The honest truth.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

TheForceSupreme
I've been looking forward to see this part of the saga for as long as I can remember, like most of you. I love Star Wars and always have since day one.

I saw ROTS on the 18th and been confused how I feel about it ever since. I feel empty, as though it did not fill that place it was suppose to. When it was done and the credits started rolling I looked at my friend who is also a star wars fan, and we were like..Was that all?

Maybe I expected to much..or maybe ROTS did not live up to the hype it was suppose to be. The fight scenes went way to fast..obi1 vs Ani was the only one I felt had any real meaning. To be honest nothing else in ROTS seemed to matter after the movie ended.

I just hope when it comes out on DVD I will be able to really enjoy it as I should have had. Right now I don't feel all that good about it and that's the truth.

DarkYoda
I did think it was a little shorter than it should have been. I felt a bit disappointed, not by the story or the action scenes, but just by the sheer tragedy of it all and the fact that it is all over. In fact, I'm sure that is what it is. Everything fell into place for the most part and there is no sequel or prequel to look forward to. It's all over. Very sad! cry

bILLYgOAT
we all felt empty when watching EPI & EP II

& EPIII left me empty also

TX!
i dunno i think the end of the movie hinted a sequel to come

bILLYgOAT
I think the story sufferd at the expense of effects.

lets face it
the OT was simplar & better

bILLYgOAT
Originally posted by TX!
i dunno i think the end of the movie hinted a sequel to come

where ?

TheForceSupreme
I know how you feel DY. ROTS being the end of the saga has also made me a bit sad about the whole thing.

Originally posted by bILLYgOAT
we all felt empty when watching EPI & EP II

& EPIII left me empty also

I did not feel empty when watching TPM..for ir was the start of many new things. Many new things we did not know and were going to find out. Most of you may hate TPM and have all kinds of excusses for it, I however see it as a major part in the saga. TPM isn't really all that bad.

TheForceSupreme
I think the story sufferd at the expense of effects.

lets face it
the OT was simplar & better

I agree that the OT had the magic we so loved and fell in love with.

bILLYgOAT
TPM
the acting was flat, just like the rest of the prequel trilogy.

the OT kicks the PT ass in terms of acting, and characters

Crusher
Ready for this? Freind told me that they are working on a series!!! I kid you not. wink

ab2421
where ?

Episodes 4-6
cool

TheForceSupreme

the OT kicks the PT ass in terms of acting, and characters

I concur but then again who could even doubt that.

DarkYoda
Originally posted by Crusher
Ready for this? Freind told me that they are working on a series!!! I kid you not. wink

Yeah... that's OLD news around these here parts. wink laughing smile

TheForceSupreme

Old news my friend. wink

I will watch it...no doubt ofcourse. The question is...will it be any good, we will only get to see second rate characters.

bILLYgOAT
I think that the thread is

THE HONEST TRUTH

the PT is SHIT compared to the OT

now ain't that a surprise

moviejunkie23
i don't get what people mean by they went to star wars and they came out feeling empty
you don't find god by going to star wars

TheForceSupreme
Originally posted by moviejunkie23
i don't get what people mean by they went to star wars and they came out feeling empty
you don't find god by going to star wars

Ohh come on..don't read that deep into it my friend. ROTS is the last one..and it was suppose to deliver..it did not do that for me. Watching Star Wars is not about finding god or anything like that for me. Thank you for making me Laugh Out Loud. laughing

mephistodesigns
Originally posted by TheForceSupreme
I concur but then again who could even doubt that.

I could. The acting was always cheesey except for the "old guys"( like Ben, Palps, Tarkin, and Dooku) Harrison Ford, and Ewan McGregor. The other actors haven't developed enough at the time they made their films. I like all of them. I think the acting and dialogue was always cheesey. Its melodrama, it SUPPOSED to sound like a soap opera. So I let it go. But the effects in all of them are awesome in my opinion. Yeah some of the old ones don't hold up, but I'm not going to get stuck in the mindset that CGI sucks just cause its a different way of doing things. Do you have any idea what these films would have cost if he didn't use CGI? Three or four times what they did cost, CGI is must cheaper and allowed him to make a bigger movie on a smaller budget. And the "Oh I can tell its CGI" is the dumbest arguement ever. Because I can also always tell stop motion and models and matte paintings too. You know why you can tell? Because your freakin' brain knows its not real! I think the plots of Star Wars , the depth of the mythology behind them, and the visuals have always been the best part. And the prequels delivered on those just as well as the OT. So I'm happy with them as a whole and can't wait to watch them all in a row to really grasp it all.

bILLYgOAT
Originally posted by mephistodesigns
I could. The acting was always cheesey except for the "old guys"( like Ben, Palps, Tarkin, and Dooku) Harrison Ford, and Ewan McGregor. The other actors haven't developed enough at the time they made their films. I like all of them. I think the acting and dialogue was always cheesey. Its melodrama, it SUPPOSED to sound like a soap opera. So I let it go. But the effects in all of them are awesome in my opinion. Yeah some of the old ones don't hold up, but I'm not going to get stuck in the mindset that CGI sucks just cause its a different way of doing things. Do you have any idea what these films would have cost if he didn't use CGI? Three or four times what they did cost, CGI is must cheaper and allowed him to make a bigger movie on a smaller budget. And the "Oh I can tell its CGI" is the dumbest arguement ever. Because I can also always tell stop motion and models and matte paintings too. You know why you can tell? Because your freakin' brain knows its not real! I think the plots of Star Wars , the depth of the mythology behind them, and the visuals have always been the best part. And the prequels delivered on those just as well as the OT. So I'm happy with them as a whole and can't wait to watch them all in a row to really grasp
it all.
the original point was character & acting of OT vs PT.
condense ur point pls & negate fx

mephistodesigns
I can say what I want.

Negate your whining pls & ks my bt. thx.

bILLYgOAT
xxx

now its ur turn

Morning_Glory
I thought it ended sort of funny...

but honestly I dont think any of us would be satisfied with Star Wars - no matter who made the prequels cause they just dont compare to the originals...

mephistodesigns
xxx

now its ur turn

the f does that mean cool guy?

DarkYoda
In all honesty, a 28 year wait to see how Vader came to be is WAY too long. And then it was over just like that. That is why you feel empty. In a way it was just too anti-climatic. It needed to be longer to justify all of the anticipation and the hype. The best way to look at it is, "Aren't you glad the originals are the best?"

It would really suck if the ending to the Star Wars saga was a let down! Fortunately we all know how brilliantly the Emperor plunged to his death.

Superfly4000
I couldn't stand how fake the clone troopers looked, and the CG R2-D was way to obviouse. Padme didn't look like she was being force choked, and the dialogue was strange. Other than those things the movie was way better than the first two. I wish they would have elaborated on the whole Qui Gon thing. What the hell is the nether-world of the force?

WindDancer
Honestly I did enjoy the film BUT I seriously don't think is one the best SW films. It just isn't is an okay film and much better than Episode II. No matter how overhype the film is it will never top A new hope period. Given that I would like to say that I was hoping to see Darth Vader (Not Hayden) engage in a duel with other Jedi's.

Morning_Glory
it was better than OK

I thought it was the best of the prequels .. but not the best Star Wars movie ever

( i love Empire Strikes back embarrasment )

Morning_Glory
yea that would have been great to see Obi Wan and Darth Vader in a battle....but poor Obi Wan was heartbroken.. you could feel his pain

bILLYgOAT
it means that my ass is freee for u to kiss

now pucker up

Captain REX
BG, please stop posting mindless comments.

Ken Kenobi
Ohh come on..don't read that deep into it my friend. ROTS is the last one..and it was suppose to deliver..it did not do that for me. Watching Star Wars is not about finding god or anything like that for me. Thank you for making me Laugh Out Loud. laughing

The fact that it is the "last one" isn't true. It's not the final chapter of the saga, it leads to Episode IV, it wasn't supposed to bring closure or anything, it's just another chapter in a much larger story. The true end of Star Wars is still ROTJ. That is why you feel empty, because the story seems incomplete.

Now, watch all of the movies once ROTS is out on DVD. 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 you will more than likely find it better when viewed in context.

MC Mike
The occasionally comic relief at the beginning was totally uneccesary and ruined the fight for me. The rest was very weird - somewhat good but somewhat, like you say, empty. Ah well. Better than Jar-Jar Shithead.

Superfly4000
The comic relife was necesarry because of the comedy in the OT. It would seem weird for people t randomly start cracking jokes if it had never been done before.

hana_skywalker

DarkYoda
Originally posted by Ken Kenobi
The fact that it is the "last one" isn't true. It's not the final chapter of the saga, it leads to Episode IV, it wasn't supposed to bring closure or anything, it's just another chapter in a much larger story. The true end of Star Wars is still ROTJ. That is why you feel empty, because the story seems incomplete.

Now, watch all of the movies once ROTS is out on DVD. 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 you will more than likely find it better when viewed in context.

I agree.

The first thing I wanted to do when I got back home was watch the end of Return Of The Jedi. See Vader turn back to good.

TX!
i agree wit ken kenobi

southtownbluz
Final Analysis:

This movie was one of the best Star Wars films I have ever seen!!!

All of the films are great in their own right. To be honest, the only one I felt cheated in was Attack of the Clones. I thought the fight scenes were weak. Especially with everything building up to a SLOW crescendo, then ending like a weak nut.

But this film was so intense on so many levels. To be honest, the second half of the film felt so dark and I got so involved, I almost forgot I was watching a Star Wars film. I was really into this movie. Most of the Star Wars films, I didnt really feel a threat. They were just outside of reality. You knew the heroes were gonna win.

This was different. You didn't know who might be killed. (well you did, but just didn't know how)

This film made me look at the whole story differently. It was very well written. And heartwrenching. Any of you who have travelled down the dark path would instantly relate to Anakin. There were so many messages on so many levels. It was complex without overly explaining everything. It was great. ONe of the best, if not THE best Star Wars film in my opinion.

I don't care what you haters think. You can argue all day about Empire or Jedi or whatever, but this film kicks it up a notch.

To be honest with you, it makes the other films look almost cheesy. And that's saying a LOT.

Of course, I snapped back to reality when Vader screamed "nooooo!" But I still felt so so so so sad for him.

Man, this movie had me sad all day yesterday. Very powerful.

TheForceSupreme
Originally posted by DarkYoda
In all honesty, a 28 year wait to see how Vader came to be is WAY too long. And then it was over just like that. That is why you feel empty. In a way it was just too anti-climatic. It needed to be longer to justify all of the anticipation and the hype.

YES!! That's it. That is why I have this confusing feeling about ROTS. Makes me wish ROTS was 6 hours long instead of 140 somewhat minutes. I just wanted to see more, especially the other duels should have been made longer.

DarkYoda
Originally posted by southtownbluz
Man, this movie had me sad all day yesterday. Very powerful.

Indeed! sad

hana_skywalker
Same here! I'm still feeling sad and shocked. lol This is the first time I've had such strong feelings with a movie. It was indeed very powerful.

((The_Anomaly))
i loved sith, second best after ROTJ for all time best SW movie in my mind, but i do think it would have benifited if it were a 3 hour film, and im usually against long movies like that, but i felt it would have been good too see things like qui-gon, yoda going to dagobah...things like that..other then that, it was amazing!

Darth MoonPIE
ROTS deserved to have 3 hours if not a bit longer I mean... why RUSH the last installment? YOU HAVE SO MUCH TO EXPLAIN MAKE IT AS GOOD AS POSSIBLE, I mean... ROTK was long 3hours30mins around....it wasnt completely redundant... it was interesting... but ROTS would have been so much better if they added another half hour or so.. IT DESERVED A LONGER RUN TIME.

Crusher
Old news my friend. wink

I will watch it...no doubt ofcourse. The question is...will it be any good, we will only get to see second rate characters.

When will it be? Anyone know?

Ken Kenobi
When will it be? Anyone know?

Not for at least a year.

Originally posted by Darth MoonPIE
ROTS deserved to have 3 hours if not a bit longer I mean... why RUSH the last installment? YOU HAVE SO MUCH TO EXPLAIN MAKE IT AS GOOD AS POSSIBLE, I mean... ROTK was long 3hours30mins around....it wasnt completely redundant... it was interesting... but ROTS would have been so much better if they added another half hour or so.. IT DESERVED A LONGER RUN TIME.

I would have paid double to see a much longer version of ROTS.

theGTR
what does ot and pt mean?

Eleonora
EDIT (look below)

Batman316
]

Eleonora
Originally posted by Eleonora
OT = original trilogy; PT = prequel trilogy.
I agree with DMoonpie, I would have liked it to be much longer with some of the scenes or moments we were expecting (like the one in my sig wink or Mon Mothma). Still, I loved it all the same smile smile smile

The Ones
The first SW i saw was TPM. and i thought that was AWESOME!!! ep 1 got me to be the major hardcore star wars fan that i am today. Then i saw 4-6. it was great but sorta confusing cause theres a huge gap between 1 and 4-6. i saw ep 2 in cinemas (scared some guy to death cause he was making so much noise) and i LOVED IT!. i thought it was much better that 1,4,5 and 6 put together. now im seeing the final part of my lifes interest in less than 3 hours. i know im going to love it. i know the plot and everything and know the story about anakin and darth vader and luke and padme and the jedi and sith etc. i dont know why people think the PT is "cheesey". i think the PT rules over OT. PT wipes its ass with the ot and covers it with shit. dont get me wrong. i still love the OT but not as much is i worship the PT.

jaden101
well thats what you get for overhyping it until your little tickers nearly exploded in your chests

DarkYoda
Originally posted by The Ones
The first SW i saw was TPM. and i thought that was AWESOME!!! ep 1 got me to be the major hardcore star wars fan that i am today. Then i saw 4-6. it was great but sorta confusing cause theres a huge gap between 1 and 4-6. i saw ep 2 in cinemas (scared some guy to death cause he was making so much noise) and i LOVED IT!. i thought it was much better that 1,4,5 and 6 put together. now im seeing the final part of my lifes interest in less than 3 hours. i know im going to love it. i know the plot and everything and know the story about anakin and darth vader and luke and padme and the jedi and sith etc. i dont know why people think the PT is "cheesey". i think the PT rules over OT. PT wipes its ass with the ot and covers it with shit. dont get me wrong. i still love the OT but not as much is i worship the PT.

You haven't seen it yet? What's wrong with you! mad stick out tongue wink laughing

ExecuteR
i cant believe what im reading in this forum!?
ROTS is awesome, from the first frame to the last!!

DarkYoda
Originally posted by ExecuteR
i cant believe what im reading in this forum!?
ROTS is awesome, from the first frame to the last!!

Agreed. It's just really sad that it is over... just like that (snaps fingers).

The Ones
Originally posted by DarkYoda
You haven't seen it yet? What's wrong with you! mad stick out tongue wink laughing

school kept me from seeing it and dads watching football. my only avaible slot is in 30 min

Mist
I've been looking forward to see this part of the saga for as long as I can remember, like most of you. I love Star Wars and always have since day one.

I saw ROTS on the 18th and been confused how I feel about it ever since. I feel empty, as though it did not fill that place it was suppose to. When it was done and the credits started rolling I looked at my friend who is also a star wars fan, and we were like..Was that all?

Maybe I expected to much..or maybe ROTS did not live up to the hype it was suppose to be. The fight scenes went way to fast..obi1 vs Ani was the only one I felt had any real meaning. To be honest nothing else in ROTS seemed to matter after the movie ended.

I just hope when it comes out on DVD I will be able to really enjoy it as I should have had. Right now I don't feel all that good about it and that's the truth.

that pretty much summed it up nicely for me...

i mean...good movie and all...but 3 years waiting and still no answers to other crap? it didnt flow very well..

Obi-wan2005
Lets say Yoda, Obi-Wan, Luke, and Mace somehow find Vader, Sideous, Maul, And Dooku and they all fight.......who would win the sith or the jedi?

Mist
jesus......we have a versus forum for that sorta stuff...

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.