The Sentry vs Superman

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Mainstream
I don't know much about this Sentry guy but I heard he's tough, tough enough to beat Supes? Help me out guys and girls.

snoopdogg
well he seems to be another Superman ripoff it seems. He can fly has superstrength and he is empowered by solar energy. So I guess it goes back to the Superman has more comic appearaces B.S. so he wins deal.

Mainstream
I know the Sentry suppose to join the new Avengers...he's gonna take Thor spot as the superstrong guy.

srankmissingnin
He has stalemated Galactus.

Mainstream
What the hell? You serious Srank? This dude must be mad strong then..He could take down the Surfer couldn't he? COULDN'T HE?

snoopdogg
Wait a minute here. Sentry is powered by Solar energy much like Superman is. How is it in the Surfer vs Superman thread Superman looses hands down but Sentry can stalemate the big G. I dont get it.

ScarletSpider
Sentry isn't directly powered by the sun. Having drunk his wonderous serum, he has the power of A Million Exploding Suns. The serum gives him great strenght, speed, dominion over light, and puts his molecules in a phaseshift, putting him a second ahead of the rest of reality endowing him with a hyperstate of consciousness with which anything is possible. We've seen very little of him, but so far he's a pretty bad mama jama.

http://www.marveldirectory.com/individuals/s/sentry.htm

snoopdogg
In New Avengers #2 Sentry Flew Carnage into space and ripped his @ss in half. So he is going to be an interesting character to watch.

supremthor
While the full extent of the Sentry's solar-based abilities is unknown, he has demonstrated super-strength, invulnerability, super-speed, the power of flight and the capacity to control light. The Sentry's abilities derive from an experimental serum that creates a phase-shift in his molecules, causing each atom to step an instant ahead of the current timeline. The serum induces a photosynthetic reaction, resulting in a hyperstate of consciousness. In effect, the Sentry's powers are limitless.

in other words superman goes down

K3VIL
Bah, i just can't see how can be fun a hero like that.He's nearly unbeatable, like Supes.Overpowered heroes are not fun.

long pig
here here k3vil...here friggin here.....aeach atom a step ahead of the current timeline????????????? what the hell does that even mean??

Mainstream
I agree with K3VIL..super strong heros aren't as cool..Does the Sentry have any weaknesses?

K3VIL
Not they aren't cool, but when they're too much overpowered how can you have fun, if your hero is unbeatable.I prefer low level heroes like Blade, Noman, USAgent, in those terms.

Mainstream
Spiderman pretty cool tool..He's fast but not too fast, strong but not too strong. I like heros who are underdogs too..like the Xmen fightignt to protect a world that fears them and stuff.

K3VIL
I agree, but anyway, look at heroes like Thor, The Thing, or Wonder Man.
They are heavyweights, strenght, invulnerability(resistance in the Thing case), they are the slugfest heroes, but they are not unbeatable.Yes they are tough as hell but not unbeatable.It's what make me like them, they are someone that you don't want to meet if you're a supercriminal but if you're a sc with sufficient power you have a chance.

Mainstream
I know what your saying man...It's cooler when the villians have some sort of an edge in a fight.

K3VIL
Yes, like when the Wrecking Crew powered by the energy of Photon give the Avengers a run for their money, or when the Thunderbolts faced the Battalion V in Symkaria.

Sentry
Sentry wins

Mainstream
Originally posted by Sentry
Sentry wins

I had a feeling you'd say that.

whirlysplat
Originally posted by long pig
here here k3vil...here friggin here.....aeach atom a step ahead of the current timeline????????????? what the hell does that even mean??

Who the hell knows long pig. Sentry is ridiculousbig grin
and bumping threads in a manic fashion confused weird

snoopdogg
Sentry stalemated Galactus though laughing .......................... sick

kgkg
Sentry's powers can be limitless he wins

He has been said to have power of Exploding stars

Superman had to wait years to become Prime

Avalonofthewind
Originally posted by kgkg
Sentry's powers can be limitless he wins

He has been said to have power of Exploding stars

Superman had to wait years to become Prime

Said, Not proven yet right?

Sentry
Originally posted by Avalonofthewind
Said, Not proven yet right?

Can you disprove it?

No.

Avalonofthewind
Can you disprove it?

No.

Can YOU prove it?

Its a simple question, relax there before u pop a vein over your hero.

Laminator_X
Sentry does have a weakness. He's his own worst enemy.
That, plus the agoraphobia and possably alchoholism, though those are only as Bob Raymond.

As to stalemating Galactus, that would be inconsistant even with his portrayal in his own mini. Spiderman did metion this happenning, but there's no reason to assume that is was under "normal" circumstances. I could coneive of him powering up into some heightenned state of being, perhaps by bathing in the sun, nearly OD-ing on his serum, wielding the Power Gem, or something; and in that super-state holding off a hungry G for a while.

Sentry
Can YOU prove it?

Its a simple question, relax there before u pop a vein over your hero.

Spiderman said it. He's not a liar like Exiles Hyperion. It's canon. stick out tongue

snoopdogg
Spiderman said it. He's not a liar like Exiles Hyperion. It's canon. stick out tongue None of those stories are in continuity. Happy Dance

Sentry
Sentry's story is in the marvel universe continuity. Exiles isn't. It happened, but the watchtower erased everyone's memory. They just forgot it all happened.

dance

Sentry
Doesn't matter Sentry will squash current Supes.

band dance

Here lies Superman.

trumpet rip

Dancing on his grave.

DigiMark007
I would agree that many overpowered heroes aren't cool, but I have a strange fascination with Sentry at the moment....that might change if I read some of his stuff though.

The Doctor is another similarly overpowered character that I love, so I guess they can be cool sometimes.

Spidey's the best at this though. He's technically low-to-mid-level but can hang with some big guns (see the recent SM/Thing thread as an example). Without being overpowered he can engage in some sweet matchups and have them be believable (except the Firelord one...even I admit that was crap).

-DM

jrodslam
Sentry is coming out with his own min-series in sept. Hopefully, they will explain or showcase his powers more.

Sentry
His powers will be defined in the New Avengers story arc 7 through 9

kgkg
Originally posted by jrodslam
Sentry is coming out with his own min-series in sept. Hopefully, they will explain or showcase his powers more.
Yes I would like to see what he is cable of , rite now am talking people words for it like spiderman etc. They are not liars , and his limitless powers can back anything up.

I bought H of M to see if he was going to do something; he was in the background and did nothing sad

Laminator_X
He actually gets some pagetime in House of M # 2

SOPILER

Bob is seeing a psychiatrist (whom we also know) about recurring hallucinations of a horrifying wall of black rising up and overtaking him, but when he looks back it's gone.

Avalonofthewind
I highly doubt Sentry has 'limitless' power..

If that were true..then nobody could beat...

The 'invincible' Ironman

and Supes would win because he is only weak to 'magic' and 'kryptonite'

kgkg
I highly doubt Sentry has 'limitless' power..

If that were true..then nobody could beat...

The 'invincible' Ironman

and Supes would win because he is only weak to 'magic' and 'kryptonite'
Limitless' power doesn't mean you could beat anyone

Cubes have limitless power, but they get owned by Celestial who powers are even greater than Cubes limitless power.

But a hero with limitless power is just too much in my opinion.

and Sentry doesn't have limitless power , but he can...

whirlysplat
Limitless' power doesn't mean you could beat anyone

Cubes have limitless power, but they get owned by Celestial who powers are even greater than Cubes limitless power.

But a hero with limitless power is just too much in my opinion.

and Sentry doesn't have limitless power , but he can...

If its limitless you can't have more than it. limitless = 1 is simply stupid.

Its like is there a number bigger than infinity on Ali Gi? its impossible, if something is limitless you can't haave more than it big grin

whirlysplat
Doesn't matter Sentry will squash current Supes.

band dance

Here lies Superman.

trumpet rip

Dancing on his grave.

this post is about as pleasant and sane as the one in this thread where I am turned into Lucifer the Lord of Lies

http://www.killermovies.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&postid=4242211#post4242211

Loony big grin

Arahan

kgkg
Originally posted by snoopdogg
Wait a minute here. Sentry is powered by Solar energy much like Superman is. How is it in the Surfer vs Superman thread Superman looses hands down but Sentry can stalemate the big G. I dont get it.
Well a possible explanation of this can be

Sentry powers can be limitless to give Big G some problem.

I heard of thing like power of many exploding stars etc.

Even defeating/stalemating a weak Galactus it's a big deal(if G was weak).

