Obi-Wan/grievous

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

epicdanger
How did Obi-Wan beat Grievous?

Grievous had 4 lightsabers Obi-Wan had 1 and Grievous was trained by Count Deku so how did Obi-wan win becides he has to be in Episode 4,5,6 Grievous would have killd Obi-Wan if not for the reason stated above

Mist
who cares....really....obi wan beat him...why did he kill darth maul? maul was trained by sidious and had a double bladed saber...

epicdanger
still he had 4 light sabers Grievous could have easily killed the Jedi *Councel if he wanted

spellcheck is not working for me

DeVi| D0do
Grievous was trained in the Jedi arts but he is not a Jedi and so doesn't know how to use the sabers properly... he can't sense the moves Obi Wan is going to make which makes it easy for Kenobi to disarm him...

ragesRemorse
well said

Red Superfly
Grievous had Obi-Wan when he was spinning the sabers. Why the hell did he stop?

Batman316
Wasn't there a line cut from the duel?

Grievious "I was trained in the Jedi arts by County Dooku"

Obi-wan "Oh that's nice, I trained the guy who took his head"

Ok I know it's not the exact phrasing but it's the same style and would have been so cool if it wasn't sitting on the cutting room floor

Fishy
Would have been nice smile

And why GG lost so easily? Well its already said, GG wasn't a Jedi. And Obi made him stop with the spinning by attacking him. Without force powers lightsabers are just weapons. Of course Obi would win, every Jedi should have won from him.

Red Superfly
Originally posted by Batman316
Wasn't there a line cut from the duel?

Grievious "I was trained in the Jedi arts by County Dooku"

Obi-wan "Oh that's nice, I trained the guy who took his head"

Ok I know it's not the exact phrasing but it's the same style and would have been so cool if it wasn't sitting on the cutting room floor

Hrm, maybe Lucas thought that gloating about something like that wouldn't be very Jedi-like.

I mean, it's a cool line, but it doesn't seem like something Obi-Wan would say, or be very proud of.

Fishy
It doesn't? I think it would be something he would just love to say... Maybe not the guy who took his head, but killed him might be something he would say

The Ones
remember mace crushed his chest, that made him weaker. he probably couldnt do much because of his accident. he was so fast and powerful. now he cant do fancy stuff. thats probably why he won

nolan lepaz
Originally posted by Fishy
Would have been nice smile

And why GG lost so easily? Well its already said, GG wasn't a Jedi. And Obi made him stop with the spinning by attacking him. Without force powers lightsabers are just weapons. Of course Obi would win, every Jedi should have won from him. That's not true dude. You don't need to be a Jedi to kill jedi. You don't need to be a jedi to be able to use light saber. Jedi are just more efficient with light sabers. But I'm sure if someone is a great fencer they can use a light saber. I mean Grevious did get those weapons from Jedi that thought they could beat him.

Red Superfly
Dude, that was in the cartoon, where every character has amazing superpowers.

I saw Yoda moving Trade ships with the force, Mace Windu riding a Vulture ship like a skiff and blowing up droids with his bare hands.

In the movies, things are a little different. Obi-Wan hurts his leg when he kicks Grievous, ships are harder to fly, Jedi don't jump for miles, and Jedi don't fall hundreds of feet onto solid ground and walk away.

Same thing goes for Grievous. Mace crushing his chest has nothing to do with his strength whatsoever. Its merely because that was the over the top cartoon with flying Jedi, and this was the movie where Jedi don't have eyelasers, turn into werewolves, breathe in space and destroy planets with the force while dancing a fandango.

sexyking
Originally posted by epicdanger
still he had 4 light sabers Grievous could have easily killed the Jedi *Councel if he wanted

spellcheck is not working for me

I am guessing when you posted this you hadn't seen the movie but if you have you will know that grievous can not duel in the sense we all know it as his more of a psychopath with light sabers. Obi wan beat him in a duel in under 5seconds the clone wars totally misinterpreted the character.

epicdanger
i am talking about the movie i was just making a point

smoker4
Originally posted by epicdanger
i am talking about the movie i was just making a pint

Lager please smokin'

ShadowKing
When Lucas gave the character to the creators of Clone Wars to use...he was an unbeatable Terminator type character

As he worked on the movie, he decided a character that strong wouldn't need bodyguards and was more of a coward who fought only when he had the advantage...

It would have been cool to see the Clone Wars style GG though...the part where he spun the blades had me hoping he would start running up walls and using his robot speed and strength

epicdanger
Originally posted by ShadowKing
When Lucas gave the character to the creators of Clone Wars to use...he was an unbeatable Terminator type character

As he worked on the movie, he decided a character that strong wouldn't need bodyguards and was more of a coward who fought only when he had the advantage...

It would have been cool to see the Clone Wars style GG though...the part where he spun the blades had me hoping he would start running up walls and using his robot speed and strength

??what??

The Ones
i understood it

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.