Acknowledging the existence of the church is not the same as believing what the church tells you... Satanists don't believe what the church says...

Tptmanno1
well they believe in the general concept of a christian Heaven and Hell, because in teh christian belief they have Satan, only place it is mentioned, So its jsut like being Lutheran.

ragesRemorse
just a bunch of people who want to be diferent and put themselves above all else. Who cares?

Turbo-Cajun
I read some of those sites on the Church of Satan and stuff, and I think it is more like a philosophy than what we are used to refering to a religion. Satan in their church does not mean the devil... it is everything the church is not. The church encourages conservatisism... satan is indulgence... etc.

I dont know that i totally understand it, but it seems like satan is an inspecific kind of force "recognizing human nature" kind of thing... not so much a deity.

finti
I dont have any more regards for satanism than any other religious set of beliefs.

eleveninches
But to be a satanist, you have to acknowlage the presence of satan, and therefore acknowlage the existance of god, as satan was first mentioned in the bible.

Filth
Satanism is different to what people usaly think, firstaly it is not evil but dark even the church of satan renounced murder and human sacrafice.

Some communitys take it to much as a threat so thay burn "Satanic" music like the one feachured in my sig, these cummunitys are usaly in americans (no insult ment) where thay have hole states who are cristian.

I listen to Black metal and hate christians some would call me a satanist (by the meaning mentiond on this forum) but i am not an evil person, more of a dark and shady person, as the hole satanic religion is smile

Filth
i hope that explains what i mean by satanism smile

Turbo-Cajun
Satan as in satanism is a different concept than Satan in christianity.

Filth
Well that is true as satan was origanaly Lucifer the fallen angel, an angel who fell from heaven and formed hell, so satanism does in fact acknowlage the existance of god

Turbo-Cajun
"There are no elements of devil worship in the Church of Satan. Such practices are looked upon as being Christian heresies; believing in the dualistic Christian world view of "God vs. the Devil" and choosing to side with the Prince of Darkness. Satanists do not believe in the supernatural, in neither God or the Devil. To the Satanist, he is his own God.... Satan is not a conscious entity to be worshipped, rather a reservoir of power inside each human to be tapped at will."

Taken from http://www.churchofsatan.com/Pages/cosinfopack.pdf

So no, they dont acknowledge God...

Syren
"To the Satanist, he is his own God" - I assume this confirms that Satanists are 'glorified' Atheists?

It's simply misconception after misconception IMO, people will continually twist and turn things to suit their beliefs, and that is perfectly natural. Unfortunately you will not find any two individuals who believe exactly the same thing. Therefore it is extremely difficult to pinpoint specific elements of every faith, we just have to be a little more vague and be done with it erm

Canadian Moose
Satanism, like Christianity, is up to the perception of the individual. Most people are misinformed about Satanism and it's beliefs. Many believe it's all Paganistic blood rituals and sacrifices to appease the "Dark Lord" but from my experience, albeit limited, Satanists come from all walks of life, and do not routinely kidnap children or virgins to help them perform a bloody altar sacrifice.

That was one of the longest run on sentences I have ever had.

Syren
naughty Your experience? Hmmm.....

*applauds your sentence effort* stick out tongue

Canadian Moose
*caught in the middle of sacrificing a goat*

*removes goggles*

Thanks. big grin

You look ravishable this morning...*frowns* or is that ravishing? wink

Syren
Hmm, I like the sound of ravishable. It makes me feel kind of edible and rave-ish at the same time happy

Canadian Moose
2 very desirable things I assume?

Hmmm...what am I gonna eat? I know, I'll have a Syren. After that though, I always feel like partying and dancing my a$$ off...

A4E
wow... i always thought of satanism like a bucnh of guys, with black ropes, sacrificing babies, with weird wichtcraft boocks, worshiping satan and waiting for the apocalypse.

but if u say that satanists do not belive in anything (or atheist) then y r they called satanics?? as far as my knowledge goes satanic means somebody who worships satan, and satan IS (supposed to be) a superior crature, so if they do not belive in anything y r they called satanics??

finti
nah they are called politicians

A4E
ROTFLMAO!!!!!

Phoenix
i had a look at that site. why are they caalled satanists if they dont believe in satan?

Turbo-Cajun
I think satan is the name of a force within everyone... becoming a satanist means you live by certain laws and guidlines which allow humans to live in a way that "releases their inner satan"

Syren
If it works that way wouldn't believers in God be called Goddists, or AlmightBeingists?

Turbo-Cajun
what about the term Theists? thats a more accurate description of "Religious" types.

Syren
That's good, sort of like 'Asexual' for the non-sexual types, therefore 'Atheist' for the non-religious types. Ergo simply 'Theists' for bigots *cough* I mean believers ninja

Jackie Malfoy
Anyway even through it is worshiping the devil which some churchs frown upon because to them it is evil!
I don't know too much about this relion(if you wanna call it that) but I do know my twin sister pratises it and she she knows more about it then I do.
So far I think it is harmless but sometimes I wonder if it helped pull my sister to the edge.
Killing herself is all she thinks about.and I could be wrong but I think this relion has something to do with it.JM confused

Df02
i dont like absolute beleivers in god who try to suggest that god 100% does exist.... since there is absolutely no actual proof either way, and its arrogant to think he exists without proof.

thats why i like reading about the sorta "god-less" religions, Buddhism and Satanism for instance

Darth Revan
*sigh*

But Satanism ISN'T devil worship... and it is somewhat stupid of you to assume that your sister wants to kill herself because of her religion.

Df02
Jackie, u even read the websites that have been linked?.... SATANISM ISNT DEVIL WORSHIP! its clorified atheism, with self-actualisation and improvement... suicide is like a cardinal sin for satanists!

Arachnoidfreak
People have misconceptions about Satanism, as well as Wicca. Neither of which are harmful. People need to stop being scared and ignorant, and pick up a ****ing book once in a while.

Darth Revan
Yeah, I'm reading that pdf file somebody posted, some of it is actually very true yes

Some of it is just funny though, like how they say "lair" instead of "house" laughing out loud

eezy45
That's what the *actual* Satanism was after all...

Satan is a religious name, for Lucifer, the rebellious angel, right...

hence the name.... satanism...

eezy45
umm... if it is their believe, what is wrong about it?

I am 100% sure that god exists because I felt him not only once, I could say I encountered him.

Turbo-Cajun
I didnt make that up... The Greek root for Theists or Theism is Theos, meaning God... Theism is a belief in God or Gods.

Atheos, means no god... Atheism meaning belief that there are no God or Gods.

If I were a conservative Christian it might be enough for me to want to kill myself...

Relgion makes people funny

laughing out loud

Turbo-Cajun
Your thinking about Luciferianism... different kind of thing.

Satanists define Satan differently than Christians do... hence a lot of the common misconceptions. You really should read the other posts in the thread before repeating the same exact misconception that has had to be brought up over and over again. Satanist say there is no God, no higher power. Luciferians say that there is a God, but he is weak compared to Lucifer, the devil... so they worship him instead.

eezy45
Convinced stick out tongue

Arachnoidfreak
AHAHAHAHAHAHAHA HOLY TURD STICKS! that is GREAT

Darth Revan
OMFG hysterical

Turbo-Cajun
When I first read that, I almost shit my pants.

Can you imagine the look on their faces when the Doctor was explaining to them how babies are made? lol... I wish I was there. laughing out loud

Darth Revan
hysterical

Well, who can blame them, all they ever heard growing up was "sex is baaaaad, never have sex!" and "children are little miracles!"

Turbo-Cajun
It probably wasnt even the "sex is bad, sex is baaad" speech, it was probably.... "dont say the S word in front of the children, its dirty"

Darth Revan
laughing out loud

Fiery Eyes
Well....the thing that would be wrong with Satanism would be it's EVIL LOL

Darth Revan
You people... Always judging what you don't understand no

Silver Stardust
Sadly, people always judge what they don't understand.

Fiery Eyes
what is to understand about it? lol

Fiery Eyes
Dictionary:
satanism Profound wickedness
Sa"tan*ism\, n. The evil and malicious disposition of Satan; a diabolical spirit.
n : the worship of devils (especially Satan)
Ok, now what am I not understanding? Am I understanding that star and Darth Revan are for Satanism?

GCG
They Both need eachother to exist - they co-exist.

Satan & God need eachother to obtain the balance. without one side , the other one would cease to carry on;

If Satan would be destroyed, then there would be no need for a God; and vice-versa.

GCG
may i also add that Both parties of profound belief are devotees while deeper down is the fanatic ; the only difference is the extreme end on each side

Darth Revan

Silver Stardust
Frankly, I think all of those would surprise her...

And I don't remember ever saying that I was for or against satanism, in fact this is the second post I've made in this thread. So now you're jumping to conclusions.

Darth Revan
Okay... the dictionary defines "Satanism" as what you said, yes. But the Church of Satan, which is the only significant Satanic organization, is a type of atheism in its purest forum. As somebody else in this thread said, Satanists believe that they are there own gods, they don't acknowledge any kind of higher power. The rituals they practice are intended to harness their own energy, not summon up some kind of supernatural creature. When they say "satan" or "demon", they mean a person's inner greatness... In fact, they encourage young people to learn more about Satanism, not because they want to corrupt innocent young minds, but because it's been shown that it can actually really help to focus an individual and bring out their potential.

Fiery Eyes
I don't believe that, when they say Demons or Satan that is who they are talking about. That is what Satanism is about, now someone may try to cloud someones thinking and try to say something diff to intice you get you to join them, but that is what Satanism is about.

Fiery Eyes
and lol who brought the bible up this time?? it wasn't me hehe I quoted right out of the dictionary what Satanism was.

Darth Revan
That's just stupid. That's like saying "well I don't think Christians really only worship one god, I think they only say they do to make people join them!" This is what is says in the Satanic Bible. It's not like they tell all theire members one thing, but then once they achieve a certain status they tell them the horrible truth that they really do believe there is a god and a Satan and that Satan is the greater power. I've done quite a bit of research on Satanism, and the only mention of any kind of supernatural being in the literal sense I've found is to say that they are atheists and don't believe in god. Don't try to argue with me on this, because we both know I know more about the topic than you do...

Turbo-Cajun
God, you really don't want to believe Satanist don't really worship the devil do you? Is it that hard to believe (that they dont believe in satan as an actual being)? Its seems like you've swallowed bigger stretches of truth with less evidence before.

It says clearly on their site, whose address was posted earlier, what they believe and what they dont really believe. They don't believe in God and they don't believe in the Devil. But, I'm sure you won't bother to even read it because your scared of it. You "really know what is going on over there." "They're evil" "Thats just what they say to get you to join" etc. etc.

If you had this wonderfully open mind like you say you have, I would like to see you read some of what they have to say and post again. I think that after reading it you will, like I did, realize that it is something you don't totally believe in, and is really rather harmless. True Satanists are no more a danger to society or children, or the church than your average "I dont believe in God" atheist. There are a bunch of atheists who have read the Bible and are familiar with its teachings, you should afford them the same courtesy and try familiarize yourself their "religious" beliefs before you make judgement on them.

Just we dont end up arguing later about this, and yes I'm the one starting it this time, that was a judgemental statement. If your going to argue that with me, I'll lay my cards on the table for you.

Despite their many differences with Christianity they, like you, want to be able to practice their own beliefs without people dumping on their religion the whole time. I know that Satanists are a favorite target of Christians, but if you knew what they really believe in you would just think it is as meaningless as any other non-Christian set of beliefs, and nothing especially evil.

finti
Well if that was the case I guess satanism and christianity have something in common then

Phoenix
Guys, please chill! Debates are all very well, but please don't descend to arguments.

Imperial_Samura
Well, I will be very general, and although it isn't a religion I follow (but then most are like that), and I don't really agree with their views (but then that is a natural thing), I have no real problem with it, I am happy for people to have a choice and follow what they wish, as long as they don't a. Force it upon others, or b. do harm to people who have no wish to be part of it, or goes against the law. I mean, I have never really heard, say, the Aztec religion described as evil despite the importance of human sacrifice, its all very relative, and as such it is, really, all about choice.

Darth Revan
IS> heh, interesting point with the Aztec religion. When I was in Mexico looking at some o' them ruins, the tour guide said that the early Spaniards made human sacrifice seem worse than it really was--saying they only sacrificed virgins, that people were dragged from their homes kicking and screaming, etc. When really it wasn't so bad, because the people who were sacrificed saw it as a great honor to be sacrificed to a god. Same way with Satanism... The Christians make it seem worse than it is to make people stay away from it and join them instead.

Df02
ffs people read the ****ing websites about satanism before making retarded posts like the 1 im quoting....SATANISM IS NOTHING TO DO WITH LUCIFER, THEY JUST USE THE WORD SATAN!!

how hard is that to understand!?! satanism beleives in no gods, and how would telling ppl to not beleive in any gods or bible stories suddenly encourage devil-worship?? since the whole point of satanism is NOT to beleive in that.

ur judging and defining a whole religion based on ur absolutely miniscule to non-existant knowledge of it!

Df02
its hard not to argue when the other half cant even understand simple point in the debate

darktim1
borrrrrrrrrring. he loses in the end so why worship a moron like him the only thing he should say is that to his followers is that one day god is going to place me into a lake of fire that will burn forever and all of you will be there with me.

Df02
^ wooo, another cockface who didnt read the thread before posting crap all over it

GET IT THROUGH YOUR HEADS PEOPLE, SATANISM HAS NOTHING TO DO WITH SATAN, LUCIFER, CTHULU, ASMODEUS, AZAZEAL OR ANY OF THE OTHER FALLEN ANGELS!!

and yes i do research religion quite alot.....altho im not sure on the exact amount or names of all the fallen angels obviously haha

finti
even so it is kind of retarded having satan as part of the name if they dont even believe in what gave the group their name.
Be more like if I started a group called Led Zeppelinism and we didnt actually care for Zepplin at all

Df02
no1's denying that, but after the umpteenth time we've said it in this thread, u woulda thought itd be simple to comprehend by now!

think the name originates from bible teachings, and since i think somwhere its said that "the absence of god, is satan..." or sumthing similar, they decided to name it that

Laskharis
If the satanists don't want to be misunderstood, they should really, really, really change their name. If they were called "Zoggists" or something, then parents would practically force their kiddies to join the religion so their inner thingummy could be harnessed...

Imperial_Samura
Still, I guess they shouldn't have to change there name just so people don't get confused. We need to be more open minded. And just wondering, somewhat off topic, God is all forgiving, but is there something he would never forgive..... if Satan were to say, reform, ask for forgiveness, would God forgive him?

Df02
i looked it up just now, because i just realised as we were arguing about it that the name Satan never appears on the list of fallen angels....ANYWHERE...
http://encyclopedia.thefreedictionary.com/List%20of%20fallen%20angels

so i looked about, hoping for a reason - hoping that the word Satan actually had nothing to do with the bible, and was just a mistranslation...

but found this instead
http://www.lds-mormon.com/lucifer.shtml

turns out, Lucifer is a Latin word...not a hebrew word... so a whole chapter of the bible was re-written because it would be "more interesting" if it was about a fallen angel rather than a fallen king haha!!

at the end of the day, ignoring the strict meanings of the word "satan" - satanism has absolutely nothing to do with the bible

love reading up about the stories behind the bible teachings....like a hobby, and its when u start to realise that the bible is a pile of crap lol

Darth Revan
That's the thing though, they don't want every other random moron on the street joining. They only want intelligent members who are going to be worth teaching and be serious about it.

Darth Revan
Oh yeah, y'know what... It tells about the origins of the word "Satan" in Angels and Demons. Has something to do with some middle eastern tribe...

Df02
on the face of it, the bible is a tight-knit little story...some flaws, but nothing more than u would expect from an old book...

then u start actually reading up on the background and word origins etc, and it falls apart like a house of cards in a storm

Laskharis
Oh, but the name "satanism" is so sodding provocative, it's like calling your religion "the baby killers." Not only does it make it impossible for nice-but-boring people (who make up the majority of the population) to support you, it also ensures that a large proportion of fresh converts are going to be sad losers out to offend their parents.
And I suppose God would forgive Satan. It's important to remember that (in christianity anyway), satan isn't the opposite of God, he's less than him. We're not comparing Winston Churchill and Hitler, were comparing Winny and Corporal Naziman of the Wehrmacht...

Laskharis
Bloody hell, by the time I've posted, the conversation has moved on heaps. This is embarassing...

Imperial_Samura
Heheh

Df02
good...if i had a religion, id sure as hell not want "random nice but boring people" joining, id want people who actually spent the time to sit down, read, comprehend and process the teachings and make decisions that way.. if they wanted people joining for nothing they call it "free-icecream-when-you-joinism"

Df02
http://encyclopedia.thefreedictionary.com/Sammael

ok, tied up that loose end....
Sammael is infact the actual person reffered to in the stories about Satan. Lucifer is the leader of the Fallen Angels.....but Sammael is the commonly know "Devil/Satan"

this should finalise the point that Satan is just a made up word, and has no real tangible association with the bible... if Satanism was truly about devil-worship, surely theyd be well-informed enough to take the actual name for it (like the Luciferianists)

http://www.jewishencyclopedia.com/view.jsp?artid=106&letter=S
stick the jewish encyclopedia entry in for good measure, and would probably be seen as more...err... valid i guess

Laskharis
What about the sad losers off to offend their parents?
Although yes, you have a good point about the nice but boring people.

Raz
Getting out of hand...closing.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.