Black Panther vs Wolverine

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Capt.JK
In a full out, 'Wakandan vs Canadian!', 'T'Challa vs Logan!', 'Black Panther vs Wolverine!' war of wars, with all of their powers and physical abilities, who would win?

who?-kid
Difficult one. I can see them both win. Depends entirely on the writer imo, because they are very equal.

But I'll say Wolverine, because he can take so much. Panther can't.

ScarletSpider
It depends entirely on who writes it. Logan does have the healing factor and crap, but with a big enough wound, that can slow him down, perhaps if Panther used his energy daggers to set a charge through his skeleton and boil his brain or something. T'Challa also has the suit that saps momentum from metal objects, if Wolverine lunges at him, he should almost reach him, then drop like a sack of adamantium bricks before he can lay a claw on him.

Nathaniel Grey
Hard call. Mobility is on the Panther's side but SHEER endurance, strength and skill is on Wolverine's. I'm leaning towards Logan on this one. Black Panther could slash Wolverine up all day but it wouldn't do much good since the man heals neigh instantly and he takes assault weapon fire heads up without flinching. ( Especially when he's feral. )The best Panther would hope for would be to KO Wolverine with his knockout agent or use one his knowledge of pressure points. Maybe he could immobilize him but even that would be a task considering Wolverine's no slouch.

Maestro
I don't see how wolverine would be able to do any damage on panther, seeing that his vibranium suit would just absorb any damage he would try and inflict on him, much like captain americas shield.

srankmissingnin
Caps' shield isn't Vibranium... people should get their facts straight before posting. Iron Fist has destroyed Panther's Vibranium suit before so it isn't indestructible. I think Wolverine would win, he was going to in Contest of Champions before The Thing stopped him.

I'm not sure but doesn't Blank Panther have some Anti-metal claws? If so they could cause serious damage to Wolverine.

Havoc470
thats what i was going to ask, if it has an effect against wolvies adamantium then that changes the outcome definitely, but wolvie was going to win against black panther with anti-metal claws or without?

srankmissingnin
Without...

ScarletSpider
Iron Fist's hand isn't metal though, it's just focused Chi, so it becomes "as like unto a thing of iron".

With Anti-metal claws, I'd give Panther a good chance at it, pressure point Wolverine, and dig into his spine with claws, liquifying the adamantium around his vertebra. Without (and probably a fair portion of the time with), Wolverine takes it.

Havoc470
yeah, bp with anti-metal claws would definitely take it, without the claws i think it'll be a great drawn out fight but wolvie would ultimately win

Wynndar
In the contest of champions wolverine was relatively new compared to BP...he even said so himself. He was trying to make a name for himself fighting T'Challa...T'Challa didnt care because the tournament didnt mean anything to him and he only fought back casually...wolverine was using lethal force...thats why Thing had to step in and say something.

Havoc470
t'challa wins imo, the anti-metal claws would definitely put a hurting on wolvie, and theres no reason for him not to have the anti-metal claws

Ironmanpower
Yeah Bp would win this.
He have the equipment to do it.

LEXDOOM
But if you take adamantium out of the mix, wolvie has taken on better without it. Plus underestimate his regen/healing factor. His organs can be goo and hes back up fighting. I just did some research on the net as new to comic book stuff. I said in his Government bio that the only way to defeat him is sever his head. His cells as will keep regen organs. Plus adamantium got in his dna or something making his cells more durable then ordinary peoples.

Nathaniel Grey
In Wolverine, Elektra was able to easily subjugate Wolverine with a simple nerve pinch of sorts. Seeing as how Black Panther possesses a similar ability when dealing with pressure points and so forth it would be easy for him to incapacitate Wolverine but not for long. I think T'Challa wouldn't be out to wound Wolverine since it's well known that his healing factor would aid him but he would attempt to stop him. And a simple drug that would K.O. Wolverine would be enough.

Wynndar
wolverine's healing ability is not as advanced as a lot of people think...there r certainly other ways to kill him, other than beheading.

Deadpool909
Who would win in this battle

Wolverine
Height:5 ft. 3 in.
Weight:300 lbs.

Known Superhuman Powers: Wolverine is a mutant with a number of enhancements to his physiology. Wolverine possesses heightened senses, making him capable of seeing things at a maximum distance greater than that of a normal human. His hearing is enhanced in a similar manner, and he is able to recognize people and objects by scent, even if that person or object is hidden. Logan can use these enhanced senses to track anyone, with an impressive degree of success.

He possesses retractable bone claws that are housed in his forearms, they are part of his skeleton system. At will Wolverine can release these claws through his skin between the knuckles on each hand. The skin between the knuckles tears and bleeds, but bleeding is quickly halted by his healing factor. The claws are naturally sharp and tougher than that of normal human bone structure. This allows Wolverine to be able to cut through most types of flesh and natural materials. (Note: While Wolverine possessed his adamantium skeleton, his claws were able to cut through almost any material without any fear of damage to the claws.)

Lastly, Wolverine possesses an accelerated healing factor based on his physiology. While most normal humans heal injuries over a long period of time, Wolverine's healing factor speeds up that natural process. Wolverine's natural healing has been advanced to the point where he can heal extensive injuries (such as broken limbs) in a matter of hours to days. This factor gives him a higher resistance to poisons and toxins, and he can recover from almost any injury. The more extensive the injury, the longer the healing time will be.

Wolverine is not immortal, however. If the injuries are extensive enough, especially if they result in the loss of vital organs, large amounts of blood, and/or loss of physical form (such as having flesh burned away by fire or acid), Logan can die.

Wolverine, again due to his healing factor, has an enhanced resistance to disease, as well as an extended life span. Despite Wolverine's chronological age, he is still as healthy and physically fit as a man in his prime.

