Captain America vs. Thor

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Maelstrom
bannedThis fight must be blocked from view in order to protect the honor of the combatants.
Thor without his godforce of course.
Now I doubt his hammer can crack the Shield but it might come close.
Now if Cap is fast and agile enough like he is is with his shield he can flip and grab the hammer out of its flight, taking possession of both the Hammer and The Shield. bunny

BobbyD
M, what you described, IMO, is the only way Caps could get a victory out of this. The chances, however, are verrrrry slim. I say so, because if they never met, Thor would realize (quickly) that he could bludgeon Caps to death with his bare fists, and deflect the shield or catch it himself. Thor is too well rounded to worry about throwing Mojilnor early to get a victory in THIS fight...would be among his final options to part with Mojilnor, IMO. Before that would happen, Caps should be bloody mess.

MatchesMalone
What the hell is this? Captain America vs. Thor? Is this a riddle or something? Is there a punch line to a joke that I am missing?

lightaxe
How can you even compare them.

Mainstream
Let's review people. Captain America has an over growen frisbee and Thor has a hammer and he is a god. I think Thor would take Cap. Captain America vs Daredevil would have been a more even fight. (sort of.)

MatchesMalone
Captain America vs. Daredevil is definitely a more even fight, by far. Those two are actually in the same class. Even if you teamed those two together, the only chance they have of beating Thor is if they tell Thor they actually think they can hurt him. This will force Thor to laugh hysterically and uncontrollably for hours until he passes out. For some reason, Captain America and Batman fans like to be involved in threads where their hero is humiliated. Fortunately, Daredevil has been spared that fate, as there does not seem to be many fans that start threads that conclude with Daredevil's demise. Well, except for one fan. Don't worry, I won't say any names. Cosmo Kramer.

BobbyD
hahahha Matches strike again!

Sorry Cos.

leonheartmm
this is an ediotic fight, and as far as the thing with cap grabbing thor's hammer goes, id say,U HAVE LOST UR MIND, no mortal has enough strength to lift thor's hammer. stupid fight neway.

MERCILOUS
I don't think it's a matter of strength. If Odin was angry at Thor he just might let Cap lift the hammer, Cap certainly has a noble enough spirit.

Maelstrom
Well you guys are all gods and i'm a man and there's 6 billion of you and you can't take me. So in theroy if Cap. is a man and a perfect one in the physcial sense, it would be Thor facing the limitation.
Lucky men aren't for sale or else Thor might have a real life.
If Thor threw the hammer Cap could get it, trust me. If he held the hammer Cap would take it from him. He has more honor than Thor does. If Thor set the hammer down we'll say he would lose his godhood and cap would finish him.

MatchesMalone
Would you mind taking the time to elaborate on those first three sentences? Because, you completely lost me.

dami wilson
HOW MANY TONS CAN Thor lift? about 90 tons or more! How many can cap lift ? not even a ton. Forget the hammer, thor can fly and just lift cap to a hilltop and drop him! But since Cap is like Marvel's version of Supes, they wont let that happen and it'll be a draw! Cap with his sheild against a guy that commands thunder? Even imagine Cap defending against a thunder strike with his shield. A thunder strike? HA HA HA.....TIS IS NO MATCH DUDES............ Thor wins hands down.

Thor against wolverine? He'd send thunder strikes against him for ten strikes! Fry him to bits. Thor can then grab wolverine and fly him to space and hold on to wolvie till he suffercates!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Same for Cap.
Any comments?

K3VIL
Thor is EXCESS Of Class 100 Tons Strenght.He was able to substain the entire Brooklin Bridge, lift the Jormungad Serpent, he can lift million of tons.

lightaxe
Odin has been dead for awhile, what are you talking about.

lightaxe
If anyone has a big @55 hammer and is swinging it around at you its gonna be damn hard to catch even if your an olympic level athelte especially if the guy swinging said hammer is a God who can lift 100 tons. So how is he really gonna grab is when he throws it, seriously if i threw a hammer at a dude i doubt hes catching it even if hes an olympic level athlete. And why would thor be idly holding his hammer in a fight i sure wouldnt. dude your just a fanboy. your making up immpossible situations so captain america can beat a God.

FrothByte
even without mjolnir, thor would pound the living daylights out of capt. thor is faster, overwhelmingly stronger, and has FAR more experience and training than capt.

Fanboy
I remember seeing the first issue of the Avengers where Captain America fought the whole group and kicked there a-- and they could hardly touch them and Captain America said he took on guys bigger then Giant Man it was like watching a nerd beat up a bunch of bullies.

dawsey28
Thor wins ... rather easily, too.

Cap may be a great fighter, but Thor has countless ages of fighting behind him. He's no pushover. And that hammer is magical. (Command of the elements, dimensional portals.)

A better fight would be Thor without his magic hammer or enchanted belt vs Captain America w/ his sheild.

