KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Misc » Computer / Video Games Discussion » Does anyone still play Quake?

Does anyone still play Quake?
Started by: LeAtHerRFace

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (2): [1] 2 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
LeAtHerRFace
Founder Of Fight Club

Does anyone still play Quake?

Do you still play quake 1,2,3 and Team Arena? I dont, the grafics is old, but it still does look good. Has a ton of skins to download etc.

Old Post Apr 6th, 2004 04:59 AM
LeAtHerRFace is currently offline Click here to Send LeAtHerRFace a Private Message Find more posts by LeAtHerRFace Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Lord Andres
Wanted Dead or Alive

I still play the old ID games they are the best games ever in my option smile specialy Doom and Heretic/Hexen, but Quake is still good tho I like the atmophser in the old Quake, and the speed in Quake 3 Arena

Old Post Apr 6th, 2004 02:02 PM
Lord Andres is currently offline Click here to Send Lord Andres a Private Message Find more posts by Lord Andres Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Lord Andres
Wanted Dead or Alive

and what the do the graphics matter? if you are a good gamer you should be able to see trouh the grapihcs and see the fun in the game smile

Old Post Apr 6th, 2004 02:04 PM
Lord Andres is currently offline Click here to Send Lord Andres a Private Message Find more posts by Lord Andres Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
chops
Bassdude

yeah i still play dem but sadley my quake 1 and 2 discs dont work so i got some of ebay and for q3 i have it for ps2 used to have it for pc but lost disk but decided not to get it.

Old Post May 28th, 2004 09:54 PM
chops is currently offline Click here to Send chops a Private Message Find more posts by chops Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Pred@tor
The Huntress

Hell yeah. Love the hexen, quake, doom series. Cool shit man. Remeber how you used to piss yourself in Doom when you first get attacked by a dozen of those pink things? Dammnnnn...

Old Post Jun 2nd, 2004 05:50 AM
Pred@tor is currently offline Click here to Send Pred@tor a Private Message Find more posts by Pred@tor Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
BackFire
Blood. It's nature's lube

quote:
Originally posted by Lord_Andres
and what the do the graphics matter? if you are a good gamer you should be able to see trouh the grapihcs and see the fun in the game smile

I think that's wishful thinking. The First Person Shooter genre is heavily dependant on graphics, more so then any other genre. It's very very hard for a shooter to be entertaining and truly engrossing if it doesn't have at least somewhat modern graphics to back up the good gameplay.

That is why you see most of the main graphical pushes in FPS games.

Old Post Jun 2nd, 2004 08:33 AM
BackFire is currently offline Click here to Send BackFire a Private Message Find more posts by BackFire Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Pred@tor
The Huntress

yeah but people should still appreciate the whole story of the game insted of just for the graphics

Old Post Jun 2nd, 2004 11:43 AM
Pred@tor is currently offline Click here to Send Pred@tor a Private Message Find more posts by Pred@tor Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
[D_A]Kherr

Right on Lord Andres, graphics don't matter, because the best 1st person shooter games are the DOOM series! Rock on! I still like the original quake on 64. It's awesome, but DOOM 64 smokes it! The original DOOM is the BEST!!!! rock

Old Post Jun 2nd, 2004 05:48 PM
[D_A]Kherr is currently offline Click here to Send [D_A]Kherr a Private Message Find more posts by [D_A]Kherr Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Red Superfly
You creepy little stalker

Duke Nukem? Anybody remember that? Awesome game - still better than two thirds of the crap out there now.

Old Post Jun 2nd, 2004 07:53 PM
Red Superfly is currently offline Click here to Send Red Superfly a Private Message Find more posts by Red Superfly Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
chops
Bassdude

can sombodey make a server on quake 2 coz ive neva been on multiplayer before

Old Post Jun 3rd, 2004 12:37 PM
chops is currently offline Click here to Send chops a Private Message Find more posts by chops Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Holcomb

Nope, don't play anymore.

Old Post Jun 3rd, 2004 04:04 PM
Holcomb is currently offline Click here to Send Holcomb a Private Message Find more posts by Holcomb Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
[D_A]Kherr

Why not? Can't stand classics?

Old Post Jun 3rd, 2004 05:52 PM
[D_A]Kherr is currently offline Click here to Send [D_A]Kherr a Private Message Find more posts by [D_A]Kherr Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Gory Game Lover

QQQQQQQQUUUUUUUUUUUUAAAAAAAAAAAKKKKKKKKKKKKKEEEEEE
EEEEEEEEEE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!IIIIIIIII LLLLLLLLOOOOOOOOVVEEE QQQQQQQQUUUUUUAAAAAAKKKKKKKKEE! eek! eek! eek! eek! eek! eek! eek! eek!

Old Post Sep 6th, 2004 10:56 PM
Gory Game Lover is currently offline Click here to Send Gory Game Lover a Private Message Find more posts by Gory Game Lover Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Lord Andres
Wanted Dead or Alive

You sertantly like to dig up old theads, don't you gory, anyway I bet I could take on any of you in a Quake3 Arena Match big grin

Old Post Sep 6th, 2004 11:44 PM
LeAtHerRFace
Founder Of Fight Club

quote:
Originally posted by Lord_Andres
You sertantly like to dig up old theads, don't you gory, anyway I bet I could take on any of you in a Quake3 Arena Match big grin

you would probably win me in quake now... but back then... heeeellll no, i was the king of quake 1 and 2.(quake 3 f*ucked up the series)

if u wanna vs in modern games... meet me in Unreal Tournament 2004. My clan is -KoH- (knights of hell) iam the clan leader with about 11 clan members +. If u seriously wanna vs, give me a holla and ill give u my full name big grin

Old Post Sep 8th, 2004 04:25 AM
LeAtHerRFace is currently offline Click here to Send LeAtHerRFace a Private Message Find more posts by LeAtHerRFace Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Smasandian
Smell the Ashes

First person does need good graphics to be good, but its still the gameplay that matters.
Half life is still great to play while Unreal the original is not.

Old Post Sep 8th, 2004 05:19 AM
Smasandian is currently offline Find more posts by Smasandian Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
SaTsuJiN
Wielder of Thunder Seal

pfsh.. I still play regular q3.. I think team arena is a crappy expansion..
q3 instagib is leet rock

My MySpace SaTsu's Sketchbook My Deviant Art

Old Post Sep 8th, 2004 01:55 PM
SaTsuJiN is currently offline Click here to Send SaTsuJiN a Private Message Find more posts by SaTsuJiN Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Lord Andres
Wanted Dead or Alive

When I get UT04 I'l be sure to PM you Leather, I usually just play UT (Don't like 03) but UT04 was pretty sweet, maybe I'l get it next mounth, anyway never tried instagib for Q3, just for UT(I'm the king there big grin) usually I beat my friends with a score near to this

Me 25

Firends -3 to 8 (thy sometimes fall down since we mostly play morpheus hehe)

Old Post Sep 8th, 2004 04:19 PM
Gory Game Lover

Quake 3?Bring it on!I have been playing that game ever since 1999!

Old Post Sep 9th, 2004 04:07 AM
Gory Game Lover is currently offline Click here to Send Gory Game Lover a Private Message Find more posts by Gory Game Lover Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Gory Game Lover

I got to level 4 in DOOM 3 the first time I played it.I got the Cyberdemon!Bad Butt!

Old Post Sep 9th, 2004 04:08 AM