KMC Forums

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Already a member? Log-in!

Home » Star Wars » Star Wars: Episode I, II & III » Obi-Wan/grievous

Obi-Wan/grievous
Started by: epicdanger

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
  Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
epicdanger

Obi-Wan/grievous

How did Obi-Wan beat Grievous?

Grievous had 4 lightsabers Obi-Wan had 1 and Grievous was trained by Count Deku so how did Obi-wan win becides he has to be in Episode 4,5,6 Grievous would have killd Obi-Wan if not for the reason stated above

Old Post May 23rd, 2005 07:30 AM
Click here to Send epicdanger a Private Message Find more posts by epicdanger Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Hazardous

who cares....really....obi wan beat him...why did he kill darth maul? maul was trained by sidious and had a double bladed saber...

Old Post May 23rd, 2005 07:32 AM
Find more posts by Hazardous Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
epicdanger

still he had 4 light sabers Grievous could have easily killed the Jedi *Councel if he wanted

spellcheck is not working for me

Old Post May 23rd, 2005 07:36 AM
Click here to Send epicdanger a Private Message Find more posts by epicdanger Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
DeVi| D0do
The 8th Deadly Sin

Grievous was trained in the Jedi arts but he is not a Jedi and so doesn't know how to use the sabers properly... he can't sense the moves Obi Wan is going to make which makes it easy for Kenobi to disarm him...

Old Post May 23rd, 2005 07:55 AM
Click here to Send DeVi| D0do a Private Message Find more posts by DeVi| D0do Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
jinXed by JaNx

well said

Old Post May 23rd, 2005 08:09 AM
Click here to Send jinXed by JaNx a Private Message Find more posts by jinXed by JaNx Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Red Superfly
You creepy little stalker

Grievous had Obi-Wan when he was spinning the sabers. Why the hell did he stop?

Old Post May 23rd, 2005 02:00 PM
Click here to Send Red Superfly a Private Message Find more posts by Red Superfly Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Batman316
The True Batman

Wasn't there a line cut from the duel?

Grievious "I was trained in the Jedi arts by County Dooku"

Obi-wan "Oh that's nice, I trained the guy who took his head"

Ok I know it's not the exact phrasing but it's the same style and would have been so cool if it wasn't sitting on the cutting room floor

Old Post May 23rd, 2005 02:09 PM
Click here to Send Batman316 a Private Message Find more posts by Batman316 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Fishy

Would have been nice smile

And why GG lost so easily? Well its already said, GG wasn't a Jedi. And Obi made him stop with the spinning by attacking him. Without force powers lightsabers are just weapons. Of course Obi would win, every Jedi should have won from him.

Thanks TWelling4Ever

Old Post May 23rd, 2005 02:11 PM
Click here to Send Fishy a Private Message Find more posts by Fishy Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Red Superfly

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Batman316
Wasn't there a line cut from the duel?

Grievious "I was trained in the Jedi arts by County Dooku"

Obi-wan "Oh that's nice, I trained the guy who took his head"

Ok I know it's not the exact phrasing but it's the same style and would have been so cool if it wasn't sitting on the cutting room floor

Hrm, maybe Lucas thought that gloating about something like that wouldn't be very Jedi-like.

I mean, it's a cool line, but it doesn't seem like something Obi-Wan would say, or be very proud of.

Old Post May 23rd, 2005 02:29 PM
Click here to Send Red Superfly a Private Message Find more posts by Red Superfly Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Fishy

It doesn't? I think it would be something he would just love to say... Maybe not the guy who took his head, but killed him might be something he would say

Thanks TWelling4Ever

Old Post May 23rd, 2005 02:34 PM
Click here to Send Fishy a Private Message Find more posts by Fishy Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
The Ones
Death Eater

remember mace crushed his chest, that made him weaker. he probably couldnt do much because of his accident. he was so fast and powerful. now he cant do fancy stuff. thats probably why he won

Harry Potter and the Triwizard Cup Spider-man 3

Old Post May 23rd, 2005 02:55 PM
Click here to Send The Ones a Private Message Find more posts by The Ones Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
nolan lepaz
BARAN DO MASTER

Originally posted by Fishy
Would have been nice smile

And why GG lost so easily? Well its already said, GG wasn't a Jedi. And Obi made him stop with the spinning by attacking him. Without force powers lightsabers are just weapons. Of course Obi would win, every Jedi should have won from him.
That's not true dude. You don't need to be a Jedi to kill jedi. You don't need to be a jedi to be able to use light saber. Jedi are just more efficient with light sabers. But I'm sure if someone is a great fencer they can use a light saber. I mean Grevious did get those weapons from Jedi that thought they could beat him.

Old Post May 23rd, 2005 02:58 PM
Click here to Send nolan lepaz a Private Message Find more posts by nolan lepaz Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Red Superfly

Dude, that was in the cartoon, where every character has amazing superpowers.

I saw Yoda moving Trade ships with the force, Mace Windu riding a Vulture ship like a skiff and blowing up droids with his bare hands.

In the movies, things are a little different. Obi-Wan hurts his leg when he kicks Grievous, ships are harder to fly, Jedi don't jump for miles, and Jedi don't fall hundreds of feet onto solid ground and walk away.

Same thing goes for Grievous. Mace crushing his chest has nothing to do with his strength whatsoever. Its merely because that was the over the top cartoon with flying Jedi, and this was the movie where Jedi don't have eyelasers, turn into werewolves, breathe in space and destroy planets with the force while dancing a fandango.

Old Post May 23rd, 2005 03:02 PM
sexyking

Originally posted by epicdanger
still he had 4 light sabers Grievous could have easily killed the Jedi *Councel if he wanted

spellcheck is not working for me

I am guessing when you posted this you hadn't seen the movie but if you have you will know that grievous can not duel in the sense we all know it as his more of a psychopath with light sabers. Obi wan beat him in a duel in under 5seconds the clone wars totally misinterpreted the character.

Old Post May 23rd, 2005 04:46 PM
Click here to Send sexyking a Private Message Find more posts by sexyking Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
epicdanger

i am talking about the movie i was just making a point

Old Post May 23rd, 2005 07:54 PM
smoker4
Me name be Leon

Originally posted by epicdanger
i am talking about the movie i was just making a pint

Lager please smokin'

F**k you Loggins

Old Post May 23rd, 2005 07:55 PM
Click here to Send smoker4 a Private Message Find more posts by smoker4 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
ShadowKing
Fallen Jedi

When Lucas gave the character to the creators of Clone Wars to use...he was an unbeatable Terminator type character

As he worked on the movie, he decided a character that strong wouldn't need bodyguards and was more of a coward who fought only when he had the advantage...

It would have been cool to see the Clone Wars style GG though...the part where he spun the blades had me hoping he would start running up walls and using his robot speed and strength

Custom Sig courtesy of Ast!

Old Post May 23rd, 2005 08:45 PM
Click here to Send ShadowKing a Private Message Find more posts by ShadowKing Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
epicdanger

Originally posted by ShadowKing
When Lucas gave the character to the creators of Clone Wars to use...he was an unbeatable Terminator type character

As he worked on the movie, he decided a character that strong wouldn't need bodyguards and was more of a coward who fought only when he had the advantage...

It would have been cool to see the Clone Wars style GG though...the part where he spun the blades had me hoping he would start running up walls and using his robot speed and strength

??what??

Old Post May 23rd, 2005 09:21 PM
The Ones
Death Eater

i understood it

Harry Potter and the Triwizard Cup Spider-man 3

Old Post May 23rd, 2005 09:32 PM
Click here to Send The Ones a Private Message Find more posts by The Ones Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote