Yoda's Final Battle

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

czkarl
** I am no star wars expert**

** I base my theory on typical "force/magic beliefs from many different fantasy worlds. **

It seems to me that in most novels and stories involving the force (or magic call it what you will in the end it gives you powers not normal obtained by people) If you consume too much of the force/magic it can have irreversible effects such has weakened abilities or even burn outs where you are no longer able to use your once powerful gift.

Is it possible that Yoda suffered this weakened state/burnout at the end of ROTS. I, for one can't recall him using the force after that battle. I however, have not seen the older star wars in some years now. Though he may of used the force during the training of Luke.

It just seems like that final match was just to equally match for a being such has Yoda to give up. Yoda has Palp beat in sword skills and was a especially adapt at defending himself from the force, however not truly using it either. Its just a little something I cooked up watching the movie a second time.

Please don't flame me to bad I was just curious.
Please enlighten me has to why this is improbable too.

CzKarl

Jedi Styles
He did use the force during the training of Luke to have Luke believe that the Force was for real... He lifted his X-wing out of the swamp...

But yeah, I agree as to why didn't Yoda try to do anything else after he blew back the force lighting...

Who knows.. I loved that scene but I guess there wouldn't be much of an Episode IV, V and VI if Yoda did overcome the Emperor.

mysterio69
of course he used the force in the ot. he lifted the x-wing out of the swamp.

Robin Darkside
In Ep VI, he was old and weak, as Yoda said, so he was probably gradually losing his powers before he died.

When he fought Palpy, I bet you he wasn;t in his prime

Jedi Styles
I just said that.... Yoda is 900 when we see him again in Episode V... or wiat was that 4... I think it was 5.

orkaz
800 smile

orkaz
"for 800 year old you are, you not look so good hmmmm?"- yoda

Darth Bong
I believe it was "When 900 years old you reach, look as good you will not." smokin'

((The_Anomaly))
^^ yep thats the correct quote

Wickerman
Originally posted by Darth Bong
I believe it was "When 900 years old you reach, look as good you will not." smokin'

correct thumb up

however, as others have said, he did lift the x-wing. But it seemed to have its toll on him as before he did stuff like that and more difficult without breaking a sweat.

~wickerman~

Robin Darkside
no its "When 900 years old you reach, look as good you're not, hmm"

DeVi| D0do
YODA: "When 900 year old you reach, look as good you will not."

Jedi Styles
Yoda is stated as being 875 years old when we meet him again in Episode II... From the Episode II Yoda Trailer... Right?

orkaz
OK i realise i was wrong in that quote will people stop correcting me already!!! i got confused with the fact in ESB he stated he'd been training jedi 4 800 years,

orkaz
Originally posted by Wickerman
correct thumb up

however, as others have said, he did lift the x-wing. But it seemed to have its toll on him as before he did stuff like that and more difficult without breaking a sweat.

~wickerman~

a think it was mainly due to the special effect restrictions back then, i mean he was a puppet so they couldn't have him do anything to fancy!

green dude
true did they use pupet in Rots? and how did they get pupet to move mouth so well ?

But if long he has lived wouldn't strength he have in force ? but will along with spirit and body strength fail ?

Will grow and perish with them strength with force?

And how dose luke see the images of the 3 dead guys Obi Yoda and Ani ?

Answer these will you ? or ingnor me you will? hmm ? confused

czkarl
As for Luke seeing Yoda Ben and Ana. I think that was the path to immortality that Yoda mentioned *S*Quigon*P* obtianed.

chilled monkey
czkarl: Interesting theory, but I don't think Yoda had a 'burn-out' such as you describe it. As pointed out, he still used the Force just fine in the OT.

If Palpatine's identity had been unravelled earlier, Yoda would have wiped him out (and he came very close as it was). The only reason Sidious was able to hold out was that Yoda wasn't at his peak. He was heartsick over the deaths of all but one of his family (the Jedi).

czkarl
Good point about the deaths of his beloved Younglings and Jedi friends. It apperas that to be at your peak you must be in complete emotional control of yourself. I'm sure he wouldn't of been in control with his world going upside down infron of him.

On a side note. durrr yea I forgot the X-wing thing.... revise that to be possible weakend by the fight + his age + the lose of his only way of life to that point. I imagine losing everything you has known for 900 or so years is kinda devistating.

Yuxa
yoda fight with palpatine was his last one. then he became a trainer for luke.

green dude
Yodas had a hard life he live 900 hundred years his real family dead his kind dead his friends dead and his pupils dead. Hard the life of goods it is loss and pain find you it will saddness death will bring sad

I would want to kill the Sith i think the Sith destoried his home world.

So i would want to get rid of Sideous as soon as possible but if you ask me Yoda took all that pretty well losing everything in one day including his friend to darkside man talking about a bad day. sad

I would go mad or be crying like hec but he stays normal and kicks his butt i think that why he tried to run cuz Green 900 year old guy with super agility and Super Force power and a JEDI MASTER ANDTRAINER OF YOUNGLINS AND JEDI FOR 8 centries and is very angry this i what he would look like miffed: mad i would would run for the hills rolling on floor laughing.

chilled monkey
Exactly. The fact that Yoda fares so well despite everything that happened is testament to his willpower and emotional control.

The Sith destroyed his home world? I had no idea.

Darth Bong
Where did you hear that the Sith destroyed his homeworld? smokin'

Jedi Styles
Originally posted by green dude
true did they use pupet in Rots? and how did they get pupet to move mouth so well ?

Using animatronics and cgi.... Animatronics is great technology and used in many major films...

jabbar
Originally posted by Jedi Styles
Yoda is stated as being 875 years old when we meet him again in Episode II... From the Episode II Yoda Trailer... Right?

No! 875.5 years old !! Mwe he he!!

*makes fun of star wars geeks*

masterwindu
i think dagobah was his home planet, i mean of all planets why the wet 1? stick out tongue

Jedi Styles
No because the Expanded Universe says that a Sith was killed by a nearby cave or tree (whether by Yoda or not, i forget), but his dark force eminates there and Yoda went there to not be sensed. Since this area is so concentrated in the darkside, his precense in the light side would be in turn cancelled and go undedected by The Sith looking for him...

yeah that was geeky... lol

Darth Bong
Dagobah may have been his home planet. But, there is no evidence to back it up. And if he was trying to hide he would pick a planet that nobody would expect a Jedi Master to hide at. smokin'

Pogel
Originally posted by chilled monkey
. He was heartsick over the deaths of all but one of his family (the Jedi).

Gee, what a wimp!
That bugged me. Why is he so dam emotional when all the Jedi died?
I mean, of course he senses it, but he needs to control himself like a man, like Jedi, not give in to his instincts and emotions like a dumb animal.

Sidious simply was stronger. He was stonger then Mace, he was stronger then Yoda, he was stronger (and smarter!!) then 1000s of Jedi, only Anakin could defeat him.

Darth_Rankkor
Originally posted by Pogel
Gee, what a wimp!
That bugged me. Why is he so dam emotional when all the Jedi died?
I mean, of course he senses it, but he needs to control himself like a man, like Jedi, not give in to his instincts and emotions like a dumb animal.

Sidious simply was stronger. He was stonger then Mace, he was stronger then Yoda, he was stronger (and smarter!!) then 1000s of Jedi, only Anakin could defeat him.

Animals are not dumb but by your post I bet you're Happy Dance

Pogel
I think I make a valid point by saying that Yoda is far too much controlled by his emotions.
Reason and Logic should always win over emotion and instincts. That is the flaw.

But of judging by your answer and that completely unrelated dancing banana, I don't expect you to understand.

jerlark386
Originally posted by Pogel
I think I make a valid point by saying that Yoda is far too much controlled by his emotions.
Reason and Logic should always win over emotion and instincts. That is the flaw.

But of judging by your answer and that completely unrelated dancing banana, I don't expect you to understand.

Yoda barely showed enough emotion, all he did was drop a cane.

Do you think you would be as calm and collective afterwards if all of your family were to die?

If so, then you're a cold bastard. You capitalized Reason and Logic as if they're your gods. Don't you have any feelings? Any loved ones? Do you have a heart? A soul?

If logic dictates all your actions then what is your reason for existence?
The greatest ideas of all time at one point seemed unreasonable.

Look at the very medium you are using now.
Take this quote for instance

"The reasonable man adapts himself to the world, but the unreasonable man tries to adapt the world to him--therefore, all progress depends upon the unreasonable man."

matreid
With all of the jedi deaths I think it weakened his ability to use the force.

Darth_Rankkor
Originally posted by matreid
With all of the jedi deaths I think it weakened his ability to use the force.

Don't agree. For being in absolute harmony with the force, it's exactly why yoda feels all the jedi being killed. Maybe he doesn't know exactly what's happening but he knows that something is terribly wrong, plus he doesn't get caught by the troopers surprise attack (one more reason that he wasn't unnable to use the force)

chilled monkey
Originally posted by jerlark386
Yoda barely showed enough emotion, all he did was drop a cane.

Do you think you would be as calm and collective afterwards if all of your family were to die?

If so, then you're a cold bastard. You capitalized Reason and Logic as if they're your gods. Don't you have any feelings? Any loved ones? Do you have a heart? A soul?

"The reasonable man adapts himself to the world, but the unreasonable man tries to adapt the world to him--therefore, all progress depends upon the unreasonable man."

Well said.

And if Yoda was 'weakened', he still owned Palpatine.

melenor
i read alot and in the book yoda thinks like this"yoda relized in the fight i have been training i knew it would come and i was the best but i trained for the worng reason i have not changed they have, the jedi should change." i might have done that worng but yoda perpared for the fight and lost and knows jedi s must change and jedi phlisopher is worng they need to love and before anyone say's this ankain briught balence to the force. think of the force as a balence the balence leaned too hevily to the light and he changed it and then the balence changed and he corrected it again.

Darth_Rankkor
Originally posted by chilled monkey
Well said.

And if Yoda was 'weakened', he still owned Palpatine.

No he didn't

Pogel
If so, then you're a cold bastard. You capitalised Reason and Logic as if they're your gods. Don't you have any feelings? Any loved ones? Do you have a heart? A soul?

Interesting. However, you do realise your logic is flawed, because if I were cold and emotionless you would be unable to reach me with this polemic speech.

What is your reason for existing if your actions are not all dictated by logic?
What do you think the greatest ideas of all times were? It can be pretty subjective, based on whether you are a hedonist or nihilist.

And this proves which theory?
You know, quoting other people is just a sign you have run out of own arguments.

Please note I don't want to get into a fight here, so I'll bail.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.