KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Comic Book Forums » Comic Book 'Versus' Forum » The Sentry vs Superman

The Sentry vs Superman
Started by: Mainstream

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (4): [1] 2 3 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Mainstream
lighting the way

The Sentry vs Superman

I don't know much about this Sentry guy but I heard he's tough, tough enough to beat Supes? Help me out guys and girls.

Old Post Jan 6th, 2005 05:43 PM
Mainstream is currently offline Click here to Send Mainstream a Private Message Find more posts by Mainstream Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
snoopdogg
Big Pimpin

well he seems to be another Superman ripoff it seems. He can fly has superstrength and he is empowered by solar energy. So I guess it goes back to the Superman has more comic appearaces B.S. so he wins deal.

"I am not afraid of the dark the dark's afraid of me"

Old Post Jan 6th, 2005 05:47 PM
snoopdogg is currently offline Click here to Send snoopdogg a Private Message Find more posts by snoopdogg Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Mainstream
lighting the way

I know the Sentry suppose to join the new Avengers...he's gonna take Thor spot as the superstrong guy.

Old Post Jan 6th, 2005 05:52 PM
Mainstream is currently offline Click here to Send Mainstream a Private Message Find more posts by Mainstream Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
srankmissingnin
VP of Comic Knowledge

He has stalemated Galactus.

Play League of Legends for free and reference me - GentlemanZombie - when you join

Old Post Jan 6th, 2005 05:57 PM
srankmissingnin is currently offline Click here to Send srankmissingnin a Private Message Find more posts by srankmissingnin Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Mainstream
lighting the way

What the hell? You serious Srank? This dude must be mad strong then..He could take down the Surfer couldn't he? COULDN'T HE?

Old Post Jan 6th, 2005 05:59 PM
snoopdogg
Big Pimpin

Wait a minute here. Sentry is powered by Solar energy much like Superman is. How is it in the Surfer vs Superman thread Superman looses hands down but Sentry can stalemate the big G. I dont get it.

Old Post Jan 7th, 2005 02:01 AM
snoopdogg is currently offline Click here to Send snoopdogg a Private Message Find more posts by snoopdogg Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
ScarletSpider
Ben Reilly

Sentry isn't directly powered by the sun. Having drunk his wonderous serum, he has the power of A Million Exploding Suns. The serum gives him great strenght, speed, dominion over light, and puts his molecules in a phaseshift, putting him a second ahead of the rest of reality endowing him with a hyperstate of consciousness with which anything is possible. We've seen very little of him, but so far he's a pretty bad mama jama.

http://www.marveldirectory.com/individuals/s/sentry.htm

Old Post Jan 7th, 2005 02:32 AM
ScarletSpider is currently offline Click here to Send ScarletSpider a Private Message Find more posts by ScarletSpider Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
snoopdogg
Big Pimpin

In New Avengers #2 Sentry Flew Carnage into space and ripped his @ss in half. So he is going to be an interesting character to watch.

Old Post Jan 7th, 2005 02:50 AM
supremthor

While the full extent of the Sentry's solar-based abilities is unknown, he has demonstrated super-strength, invulnerability, super-speed, the power of flight and the capacity to control light. The Sentry's abilities derive from an experimental serum that creates a phase-shift in his molecules, causing each atom to step an instant ahead of the current timeline. The serum induces a photosynthetic reaction, resulting in a hyperstate of consciousness. In effect, the Sentry's powers are limitless.

in other words superman goes down

Old Post Jan 7th, 2005 03:17 AM
supremthor is currently offline Click here to Send supremthor a Private Message Find more posts by supremthor Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
K3VIL
Neutral Force

Bah, i just can't see how can be fun a hero like that.He's nearly unbeatable, like Supes.Overpowered heroes are not fun.

Old Post Jan 7th, 2005 12:04 PM
K3VIL is currently offline Click here to Send K3VIL a Private Message Find more posts by K3VIL Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
long pig
Restricted

Account Restricted

here here k3vil...here friggin here.....aeach atom a step ahead of the current timeline????????????? what the hell does that even mean??

Supa-Mayne!

Old Post Jan 7th, 2005 12:12 PM
long pig is currently offline Click here to Send long pig a Private Message Find more posts by long pig Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Mainstream
lighting the way

I agree with K3VIL..super strong heros aren't as cool..Does the Sentry have any weaknesses?

Old Post Jan 7th, 2005 02:47 PM
K3VIL
Neutral Force

Not they aren't cool, but when they're too much overpowered how can you have fun, if your hero is unbeatable.I prefer low level heroes like Blade, Noman, USAgent, in those terms.

Old Post Jan 7th, 2005 02:56 PM
K3VIL is currently offline Click here to Send K3VIL a Private Message Find more posts by K3VIL Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Mainstream
lighting the way

Spiderman pretty cool tool..He's fast but not too fast, strong but not too strong. I like heros who are underdogs too..like the Xmen fightignt to protect a world that fears them and stuff.

Old Post Jan 7th, 2005 02:58 PM
K3VIL
Neutral Force

I agree, but anyway, look at heroes like Thor, The Thing, or Wonder Man.
They are heavyweights, strenght, invulnerability(resistance in the Thing case), they are the slugfest heroes, but they are not unbeatable.Yes they are tough as hell but not unbeatable.It's what make me like them, they are someone that you don't want to meet if you're a supercriminal but if you're a sc with sufficient power you have a chance.

Old Post Jan 7th, 2005 03:48 PM
Mainstream
lighting the way

I know what your saying man...It's cooler when the villians have some sort of an edge in a fight.

Old Post Jan 7th, 2005 03:50 PM
K3VIL
Neutral Force

Yes, like when the Wrecking Crew powered by the energy of Photon give the Avengers a run for their money, or when the Thunderbolts faced the Battalion V in Symkaria.

Old Post Jan 7th, 2005 08:43 PM
Adam Warlock
Adam is with Team Magik

Sentry wins

Old Post Jun 27th, 2005 10:14 PM
Adam Warlock is currently offline Click here to Send Adam Warlock a Private Message Find more posts by Adam Warlock Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Mainstream
lighting the way

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Sentry
Sentry wins

I had a feeling you'd say that.

Old Post Jun 27th, 2005 10:15 PM
Sir Whirlysplat
Restricted

Account Restricted

quote: (post)
Originally posted by long pig
here here k3vil...here friggin here.....aeach atom a step ahead of the current timeline????????????? what the hell does that even mean??

Who the hell knows long pig. Sentry is ridiculousbig grin
and bumping threads in a manic fashion confused weird

herd behavior is a comical thing - Thanks Silver Spider

Old Post Jun 27th, 2005 10:16 PM
Sir Whirlysplat is currently offline Click here to Send Sir Whirlysplat a Private Message Find more posts by Sir Whirlysplat Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote