KMC Forums

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Already a member? Log-in!

Home » Star Wars » Star Wars: Episode I, II & III » Why Padme dies?

Why Padme dies?
Started by: Paul-Muad'Dib

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
  Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Paul-Muad'Dib

Why Padme dies?

Well i was wondering why does Padme die actually? Because the robot says she is healthy and she dies anyway. Could Palpatine have smth to do with her death?

Last edited by Paul-Muad'Dib on May 26th, 2005 at 04:25 PM

Old Post May 26th, 2005 04:22 PM
Click here to Send Paul-Muad'Dib a Private Message Find more posts by Paul-Muad'Dib Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
SithSpy
Prodigal Son

no, Lucas borrows heavily from myth and old lore, basically what its saying is that she died from a broken heart, which happend alot in old mythology

Old Post May 26th, 2005 04:24 PM
Click here to Send SithSpy a Private Message Find more posts by SithSpy Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
adele2k5

she dies of a broken heart because of what anakins done to try and save it ultimately killed her, the horror of him killing children when shes pregnant with his children.

Old Post May 26th, 2005 04:52 PM
Click here to Send adele2k5 a Private Message Find more posts by adele2k5 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
yerssot

I thought that was kinda obvious in the movie:
"she lost the will to live" messed

Old Post May 26th, 2005 06:04 PM
Click here to Send yerssot a Private Message Find more posts by yerssot Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Sesse
Jedi Ghost

And Vader didn't?

blink

Old Post May 26th, 2005 06:10 PM
Click here to Send Sesse a Private Message Find more posts by Sesse Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
yerssot

Anakin did... from a certain point of view wink

Old Post May 26th, 2005 06:11 PM
Click here to Send yerssot a Private Message Find more posts by yerssot Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Deadlyshot07
Jedi Knight

She has no will to live.

Old Post May 26th, 2005 06:18 PM
Click here to Send Deadlyshot07 a Private Message Find more posts by Deadlyshot07 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
SixOfTwelve
Blue Elephant Muppet

"Cause of death: cardiac fracture". whistle

Old Post May 27th, 2005 03:19 AM
Click here to Send SixOfTwelve a Private Message Find more posts by SixOfTwelve Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Shaggy2dope
Blaze ya dead homie

guys dont you remember at the end of the movie what palpatine said when anakin asked is she was alright palpatine said when anakin put a choke on padme it was too strong so she didn't have too much time to live you can be healthy and be close to dieing thats why they performed surgery quickly

I Like Faygo!

Old Post May 27th, 2005 03:21 AM
Click here to Send Shaggy2dope a Private Message Find more posts by Shaggy2dope Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
SixOfTwelve
Blue Elephant Muppet

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Shaggy2dope
guys dont you remember at the end of the movie what palpatine said when anakin asked is she was alright palpatine said when anakin put a choke on padme it was too strong so she didn't have too much time to live you can be healthy and be close to dieing thats why they performed surgery quickly

Hm. To me it seemed quite obvious that Palpatine had no idea how Padme died and just told Vader this version to take his last grip on humanity, goodness and "the light side of the Force" from him and to ensure that Palpatine is the only person left to whom Vader can really relate.

That reminds me, I have to rewatch the new Emperor scene in TESB to see how the end of ROTS reflects on that... Vader's "How is that possible?" makes a lot more sense now.

Old Post May 27th, 2005 03:26 AM
Click here to Send SixOfTwelve a Private Message Find more posts by SixOfTwelve Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Shaggy2dope
Blaze ya dead homie

i thought anakin should have beaten obi one so retarted if you beat the game you can change the ending!

I Like Faygo!

Old Post May 27th, 2005 03:28 AM
Click here to Send Shaggy2dope a Private Message Find more posts by Shaggy2dope Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote