Thor vs. Beta Ray Bill

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Wonderman
rock raver Alright I know some Thor fans may be disappointed, but Beta Ray Bill is supposed to be Thor's equal. Almost like a clone or an alternate Thor.

Wynndar
I think Thor is sposed to be better by definition...however, reading Stormbreaker, Beta Ray has been impressing me more than Thor lately.

Zahit
they fought for mjolnir. beta ray bill won.
he's basically thor's equal, but more determined, vicious, stronger-willed.

Linkalicious
I don't know if you can get much stronger willed than Thor.

Though, I've always liked old horse face better...

Zahit
i always liked bill too.
the entire story of him meeting thor is awesome.
and yes, he is more driven than thor.
that's why he beat him in hand to hand combat for mjolnir.
you should see what bill does to stardust in the recent issue.

the Darkone
beta ray will is not stronger than but he more visicous than thor. And thor did defeat him later on when he went crazy with the warrior madness.

Zahit
i didn't read that one.
what issue of what book?

Linkalicious
I have that issue.

Beta Ray Bill was damn near dead. I think that same story arc had Thor beating the living daylights out of Silver Surfer as well.

It had something to do with Thunder in the mini-title.

Zahit
Thor should not be able to "beat the living daylights" out of surfer.
He would give him a great fight though...

When Thor and Bill met, they fought hand-to-hand for mjolnir and Thor lost.
And Bill's recent showing against a herald of Galactus was EXTREMELY impressive.

the Darkone
thor 460-462 warrior madness. he took on odin that's how crazy he got.

Zahit
i get warrior madness when people don't use their goddamn turn-signals...

Linkalicious
It was while he had "warrior madness" and Silver Surfer wasn't looking to fight him, he was looking to help him out.

Some of that series poured over into Silver Surfer comics. Surfer went to Dr. Strange to get help curing Thor.

K Von Doom
Thor had the power gem during the "Warrior Madness" storyline, he beat on Surfer and Bill, not together though. But both were trying to help him out and they didn't want to have to resort to violence.

Didn't Bill beat Thor before Stormbreaker (and his powers) were given to him by Odin?

Maestro
The arc is called Blood & Thunder by the way.

Surfer does go full out, but gets battered and gets saved by adam warlock at the last second.
That is the same arc when thanos took on Odin.

Jason8200
Beta Ray beat up Thor when he accidentally tapped Drake's cane and it transformed into Mjolnir because it found him worthy. Then Odin transported him to Asgard. He had Beta Ray and Thor fight to see who would get to keep Mjolnir. Beta Ray won. But he felt bad because Mjolnir was meant to be Thors. So Odin made Stormbreaker for him. Then Beta Ray had to save Thor a couple of times... once against the Midgard Serpent.
Ide say Beta Ray would win.

cpd12589
Beta Ray Bill won a hand to hand fight but Thor won the real all out fight...

Batman-Prime
50-50 I like both and they seem pretty even. Sure Thors got better feats 'cause he is more popular.

Rage.Of.Olympus
Thor wins.

Slaanesh
Thor 6/10..they are about equals..

Damborgson
At his best Beta Ray is equal to Thor. At Thor's best he surpasses Beta Ray. - JakeTheBank

JakeTheBank
Originally posted by Damborgson
At his best Beta Ray is equal to Thor. At Thor's best he surpasses Beta Ray. - JakeTheBank

This guy sounds like a genius.

h1a8
I go with Bill. He beat him to earn Mjolnir the first time. I say he beats him again.

Silent Master
Originally posted by h1a8
I go with Bill. He beat him to earn Mjolnir the first time. I say he beats him again.

It was a double ko, Bill just woke up first.

-Pr-
Thor; just plain superior in general imo.

JakeTheBank
At absolute best case scenario for Bill, Bill and Thor would wind up as a draw. He wouldn't outright beat Thor again anytime soon.

Originally posted by -Pr-
Thor; just plain superior in general imo.

thumb up

Magnon
Beta Ray Bill for a slight majority.

Ra's Al Wang
Bill says Nay and Nay again, because he is a space horse!

vince_slice
Bill got beatdown by Surfer whereas Thor recently stalemated Surfer. Thor should be superior.

h1a8
Originally posted by vince_slice
Bill got beatdown by Surfer whereas Thor recently stalemated Surfer. Thor should be superior.

Yet Bill beatdown Thor in their first match. ABC logic is beneath you. Come on son.

Silent Master
Yet Bill beatdown Thor in their first match. ABC logic is beneath you. Come on son.

Stop lying.

JakeTheBank
And Thor's been shown to be superior to Bill since then.

Seriously, I don't know how you, or anyone else, can actually argue for Bill beating Thor outright when the comics support, at best, Bill being equal to Thor.

This really shouldn't devolve into a feat war, but c'mon.

Damborgson
Yet Bill beatdown Thor in their first match. ABC logic is beneath you. Come on son. well thays a blatant lie. BRB has never "beaten down" Thor. Thor had brb on the ropes in round 1 until he turned back to blake. A weakness that is no longer applicable.

kgkg
50-50.

country1000
well thays a blatant lie. BRB has never "beaten down" Thor. Thor had brb on the ropes in round 1 until he turned back to blake. A weakness that is no longer applicable. Thor NEVER had bill on the ropes. Bill was standing moving towards thor before thor changed. When thor and bill fought for thors hammer without weapons, it was a draw with bill waking up first and could have killed thor if he wanted to.

leonidas
Originally posted by country1000
Thor NEVER had bill on the ropes. Bill was standing moving towards thor before thor changed. When thor and bill fought for thors hammer without weapons, it was a draw with bill waking up first and could have killed thor if he wanted to.

best we can say is that bill=thor in straight h2h. thor has clearly shown to be superior with his hammer. bill also had the added benefit of being able to fight thor in an environment that suited more than it did thor. would he have woken up first had the fight taken place elsewhere? impossible to say.

Damborgson
Originally posted by country1000
Thor NEVER had bill on the ropes. Bill was standing moving towards thor before thor changed. When thor and bill fought for thors hammer without weapons, it was a draw with bill waking up first and could have killed thor if he wanted to. Yes because he got up after Thor began to knock him around. Would it have continued had he not turned to Blake? Hard to say. The fight wasn't in Bill's favor though at the end, I think that much at least is reasonable.

Originally posted by leonidas
best we can say is that bill=thor in straight h2h. thor has clearly shown to be superior with his hammer. bill also had the added benefit of being able to fight thor in an environment that suited more than it did thor. would he have woken up first had the fight taken place elsewhere? impossible to say. thumb up

Doon

Indeed.

the Darkone
Thor, when they fought the second time Odin send them to environment that would give BRB a chance that alone should tells us that Thor on a straight even neutral field would have beaten BRB, I like both but Thor is superior if he wants cut lose on BRB it wont look good for him, but BRB will give him hell though. I mean damn erm , this is what you call close.

gogogadgetgo
Bill got owned by the scrull thingy while Thor beat it down
Bill got owned by the surfer while Thor drawed
Bill is a horse while Thor rides horses
Bill has an alien penis and is hung like a horse, Thor is just a large asgardian male... BILL WINS!!! Think of what he'd do with the ladies...damn, make em worthless for the rest of us.

PillarofOsiris
Thor has one shot BRB before, AFTER BRB got a glorified sucker punch off on Thor. Thor wins. Also, when Bill beat Thor the first time, the 60 second curse played a role in the win (which no longer exists). The second time, they basically had a draw (they were both down and out, but Bill recovered first) when Thor (and admittedly Bill as well) didn't have their hammers. AND the environment was handpicked by Odin to make a win for BRB. Ever since then, Thor has been shown to be absolutely superior to Bill.

OneDumbG0
Stalemate 5/10.

Thor and Beta Ray Bill are equals moreso than some are willing to give Beta Ray Bill credit for.

Slaanesh
Originally posted by gogogadgetgo
Bill got owned by the scrull thingy while Thor beat it down

that was OF Thor and he didn't beat it down..he wasn't fighting alone too..

bustersword
Using Silver Surfer as a comparison for BRB and Thor
Both showings show the most recent fights BRB and Thor have had with Silver Surfer (Silver Surfer Being at the same power level for both fights). Thor and SS are equal in their fight both getting hits and no one getting a real advantage. BRB gets a beat down by SS in their fight. Thor also shows he takes the board in the back trick better than BRB.

Conclusion: At the moment Thor is in a different class to Beta Ray Bill and would beat him. Thor=Silver Surfer > Beta Ray Bill

Both fights in this forum:

comicvine.com/forums/battles-7/thor-vs-beta-ray-bill-5052/?page=2

quanchi112
Originally posted by OneDumbG0
Stalemate 5/10.

Thor and Beta Ray Bill are equals moreso than some are willing to give Beta Ray Bill credit for. Nope.

celeyhyga17
Thor

-Pr-
Thor will always be a notch above bill imo.

celeyhyga17
Thor will always be a notch above bill imo.
Based on?

Prove it.

-Pr-
My opinion.

No.

celeyhyga17
My opinion.

No.
I agree.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.