Punisher vs. Daredevil

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Kontraz
who wins?

Metalmanx
Close match. Too close.

I say...a drawl. DD would be able to dodge pretty much everything, but Punisher would not let himself get beat either. Both possess great martial art skills as well. It would be very close.

I'm sticking with draw.

leonidas
i'm thinking DD SHOULD win. his heigthened sense would give him an advantage. problem is, i think he'd have to get really dirty to do it - fight like wolverine would fight. not sure DD has that in him. this is aclose one, but since i cannot STAND punisher, i'll go with DD.

Cosmic Cube
DD.

Zahit
These two have gone at it before. Daredevil kicked his ass.
Punisher cannot keep up hand-to-hand with Daredevil.

wolverine8888
DD

MatchesMalone
Originally posted by Zahit
These two have gone at it before. Daredevil kicked his ass.
Punisher cannot keep up hand-to-hand with Daredevil.

Obviously, Punisher doesn't stand a chance with Daredevil in a hand-to-hand fight. But, this isn't unarmed combat.

Zahit, if Punisher was spraying bullets with various sidearms with the intent to kill, don't you think the odds are a little bit more in favor of Frank?

srankmissingnin
It depends on which verison of Frank. There was a while when he was extremely agile and could keep up with Spider-man and DD in that area, now he is like a marine with a huge damage soak.

Bobafetty
Punisher vs. Daredevil. Who would win?

sneeky_ninja
hands down punisher. Frank castle can kick daredevils little A$$ all up and down the street. all he needs to do is pull out his handdy danddy colt 1911 dualies and shoot the frack out of daredevil.

mr.smiley
I disagree.
Imo,daredevil takes it.

http://www.manwithoutfear.com/pics/z5/ddpunisher2full.jpg

leonidas
this battle has happened many times in books. dd kicks his ass every time.

Darth Trinew
Why cant Punisher stand 5 feet away from DD and shoot him

mr.smiley
LOL!!!!!!!!!!
well with the super senses and agility it would be pretty hard.

black robb
Originally posted by mr.smiley
LOL!!!!!!!!!!
well with the super senses and agility it would be pretty hard. do you mean super agility or just regular agility cuz if you mean super you are so wrong

black robb
if Punisher is such a good marksman he should be able to kill Daredevil in a straight up fight

leonidas
maybe. but he never does. dd really has beat him down a couple times.

jrodslam
DD all the way. He does own Puni though.

MERCILOUS
Punisher has been shown to go out of his way not to kill DD even when in direct conflict with him. I'm not sure who takes it myself but I think those of you who are arguing DD are seriously underestimating Frank.

Wickerman
k, well, ignoring previous battles, let's look at it this way:

Daredevil:

1. mutagenically heightened senses
2. martial arts fighting skills
3. Daredevil's five sense are heightened to beyond that of even superhumanly enhanced sense. Although Murdock is blind, he can "see" by means of his "radar sense", which acts not unlike sonar. Daredevil is an Olympic level athlete and gymnast, possessing extraordinary agility, endurance, skill and balance. Daredevil's unique fighting style (a blend of ninjitsu, judo and American-style boxing) makes effective use of his Billy Club, which is used as both a baton and grappling hook.

Punisher:

The Punisher is a thoroughly seasoned combat veteran of exceptional skills. A former U.S. Marine Captain with a distinguished combat record who has undergone SEAL (Sea Air Land) training, UDT (Underwater Demolition Team) training, and LRPA (Long Range Patrol) training, Frank Castle is well versed in the arts of warfare and hand-to-hand combat.

Sounds a bit one-sided to me, the balance edging towards DD. What you have to remember though, is that Castle is still ONLY human while DD is above (enhanced senses, radar sense).

~wickerman~

MERCILOUS
How nice of you to completley omit a huge frikkin' arsenal on Franks part of the pros.

Wickerman
Originally posted by MERCILOUS
How nice of you to completley omit a huge frikkin' arsenal on Franks part of the pros.

laughing

Very very true. my bad, and i take the blame. But even with the arsenal i'd give the fight a 5/5 at BEST for frankie. And yeah, i do KNOW the importance arsenal plays in this (i mean look at batman "Where does he get all those wonderful toys?" stick out tongue ).

I wish we saw a new cool tv show based on the punisher. Give him a bit more credit among the fans. I mean come on......Cap. America takin all the credit for Humanity's greatest hero? What about Humanity's greatest anti-hero? big grin

~wickerman~

MERCILOUS
Yeah, I'm actually still on the fence myself, I just thought it was an injustice all these people saying DD would win with ease and all.

Wickerman
IMHO, it SHOULD be like this:

punisher>spiderman
spiderman>DD
therefore, punisher>DD

of course, i'm now waiting for fanboys to find out my home address and beat me into a bloody pulp till i "confess" that spidy owns everyone stick out tongue

~wickerman~

BENITO
Daredevil

nimbus006
look i aint no Spidey fanboy, but Punisher> Spiderman i mean thats taking it little bit to far.

who?-kid
DD should win, because he is the better fighter and he has his super senses.

But Punisher is cunning and is in most cases the underdog, the one who everybody underestimates. When written right, Punisher is not some gun crazy freak who fights like a retarded Rambo, but a very clever fighter who is not to be underestimated.

DD takes this, but it will be close.

(PS mano a mano, no weapons, DD eats Punisher).

Wickerman
Originally posted by nimbus006
look i aint no Spidey fanboy, but Punisher> Spiderman i mean thats taking it little bit to far.

One time i saw punisher take spidey was when they first met in the tv series. Spidey was unprepared and the punisher had the upper hand. Also, in the same episode, i was left in awe, jaw to the ground at the way he got his guns. The van was parked in front of the building, and inside was some sort of catapult like mechanism. He said the coordinates, wind speed and angle and blammo, instant gun ........i was like "OMFG........"

~wickerman~

nimbus006
Your right Punisher is a gangster, but Spidey has a Spider Sense which allows him to know when Punisher is going to fire at him, on top of that he can dodge bullets (somewhat) all he has to do is web Punsihers guns off his hands then beat him down... not saynig it will be easy ,but Spiderman is far superior to Punisher

Wickerman
Originally posted by nimbus006
Your right Punisher is a gangster, but Spidey has a Spider Sense which allows him to know when Punisher is going to fire at him, on top of that he can dodge bullets (somewhat) all he has to do is web Punsihers guns off his hands then beat him down... not saynig it will be easy ,but Spiderman is far superior to Punisher

I'm not entirely sure if i remember correctly but i think in the same episode that i mentioned earlier the Punisher uses some sort of web of his own (shot from a gun duh) that Spidey can't evade. He gets stuck in it and has to use his full force to break free. During this time, the Punisher has the crosshair of one of his guns on Spidey's head, but starts with that speech sh8t about masked heroes/villains bla bla bla....

sad

I hate it when they do that.....

~wickerman~

Cosmo Kramer
Punisher has gotten beat up by as little as four men without guns while DareDevil has been known to take out hundreds and still fight off the pain to take on the likes of Electra, Bullseye, and Kingpin. He has beaten Spiderman and destroyed Punisher. I remember one issue where he knocked him out with a single punch. Or the comic where he caught a bullet and threw it back into him. Now thats what makes him a superior fighter! Happy Dance

nimbus006
Ok DD has neverr beaten away hundreds, maybe tens...lol but yea i agree DD takes it, not taking anything away from Punisher.

Cosmo Kramer
Yes, its history bub' lol he actually has.

Wickerman
Yes, i've conceded to this a while ago, but this was about what i THINK should be the case IMO.....if it was up to me....

~wickerman~

Cosmo Kramer
That is what nakes me believe he can take anyone human. DareDevil is the ultimate superhero, not some bum who cant keep his life in order. Well, the new writers make it look like he is. But hopefully they will get a new one that gets him to pull himself together, get off the drugs, stop investing in organized crime. Keep up with his debts and finally find a women who wont get killed because of her family, his past, or even the ones who take their own lives.

Wickerman
I just have to say, i like DD too but making him fight human adversaries is like telling your cat to fight mice and then saying "Hah! My cat is the ultimate predator.....ph34r it~!!!!1111!!!111"

~wickerman~

Cosmo Kramer
Not at all its like taking 200 highly trained men armed with poweful weapons and hunting for the ultimate game in the dark.

Wickerman
What i'm saying is that DD isn't completely human. I've even seen somewhere on these boards people putting him on pars with Cap America. Crap if you ask me, since Cap wasn't exactly enhanced BEYOND human potential, just to its peak.

~wickerman~

Cosmo Kramer
That is because he is.

Wickerman
Originally posted by Cosmo Kramer
That is because he is.

because who is what? explain please

~wickerman~

Cosmo Kramer
Originally posted by Wickerman
because who is what? explain please

~wickerman~

I was saying he is at level with Captain America and at times better.

Wickerman
Originally posted by Cosmo Kramer
I was saying he is at level with Captain America and at times better.

Ahhh, yes yes what i meant was actually concerning them being compared as in "Best Human out there". That was the part that was bothering me.

~wickerman~

Cosmo Kramer
ok

MERCILOUS
I don't beleive DD's a better fighter than Punisher, maybe equal but certainly not better. Of course hand to hand DD would probably take it every time cause of his senses, but not because of fighting ability.

Wickerman
Originally posted by MERCILOUS
I don't beleive DD's a better fighter than Punisher, maybe equal but certainly not better. Of course hand to hand DD would probably take it every time cause of his senses, but not because of fighting ability.

Exactly. DD is a wussie. stick out tongue

But Punisher has big guns that compensate for a small...........self esteem? embarrasment

~wickerman~

jrodslam
DD is also a smarter fighter that Punisher also.

I still say Matt wins. He owns Frank.

gamewarrior
You guys really underestimate Frank. He is a seasoned combat veteran of exceptional skill, the Punisher possesses the normal human strength of a man his age, height and build who engages in intensive regular exercise. A former U.S. Marine captain with a distinguished combat record who has undergone SEAL (Sea Air Land), UDT (Underwater Demolition Team) and LRPA (Long Range Patrol) training, Frank Castle is well-versed in the arts of warfare and hand-to-hand combat.

-Expert with all small arms and large-caliber guns

-Extensive training with explosives and tactical weapons

-Superior martial artist and hand-to-hand combatant

Check this place out to see that im not making it up and check out who has superior fighting skills DD is only ranked 5 and Punisher is 6. And this place is Marvel.com that means its a Fact.

http://www.marvel.com/universe/index.htm

Wickerman
Originally posted by gamewarrior
You guys really underestimate Frank. He is a seasoned combat veteran of exceptional skill, the Punisher possesses the normal human strength of a man his age, height and build who engages in intensive regular exercise. A former U.S. Marine captain with a distinguished combat record who has undergone SEAL (Sea Air Land), UDT (Underwater Demolition Team) and LRPA (Long Range Patrol) training, Frank Castle is well-versed in the arts of warfare and hand-to-hand combat.

-Expert with all small arms and large-caliber guns

-Extensive training with explosives and tactical weapons

-Superior martial artist and hand-to-hand combatant

Check this place out to see that im not making it up and check out who has superior fighting skills DD is only ranked 5 and Punisher is 6. And this place is Marvel.com that means its a Fact.

http://www.marvel.com/universe/index.htm

"Be careful where you tread, you're tredding on my dreams"
ahem.....you're destroying fanboy dreams here shhhhhhh!!!!!!!

~wickerman~

gamewarrior
Sorry sad

Mako Victim
I think this would be a pretty good fight, but I'm leaning more towards Daredevil..... What do you think???

Onikirimaru
Yeah, Daredevil has all the powers and stuff on his side. Punisher just has allota guns.

olympian
If prep is used Punisher has all the chances. Unlike Batman he doesnt play to scare, he plays to kill.

Condor
Daredevil hasn't had any problems dodging gunfire before.....if he gets in close, I don't see how Punisher is agile enough to catch him, much less do any damage

jrodslam
Did every get Daredevil vs Punisher #1? DD whooped that a$$ AGAIN laughing

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.