Abilities: Due to his extensive training as a CIA operative, a Samurai, and as a member of the Weapon X program, Wolverine is a master of multiple forms of martial arts, weapons, and vehicles. He is also a trained expert in computers, explosives, and assassination techniques.

Black Panther
Height: 6 ft.
Weight: 185 lbs.

Abilities: An accomplished gymnast and acrobat, T'Challa is also an expert tracker. In addition, he has mastered various African martial arts.

Weapons: T'Challa's Vibranium micro-weave bodysuit not only stops bullets, but saps their momentum. His boots' Vibranium soles absorb sound and impact -- enabling him to leap from structures up to eight stories tall and land without injury, and literally run up the sides of buildings. The Panther's retractable claws contain a new composite of the experimental "anti-metal" Vibranium that can break down other alloys. T'Challa wields an energy dagger that can be fired, thrown or handled like a knife. At its highest setting, the weapon easily can cut through forged steel.

dami wilson
SO WHY THE TREAD DUDE? wOLVERINE WINS HANDS DOWN! i ONCE SAW A STUPID MAG WHERE WOLVERINE TEARS THROUGH IRON MAN'S SUIT AND I WAS SO SHOCKED I STOPPED READING THE MAG AND THRU IT AWAY! That was I think the essential Xmen or something! Figured I wouldn't buy it after that!

DarkCrawler
Black Panther could win.

Mainstream
yes...he could win...he's got a pretty good shot I'd think

Nathaniel Grey
Black Panther defeated him in the Contest of Champions, I believe. But writers NEVER encompass all of Wolverine's skills. They show him to be an animal without the capability of being cunning and witty. Black Panther COULD win this one I have no doubt about that. But the ratio of wins for him would be considerably smaller than those of Wolverine who's experience, durability and skill outmatch T'Challa's. I vote Wolverine. He's the BEST there is at what he does.

Mainstream
BP beats Wolverine huh...I like wolverine but I'm not one of his biggest fans though.

srankmissingnin
Nathaniel Grey is right about the Contest of Champions battle and how badly Wolverine was writen but even so he was going to win before the Thing stopped him.

Tron
From what I remember hearing, Wolverine had Black Panther to thank for even being able to get that close to Iron Man.

theflyxx
It was during BLACK PANTHER VOL.2 #41-45

And yeah, if it wasn't for Black Panther disabling the armor's force shields, Wolverine would be a stain.

Khellendros
I say Wolverine takes it. NO ONE hands out beatings like Wolverine.

Tron
And no one hands out beatings like Black Panther, not even Wolverine.wink

dami wilson
really boys? Anyway, I know the mag you're refering to about black Panter in the early 90 where he walks out of the avengers to check up on activities between his country n the US gov. n enlists wolverine's help in Canada. I only read part one which i got at home but the one I'm talking baout is the X-men mag which is where Mutants vs mankind is going on and that guy from SHIELD, is black rather than white. The SHEILD commander? Whats his name? Used to have an eye patch. Anyways, What powers does black panter have in keeping wolvie from continually getting up?

Nathaniel Grey
" Nicholas J. Fury ". I believe you're refering to the Ultimate version of the character? The one that looks a touch like Samuel L. Jackson.

dami wilson
yeah, thats the guy! It's recent like last year , late last year OR something like that. Anyway, in that story, the Xmen beat up on the Avengers like crap! I mean, they even had Colossus KOing Thor! Can you believe that ridiculous story line? They should sue some of these lame duck writers for infringing on Super Hero rights! Seriously kOing THOR? It was all the Xmen trashed the Avengers in that story and Wolverinre had Tony Stark in hospital with a broken leg! Gosh, that sucked! They should send that writer to Iraq and put him with the rebels on the front line! Some of the stories they come up with! Do they do their research?

DarkCrawler
It is Ultimates. Ultimate Thor and Iron Man are weaker then mainstream ones. I think it was good story.

dami wilson
WHAT'S THE DIFFERENCE? and most importantly, why do different versions? It confuses readers! Why make versions of one character stronger and make another one weaker?

ScarletSpider
That's just how it's been written. They didn't purposefully set out to say "lets make them weaker". They were erring on the side of reason and pseudo-science, not as much as the wanton fantasy and science-fiction that they rely upon in regular Marvel.

They created the Ultimate Universe when their movies became popular, and wanted something newstand friendly, and fresh for new readers who wanted to get into the characters, but not have to catch up on 500 issues of backreading.

Mainstream
quite right Tron

meep-meep
BP

Strength Level: The Black Panther is near the pinnicle of human physical perfection, his natural strength and abilities having been heightened by unidentified heart-shaped herb administered only to Wakandan kings during a sacred ascension ritual. THe herb os also only in Wakanda. While not superhuman, he is nearly as strong as a human being can become. He can lift (press) a maximum of 750 pounds with supreme effort.

Known Superhuman Powers: None

Abilities: An accomplished gymnast and acrobat, T'Challa is also an expert tracker. In addition, he has mastered various African martial arts.

Weapons: T'Challa's Vibranium micro-weave bodysuit not only stops bullets, but saps their momentum. His boots' Vibranium soles absorb sound and impact -- enabling him to leap from structures up to eight stories tall and land without injury, and literally run up the sides of buildings. The Panther's retractable claws contain a new composite of the experimental "anti-metal" Vibranium that can break down other alloys. T'Challa wields an energy dagger that can be fired, thrown or handled like a knife. At its highest setting, the weapon easily can cut through forged steel.

Wolvie

Strength Level: While Wolverine may be of an advanced age, he possesses the normal human strength of a man in his prime with his height and build who engages in intensive regular exercise. While possessing the adamantium skeleton, Wolverine's strength was increased to the human maximum, making him capable of lifting (pressing) 800 lbs.

Known Superhuman Powers: Wolverine is a mutant with a number of enhancements to his physiology. Wolverine possesses heightened senses, making him capable of seeing things at a maximum distance greater than that of a normal human. His hearing is enhanced in a similar manner, and he is able to recognize people and objects by scent, even if that person or object is hidden. Logan can use these enhanced senses to track anyone, with an impressive degree of success.

He possesses retractable bone claws that are housed in his forearms, they are part of his skeleton system. At will Wolverine can release these claws through his skin between the knuckles on each hand. The skin between the knuckles tears and bleeds, but bleeding is quickly halted by his healing factor. The claws are naturally sharp and tougher than that of normal human bone structure. This allows Wolverine to be able to cut through most types of flesh and natural materials. (Note: While Wolverine possessed his adamantium skeleton, his claws were able to cut through almost any material without any fear of damage to the claws.)

Lastly, Wolverine possesses an accelerated healing factor based on his physiology. While most normal humans heal injuries over a long period of time, Wolverine's healing factor speeds up that natural process. Wolverine's natural healing has been advanced to the point where he can heal extensive injuries (such as broken limbs) in a matter of hours to days. This factor gives him a higher resistance to poisons and toxins, and he can recover from almost any injury. The more extensive the injury, the longer the healing time will be.

Wolverine is not immortal, however. If the injuries are extensive enough, especially if they result in the loss of vital organs, large amounts of blood, and/or loss of physical form (such as having flesh burned away by fire or acid), Logan can die.

Wolverine, again due to his healing factor, has an enhanced resistance to disease, as well as an extended life span. Despite Wolverine's chronological age, he is still as healthy and physically fit as a man in his prime.

Abilities: Due to his extensive training as a CIA operative, a Samurai, and as a member of the Weapon X program, Wolverine is a master of multiple forms of martial arts, weapons, and vehicles. He is also a trained expert in computers, explosives, and assassination techniques.

Wolverine is tracking T'challa in a Wakandan jungle. After he finds BP, Wolvie attempts to ambush him. However, to his surprise T'Challa senses him before Wolverine is upon his. They are 3 meters away from one another who walks away the victor?

Piedmon
Hey, think about this

Ulysses Klaw's gun fires SOLID SOUND

Black Panther DODGES SOUND.

=O

King KAM
Wolverine rips that fancy suit to shreds.

Piedmon
Does T'Challa get his ENERGY SPEARS?

King KAM
Originally posted by Piedmon
Does T'Challa get his ENERGY SPEARS?
no he gets 3 adamantium claws to the solarplexes, numerous times.

Dark+Me#1
Hello Well ithink The black panter would win they rule.wink

Piedmon
OK, in all seriousness now....

Black Panther is known to be slightly faster/more agile then Captain America, but lacks Cap's strength/power. Wolverine is faster and stronger then human capability allows, meaning he physically outclasses T'Challa virtually across the board.

The Panther's only chance comes via his weapons and gadgets. His leap will carry him out of danger, allowing him to pick his targets. However, his ranged attacks--energy or vibranium throwing daggers--aren't going to do anything more then make Wolverine mad.

Obviously the Panther's armor isn't going to stand up to a swipe from Wolverine's claws. T'Challa has to get in close for his anti-metal claws, one of the few weapons in existence that could possibly damage Wolverine's skeleton, to be useful. And personally, I believe it would take multiple strikes on a single section of the skeleton before it even began to break down (Adamantium being hundreds of times harder then titanium and all.)

T'Challa's best chance? Hide behind terrain, use throwing daggers to distract Wolverine, and then while he's pulling a vibranium pigsticker out of his face, use the boots to leap in, slash with the anti-metal claws, and duck out before Wolverine can counter.

Even so, that's a desperate strategy. Between Wolverine's martial arts expertise and his supernatural speed, it's also likely that T'Challa will eventually get taken out in mid-leap.

I say Wolverine 7/10.

Creshosk
I'd say BP 7/10 at least. . . if not more because of his suit.

This has also been done before

http://www.killermovies.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=354566
http://www.killermovies.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=316061
http://www.killermovies.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=342673
http://www.killermovies.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=324410

Piedmon
Wolverine rips through tanks, how is bullet proof armor going to help T'Challa?

Creshosk
Originally posted by Piedmon
Wolverine rips through tanks, how is bullet proof armor going to help T'Challa? Because its not just "bulletproof armor" it's Vibranium. It neutrilizes all of Wolverine's kinetic movement against it. . .

zachrivard
i think wolverine would win, whats black panther gonna do to kill him

8bitChris
Use his "anti-metal" claws that could theoretically dissolve the adamantium that coats Wolverine's bones.

Piedmon
Originally posted by Creshosk
Because its not just "bulletproof armor" it's Vibranium. It neutrilizes all of Wolverine's kinetic movement against it. . .

That changes things somewhat. Of course, a slowed 110 MPH claw shank would still do some damage, and hurt like hell. Thanks to T'Challa's fighting genius, he's as good a martial artist as Logan despite having much less experience.... nevertheless, it would take several strikes of his anti-metal claws to wear down Wolverine's pure adamantium skeleton. (There's also secondary adamantium, which is much crappier and what most of Ultron's bodies are made of.)

Presumably Wolverine knows some judo/defensive throws.... if actually striking T'Challa's armor would be COMPLETELY ineffectual (but I refuse to believe the Panther's armor is THAT good without some evidence), he could still use a shoulder toss to get T'Challa on the ground and finish him with a strike to a seam in the back of the armor's neck. (There must be one, since T'Challa's mask comes off seperate to his body armor.)

I want to say, however, that I've changed my earlier decision from 7/3 Wolverine to 5/5.

I've always felt that Black Panther, Spider Man, Captain America, Wolverine, and the Thing were pretty much all in the same class, one could defeat the other in any given instance.

Wynndar
HUH? Panther less experienced?

Piedmon
Wolverine started his martial arts training sometime in the 1930s. That's 70+ years of training and fighting. T'Challa's been alive for less then half of that!

Wynndar
wolverine started his martial arts trinaing in the 30's or his implanted memories say he did?

Piedmon
He knows of this because Ogun, his old sensei, confirmed those memories. He first met Ogun in China in the 1930s, refused his training, and came back a few years later. It was unlikely to have been in the 40s because we know Wolverine was fighting the Axis during WWII.

Ergo, Wolverine's first experience with the martial arts came in the 1930s.

Piedmon
>>

Bump.

WAF3001
wolverine wins

King KAM
Wolverine would destroy BP withtout the suit in just h2h BP is a pushover, Wolverine has KO;ed shatterstar.

TwisterGameX
Didn't the panther fight wolverine in his just recent recent....recent comic of Bp ?

DarkCrawler
Yeah, and threw him down with a martial art move.
http://putfile.com/pic.php?pic=11/31517395252.gif&s=x2

TwisterGameX
Originally posted by DarkCrawler
Yeah, and threw him down with a martial art move.

laughing out loud

X-Logan
Wolverine wins.Better fighter,stronger,more durable blablabla

TwisterGameX
I dn who wins but did you see wolverine get thrown to the side ? I got to read the rest first.

TwisterGameX

TwisterGameX

TwisterGameX
I am not saying anyone wins I am just saying...

TwisterGameX
thje pic is blury but you get the idea.

DarkCrawler
http://putfile.com/pic.php?pic=11/31517395252.gif&s=x2

Metalmanx
Basically, yea. Black Panther wins.

TwisterGameX
Well BP did chump Wolvie but Wolvie didn't die or anything or get KOED.

Metalmanx
Originally posted by TwisterGameX
Well BP did chump Wolvie but Wolvie didn't die or anything or get KOED.

That's true.

But BP is quite capable of knocking Wolvie out.

X-Logan
And this scans shows that BP would win in which planet?

TwisterGameX
Planet Spidey

X-Logan
Originally posted by TwisterGameX
Planet Spidey
Not even there...

TwisterGameX
Originally posted by X-Logan
Not even there...

Well I think this is a good match..both BP and Wolvie can beat spidey so I wonder who would win against each other... I am still undecdied.

X-Logan
I think both would beat spidey too.

But Logan has the advantage against Tchalla.

Wolvie is a better fighter,just need one hit with the claws to end the fight,oh and has a healing factor too.

TwisterGameX
This is true..hmm

DarkCrawler
Originally posted by X-Logan
I think both would beat spidey too.

But Logan has the advantage against Tchalla.

Wolvie is a better fighter,just need one hit with the claws to end the fight,oh and has a healing factor too.

Doesn't Black Panther have anti-metal claws, though?

JediMasterLuke5
Panther goes down hard.

sam_drugbringer
Not just anti-metal. Anti-adimentuim

He can cut Wolverine into bity pieces eaisly. He's faster, and more lethal.

Wolverine's Healing factor is not nearly as powerful as sometimes it seems. With BP's suit, he can take Wolverine down.

meep-meep
Black Panther. I like BP's character and it helps he is the Mrvel version of a Batman like character in terms of ability, tech, and intelligence. I say BP outsmarts Wolvie.

cheldon
adamantium is made up of 7 types of metal, including vibranium. that has to be much stronger than the panther's suit. plus, depending on the writer, his healing factor can prove to be very useful during the fights.

here are some of the feats he has gone to with his healing factor and durability:
*had adamantium ripped out of his skeleton and healed back in a couple days
*was forced to stay awake during all of the operations and experiments at the weapon x project
*had a vat of lava mixed with radiation poured onto him and he was said to heal his skin almost instantly, said his skin flickered in and out of existence and would have been killed 10 times over if he were a normal human.
*given tranquilizers that could stun an elephant and he was still barely awake.
*shot thousands of times while trying to escape to weapon x and barely slowed down.
*shot to the head by six adamantium bullets and healed in the next page.
* can take punches from the hulk.
*can drink any poison on earth and not be killed and can drink 2 full bottles of whisky and not even get a hangover.
* can run for days non-stop.
*and fought omega red for 24 hours before he was finally defeated.

i don't tink those gadgets and equipment wil be enough to KO logan. what ever the weapon, it has to be powerful. very powerful.

other than that, wolverine 8/10

sam_drugbringer
Beheading will do that.

cheldon
Originally posted by sam_drugbringer
Beheading will do that.

do what? are u refering to my post? how can someone like bp cut off an adamantium neck?

Wynndar
Hmm...I dont think u were paying attention to what people where saying about BP. BP's claws are made of a material of is own design that can cut through any metal including Adamantium.

Wolverine is an awesome straight up fighter; but he is clearly beneath some of the other top tier fighters like Black Panther and Captain America. The healing factor is a perfect example of this...Wolverine doesnt have to have the perfect technique like BP, Cap, or Mr X. since he can take a few hits...in the case of his fight against Gorgon, he took a lot of hits.

Not only is Wolverine using lethal force i.e. trying to slash T'Challla in the face with his claws, T'Challa says he doesnt want to hurt them, implying he can handle that whole team of X-Men. Then he effortlessly out speeds wolvie, twists his arm and tosses him. Wolverine is even astonished by his speed and makes a comment about it.

