Batmobile (Bat Begins) v Batmobile (Bat 1)

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

mdbull73
Which Batmobile is better?

nigel45
The original Batmobile (Bats 1) is obviously the more classic look. But I like the Tumbler. The idea behind it alone sets it apart, and it's practicality makes it so much more realistic and cool.

mickb77
go the tumbler upgraded story line upgraded accesories it was a bit bit of a stretch but it worked i think

mdbull73
i like the original batmobile.

BUt almost everything else about Batman begins was better.

ImmortalOne
But it was more retro......... more old fashioned

Compare the batarang form BForever to BBegins, the BB looks rusted !!!

Red Superfly
Well the Batarangs now look pretty intimidating. Like ninja death stars but in the shape of a bat, and not used for death.

The Batarangs in the previous movies (all of them) didn't look fit to slice gravy.

As for the Batmobile, I prefer it. It's unstoppable and a perfect escape vehicle. It's also all-terrain, which none of the previous ones were. This Batmoblie does pretty much anything, whereas the previous ones were just cars.

Batman 1 Batman: "My car looks more slinky than yours"

Batman Begins Batman: "Sure does. Am I botherred though? I guess I'm not. I can go anywhere in this thing. I've been on the dunes of the Sahara, through the tropical rainforest and over mountainous terrains of New Zealand. Where have you been?"

Batman 1 Batman: "The M25"

Batman Begins Batman: "Oooooh, you'll be awesome against the Roadster and Tarmac-Man"

Batman 1 Batman: "STFU!"

bakerboy
Surely, the batman batmobile has a much better design that the one in batman begings, and is more faithful to the comics, but the one in batman returns worked much better than i thought. The car chase scene was incredible.

SpyCspider
you mean "the one in Batman Begins" worked much better than you thought...not Batman Returns

I still like the original just cuz it's sleeker and can do a lotta things without "looking like it was meant to do them," while this new Batmobile....u see it and you know it's supposed to do some crazy sh*t.

Plus, the fact that Batman has to change positions (lie down) in order to fire stuff or jump makes it kind of unwieldy in my opinion.

bakerboy
Yeah, the one in batman begins. The one in batman returns was the same that in the first movie.

sultan kudarat
the tumbler kicks metroseual batmobiles anytime. though i had reservations at first glance, without seeing it in action no less, it works out more effectively for the batman.

Gregory
Like sultan kudarat, I didn't like the tumbler when I just saw the photos, but when I got to see it in action, I thought it kicked a**. I think the Batmobile in the first movie would have looked horribly out of place in BB.

vaya_the_elf
I'd have to go with the orginal, but I like both of them

Darth_Nefarus
The original is cooler, but the tumbler can f*** more s*** up

Red Superfly
I love both to be honest. It's a different world, so it needs a different car.

Batman Begins is a reset, and it calls for realism. That's the kind of car a REAL Batman would have. I love it. Batman Begins is about gritty realism. The Batmobile from Burtons world would make no sense. He would be laughed at.

The Batman/Returns car is for style, due to the fact Burtons movies were a lot more GOTHIC and there were a lot of artistic liberties taken with the designs.

They both work equally in their chosen styles and contexts.

Jamaican
I honestly prefer the one in the Keaton movies (as i think it's closer to the actual batmobile). BUT, as he had JUST started being Batman, i don't expect him to have this Fast, Sleek, Batman looking mobile that can out run anything and still shoot missiles/bullets etc. I think as time goes by, and more Bat-movies come out, you should see him move up with his gadgets/toys/cars...

Kieralinn
Originally posted by Jamaican
I honestly prefer the one in the Keaton movies (as i think it's closer to the actual batmobile). BUT, as he had JUST started being Batman, i don't expect him to have this Fast, Sleek, Batman looking mobile that can out run anything and still shoot missiles/bullets etc. I think as time goes by, and more Bat-movies come out, you should see him move up with his gadgets/toys/cars...

I agree with that. He took what was available to him...He'll get something designed to look sexy some day. He's got Fox to help him with it! big grin Though it totally rocks in the film..it didn't look that great at first.

