To cheat death...

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

palpy_666
"To cheat death is a power only one has achieved..." -Sidious

Who is this individual that has cheated death? Obviously it can't be Plagueis because he died! Or perhaps he is referring to Plagueis but it's a matter of how you interpret his statement. Any thoughts?

The Ones
the power to cheat death is to save other people from dying. it was plagueis

DenKi
Qui Gon??

Bardock42
Of course Plagueis.....how should he know aboot Qui Gon?

And Plagueis had the power to cheat death...that he wasn'T able to use it after death doesn't change it

PVS
palpatine clearly stated that plaguious was able to cheat death for others but it couldnt save his own life.

Ultimatespider
"The Dark side of the force is a pathway to many abilities some consider to be unatural"

Maybe he cud sense qui-gon But he WAS talking about plaugies

TOAD-LORD
I have a really cool theory about the emperor....ready for this, he is UNDEAD! Or at least he's unaturally extended his life. Who remembers in the second new one Attack of the clones when Obi won say.
"Master Syphadias died almost thirty years ago" Syphadias is Darth Sidious, get the connection? Thats why his face gets all freaky like that, it's revealing him for what he truly is. Cool huh, makes sense to me. Definitly Palpy doing some crazy godless thing here....any expansions on this!

smoker4
Nope

Ulic Qel Droma
except TOAD-LORD, that Obi-Wan says Master Sifo Dyas died almost 10 years ago, not 30!!!!! laughing

ctsketch
Originally posted by TOAD-LORD
I have a really cool theory about the emperor....ready for this, he is UNDEAD! Or at least he's unaturally extended his life. Who remembers in the second new one Attack of the clones when Obi won say.
"Master Syphadias died almost thirty years ago" Syphadias is Darth Sidious, get the connection? Thats why his face gets all freaky like that, it's revealing him for what he truly is. Cool huh, makes sense to me. Definitly Palpy doing some crazy godless thing here....any expansions on this!

except that the identity of Sifo Dyas was explained in a book

Bubbapilot
I was under the impression that Plagueis was the only one to "cheat" death. Meaning that he had the ability to save or prolong another's life. In fact I believe that was a point that was trying to be made, that the Sith are trying to live forever and it is the Jedi (Qui-Gon) that have learned to live forever.

mysterio69
ummmm...he was yankin' anakin's chain. like the time i told my little bro that drinking sour, curdled milk makes you get big muscles. i just wanted to see him ralph all over the floor. palpy just wanted anakin to go to the dark side. same thing.

Obi-wan2005
it was plaugies...he could keep others alive by manipulateing those uhhhh...i forget how to spell it but those things in the force that speak to you hear you....anyways he could cheat death, stop it from his loved ones but, his fear of losing his power blinded him from himself die ing

DenKi
To "CHEAT DEATH" Meaning he could STAY ALIVE longer than he was ment too!!!

Obi-wan2005
possibly..but he never said anything about that only about him keeping his loved ones alive longer than they were meant to.

hazkid
"he could save others from death...but not himself."
i loved palpy's reminiscent expressoin!

masterwindu
maybe plagius used the power on sidious? shifty

Robin Darkside
Originally posted by palpy_666
"To cheat death is a power only one has achieved..." -Sidious

Who is this individual that has cheated death? Obviously it can't be Plagueis because he died! Or perhaps he is referring to Plagueis but it's a matter of how you interpret his statement. Any thoughts?

It was Plageus, the irony was he could save everyone but himself.

There is also no reason to believe Palpatine was telling the truth about Plageus.

Lazerlike42
It was Plagieus. Palpatine's statement that he could cheat death but he couldn't save himself was a statement of irony, not ability. It was not that Plagiues was incapable of cheating it himself, it's that it's ironic that he didn't. Palpatine also said he was killed in his sleep. That is why he could not save himself.

Obi-Wan seems pretty proficient at using the Jedi mindtrick.... he used it on the deathstick guy and the stormtroopers in ANH, for instance, but if he was asleep he couldn't use it, much the same way Plagiues could not use his death cheating ability when someone sneaks up on him in his sleep.

vincelorto
I registered just to answer this question. In the RotJ, Yoda says he's 800 or 900 years old. RotS is only 25 years or before this. The emperor could very well mean Master Yoda because at this point, he seems to be living forever.

Vince

jedijunky1138
Palps told Anakin that Plagieus taught his apprentice this art, however after he turns to the Dark Side he then said that they would learn to this power together. WTF did Palps just use that as a ploy to seduce Anakin to the DS? Anakin got PUNKED!

astrofan428
He could have simply meant that Plag was the only one who had actually done it and that Sid hadnt yet. I dont see Sids having many loved ones to save. stick out tongue

jedijunky1138
point well taken

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.