So T'Challa demonstrates an advantage in hand to hand...is Wolverine sposed to outsmart him maybe...even though T'Challa is one of the top mind son Earth and has a defense against Galactus?

Even in the one dimensional context of hand to hand Wolverine loses...then considering BP has the strategy, resources, and brains to lead the Avengers, buy out Stark Enterprises, and build a defense from Galactus, Wolverine just isnt in his class, although he is an awesome character.

Its impossible to objectively say Wolverine wins...anyone who makes the assumption that he should clearly win is suspiciously bias IMO.

Metalmanx
Originally posted by cheldon
adamantium is made up of 7 types of metal, including vibranium. that has to be much stronger than the panther's suit. plus, depending on the writer, his healing factor can prove to be very useful during the fights.

here are some of the feats he has gone to with his healing factor and durability:
*had adamantium ripped out of his skeleton and healed back in a couple days
*was forced to stay awake during all of the operations and experiments at the weapon x project
*had a vat of lava mixed with radiation poured onto him and he was said to heal his skin almost instantly, said his skin flickered in and out of existence and would have been killed 10 times over if he were a normal human.
*given tranquilizers that could stun an elephant and he was still barely awake.
*shot thousands of times while trying to escape to weapon x and barely slowed down.
*shot to the head by six adamantium bullets and healed in the next page.
* can take punches from the hulk.
*can drink any poison on earth and not be killed and can drink 2 full bottles of whisky and not even get a hangover.
* can run for days non-stop.
*and fought omega red for 24 hours before he was finally defeated.

i don't tink those gadgets and equipment wil be enough to KO logan. what ever the weapon, it has to be powerful. very powerful.

other than that, wolverine 8/10

Vibranium is not a part of adamantium actually. Wolverine's skeleton is composed of True Adamantium to my knowledge, which doesn't include vibranium if I remember correctly.

And the ripped-out-adamantium-from-his-skeleton thing...didn't Jean have to keep him alive throughout that whole thing? If I remember correctly, if it wasn't for her, Wolverine would be dead.

And the being shot in the head with Adamantium bullets...if you're referring to the Ultimate X-men volume #7: Block Buster, then I'm going to have to say that doesn't count since it's Ultimate. And, if I'm not allowed to use Ultimate examples, then well, I can't let anyone else do it either.

Anyway. Black Panther definitely has the skill and ability to take out Wolverine. He's faster, more agile, quicker, has awesome tech (energy daggers that can slice through Wolvie like butter), couple of guns, anti-metal claws, vibranium body suit), and is just all around much more smarter than Wolvie. He can easily outsmart him in a fight and overload his healing factor.

Piedmon
This fight has been done sooooo many times....

In the end, we can only conclude that it will be largely decided by chance. Panther is faster and better armed, but vulnerable. Wolverine can hardly keep up, but can stay in the fight much longer.

Piedmon
Originally posted by Metalmanx
Anyway. Black Panther definitely has the skill and ability to take out Wolverine. He's faster, more agile, quicker, has awesome tech (energy daggers that can slice through Wolvie like butter), couple of guns, anti-metal claws, vibranium body suit), and is just all around much more smarter than Wolvie. He can easily outsmart him in a fight and overload his healing factor.

Way to turn one ability of T'Challa's into three.... actually, I'd say that in terms of outright running, Wolverine is faster because of his greater power. T'Challa only has superior reflexes and agility.

Wolverine's bones would stop T'Challa's energy dagger. Just because they're lasers doesn't mean they can slice through anything solid---refer to how Wolverine's skeleton remained totally intact through a Sentinel's blast in DoFP.

Wynndar
No...catch up on ur BP research...he has ANTIMETAL CLAWS...I believe back from when Priest was writing him...and they could cut through Adamantium.

LexCorp
yes they can cut through 2nd rate crap Adamantium. Nothing i have read in marvel cuts through pure, true stuff that wolvie has.

28Dave37
Originally posted by ScarletSpider
It depends entirely on who writes it. Logan does have the healing factor and crap, but with a big enough wound, that can slow him down, perhaps if Panther used his energy daggers to set a charge through his skeleton and boil his brain or something. T'Challa also has the suit that saps momentum from metal objects, if Wolverine lunges at him, he should almost reach him, then drop like a sack of adamantium bricks before he can lay a claw on him.

I LOVE YOU
as a friend
because you are correct and you tell it how it is pluse cool ass sig
I like wolvie
Its just all the FANBOYS especially on here that suck Besides have them use their claws BP will slice wolvies off
Vibranium vs adamantium
Adamantium was the result of trying to make vibranium therefor vibranium is stronger

28Dave37
Originally posted by Ritoshi
This is true..hmm

this is not BP cannot be stabbed due to his armor
correction one slice would penetrate and or hurt him

steverules
Wolverine.

capt it up
Originally posted by Nathaniel Grey
In Wolverine, Elektra was able to easily subjugate Wolverine with a simple nerve pinch of sorts. Seeing as how Black Panther possesses a similar ability when dealing with pressure points and so forth it would be easy for him to incapacitate Wolverine but not for long. I think T'Challa wouldn't be out to wound Wolverine since it's well known that his healing factor would aid him but he would attempt to stop him. And a simple drug that would K.O. Wolverine would be enough.
what drug would KO wolverine? please i wanna see what drug can KO wolverine?
also a nerve punch? please show issue numer for this ebcuase im pritty sure ur lieing.

capt it up
Originally posted by 28Dave37
I LOVE YOU
as a friend
because you are correct and you tell it how it is pluse cool ass sig
I like wolvie
Its just all the FANBOYS especially on here that suck Besides have them use their claws BP will slice wolvies off
Vibranium vs adamantium
Adamantium was the result of trying to make vibranium therefor vibranium is stronger
actauly thats not true at all.
adamtium was created form tryign to make vibranium but in no way does that make it stronger. vibrannium and adamatium are both umbreakable niether can destroy the other.

srankmissingnin
Anti-metal can't cut adamantium, it can't cut any metal for that matter. What it can do is emit a vibration that weakens any metal in the area at the molecular liquefying it. Primary Adamantium is to durable to be liquefied though, when Pym attacked Ultron with Antarctic Vibranium, Ultron's body was weakened enough that after a beating it shattered. So it can be weakened to the point where someone with superhuman strength can shatter it. Would Black Panther's anti metal claws damage Wolverine's claws? Who can say. Logan's adamantium is different then Primary Adamantium in that is an amalgamation of bone and adamantium (it's called Adamantium Beta), and while it has been shown to be as strong and durable as Primary Adamantium it is at least in part organic which would make it less subceptable to the effects of Antarctic Vibranium.

capt it up
Originally posted by srankmissingnin
Anti-metal can't cut adamantium, it can't cut any metal for that matter. What it can do is emit a vibration that weakens any metal in the area at the molecular liquefying it. Primary Adamantium is to durable to be liquefied though, when Pym attacked Ultron with Antarctic Vibranium, Ultron's body was weakened enough that after a beating it shattered. So it can be weakened to the point where someone with superhuman strength can shatter it. Would Black Panther's anti metal claws damage Wolverine's claws? Who can say. Logan's adamantium is different then Primary Adamantium in that is an amalgamation of bone and adamantium (it's called Adamantium Beta), and while it has been shown to be as strong and durable as Primary Adamantium it is at least in part organic which would make it less subceptable to the effects of Antarctic Vibranium.
also as I recalled that ultron had secondary adamtium not primary

srankmissingnin
Originally posted by capt it up
adamtium was created form tryign to make vibranium but in no way does that make it stronger. vibrannium and adamatium are both umbreakable niether can destroy the other.

Both wrong.

Adamantium was created to replicate Caps shield (which has vibranium in its mixture.)

Adamantium is unbreakable, vibranium is not. There was an island thats foundation was pure vibranium, it was blown up. US Agents shield was vibranium and it was cleaved through by an adamantium knife.

Black Panther's suit not being bure vibranium but a vibranium microweave would not be as able to repel Wolverine's claws as a vibranium shield... and that didn't go so will with US Agent shield vs Adamantium Knife.

srankmissingnin
also as I recalled that ultron had secondary adamtium not primary

Ultron Unlimted was made out of Primary Adamantium (Avengers v3 -19-22)

capt it up
Both wrong.

Adamantium was created to replicate Caps shield (which has vibranium in its mixture.)

Adamantium is unbreakable, vibranium is not. There was an island thats foundation was pure vibranium, it was blown up. US Agents shield was vibranium and it was cleaved through by an adamantium knife.

Black Panther's suit not being bure vibranium but a vibranium microweave would not be as able to repel Wolverine's claws as a vibranium shield... and that didn't go so will with US Agent shield vs Adamantium Knife.
actualy capt shield is vibranium alloy. it has no adamatium in it. also u are correct capt it was created while tring to make anothe rof capt shield thats my bad I sghould said that.

capt it up
Ultron Unlimted was made out of Primary Adamantium (Avengers v3 -19-22)
really? the one that was destroy bu anti metal was amde of primary adamatium.

soleran30
actualy capt shield is vibranium alloy. it has no adamatium in it. also u are correct capt it was created while tring to make anothe rof capt shield thats my bad I sghould said that.

caps shield does have adamantium in it as well as vibranium, those are the 2 metals combined to make his alloy shield.

srankmissingnin

... If I said that adamantium was created while trying to recreate Caps shield that its pretty clear that his shield would have no adamantium in it lol

really? the one that was destroy bu anti metal was amde of primary adamatium.

Yeah. His minions where secondary adamantium but the main Ultron was Primary Adamantium.

srankmissingnin
Originally posted by soleran30
caps shield does have adamantium in it as well as vibranium, those are the 2 metals combined to make his alloy shield.

Do it doesn't. Caps shield has absolutely no adamantium it at all, it was made with vibranium and an unknown alloy. Adamantium was created in an attempt to repeat the process... if anything adamantium has vibranium in it.

capt it up
Originally posted by soleran30
actauly thats not true that what was thought for a while but it was later shown to no be true.

srankmissingnin
actauly thats not true that what was thought for a while but it was later shown to no be true.

It was printed in the Hand Books but it was wrong like a lot of stuff in those books.

car
Originally posted by Nathaniel Grey
Hard call. Mobility is on the Panther's side but SHEER endurance, strength and skill is on Wolverine's. I'm leaning towards Logan on this one. Black Panther could slash Wolverine up all day but it wouldn't do much good since the man heals neigh instantly and he takes assault weapon fire heads up without flinching. ( Especially when he's feral. )The best Panther would hope for would be to KO Wolverine with his knockout agent or use one his knowledge of pressure points. Maybe he could immobilize him but even that would be a task considering Wolverine's no slouch.

black panther would get killed

car
wolverine would cut panther up

28Dave37

Sorry i meant that in theory if his claws were vibranium still (in theory) could damage adamantium
They would in theory damage vibranium for any material can damage itself

28Dave37

Sorry for DP but i do know this and was actually trying to clearify the difference in he is claws vs his shield
so ppl do not think of them the same

braz
Wolverine slashes BP along the seams of his vibranium suit, and slices n dices him from there

capt it up
Originally posted by braz
Wolverine slashes BP along the seams of his vibranium suit, and slices n dices him from there
he would nto even need too. maverick ahs the same type of suit and stated wolverine can easiliy cut through it

braz
so adamantium CAN cut through vibranium?

capt it up
Originally posted by braz
so adamantium CAN cut through vibranium?
yes it can because of the type of vibranium it is. it was explained already

capt it up
"Both wrong.

