Does anyone still play Quake?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

LeAtHerRFace
Do you still play quake 1,2,3 and Team Arena? I dont, the grafics is old, but it still does look good. Has a ton of skins to download etc.

Lord_Andres
I still play the old ID games they are the best games ever in my option smile specialy Doom and Heretic/Hexen, but Quake is still good tho I like the atmophser in the old Quake, and the speed in Quake 3 Arena

Lord_Andres
and what the do the graphics matter? if you are a good gamer you should be able to see trouh the grapihcs and see the fun in the game smile

chops
yeah i still play dem but sadley my quake 1 and 2 discs dont work so i got some of ebay and for q3 i have it for ps2 used to have it for pc but lost disk but decided not to get it.

Pred@tor
Hell yeah. Love the hexen, quake, doom series. Cool shit man. Remeber how you used to piss yourself in Doom when you first get attacked by a dozen of those pink things? Dammnnnn...

BackFire
I think that's wishful thinking. The First Person Shooter genre is heavily dependant on graphics, more so then any other genre. It's very very hard for a shooter to be entertaining and truly engrossing if it doesn't have at least somewhat modern graphics to back up the good gameplay.

That is why you see most of the main graphical pushes in FPS games.

Pred@tor
yeah but people should still appreciate the whole story of the game insted of just for the graphics

DracotheDragon
Right on Lord Andres, graphics don't matter, because the best 1st person shooter games are the DOOM series! Rock on! I still like the original quake on 64. It's awesome, but DOOM 64 smokes it! The original DOOM is the BEST!!!! rock

Red Superfly
Duke Nukem? Anybody remember that? Awesome game - still better than two thirds of the crap out there now.

chops
can sombodey make a server on quake 2 coz ive neva been on multiplayer before

Holcomb
Nope, don't play anymore.

DracotheDragon
Why not? Can't stand classics?

Gory Game Lover
QQQQQQQQUUUUUUUUUUUUAAAAAAAAAAAKKKKKKKKKKKKKEEEEEE
EEEEEEEEEE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!IIIIIIIII LLLLLLLLOOOOOOOOVVEEE QQQQQQQQUUUUUUAAAAAAKKKKKKKKEE! eek! eek! eek! eek! eek! eek! eek! eek!

Lord_Andres
You sertantly like to dig up old theads, don't you gory, anyway I bet I could take on any of you in a Quake3 Arena Match big grin

LeAtHerRFace
you would probably win me in quake now... but back then... heeeellll no, i was the king of quake 1 and 2.(quake 3 f*ucked up the series)

if u wanna vs in modern games... meet me in Unreal Tournament 2004. My clan is -KoH- (knights of hell) iam the clan leader with about 11 clan members +. If u seriously wanna vs, give me a holla and ill give u my full name big grin

Samas-adian
First person does need good graphics to be good, but its still the gameplay that matters.
Half life is still great to play while Unreal the original is not.

SaTsuJiN
pfsh.. I still play regular q3.. I think team arena is a crappy expansion..
q3 instagib is leet rock

Lord_Andres
When I get UT04 I'l be sure to PM you Leather, I usually just play UT (Don't like 03) but UT04 was pretty sweet, maybe I'l get it next mounth, anyway never tried instagib for Q3, just for UT(I'm the king there big grin) usually I beat my friends with a score near to this

Me 25

Firends -3 to 8 (thy sometimes fall down since we mostly play morpheus hehe)

Gory Game Lover
Quake 3?Bring it on!I have been playing that game ever since 1999!

Gory Game Lover
I got to level 4 in DOOM 3 the first time I played it.I got the Cyberdemon!Bad Butt!

Gory Game Lover
Nice Quake 3 Doom picture!

Lord_Andres
do you still play Q3 Gory? what server do you play on?

Gory Game Lover
Any.I used to play online but now I play Xaero on Nightmare mode!
I keep on beating him,but hardly.

Lord_Andres
I used to have a hard time beating him in Nightmare too! but I usualy win him now, it's a good chalange thu smile anyway whats your nick when you play Q3 Gory Gamer?

Gory Game Lover
It changes.I mostly have Alien models but I change my name all the time.

Lord_Andres
ok next time I'm gonna play Q3 I'l PM you just before then maybe we can take a round, what you say to that?

Gory Game Lover
I think my father uninstalled it yesterday.......................he did.

Lord_Andres
reinstall it?

SaTsuJiN
sounds like he's BS'ing to me...

Pandemoniac
Check gameaholic.com, they list all active quake 2 servers going on!

Phoenix Aska
I think that the first Quake game was the best...

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.