And the original Batmobile '89/Returns did a lot of damage too. Blew up Axis chemicals..was shot at quite often(even at close range it was bullet proof, see Returns)... could stop on a dime... had fire blown at it with no effect.. had machine guns..could drive remote..had a protective shell..knocked over police cars (when penguin took it over in Returns it did a LOT of damage)... it could turn into that missle version to get through tight spaces...voice activated...had those grappling hooks to turn tight corners...had that big thing on the bottom so it could completely turn around in one spot...could shoot fire out the back,etc. Plus it just looked awesome!

http://www.javelinamx.com/Batmobile/89bm004.jpg

http://home.midsouth.rr.com/overnites/batmobile89.gif

MrHeavySilence
The Tumbler releases jags and spikes man!

I'd love to see it beefed up for a second film.

LousyBoy
Both are good in their own ways. But the tumbler is more suited to Begins and is more exciting to see in action.

pr1983
Originally posted by Kieralinn
http://home.midsouth.rr.com/overnites/batmobile89.gif

eek! sweet pic...

i'm a bit biased because the batman 89 batmobile is my favourite batmobile ever...

the tumbler is pretty cool... like some people i hated it in the promo pics, but its grown on me considerably...

For now the 89 version...

Mr Parker
Originally posted by mdbull73
i like the original batmobile.

BUt almost everything else about Batman begins was better.

Yeah I prefer the original one as well a lot better.Other than that,I will say everything else about Batman Begins was much better though except for the theme music of Batman 89.That was really cool.

Kieralinn
Originally posted by Mr Parker
Yeah I prefer the original one as well a lot better.Other than that,I will say everything else about Batman Begins was much better though except for the theme music of Batman 89.That was really cool.

The Danny Elfman score is incredible...not only in the 1st 2 films but also in B:TAS and it is still used once in a while under Batman in JLU. It's like the Star Wars theme...ingrained with the character.

Red Superfly
Well, the Elfman theme, we must remember, had a lot of exposure.

It not only featured in both of Burtons movies, it was played at the start and end of EVERY cartoon episode.

People should really remember that. I don't think, when 89 Batman came out, everyone was raving about the music. They would have only heard it twice.

We are, in a way, biased. I love the Elfman theme, but I know in my mind it's only because I have heard it at least fifty times, over and over, thanks to the movies and the cartoons.

I'm sure that if the Begins music is kept for the sequel, and used in a cartoon series like Elfmans was, it will become just as recognised.

Kieralinn
Actually....people were raving about the music back then. I was 19 when that came out and the theme music was just as big as Star Wars was when the first film came out or Jaws was. My friends and I were always doing the Da da da DA da da da...you know what I mean. In fact, when Batman Forever came out, the first thing most people noticed and complained about was the fact that they changed the theme music and went with the Goldenthal score. It just didn't have the same impact and made the Batman fight scenes or any of the action scenes feel wrong and not as exciting. People were always complaining.

Red Superfly
People were always complaining.

People always do.

If they used Elfmans score, people would complain that they didn't make a new one and start over. They'd complain it lacked originality and come up with all sorts of contrived crap, and, as usual, turn a negative aspect into the main focus of the movie, like everybody does.

Mainstream
Tumbler...Tu...mb..ler

bakerboy
Yeah, agree. I can only think in two things that batman and batman returns are better than batman beggins: the score and the batmobile.

Mainstream
I really like the Trumbler..considering Batman was being chased by the police that was the best kind of car for him...Batman a badass..so shouldn't his car be badass?

Mr Parker
The Danny Elfman score is incredible...not only in the 1st 2 films but also in B:TAS and it is still used once in a while under Batman in JLU. It's like the Star Wars theme...ingrained with the character.

Yeah so true. smile My favorite part of Batman 89 is the part where he has Vale in his Batmobile and he is driving her to the batcave.Watching him drive by the trees and then into the batcave and you hear the theme song.That theme song is just too cool in that scene.I have popped that tape in the vcr many times before just so I could watch that scene over and over.That is by far easily my favorite scene in the movie.Doesnt hurt that Kim Basinger-who was the best part of that movie, is in that scene either. big grin

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.