Somebody Help!!!!!!!

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Dark Thor
some ppl keep on saying anakin is stronger than sidious, sidious is stronger than anakin, yoda stronger than anakin, and vice-versa. This is sooooooo confusing. somebody help me arrange these characters in ROTS from strongest to weakest

anakin
palpatine
yoda
obi-wan
mace

I APPRECIATE IT AND THANK YOU

Mist
make up your own mind then if your confused erm

DarkYoda
Simple answer: There is no definitive answer! Any given day, one of these people might be stronger than the other. In the end it is left up for you to decide. wink

matreid
Originally posted by DarkYoda
Simple answer: There is no definitive answer! Any given day, one of these people might be stronger than the other. In the end it is left up for you to decide. wink
yes

General Zodiac
They all die.

Wickerman
Originally posted by Dark Thor
some ppl keep on saying anakin is stronger than sidious, sidious is stronger than anakin, yoda stronger than anakin, and vice-versa. This is sooooooo confusing. somebody help me arrange these characters in ROTS from strongest to weakest

anakin
palpatine
yoda
obi-wan
mace

I APPRECIATE IT AND THANK YOU

Not a very simple answer

Anakin as we see him in ROTS wasn't more powerful than most you see there. In force power, he was as strong as Obi (seen when they fight and both try to force push the other). In lightsaber skills, he's inferior to all of them except for Obi Wan. I'd go so far as to say he's better than Obi and that the only real advantage Obi had was that his style was very defensive and he knew all of Anakin's moves from before.

Palpatine is stronger than Anakin and Obi Wan in ROTS by a mile. Now, some say Yoda could have taken him, or that Mace was actually winning. We can't say, but i think Mace was only winning because Sids was letting him win.

That said, the way i see things is:

1. Sidious and Yoda, tied for 1st place
2. Mace - this much is obvious
3. Obi Wan and Anakin tied for 3rd place in force power, with Anakin MAYBE a bit better in lightsaber control.

ps: this is all regarding the way we see them in ROTS, nothing more, nothing less.

~wickerman~

Ken Kenobi
Like Wickerman said, not an easy answer.

They all have their strong suits.

Wickerman
Originally posted by Ken Kenobi
Like Wickerman said, not an easy answer.

They all have their strong suits.

which is the reason for about 40% of the threads in the Star Wars vs. forum laughing

~wickerman~

Robin Darkside
yes, there is no right answer in a vs
Man, people should quit dealing in absolutes!

Wickerman
Originally posted by Robin Darkside
dealing in absolutes!

Somebody's been watching ROTS too many times roll eyes (sarcastic) .......you little sith you.....wink

~wickerman~

Robin Darkside
Originally posted by Wickerman
Somebody's been watching ROTS too many times roll eyes (sarcastic) .......you little sith you.....wink

~wickerman~

ahh, I'm the oposite, and I didn't have to watch it many times to know that sith deal with absolutes, and
I said not to deal with absolutes, so how am I sith?

DarkYoda
laughing

I agree... you can't think of these things as absolutes. No jedi or sith is perfect... they are all prone to errors and can make mistakes, no matter how powerful they are.

Cases in point: Sidious got pwned by an iron lung! Maul got chopped in half by a padawan, etc.

Wickerman
ahh, I'm the oposite, and I didn't have to watch it many times to know that sith deal with absolutes, and
I said not to deal with absolutes, so how am I sith?

Wow...you actually thought i was serious O_o cause....i...wasn't you know.....it was just funny you used ......err.....nevermind sad

~wickerman~

Robin Darkside
so many factors are involved when two are dueling, you cant say that the most powerful one is the one who wins (Hence, thinking in absolutes).
Anakin was more powerful, he didn't win, for example.
Just said an example between Anakin and Obiwan, not to start a argument

Wickerman
so many factors are involved when two are dueling, you cant say that the most powerful one is the one who wins (Hence, thinking in absolutes).
Anakin was more powerful, he didn't win, for example.
Just said an example between Anakin and Obiwan, not to start a argument

Anakin was NOT more powerful. He had the POTENTIAL to become more powerful. At the time of ROTS he wasn't more powerful than Obi. He however had the POTENTIAL to become that. More powerful than him, Sids and Yoda.