Can Cap even hold Thor's hammer, anyway?

leonidas
i'd say he could certainly lift and hold it - he's noble enough, but thor could kill him without raising a hand - call down a brutal storm, wind, rain, lightning. wouldn't affect thor, but cap, well . . . he'd be screwed without thor touching him. and a hell of a lot MORE screwed if thor decided he WANTED to touch him.

and, even given the fact cap used his shield to seperate thor from his hammer (not inconceivable i don't think) and he DID get it, thor's own hammer isn't necessarily going to ko thor. thousands have been hit by the hammer and not been knocked out. even cap's miracle trump card (getting the hammer) isn't enough to get him a win here.

StrawNilla
Thor might make Captain America beat himself to death seeing as this fight is soooooooooooooooo beneath him.

DrDoom
If Cap was crazy enough to try and grab Thor's hammer mid-flight, then at the very least his arm would get ripped off. Mebbe if he tried when the hammer was returning to Thor, but not when it was thrown at him by a Class 100+ guy.

If Thor went stupid and let Cap get anywhere near his hammer then he'd lose, otherwise thor wins 9/10.

leonheartmm
what is wrong with every1, its been well proven that even superhumans cant lift thor's hammer, only beta ray bill has lifted and used it, thor is probably even more powerful than the surfer, how do u expect him tolose against cap, he can destroy cap's shield if he wants

jinzin
wait...under what circumstances was it when cap actually DID down thor.....?.....cause I know he DID do it.....I just wanna know how...

JWangSDC
So uhh jinzin...you voting for cap?: laugh:

I guess if cap manages to pick up the hammer(which we already know he can) then Thor would lose. BUt uhh yea...I'm gonna go with thor in this fight.

Originally posted by jinzin
wait...under what circumstances was it when cap actually DID down thor.....?.....cause I know he DID do it.....I just wanna know how...

jinzin
you are an idiot.......pure and simple.....I was asking a question not making a statement.........god you're stupid......

seaapple
Ok, if this is a battle of nationalism it makes more sense. A genuine Norwegian deity vs. a character with the name of his country who dresses like a flag.

Maybe Cap takes it.

JWangSDC
LOL and what was I doing? Maybe you shoudl read...I too was ASKING a question

Originally posted by jinzin
you are an idiot.......pure and simple.....I was asking a question not making a statement.........god you're stupid......

ill f8
woah there guys...why all the hate.

Jinzin: It probably doesn't matter what circumstances Cap beat Thor. Anyone can really beat anyone with some clever writing. But I'm with you, I'm curious too. He probably separated Thor from his hammer.

jinzin
no...you were implying....anyone with common sense can see that....
no point in lying about it....

ill f8
I thought wanger was just joking about you voting for Cap, because of how ridiculous the idea is, maybe that's just my take on it.

Anyway is there anyone out there actually voting for Capt A?

jinzin
I'm not voting for cap!
I'm simply asking a question....
and wanger tries to twist my words around in just about every thread I participate in....he's not joking....

dawsey28
Are you guys sure that Cap can hold the hammer? I know he's pure of heart but is he WORTHY of lifting the hammer?

whobdamandog
Of course Cap's going to loose..but he is able to lift the hammer. He did it in an issue of Thor when he was just known as "The Captain" and wearing the black suit. It was a pretty cool battle. Thor and Cap were alone and got attacked by Set's men I think. Thor got swamped by a bunch of Set's Followers and dropped his hammer...and Captain America Picked it up knocked the crap out of a bunch of the baddies..and gave the hammer back to Thor...good issue.

Even if Captain did get the hammer..he really isn't going to be able to use it against Thor. Thor has complete control over it..and he could just summon the hammer to come back to him. But then again...if the Captain did manage to take possession of the hammer..he would retain Thors power/strength for at least "60" seconds...it would be interesting to see what he could do to thor in those 60 seconds..lol..

*note..the post above does not represent a Cap Fanboy..

leonidas
and even if he DID retain his powers he wouldn't necessarily beat thor. people are thinking if he gets the hammer battle over. it COULD happen that way, but it could as easily not.

though whoever said thor could destroy cap's shield if he wants doesn't know much about said shield. is it conceiveable cap wins? yes. thor could be overconfident, some clever writing (you're right jinzin, cap DID put him down at some point but i can't remember where . . .) and anything is possible. in a straight up no gimmick fight though it's an asgardian massacre.

Wickerman
No bashing or anything but this one is completely unbalanced. Placing Thor against Captain America....i mean.....wow....what's next? Jubilee vs. Magneto? What the f**k?

Anyway, yes, i too agree that Cap could lift the Hammer, i think he's noble enough and worthy enough to use it as well. However, there's no need to immediately assume the battle is over once Cap has hold of it. Assuming he doesn't even know how to use it properly, the fight can get messy. Either way, as it's already been stated, Thor's raw power is a lot. And i doubt Cap would be able to even stalemate Thor for so long.

~wickerman~

Lord S
This is a joke. Thor wins easily, even without the hammer.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.