God Of War

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

DarkDethbringer
God of War is a super awesome game. I got it a few hour's ago, after the first minute or two I was totally sucked in! by the way is there a video-game discussion forum?

alic88
yes there is. search for it u'll find it. thread is gonna get moved

Jackie Malfoy
What does this have to do with anything?jm

Ketchuptome
I like the game.The commercial was kool

DarkDethbringer
It's a sweet game you have puzzles and combat and the puzzles move seamlessly into combat! If you have a spare 50 dollar's laying around get it!!!! it's worth all you spend you get to do amazing arrays of combat and it never get's old! anyway you should buy it!!

ScarletSpider
I agree. This is simply one of the best games I've ever played. It's brutally interactive with special finishing moves and the like.

Ketchuptome
Yep.Like when u have sex and the vase falls..
Hilariuos!!!

ChickinMeat
http://img.penny-arcade.com/2005/20050327l.jpg

props to PA, great comic

SnakeEyes
I am not trying to diss the game or anything, but what makes it so great?

ZomBiE_HunTER
I played the demo and its amazing I love the betiful combos and there so easy to pull off.

hotsauce6548
The graphics are amazing for the PS2. I haven't plaed it yet, but the kids in my school love it, and a few already beat it.

SnakeEyes
So is this game worth buying?

ZomBiE_HunTER
It's a good game and it's new game which means its not just another squel so I highly recommend this game if you dont mind the nudity and major violence.

DarkDethbringer
Uh yeah it's worth buying I bought it about 4 deays ago I almost bought GTA: San Andreas but I already played that, any way it is one of my favorite games of all time and it got a perfect 10 out of 10 !!

SnakeEyes
But what is cooler: God of War or Half-life 2?

SnakeEyes
Just bought God of War today...

shangheid
I just got it today aswell...it is one of the best games i've ever played(of course) thumb up

SnakeEyes
I played for about an hour and a half straight without realizing how much time had gone by! This game is kickass!

SnakeEyes
Trying to get Pandora's Box and stuff... Those Medusa things are gay as hell!

powerfulone1987
I am in the temple to trying to get pandoras box.

The commercial for the game didn't really attract me, I thought the game would be stupid and not my type of game, but I look at the game channel and they had an half hour program about the game and how it was made and stuff in it.

It is the program that convinced me to buy this game. When I would hear the creators talk about how it was different from any other game and this is what these types of games should be like and how they were pushing the bar, I was like give me a break, how much can you praise you own game to death, yall are just trying to sell yall game and of course yall think it's the best, yall made it. But when I played it, i was blown away and was like, yeah they sure were telling the truth, they knew what they were talking about and the game deserved every bit praise that it got.

I highly recommend this game, if you like crucial violence and gore and other very mature content (you other god of war owners know what I mean).

DarkDethbringer
A-men!! i'm in the upper levels of the temple of Pandora.

powerfulone1987
I think that I am near getting the box. Have you gotten into the skeleton door yet?

SnakeEyes
nope

ZomBiE_HunTER
Im in the Hell level.

shangheid
I beat it today...it's to short sad miffed

JKozzy
I heard it has a great replay value, though.

SnakeEyes
I beat the lower levels of the Pandora place and now I am at the part right after you kill those Jackal things.

ZomBiE_HunTER
I was on the final form of Ares and all of a sudden it FROZE on me which sucks big time because it took me forever to beat the second.

SnakeEyes
I beat it last night. It was too short, but definitely the best game I have played all year...

ZomBiE_HunTER
Number two is coming out.

SnakeEyes
OOOOOOOHHHH! When?

powerfulone1987
The big problem with this game is it freezes a lot and the screen transitions around the environments kind of funny, like a wave will go up and down the screen on certain parts. And also my screen will somedowns change it's shade of color and go to a darker tone.

But other than this stuff, the game is really good, I have no regrets.
When is the second one coming out.
Please people, don't give too much away.

ZomBiE_HunTER
Yea i had a couple of glichtes and if you watch the extra footage you unlocked the creator tells you about the second one.

DarkDethbringer
I beat it a few weeks ago I meant to get on but my computer wasn't working! the ending blew me away!

DarkDethbringer
sweet a second and if you mean about the char models he said "IF we make a second one"

long pig
This game isnt that great, its a rip off of Prince of Persia and any silly puzzle game you might find. Its a 6 out of 10 imo

powerfulone1987
Originally posted by ZomBiE_HunTER
Yea i had a couple of glichtes and if you watch the extra footage you unlocked the creator tells you about the second one.

I hate how you have to beat the entire game to unlock all of the footage.

It would be better if some stuff could unlock while you were playing the game, then you could look at the stuff more often and while playing the game.

Because I know after I finish the game and look through all of the extra unlocked features, I am not going to cut the game back on just to look at the cg animated scenes or extra footage, even if I want to, because I just wouldn't have the motivation since I have finished the game.
But if I was still playing the game then whenever I popped it in to play then I would look at unlocked stuff for a while and then go and play the game, but with the game finished already, I am not popping the game back in to watch special unlocked stuff.

DarkDethbringer
Originally posted by long pig
This game isnt that great, its a rip off of Prince of Persia and any silly puzzle game you might find. Its a 6 out of 10 imo
Dude why did you destroy this place we had fun without youre gay-ass "it's a rip off of Prince of Persia" and no it is not and have you played it? have you ever been excited to play it or did you just play it to see if it was good or to disprove a friend and last do you even like Mytholigy?!

SnakeEyes
Originally posted by long pig

Ummmm, I have God of War and PoP and they are not really that alike. There are puzzles and that is pretty much it...

ragesRemorse
is this game really worth buying?

powerfulone1987
yup, sure is.

shangheid
Yeah it's very good

ZomBiE_HunTER
GOW is influenced by PoP but it isnt a rip off.

shangheid
Yeah I even think it's better then PoP

SnakeEyes
Me too...

ChickinMeat
hmmm, you say GoW is better than PoP, yet i am an avid PoP fan, so maybe i should look into GoW?

shame i have 0 money

powerfulone1987
yup, it is a shame

shangheid
Yeah ...maybe sell some games to gamestop...

powerfulone1987
umm

ragesRemorse
How is God of war influenced by prince of persia? I thought they were two different gameplay styles.

ZomBiE_HunTER
Watch the specials and David Jaffe will tell you what GOW is influence by.

ragesRemorse
the gameplayfor the two games are different though

ZomBiE_HunTER
GOW is infueneced by many games.

powerfulone1987
do you any of yall plan to replay this game or have any of yall replayed it?

SnakeEyes
I am gonna wait a while to replay it, so that it is somewhat fresh the next time around...

powerfulone1987
the only thing I look forward to after I beat the game are the in game movies.

To me those are the best parts of any game and motivate me to play games.

st41k3r
this game is frigging tight as hell man! i recomend it....definatly
i'v gotten past killing medusa...so if you need help on stuff before that let me know.
I give it a 12/10

Maestro
next time, go search if this thread has already been made.

st41k3r
srry...damn

hotsauce6548
Hehehe, don't worry, this is only, like, the 50th thread made on this game. wink

st41k3r
it is really good

ragesRemorse
yes, it really is good. I just recently beat it on God mode. smile

st41k3r
holy shit dude! i havent even beat the game! (im on normal difficalty)

ragesRemorse
yeah, it wasnt the easiest task, but the reward at the end made it worth it, even if it is stupid. Theres only been two games that kept my interest enough to replay on the highest difficulty setting. That was onimusha and god of war.

powerfulone1987
I feel so dumb because I am stuck on a part in God of War and I never thought to ask for help. So here goes.

I am on the part where there is this big door and you uses this machine that shoot wood with it but it doesn't break it. You have to go further in and then you go up these stairs and there's this door that's pitch black on the other side.
You then find a challenge and all of these Half man half horse things come out and these black circles show up on the floor and you have to make some kind of sacrifice and I don't know what to do.
I beat a bunch of those man-horse creatures and nothing happened and I don't know what the black circles on the floor are for.
Can anyone help me get past this part. Thanks.

hotsauce6548
Are you in Hades's place?

If you are, than you have to kill the centaurs in the circles, and that counts as a sacrifice.

ragesRemorse
Originally posted by powerfulone1987
I feel so dumb because I am stuck on a part in God of War and I never thought to ask for help. So here goes.

I am on the part where there is this big door and you uses this machine that shoot wood with it but it doesn't break it. You have to go further in and then you go up these stairs and there's this door that's pitch black on the other side.
You then find a challenge and all of these Half man half horse things come out and these black circles show up on the floor and you have to make some kind of sacrifice and I don't know what to do.
I beat a bunch of those man-horse creatures and nothing happened and I don't know what the black circles on the floor are for.
Can anyone help me get past this part. Thanks.

It sounds like you have overlooked a door. In the room where you fire those logs at the giant door, there is a very small boarded up doorway along the wall opposite the entrance to the room. Did you find that door? That was probably my biggest problem in the game, just because it wasnt highlighted very well.

powerfulone1987
Originally posted by ragesRemorse
It sounds like you have overlooked a door. In the room where you fire those logs at the giant door, there is a very small boarded up doorway along the wall opposite the entrance to the room. Did you find that door? That was probably my biggest problem in the game, just because it wasnt highlighted very well.

Yeah I found that door, I am talking about the room after the door where you have to fight the half man half horse things (Centaurs, I think) and make a sacrifice.

powerfulone1987
Originally posted by hotsauce6548
Are you in Hades's place?

If you are, than you have to kill the centaurs in the circles, and that counts as a sacrifice.

I don't know if I am in Hades Place, I think I am still in the Pandoras box segment, but thanks. If I am in the place you are talking about then I'll give it try, I tried it the first time but I'll try it again, maybe I wasn't completely in the dark circle. Thanks.

st41k3r
ok, you have to kill them in the blue circles...then the door will open.
wait untill you get to the part when you go to hell and have to climb up this turnning pole with blades on it and if u get sliced ones u fall to the ground....but after that you fight Aries and he is easy as hell....
ps. i beat that game! and every weapon upgrage to :MAX: except the blades of chaos.
just make sure you upgrade your "Blade of Atina" (or how ever its spelled)...it helps very much when you fight Aries.

powerfulone1987
Well I am no where near Aries yet so we must be talking about two different places.

Neil MeqVren
I already beat the game on normal and I thought Aries was a *****. Of course it doesn't help when your playing at 5 am. Now I'm trying between long breaks to beat god mode. No, I won't be staying up all night to beat it.

powerfulone1987
I don't think the game is good enough for me to want to play it again.

shangheid
http://www.killermovies.com/forums/f66/t332561.html

Use that thread please.

SaTsuJiN
I guess its safe to say that God of War woulda been a better purchase than Episode III : RoTS for xbox? blink

st41k3r
Originally posted by powerfulone1987
I don't think the game is good enough for me to want to play it again.

your kidding me??? your call, but i am working on god difficulty...f ucking hard! your health goes down reall fast!

SnakeEyes
Definitely

st41k3r
oh yea!
it dove me crazy!

vaya_the_elf
Have not played it yet, but it does look interesting.

st41k3r
its friggin awesome....really really hard on god mode though....
cant get past the 3 trolls before u enter pandora's temple....any hintz??

vaya_the_elf
Just three trolls?

Best way i would think would be fire, or explosives .. lol

Then shoot them many times.

I hate trolls.

powerfulone1987
Originally posted by st41k3r
its friggin awesome....really really hard on god mode though....
cant get past the 3 trolls before u enter pandora's temple....any hintz??

Get off of God Mode and play on a lesser difficulty level.

OR

Do on God Mode what you did on the other mode(s) to beat the Trolls.

Were these helpful?
I don't know.
Is this a waste of my and your time?
Probably so.
Do these "hints" serve any purpose?
Probably not.
Are these even "hints"?
I don't think so.
Did this help me kill some time?
You know it did.
Is this my last rhetorical question?
Sure is.

st41k3r
huh..alz i know is itz really....really hard! it pissed me off so much i just play "challenge of the gods" all the time

powerfulone1987
Can you remind me what Challenge of the Gods is.

I haven't beat the game yet.

I am stuck on the Centaur stage where you have to make a sacrifice.

As difficult as normal is, I wouldn't even think about playing a harder difficulty level.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.