question on Darth Maul

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

volleyballer4
Um im not sure if anyone has asked this or have, but i was wondering why darth maul aka the phamtom menace has like a double sided lightsabre, while everyone else has only one? why is that?

Hegemon875
kinda off topic but isnt Palpatine the "phantom menace"?

volleyballer4
oh yeah my bad...im new at this

ragesRemorse
the double sided light saber was just his style. I doubt it would be anymore or any less impactfull against a master of regular light saber

rubber dickie
i think it's actually more of a hassle have a double edged light saber. you have to be very skilled to handle such saber. and i do think it matters in a fight. qui gonn did die fighting him.

ragesRemorse
The only advantage i can see a double saber having is for counter attacks. however, a double saber obligates you to perform a certain range of movements, whereas a traditional saber is more open ended on possible form

Darth Macabre
A double sided saber allows you to attack but still be defended at the same time. It also allows you to fight to people at once a lot more easily. If you noticed he only used one side when he was fighting Qui-Gon on tatooine.

Benjio
Im guessing it was one of the first 2 vs 1 fights in Star Wars so they thought they'd make it a bit special and give him a double ended one so he could fight both at once. I guess it showed how skilled he was as well. What I wanna know is after it was chopped in half, how would it still work? Seems a bit strange. Any got the Episode I visual dictionary? (I don't)

DarthVader221
no no no uve got it all wrong. Darth Maul was the Phantom Menace and Palpantine is the Sith Lord.

SixOfTwelve
Originally posted by DarthVader221
no no no uve got it all wrong. Darth Maul was the Phantom Menace and Palpantine is the Sith Lord.

Well, the point seems to be that "phantom menace" can be interpreted in a number of ways, including the Trade Federation Blockade (with the bigger threat of Palpatine's machinations behind it), Anakin (with the bigger threat of Vader in his future) and, yes, Darth Maul (a great fighter, yes, but merely a dumb brute compared to his shadowy master).

seriph
Originally posted by Benjio
Im guessing it was one of the first 2 vs 1 fights in Star Wars so they thought they'd make it a bit special and give him a double ended one so he could fight both at once. I guess it showed how skilled he was as well. What I wanna know is after it was chopped in half, how would it still work? Seems a bit strange. Any got the Episode I visual dictionary? (I don't)

my friend does, if i recall it has six power crystals(dont ask my what power crystals are) instead of the usual one, thus it getting choped in half means it should still have three, can someone confirm, dont quote me on this

The Ones
that is correct. it also has around 2 or 3 focussing lenses

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.