Surfer is not even 0.1% of G’s Full power

If indeed Marvel keep Sentry current status, he will kill all super heroes, Other than the Keeper smile

whirlysplat
Well a possible explanation of this can be

Sentry powers can be limitless to give Big G some problem.

I heard of thing like power of many exploding stars etc.

Even defeating/stalemating a weak Galactus it's a big deal(if G was weak).

Surfer is not even 0.1% of G’s Full power

If indeed Marvel keep Sentry current status, he will kill all super heroes, Other than the Keeper smile

and all supervillians, its obviously not the case otherwise it gets stupid big grin

DrDoom
Isn't some uber ninja supposed to hand him his ass at the end of his New Avengers arc? If so, his power isn't limitless--tho I think he's gonna stomp some major MU chars before he goes down.

I'm guessing he stalemated a weakened Galactus...and that is still a very impressive feat.

whirlysplat
Originally posted by DrDoom
Isn't some uber ninja supposed to hand him his ass at the end of his New Avengers arc? If so, his power isn't limitless--tho I think he's gonna stomp some major MU chars before he goes down.

I'm guessing he stalemated a weakened Galactus...and that is still a very impressive feat.

Very true and if Sentry the guy on the forum stuck to that realised Thor had driven a weak Galactus away etc, it would be fine smile

Sentry
Powers of Dr. Strange and Fighting skills of Black Panther? More or less he would own Supes.

Magic = Superman's other weakness

WAF3001
Sentry would kill that Supes guy. He is a convicted fellen(sp?)

DrDoom
Powers of Dr. Strange and Fighting skills of Black Panther? More or less he would own Supes.

Magic = Superman's other weakness

Which flavor is it this time Sent? Grape or fruit punch? We all know that you loves yourself some Haterade.

Noone said the guy wouldn't take Supes...obviously he would. Then again, noone has said that current Superman's powers are limitless have they?

Freaky Zeeky

ZephroCarnelian
Which flavor is it this time Sent? Grape or fruit punch? We all know that you loves yourself some Haterade.

laughing

jrodslam

laughing laughing laughing laughing laughing

I love that quote. Should go in the bass-ass quates thread. laughing

WAF3001
what's with all this nonsense posting???

Sentry
Then again, noone has said that current Superman's powers are limitless have they?

Because Supes has limits. smile

Oh by the way I didn't say Sentry had limitless power. It's a quote from his 5 part mini series. If you actually read his comics, you'd know that. It's obvious you didn't read it. reading

OLD PROFESSOR GUY SAYS:

Originally posted by WAF3001
what's with all this nonsense posting???

I have no idea. I post things only related to the thread. Some people just like bashing other members.nono

Sentry
Some people just like bashing other members.nono

You guys know who you are...

GalacticStorm
Awww whats with all the sudden sentry bashing. He's cool. Leave him alone people sad

Sentry
Everything I say about Sentry comes from his comics. Some people lack the mental capacity to understand that.

WAF3001
Superman could never kill a fellow hero, but a guy straight out of prison may be able to.......

JediMasterLuke5
Um Sentry, never heard of him. Than man of steel cannot be beaten unless youre silver surfer becuz he can wipe out the sun, I believe.

WAF3001
The Sentry is marvel's Superman!

JediMasterLuke5
But DCs Superman is the Greatest of all heroes.

WAF3001
p'shaw!

Sentry
I like this slaughter especially.

jrodslam
I like this slaughter especially.

Lol. Not likely Ol'Buddy.

Sentry

Oh by the way I didn't say Sentry had limitless power. It's a quote from his 5 part mini series. If you actually read his comics, you'd know that. It's obvious you didn't read it. reading

OLD PROFESSOR GUY SAYS:

I have no idea. I post things only related to the thread. Some people just like bashing other members.nono

Everything I say about Sentry comes from his comics. Some people lack the mental capacity to understand that.

whirlysplat

Noone said the guy wouldn't take Supes...obviously he would. Then again, noone has said that current Superman's powers are limitless have they?

Classic and no GS he is not cool, his constant thread posting is spamming up the board, count how many threads started by Sentry and then see how many are new that day. big grin Madness big grin

Keep the faith

Stay Whirly rock

DrDoom

Read it? I OWN it. I was saying that unlike Sentry's book, noone has said current Supes has unlimited power.

I said "Then again, noone has said that current Superman's powers are limitless have they? " How you got "Sentry, only you have said his power is limitless" out of that I don't know.

I guess you're just paranoid or somethin'.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.