Going to cinema tomorow, what should i see?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

ChickinMeat
Im planning on going to the cinema tomorow maybe (yeah i know, by myself, what a loser), but i cant decide what to watch.
Its between Hitch, Be Cool or Constantine.

http://www.movie.net.nz/c4.php

What do you guys reckon i should see?

I posted here because as i know the replys will be faster here.

if anyone replies...

Myth
SIN CITY!

SIN CITY! SIN CITY! SIN CITY!

SIN CITY! SIN CITY! SIN CITY! SIN CITY! SIN CITY! SIN CITY! SIN CITY! SIN CITY! SIN CITY!
SIN CITY! SIN CITY! SIN CITY! SIN CITY! SIN CITY! SIN CITY! SIN CITY! SIN CITY! SIN CITY!

Get the hint? Those other movies are crap compared to Sin City.

ChickinMeat
Its not out here in NZ, well not at the cinema ill be near tomorow

the link in first post shows what films are on

Dr. Strangelove
Avaitor.

Klogz
It does? LMAO!!! I NEVER keep track of the movies!! Things just take WAAY too much time to come out in NZ

ChickinMeat
Originally posted by Dr. Strangelove
Avaitor.

edited,

ill look into it

justjakk
we think you should wait til Sin City comes out at your local cinema and go see it.

ChickinMeat
man, what is so good about this movie anyway? not as a dig at the film but as a question, i hear the name everywhere but i dont know anything about it.

all i know is its a film starring bruce willis

Klogz
I think it's partially black and white aswell. I'm going to watch it because it features Jessica Alba as a stripper. Dang that's hot.

ChickinMeat
really? just from hearing that the movie is sold!

justjakk
its a film based on a comic book created by Frank Miller. FM is the dude who origianlly did Daredevil and made the book famous for being the first to have a main cast character be killed by the bad guy. he changed the way people look at comic books. when he first started the Sin City world, people started in on the new hit. this thing tore everything that was out there. this movie is a dream come true to many of his fans. it has everything that you want in a movie. comedy, tragedy, horror, suspence, poetry. it touches so many levels.

ChickinMeat
sweet, your low down on it and the fact jessica alba is a stripper, have given me good hopes for it!

the sad thing is i havnt a clue when its released here in NZ. ill keep my eye out!

BlackC@t
I live in NZ too! eek!

It sucks, it takes ages for movies to come out here.

Wolflet
see them all shifty

Klogz
May 12!!!

ChickinMeat
damn, thats god damn ages

i might not even be in the country by then, hmmm, but then i can see it at my destination, score!

Klogz
UK will probably get it after us. They're getting the firefly movie after us.

ChickinMeat
damn!!! thats where im going!!!

maybe its my destiny that i do not see this movie

BlackC@t
I kind of want to see White Noise.

I love horrors, nothing scares me.

Except ghost movies! They totally freak me out! fear

justjakk
oh man, i feel for ya. this is just a wiked cool movie. the movie is based on three books brought out by FM. the big fat kill, that yellow bastard, and a sad farewell.

to give you a glipse at the story:

In a sad farewell, a common street thug turned good (Marv) has met this totally hot babe (Goldie) and falls for her. they are in the hotel room and she has disrobed. the monologue is Marv talking about this beautyful female.

"She said her name was Goldie. She smelled like angels aught to smell"

they fall asleep and from the door, you see a sillouette figure looking in. when Marv wakes, Goldie is dead and syrens can be heard from outside.

"It must have been a setup by a really good assasin."

a knock at the door from police....."come out with your hands up!"

Marv turns with his back to the door, puffs on a cigarette..

"Give me a minute"

from the outside of the room, police surround the door only to be knocked out of the way by this Hulk-like man. he hops over the guard rail and falls to the lower rooms.

"I'll find who did this to ya Goldie, i promise. And when i do, hell will be better than what i do to him."

ChickinMeat
that sounds sweet, i guess i should look into it more!

EDIT: hmmm, constantine is winning on the poll

justjakk
all three stories comee together at the end. it is great to see. there is alot of great filmwork done here. it is almost like a movie in a comic book. you just want to turn the page to see whats next.

ChickinMeat
is it out where you are?

justjakk
just saw it a couple days ago.

i will be going to see it again friday

when it comes out on dvd i have to get a copy

ChickinMeat
Sweet, well, ill have to try and catch a viewing when im back in the UK!

ChickinMeat
constantine is still winning, looks like ill have to see that one! stick out tongue

Spooony
here's my view, go out and instead of going to hte cinema go buy a projecter and all the stuff needed to enhance it and that sort of shit.. then buy Battle Royale on DVD.... there you go you have the best film and you have the home cinema to watch it in...

Myth
Originally posted by ChickinMeat
Im planning on going to the cinema tomorow maybe (yeah i know, by myself, what a loser), but i cant decide what to watch.
Its between Hitch, Be Cool or Constantine.

http://www.movie.net.nz/c4.php

What do you guys reckon i should see?

I posted here because as i know the replys will be faster here.

if anyone replies...

In that case, I would bet on Constantine. Haven't seen Be Cool but I hear it isn't so great. Hitch is funny and great if is a date. But Constantine is the best of the 3 (assumingly)

Storm
Constantine.

ChickinMeat
Originally posted by Spooony
here's my view, go out and instead of going to hte cinema go buy a projecter and all the stuff needed to enhance it and that sort of shit.. then buy Battle Royale on DVD.... there you go you have the best film and you have the home cinema to watch it in...

I wish i could afford that!

And it appears constantine is still winning, im not going today now probably tomorow, so i guess that gives a little bit of time for things to change, maybe

Spooony
Originally posted by ChickinMeat
I wish i could afford that!

me too, me too

SlipknoT
Sin City, Best movie in a while

JToTheP
Depends what you wanna see, if you wanna be horrified/see an awesome movie at the same time: Sin City.

Hitch was f***in hilarious, and I have to see Be Cool.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.