Black Panther's suit not being bure vibranium but a vibranium microweave would not be as able to repel Wolverine's claws as a vibranium shield... and that didn't go so will with US Agent shield vs Adamantium Knife."
what srank said earlier

braz
soo adamantium COULDNT cut through pure vibranium? even though itsd unbreakable?

Metalmanx
I give this to Black Panther 6/10.

Wynndar
BP showed last time when he outmaneuvered Logan...he doesnt need vibranium weave cuz wolvie cant touch him...

srankmissingnin
Originally posted by Wynndar
BP showed last time when he outmaneuvered Logan...he doesnt need vibranium weave cuz wolvie cant touch him...

He managed to grap Wolverine's arm an toss him, really not too impressive. Besides it was the only possible thing that could have happened considering that for some reason Wolverine charaged BP with his claws out and took a swipe at his head. Now Wolverine has meet Black Panther several times before and knows good an well who he is so why would he try to kill him? It is the only possible out come if Wolverine had landed his attack. Bad writing (not a shocker it was Hudlin after all) and an example of PIS if their ever was one. and why on earth was Gambit unable to avoid getting hit by Wolverine?

Even Wolverine sucker punching and pining BP during their team up is more relevent then what happened in Black Panther v4 8

nathan summers
I wouldn't call Hudlin's writing bad. He's just not totally deferring to the former writers ideas on the Black Panther character. Many writers have given their own views of characters and have been met with such, heavy handed criticisms. EX: Christopher Priest. Anyway, as for the issue. Black Panther #8. Where in the writing of that issue does it state Wolverine was attempting to kill Black Panther? For that matter where does it even show him attempting a killing move towards him? From my perspective it seemed as though Panther merely charged a virtually stationary Wolverine, Logan defensively swiped at him believing Panther was attacking, Panther parried and tossed him back. After-all, his goal was to keep THEM away from the guy who could absorb their powers, right? Where's the bad writing? That seems like a plausible reaction to me. Should Wolverine just STAND there and stare at an oncoming Panther? It's not like this was a one on one cage fight to the death. The Black Panther's goal wasn't to " defeat " the X-Men. It was to KEEP THEM AWAY from the guy who could absorb their powers.

srankmissingnin
Originally posted by nathan summers
I wouldn't call Hudlin's writing bad. He's just not totally deferring to the former writers ideas on the Black Panther character. Many writers have given their own views of characters and have been met with such, heavy handed criticisms. EX: Christopher Priest. Anyway, as for the issue. Black Panther #8. Where in the writing of that issue does it state Wolverine was attempting to kill Black Panther? For that matter where does it even show him attempting a killing move towards him? From my perspective it seemed as though Panther merely charged a virtually stationary Wolverine, Logan defensively swiped at him believing Panther was attacking, Panther parried and tossed him back. After-all, his goal was to keep THEM away from the guy who could absorb their powers, right? Where's the bad writing? That seems like a plausible reaction to me. Should Wolverine just STAND there and stare at an oncoming Panther? It's not like this was a one on one cage fight to the death. The Black Panther's goal wasn't to " defeat " the X-Men. It was to KEEP THEM AWAY from the guy who could absorb their powers.

First panel of the page Wolverine is charaging at BP, in next panel BP rushes to meet him and then Wolverine swings at him and Black Panther uses Wolverine's momentum to launch him into the x-men. The narrative doesn't need to tell you that Wolverine was trying to kill BP it's easy enough to peace together since it's the only possible thing that could have happened if that attack hit him.

nathan summers
That seems to be your own personal interpretation of what occured in the panel and not exactly what was there. Yes, Wolverine charged forward, as did Rogue, Gambit, Iceman etc. They did so to clear the debri after the fact that Rogue blew the door in. It also seems Wolverine STOPPED for a moment when he made the statement " ...or the not-so-easy way. " At this point Panther charges towards a virtually stationary Wolverine, etc. There was hardly any over the top aggression on Wolverine's part. He wasn't out to " kill " Panther. If he was, he would have done a lot more than do some little swipe. And we would have seen more than a single panel of Wolverine getting tossed back into the group. You're over analyzing.

nathan summers
As for the possibility of a fight, Black Panther could win. It's not entirely out of the question. He could employ the same technique that Elektra used to immobilize Wolverine. In a long drawn out battle, Black Panther would lose. He can't compete with Logan's durability.

capt it up
electra was only able to due what she did becuase wolverine was fighting 20 shield agents and had just recovered no even full from having him self pritty much killed.

riceroost
Originally posted by Creshosk
Because its not just "bulletproof armor" it's Vibranium. It neutrilizes all of Wolverine's kinetic movement against it. . . This isn't entirely true. Panther's suit gets cut all the time. Kraven cut through it during Priest's run with a common hunting Knife. Wolverine would kill Panther with one thrust.

capt it up
yup

srankmissingnin
Originally posted by riceroost
This isn't entirely true. Panther's suit gets cut all the time. Kraven cut through it during Priest's run with a common hunting Knife. Wolverine would kill Panther with one thrust.

Kraven actually had to cut along the seams of the suit. Not that it matters Adamantium has cut through Vibranium before so there isn't much to argue.

Tony Stark
Originally posted by King KAM
Wolverine would destroy BP withtout the suit in just h2h BP is a pushover, Wolverine has KO;ed shatterstar.

confused

BP has beaten Cap on a more consistent basis then the other way around... Without his fancy new suit... And it's always been strictly h2h other than Cap's shield of course.

So how you've come up with BP being a h2h pushover is beyond ME, MARVEL's reasonings and outside of the comics showings themselves.

As for the thread BP 7/10 mininum and with his suit a higher %.

capt it up
Originally posted by Tony Stark
confused

BP has beaten Cap on a more consistent basis then the other way around... Without his fancy new suit... And it's always been strictly h2h other than Cap's shield of course.

So how you've come up with BP being a h2h pushover is beyond ME, MARVEL's reasonings and outside of the comics showings themselves.

As for the thread BP 7/10 mininum and with his suit a higher %.
first when has black panther every foughten capt? besides contest of champions 2?

BP 7/10 out of his suit lol how bias are u.

King_Mungi
Black Panther just fought Cap in BP's new run. I forget the issue number, but BP beat Cap.

riceroost
Originally posted by Tony Stark
Cap is a pushover when realistically compared to Wolverine. Cap is like BP's equal. Wolverine is greater than BP. Stronger, Faster, Tougher, more Experienced and more Training than Cap. Plus Wolverine has claws. One hit from them and T'Challa dies. one hit from a shield just kind of hurts.

capt it up
Originally posted by King_Mungi
Black Panther just fought Cap in BP's new run. I forget the issue number, but BP beat Cap.
realy was it purly hand 2 hand and even so that guy said BP has won more times vs capt which would not be true ebcuase that make it 50/50

jinzin
\Originally posted by Piedmon
Does T'Challa get his ENERGY SPEARS? Originally posted by King KAM
no he gets 3 adamantium claws to the solarplexes, numerous times. laughing out loud

Wynndar

Yea he just tossed Wolverine around in an issue of X-Men a few months ago too.

King_Mungi
realy was it purly hand 2 hand and even so that guy said BP has won more times vs capt which would not be true ebcuase that make it 50/50

Hand to hand and no I don't think he has won more times, as I can only recall them fighting maybe three times...maybe.

King_Mungi

He did, what issue?

jinzin

scans please?

srankmissingnin
He is talking about that Black Panther / X-men team up where Black Panther graps Wolverine and throws him into the rest of the x-men and knocks them over like bowling pins. Stupid feat.

jinzin
scans?

didn't wolverine almost waste BP in contest of champions?

or are we not including the feats that make wolverine look like less than crap again?

capt it up
He did, what issue?
black panthe r8 it was not a fight it last 2 pannels wolverine was not hrut and BP just surprized him.

capt it up
Originally posted by jinzin
scans?

didn't wolverine almost waste BP in contest of champions?

or are we not including the feats that make wolverine look like less than crap again?
ya in contest of champions #3 wolverien beats black panther and is about to kill him till thing interupts the fight

Wynndar
Stupid feat? Wolverine also slashed at him with his claws...BP effortlessly avoided him then grabbed him "Woah...fast" is all Wolverine could say before BP body slammed him into the other X-Men. T'Challa also proved to be smarter and a better strategist than all the present X-Men in the same issue.

jinzin
Stupid feat? Wolverine also slashed at him with his claws...BP effortlessly avoided him then grabbed him "Woah...fast" is all Wolverine could say before BP body slammed him into the other X-Men. T'Challa also proved to be smarter and a better strategist than all the present X-Men in the same issue.

scans?

Wynndar
someone will produce them...I dont have the comic with me...It was in the first X-Men issue in the BP/X-Men cross over

srankmissingnin
How is it not a stupid feat? Wolverine attacks T'Challa, a man he knows and might even consider a friend, with his claws out. If Wolverine's attack had landed BP would be dead, no way around it. So why did he even attack? It makes no sense. I doubt he wanted to kill BP. And the worst part is Gambit, a guy with blatantly superhuman speed was not fast or agile enough to get out of the way of Wolverine when Black Panther tossed him. It was stupid.

srankmissingnin
someone will produce them...I dont have the comic with me...It was in the first X-Men issue in the BP/X-Men cross over

No it's Black Panther v4 08...

capt it up
it back panther 8# it means nuthign he surprized wolverine big whoop he surpized wolverine in contest of champions also and the fight still ended with wolverine easiliy pinning black panther to the ground and thing shows up and thats what saves black panthers life.

riceroost
The only reason Panther was able to toss Wolverine was because it happened in Black Panther and it was written by Reginald Hudlin, who is a complete and utter moron. Look at the way Hudlin characterized Wolverine during his run on Marvel Knights Spider-Man. He doesn't know anything about the character. Look how badly he is screwing up Storm's character. The man writes comics like an 8 year old.

Contest of Champions: Wolverine proves he is physically more than a match for Panther. Would have killed him if Thing hadn't stopped the fight.

Priest's run on Black Panther: This was actually a GOOD run on Panther. Unlike the drivel that Hudlin passes off. Wolverine does a job for Panther and when he thinks Panther is going to stiff him he decks him, knocking Panther to the ground and then shoves his claws in his face. Panther was helpless.

marvelprince
This isn't a breeze like everyone is saying since BP is one bad mo'fo', but Wolverine still beats him out here. Wolverine matchs and beats him in terms of physical attributes, bests him in fighting skills and if that wasn't enough has the claws and the healing factor. Without some sort of elaborate plan/trap Panther isn't winning this one

Logan_Owns
After reading the rules:

No PIS, CIS.

Fight in an empty warehouse.

Who will win??

Galan777
which version of wolvie is it?

Logan_Owns
616. Current. No healing factor.

Galan777
Originally posted by Logan_Owns
616. Current. No healing factor. No HF?

in that case in going with T'Challa ftw

Sub_Mariner
This guy actually sounds like a wolverine fan, not a fanboy, he's an endangered species.

<< THERE IS MORE FROM THIS THREAD HERE >>