KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Comic Book Forums » Batman » Batmobile (Bat Begins) v Batmobile (Bat 1)

Batmobile (Bat Begins) v Batmobile (Bat 1)
Started by: mdbull73

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (2): [1] 2 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
mdbull73
ordinary member

Batmobile (Bat Begins) v Batmobile (Bat 1)

Which Batmobile is better?

Old Post Jun 18th, 2005 02:22 AM
mdbull73 is currently offline Click here to Send mdbull73 a Private Message Find more posts by mdbull73 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
nigel45
The Amazing

The original Batmobile (Bats 1) is obviously the more classic look. But I like the Tumbler. The idea behind it alone sets it apart, and it's practicality makes it so much more realistic and cool.

Old Post Jun 18th, 2005 02:41 AM
nigel45 is currently offline Click here to Send nigel45 a Private Message Find more posts by nigel45 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
mickb77

go the tumbler upgraded story line upgraded accesories it was a bit bit of a stretch but it worked i think

Old Post Jun 18th, 2005 04:10 AM
mickb77 is currently offline Click here to Send mickb77 a Private Message Find more posts by mickb77 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
mdbull73
ordinary member

i like the original batmobile.

BUt almost everything else about Batman begins was better.

Old Post Jun 18th, 2005 05:39 AM
mdbull73 is currently offline Click here to Send mdbull73 a Private Message Find more posts by mdbull73 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Psycho Ninja
Holy Vigilante

But it was more retro......... more old fashioned

Compare the batarang form BForever to BBegins, the BB looks rusted !!!

PSYCHO !!

Old Post Jun 18th, 2005 09:55 AM
Psycho Ninja is currently offline Click here to Send Psycho Ninja a Private Message Find more posts by Psycho Ninja Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Red Superfly
You creepy little stalker

Well the Batarangs now look pretty intimidating. Like ninja death stars but in the shape of a bat, and not used for death.

The Batarangs in the previous movies (all of them) didn't look fit to slice gravy.

As for the Batmobile, I prefer it. It's unstoppable and a perfect escape vehicle. It's also all-terrain, which none of the previous ones were. This Batmoblie does pretty much anything, whereas the previous ones were just cars.

Batman 1 Batman: "My car looks more slinky than yours"

Batman Begins Batman: "Sure does. Am I botherred though? I guess I'm not. I can go anywhere in this thing. I've been on the dunes of the Sahara, through the tropical rainforest and over mountainous terrains of New Zealand. Where have you been?"

Batman 1 Batman: "The M25"

Batman Begins Batman: "Oooooh, you'll be awesome against the Roadster and Tarmac-Man"

Batman 1 Batman: "STFU!"

Old Post Jun 18th, 2005 03:28 PM
Red Superfly is currently offline Click here to Send Red Superfly a Private Message Find more posts by Red Superfly Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
bakerboy

Surely, the batman batmobile has a much better design that the one in batman begings, and is more faithful to the comics, but the one in batman returns worked much better than i thought. The car chase scene was incredible.

John Lennon, Musical genius of all time

Helen Mirren and Julie Christie , most lovely british actresses of all time.

Old Post Jun 18th, 2005 03:46 PM
bakerboy is currently offline Click here to Send bakerboy a Private Message Find more posts by bakerboy Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
SpyCspider

you mean "the one in Batman Begins" worked much better than you thought...not Batman Returns

I still like the original just cuz it's sleeker and can do a lotta things without "looking like it was meant to do them," while this new Batmobile....u see it and you know it's supposed to do some crazy sh*t.

Plus, the fact that Batman has to change positions (lie down) in order to fire stuff or jump makes it kind of unwieldy in my opinion.

Old Post Jun 18th, 2005 04:16 PM
SpyCspider is currently offline Click here to Send SpyCspider a Private Message Find more posts by SpyCspider Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
bakerboy

Yeah, the one in batman begins. The one in batman returns was the same that in the first movie.

John Lennon, Musical genius of all time

Helen Mirren and Julie Christie , most lovely british actresses of all time.

Old Post Jun 18th, 2005 04:36 PM
bakerboy is currently offline Click here to Send bakerboy a Private Message Find more posts by bakerboy Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
super pr*xy

the tumbler kicks metroseual batmobiles anytime. though i had reservations at first glance, without seeing it in action no less, it works out more effectively for the batman.

Old Post Jun 18th, 2005 05:39 PM
super pr*xy is currently offline Click here to Send super pr*xy a Private Message Find more posts by super pr*xy Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Gregory
International Sex Symbol

Like sultan kudarat, I didn't like the tumbler when I just saw the photos, but when I got to see it in action, I thought it kicked a**. I think the Batmobile in the first movie would have looked horribly out of place in BB.

Old Post Jun 18th, 2005 06:44 PM
Gregory is currently offline Click here to Send Gregory a Private Message Find more posts by Gregory Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
vaya_the_elf
You know you love elves

I'd have to go with the orginal, but I like both of them

Old Post Jun 18th, 2005 06:47 PM
vaya_the_elf is currently offline Click here to Send vaya_the_elf a Private Message Find more posts by vaya_the_elf Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Darth_Nefarus
Redi Knight

The original is cooler, but the tumbler can f*** more s*** up

Old Post Jun 18th, 2005 07:33 PM
Darth_Nefarus is currently offline Click here to Send Darth_Nefarus a Private Message Find more posts by Darth_Nefarus Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Red Superfly
You creepy little stalker

I love both to be honest. It's a different world, so it needs a different car.

Batman Begins is a reset, and it calls for realism. That's the kind of car a REAL Batman would have. I love it. Batman Begins is about gritty realism. The Batmobile from Burtons world would make no sense. He would be laughed at.

The Batman/Returns car is for style, due to the fact Burtons movies were a lot more GOTHIC and there were a lot of artistic liberties taken with the designs.

They both work equally in their chosen styles and contexts.

Old Post Jun 18th, 2005 07:46 PM
Red Superfly is currently offline Click here to Send Red Superfly a Private Message Find more posts by Red Superfly Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Jamaican

I honestly prefer the one in the Keaton movies (as i think it's closer to the actual batmobile). BUT, as he had JUST started being Batman, i don't expect him to have this Fast, Sleek, Batman looking mobile that can out run anything and still shoot missiles/bullets etc. I think as time goes by, and more Bat-movies come out, you should see him move up with his gadgets/toys/cars...

Image created by - PXLFX
[email protected]

Old Post Jun 19th, 2005 09:54 PM
Jamaican is currently offline Click here to Send Jamaican a Private Message Find more posts by Jamaican Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Kieralinn

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Jamaican
I honestly prefer the one in the Keaton movies (as i think it's closer to the actual batmobile). BUT, as he had JUST started being Batman, i don't expect him to have this Fast, Sleek, Batman looking mobile that can out run anything and still shoot missiles/bullets etc. I think as time goes by, and more Bat-movies come out, you should see him move up with his gadgets/toys/cars...

I agree with that. He took what was available to him...He'll get something designed to look sexy some day. He's got Fox to help him with it! big grin Though it totally rocks in the film..it didn't look that great at first.

And the original Batmobile '89/Returns did a lot of damage too. Blew up Axis chemicals..was shot at quite often(even at close range it was bullet proof, see Returns)... could stop on a dime... had fire blown at it with no effect.. had machine guns..could drive remote..had a protective shell..knocked over police cars (when penguin took it over in Returns it did a LOT of damage)... it could turn into that missle version to get through tight spaces...voice activated...had those grappling hooks to turn tight corners...had that big thing on the bottom so it could completely turn around in one spot...could shoot fire out the back,etc. Plus it just looked awesome!

(please log in to view the image)

Last edited by Kieralinn on Jun 21st, 2005 at 06:05 AM

Old Post Jun 21st, 2005 06:02 AM
Kieralinn is currently offline Click here to Send Kieralinn a Private Message Find more posts by Kieralinn Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
MrHeavySilence

The Tumbler releases jags and spikes man!

I'd love to see it beefed up for a second film.

Old Post Jun 21st, 2005 08:30 AM
MrHeavySilence is currently offline Click here to Send MrHeavySilence a Private Message Find more posts by MrHeavySilence Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
LousyBoy

Both are good in their own ways. But the tumbler is more suited to Begins and is more exciting to see in action.

Old Post Jun 21st, 2005 02:53 PM
LousyBoy is currently offline Click here to Send LousyBoy a Private Message Find more posts by LousyBoy Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
-Pr-
Hey Yo!

Originally posted by Kieralinn

eek! sweet pic...

i'm a bit biased because the batman 89 batmobile is my favourite batmobile ever...

the tumbler is pretty cool... like some people i hated it in the promo pics, but its grown on me considerably...

For now the 89 version...

Fuck Putin. Help Ukraine

Unicef
UN Refugee Agency
Red Cross

"What does not kill me... is not trying hard enough."

Old Post Jun 21st, 2005 05:24 PM
-Pr- is currently offline Click here to Send -Pr- a Private Message Find more posts by -Pr- Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Mr Parker

Originally posted by mdbull73
i like the original batmobile.

BUt almost everything else about Batman begins was better.

Yeah I prefer the original one as well a lot better.Other than that,I will say everything else about Batman Begins was much better though except for the theme music of Batman 89.That was really cool.

Old Post Jun 21st, 2005 08:07 PM
Mr Parker is currently offline Click here to Send Mr Parker a Private Message Find more posts by Mr Parker Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote