KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Comic Book Forums » Comic Book 'Versus' Forum » Captain America vs. Thor

Captain America vs. Thor
Started by: Wonderman

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (2): [1] 2 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Wonder Man
Most Powerful Avenger

Worried Captain America vs. Thor

This fight must be blocked from view in order to protect the honor of the combatants.
Thor without his godforce of course.
Now I doubt his hammer can crack the Shield but it might come close.
Now if Cap is fast and agile enough like he is is with his shield he can flip and grab the hammer out of its flight, taking possession of both the Hammer and The Shield. bunny

Ion: Sub-Atomic Power

Old Post Dec 30th, 2004 05:25 PM
Wonder Man is online now! Click here to Send Wonder Man a Private Message Find more posts by Wonder Man Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
BobbyD
Animal Lover

M, what you described, IMO, is the only way Caps could get a victory out of this. The chances, however, are verrrrry slim. I say so, because if they never met, Thor would realize (quickly) that he could bludgeon Caps to death with his bare fists, and deflect the shield or catch it himself. Thor is too well rounded to worry about throwing Mojilnor early to get a victory in THIS fight...would be among his final options to part with Mojilnor, IMO. Before that would happen, Caps should be bloody mess.

Old Post Dec 30th, 2004 06:00 PM
BobbyD is currently offline Click here to Send BobbyD a Private Message Find more posts by BobbyD Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
MatchesMalone

What the hell is this? Captain America vs. Thor? Is this a riddle or something? Is there a punch line to a joke that I am missing?

Old Post Dec 30th, 2004 07:14 PM
MatchesMalone is currently offline Click here to Send MatchesMalone a Private Message Find more posts by MatchesMalone Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
lightaxe
axe man numero uno

How can you even compare them.

Old Post Dec 30th, 2004 07:20 PM
lightaxe is currently offline Click here to Send lightaxe a Private Message Find more posts by lightaxe Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Mainstream
lighting the way

Let's review people. Captain America has an over growen frisbee and Thor has a hammer and he is a god. I think Thor would take Cap. Captain America vs Daredevil would have been a more even fight. (sort of.)

Old Post Dec 30th, 2004 08:53 PM
Mainstream is currently offline Click here to Send Mainstream a Private Message Find more posts by Mainstream Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
MatchesMalone

quote:
Originally posted by Mainstream
Let's review people. Captain America has an over growen frisbee and Thor has a hammer and he is a god. I think Thor would take Cap. Captain America vs Daredevil would have been a more even fight. (sort of.)

Captain America vs. Daredevil is definitely a more even fight, by far. Those two are actually in the same class. Even if you teamed those two together, the only chance they have of beating Thor is if they tell Thor they actually think they can hurt him. This will force Thor to laugh hysterically and uncontrollably for hours until he passes out. For some reason, Captain America and Batman fans like to be involved in threads where their hero is humiliated. Fortunately, Daredevil has been spared that fate, as there does not seem to be many fans that start threads that conclude with Daredevil's demise. Well, except for one fan. Don't worry, I won't say any names. Cosmo Kramer.

Old Post Dec 30th, 2004 09:40 PM
MatchesMalone is currently offline Click here to Send MatchesMalone a Private Message Find more posts by MatchesMalone Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
BobbyD
Animal Lover

hahahha Matches strike again!

Sorry Cos.

Old Post Dec 30th, 2004 09:44 PM
BobbyD is currently offline Click here to Send BobbyD a Private Message Find more posts by BobbyD Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
leonheartmm

this is an ediotic fight, and as far as the thing with cap grabbing thor's hammer goes, id say,U HAVE LOST UR MIND, no mortal has enough strength to lift thor's hammer. stupid fight neway.

Old Post Dec 31st, 2004 08:13 AM
leonheartmm is currently offline Find more posts by leonheartmm Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
MERCILOUS
ALWAYS METAL

I don't think it's a matter of strength. If Odin was angry at Thor he just might let Cap lift the hammer, Cap certainly has a noble enough spirit.

BITE ME FANBOY!

Old Post Dec 31st, 2004 11:40 AM
MERCILOUS is currently offline Click here to Send MERCILOUS a Private Message Find more posts by MERCILOUS Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Wonder Man
Most Powerful Avenger

Well you guys are all gods and i'm a man and there's 6 billion of you and you can't take me. So in theroy if Cap. is a man and a perfect one in the physcial sense, it would be Thor facing the limitation.
Lucky men aren't for sale or else Thor might have a real life.
If Thor threw the hammer Cap could get it, trust me. If he held the hammer Cap would take it from him. He has more honor than Thor does. If Thor set the hammer down we'll say he would lose his godhood and cap would finish him.

Ion: Sub-Atomic Power

Old Post Jan 4th, 2005 07:42 PM
Wonder Man is online now! Click here to Send Wonder Man a Private Message Find more posts by Wonder Man Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
MatchesMalone

quote:
Originally posted by Maelstrom
Well you guys are all gods and i'm a man and there's 6 billion of you and you can't take me. So in theroy if Cap. is a man and a perfect one in the physcial sense, it would be Thor facing the limitation.
If Thor threw the hammer Cap could get it, trust me. If he held the hammer Cap would take it from him. He has more honor than Thor does. If Thor set the hammer down we'll say he would lose his godhood and cap would finish him.

Would you mind taking the time to elaborate on those first three sentences? Because, you completely lost me.

Old Post Jan 4th, 2005 10:11 PM
dami wilson

HOW MANY TONS CAN Thor lift? about 90 tons or more! How many can cap lift ? not even a ton. Forget the hammer, thor can fly and just lift cap to a hilltop and drop him! But since Cap is like Marvel's version of Supes, they wont let that happen and it'll be a draw! Cap with his sheild against a guy that commands thunder? Even imagine Cap defending against a thunder strike with his shield. A thunder strike? HA HA HA.....TIS IS NO MATCH DUDES............ Thor wins hands down.

Thor against wolverine? He'd send thunder strikes against him for ten strikes! Fry him to bits. Thor can then grab wolverine and fly him to space and hold on to wolvie till he suffercates!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Same for Cap.
Any comments?

Old Post Jan 5th, 2005 12:47 PM
dami wilson is currently offline Click here to Send dami wilson a Private Message Find more posts by dami wilson Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
K3VIL
Neutral Force

quote:
Originally posted by dami wilson
HOW MANY TONS CAN Thor lift? about 90 tons or more! How many can cap lift ? not even a ton. Forget the hammer, thor can fly and just lift cap to a hilltop and drop him! But since Cap is like Marvel's version of Supes, they wont let that happen and it'll be a draw! Cap with his sheild against a guy that commands thunder? Even imagine Cap defending against a thunder strike with his shield. A thunder strike? HA HA HA.....TIS IS NO MATCH DUDES............ Thor wins hands down.

Thor against wolverine? He'd send thunder strikes against him for ten strikes! Fry him to bits. Thor can then grab wolverine and fly him to space and hold on to wolvie till he suffercates!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Same for Cap.
Any comments?

Thor is EXCESS Of Class 100 Tons Strenght.He was able to substain the entire Brooklin Bridge, lift the Jormungad Serpent, he can lift million of tons.

Old Post Jan 5th, 2005 01:01 PM
K3VIL is currently offline Click here to Send K3VIL a Private Message Find more posts by K3VIL Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
lightaxe
axe man numero uno

quote:
Originally posted by MERCILOUS
I don't think it's a matter of strength. If Odin was angry at Thor he just might let Cap lift the hammer, Cap certainly has a noble enough spirit.

Odin has been dead for awhile, what are you talking about.

Old Post Jan 5th, 2005 08:11 PM
lightaxe is currently offline Click here to Send lightaxe a Private Message Find more posts by lightaxe Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
lightaxe
axe man numero uno

quote:
Originally posted by Maelstrom

If anyone has a big @55 hammer and is swinging it around at you its gonna be damn hard to catch even if your an olympic level athelte especially if the guy swinging said hammer is a God who can lift 100 tons. So how is he really gonna grab is when he throws it, seriously if i threw a hammer at a dude i doubt hes catching it even if hes an olympic level athlete. And why would thor be idly holding his hammer in a fight i sure wouldnt. dude your just a fanboy. your making up immpossible situations so captain america can beat a God.

Old Post Jan 5th, 2005 08:15 PM
FrothByte
Nailcutter Massacre

even without mjolnir, thor would pound the living daylights out of capt. thor is faster, overwhelmingly stronger, and has FAR more experience and training than capt.

Old Post Jan 6th, 2005 06:45 AM
FrothByte is currently offline Click here to Send FrothByte a Private Message Find more posts by FrothByte Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Fanboy

I remember seeing the first issue of the Avengers where Captain America fought the whole group and kicked there a-- and they could hardly touch them and Captain America said he took on guys bigger then Giant Man it was like watching a nerd beat up a bunch of bullies.

Old Post May 18th, 2005 01:13 AM
Fanboy is currently offline Click here to Send Fanboy a Private Message Find more posts by Fanboy Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
dawsey28

Thor wins ... rather easily, too.

Cap may be a great fighter, but Thor has countless ages of fighting behind him. He's no pushover. And that hammer is magical. (Command of the elements, dimensional portals.)

A better fight would be Thor without his magic hammer or enchanted belt vs Captain America w/ his sheild.

Can Cap even hold Thor's hammer, anyway?

Last edited by dawsey28 on May 18th, 2005 at 01:30 AM

Old Post May 18th, 2005 01:24 AM
dawsey28 is currently offline Click here to Send dawsey28 a Private Message Find more posts by dawsey28 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
leonidas
MWHAHAHAHA!

i'd say he could certainly lift and hold it - he's noble enough, but thor could kill him without raising a hand - call down a brutal storm, wind, rain, lightning. wouldn't affect thor, but cap, well . . . he'd be screwed without thor touching him. and a hell of a lot MORE screwed if thor decided he WANTED to touch him.

and, even given the fact cap used his shield to seperate thor from his hammer (not inconceivable i don't think) and he DID get it, thor's own hammer isn't necessarily going to ko thor. thousands have been hit by the hammer and not been knocked out. even cap's miracle trump card (getting the hammer) isn't enough to get him a win here.

Old Post May 18th, 2005 02:30 AM
leonidas is currently offline Click here to Send leonidas a Private Message Find more posts by leonidas Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
StrawNilla

Thor might make Captain America beat himself to death seeing as this fight is soooooooooooooooo beneath him.

Thanks for the sig TWelling4ever, go on, take a bow!

Old Post May 18th, 2005 02:36 AM
StrawNilla is currently offline Click here to Send StrawNilla a Private Message Find more posts by StrawNilla Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote