Timeline on the construction of the death star

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

kalsemo
Ok, now since Anikan's downfall happened relatively quick, (I'm not talking quick as in movie time, but quick as in story plot.... but then again the movie time was quick for that matter anyway) how come at the end all of the sudden you see them looking at the death star? Could the construction have had happened THAT quickly or had palpatine already started building it before he seduced anikan? And if so, wouldn't that have aroused suspicion of everyone in the universe? Like as in looking at the construction, "hey what are they building over there?" (kind of like when you see something new in your neighborhood it piques your curiosity).... so how could palpatine have hidden that under wraps for so long...... or, had it just been built literally overnight once he seduced anikan???? .... maybe this is a good question for "Clerks" director kevin smith!!!!

Ani's Girl
I've been meaning to ask this also... at the end of III when Sidious and Vader are looking at the partially constructed Death Star, is that old footage of the guy from IV on the deck as they are panning in? It reminds me of the guy on IV until he takes his leave of them and that is a closer shot. I just don't remember a scene like that in IV, perhaps it was deleted?

Ogami Itto
no i don't think so just a "younger tarkin" lookalike

PVS
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v499/PVS/1.gif

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v499/PVS/2.gif

Darth Vegas
^^^^ Speaking of time, I think someone has a little too much time on their hands.

PVS
anyway, their galaxy consists of thousands of systems, many of which are probably not even inhabited. its a big universe. im sure they can find a hiding spot.

PVS
Originally posted by Darth Vegas
^^^^ Speaking of time, I think someone has a little too much time on their hands.

only took slightly over 2 minutes
and if it will educate others, time well spent.

-command+shift+3 on a mac for screen capture,
-open in photoshop
-write using handy wacom pen tablet
-save

not very time consuming at all

PVS
anyway kalsemo, dont take that as a personal shot.
you've actually made some pretty decent threads, the exception being this.

Echuu
Originally posted by PVS
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v499/PVS/1.gif

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v499/PVS/2.gif

laughing laughing laughing laughing laughing laughing

Nice!

PVS
Originally posted by PVS
anyway kalsemo, dont take that as a personal shot.
you've actually made some pretty decent threads, the exception being this.

just wanted to repeat that

kalsemo
Thank you PVS... I guess the thing is I am new to the Star Wars world of geekdom... and also new to this cool forum... so maybe I'm not was well-trained on what to say or where to look.... but I still love this forum!!! Even the funniest or most pointless threads are still a hoot to read!!!

Captain REX
How very blatant and straightforward, PVS. No one will read it. stick out tongue

Kalsemo, no worries, most new folk do this, so other 'privileged' people like to stick it to them to behave like they were born here. Pfft...

Anyway, on topic. Pretty sure the Empire didn't NEED a hiding spot. At one point, there was a rumor that the Death Star(s) were built over Coruscant.

kalsemo
My question was, how come the death star was there all of the sudden considering Palpatine's seduction of Anikan to the dark side only took a short time? Palpatine couldn't have known for sure that Anikan would be seduced (until it actually happened). So, was the construction an overnight rush job once he knew he had anikan in the palm of his hand, or had he been working on it all along anyway? And if he had been working on it all along, how could he not have aroused suspicion?

DeVi| D0do
WTF? The Death Star wasn't made for Vader! What the hell?!?

kalsemo
I've stated before in other posts I'm new to Star Wars geekdom so please bear with me... maybe I don't know the entire background of the death star.... if it wasn't built specifically because Vader had been seduced, then what was palpatine's vision for who would control the death star? was he gonna do it on his own? and then he just got lucky that Vader was seduced?

DeVi| D0do
Huh?!? Is anyone else confused?

PVS
dude, the deathstar would have been built regardless.
there ARE some parallels between the deathstar and vader,
but in a cinematic way and having nothing to do with the plot.

grey fox
more likely palps had been building it soon after getting the plans from dooku vader just happened to be there when it was being built

PVS
i think grey fox is correct. they were pretty far into construction, so i think it began shortly after the finish of ep2.

DeVi| D0do
I agree... Tarkin was probably overseeing it.

Yay! Go Tarkin!

grey fox
boo tarkin (he blew up alderan damnit he should have taken out endor with all those stupid ewoks)

DeVi| D0do
George had the idea of sending Jar Jar to Alderaan at the end of Episode III. That would have made the destruction of the planet in Episode IV much more pleasureable. big grin

grey fox
indeed

DenKi
Na, Jar Jar wanted to die i think, since he was the one who caused all this mess

grey fox
Originally posted by DeVi| D0do
George had the idea of sending Jar Jar to Alderaan at the end of Episode III. That would have made the destruction of the planet in Episode IV much more pleasureable. big grin

i sensed a thousand voices crying out in fear and then nothing and after that a million voices crying out in pure joy

DeVi| D0do
laughing

Hahaha!

LordSorgo
Originally posted by kalsemo
Thank you PVS... I guess the thing is I am new to the Star Wars world of geekdom... and also new to this cool forum... so maybe I'm not was well-trained on what to say or where to look.... but I still love this forum!!! Even the funniest or most pointless threads are still a hoot to read!!!

People continusly thank this Cycnical, sarcastic Bastard.

PVS
maybe they like cynical, sarcastic bastards...erm

in which case...you're welcome dude big grin

LordSorgo
Originally posted by PVS
maybe they like cynical, sarcastic bastards...erm

in which case...you're welcome dude big grin

big grin

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.