~wickerman~

Robin Darkside
ahh, I just said, not to start an argument, fine, I take it back

just saying as an example, non argumative, one is more powerful than the other, regardless.
I think your thinking in absolutes

DarkYoda
I believe Anakin and Obi-Wan were very evenly matched.

After Anakin turns to the darkside, the edge is given to Anakin. Anakin became more powerful... with that raw power, came a new weakness though... overconfidence!

Anakin controlled the entire duel on Mustafar until he slipped up. Obi-Wan was in defense mode the entire time.

Yet, Kenobi was more experienced, keeping his cool, and waiting for the opportune time.

It depends greatly on your own point of view... this is a whole other debate really... which side is stronger? The darkside or the lightside? I think in terms of raw power, Lucas has said the darkside is stronger. But ultimately, the lightside prevails in the end which means the lightside is really stronger. wink

Wickerman
I think your thinking in absolutes

I must be a sith cry

Anakin didn't control the entire duel on Mustafar one bit. Obi's style, Soresu is based on being EXTREMELY defensive, and only attacking when the opponent slips up. So he wasn't losing one bit...he was just waiting. That was his fighting style, and one of my favorites stick out tongue

~wickerman~

DarkYoda
Well, I don't know anything about different fencing styles really, but it appeared that Anakin was doing all of the aggression and attacking... throwing all of the power at Obi-Wan. Obi-Wan just sort of deflected it all around him and hid in a safe zone until Anakin did something stupid (which he knew Anakin would do wink ) And I never said Obi-Wan was losing... he was just in defensive mode. Anakin seemed to be the one working with all of the raw power. But it was basically ALL show.

LordSorgo
Originally posted by Wickerman
Wow...you actually thought i was serious O_o cause....i...wasn't you know.....it was just funny you used ......err.....nevermind sad

~wickerman~

Nice comeback, but there is something about it i just can't buy.... roll eyes (sarcastic)

LordSorgo
I believe Anakin and Obi-Wan were very evenly matched.

After Anakin turns to the darkside, the edge is given to Anakin. Anakin became more powerful... with that raw power, came a new weakness though... overconfidence!

Anakin controlled the entire duel on Mustafar until he slipped up. Obi-Wan was in defense mode the entire time.

Yet, Kenobi was more experienced, keeping his cool, and waiting for the opportune time.

It depends greatly on your own point of view... this is a whole other debate really... which side is stronger? The darkside or the lightside? I think in terms of raw power, Lucas has said the darkside is stronger. But ultimately, the lightside prevails in the end which means the lightside is really stronger. wink

Anakin NEVER slipped up. He was not under much control. You could see their faces that they were both harshly trying to destroy one another. Anakin never slipped. Anakin was a moron who decided to jump up to Obi Wan. I guarentee if that fight went on beyond that, Obi Wan would have walked out of it.

Wickerman
Well, I don't know anything about different fencing styles really, but it appeared that Anakin was doing all of the aggression and attacking... throwing all of the power at Obi-Wan. Obi-Wan just sort of deflected it all around him and hid in a safe zone until Anakin did something stupid (which he knew Anakin would do wink ) And I never said Obi-Wan was losing... he was just in defensive mode. Anakin seemed to be the one working with all of the raw power. But it was basically ALL show.

That's what Soresu is all about, being in defensive mode till the other one makes a mistake. Only problem is the other one may be more advanced in his own style, or you may get tired and slip up before he does.

Well...i don't really care, now do i? That was a convo between Robin and myself. He said "dealing in absolutes", i took it out of context to make it funny, he thought i was serious. End of story.

~wickerman~

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.