Why Padme dies?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Paul-Muad'Dib
Well i was wondering why does Padme die actually? Because the robot says she is healthy and she dies anyway. Could Palpatine have smth to do with her death?

SithSpy
no, Lucas borrows heavily from myth and old lore, basically what its saying is that she died from a broken heart, which happend alot in old mythology

adele2k5
she dies of a broken heart because of what anakins done to try and save it ultimately killed her, the horror of him killing children when shes pregnant with his children.

yerssot
I thought that was kinda obvious in the movie:
"she lost the will to live" messed

Sesse
And Vader didn't?

blink

yerssot
Anakin did... from a certain point of view wink

Deadlyshot07
She has no will to live.

SixOfTwelve
"Cause of death: cardiac fracture". whistle

Shaggy2dope
guys dont you remember at the end of the movie what palpatine said when anakin asked is she was alright palpatine said when anakin put a choke on padme it was too strong so she didn't have too much time to live you can be healthy and be close to dieing thats why they performed surgery quickly

SixOfTwelve
Originally posted by Shaggy2dope
guys dont you remember at the end of the movie what palpatine said when anakin asked is she was alright palpatine said when anakin put a choke on padme it was too strong so she didn't have too much time to live you can be healthy and be close to dieing thats why they performed surgery quickly

Hm. To me it seemed quite obvious that Palpatine had no idea how Padme died and just told Vader this version to take his last grip on humanity, goodness and "the light side of the Force" from him and to ensure that Palpatine is the only person left to whom Vader can really relate.

That reminds me, I have to rewatch the new Emperor scene in TESB to see how the end of ROTS reflects on that... Vader's "How is that possible?" makes a lot more sense now.

Shaggy2dope
i thought anakin should have beaten obi one so retarted if you beat the game you can change the ending!

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.