Maybe Maul and Tyranous should have been one character?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

DarkAge
Most peope think that Darth Maul looks cool, but he had like two lines and got killed off in Episode I. Count Dooku on the other hand at least had a back story and a personality. Maybe the two should have been one character, with Maul's appearance and Tyranous' manner, who was introduced in Episode I and killed off in Episode III. That would have made his death more significant as well.

p. skywalker
and caused half the movie to be re written!

exanda kane
No, Maul should be forgotten, he plays no relevance to the story. It wouldn't work if you had Maul's body because he doesn't look like anything else but an assasin. Dooku has the posture and presence of a powerful political figure and former Jedi and works.

I would've fought it would have been better if Ep.1 actually began with the events of Ep.2, with no Maul or annoying little Anakin. Anakin's backstory could have been explained easily this way with references, instead of an entire movie dedicated to it.
Ep.2 could have then taken place between the real Ep.2 and Ep.3 (The Clone Wars).

Dooku could've then playe a much more significant role and perhaps Maul could've been a small minion of the Seperatists etc.

Darth Zenemij
Maul served one purpouse and one only, to kill qui gon. He wasn't ready for Obis attack, so there, Dukoo would have been ready for the two of them.

DarkAge
Originally posted by exanda kane
I would've fought it would have been better if Ep.1 actually began with the events of Ep.2, with no Maul or annoying little Anakin. Anakin's backstory could have been explained easily this way with references, instead of an entire movie dedicated to it.
Ep.2 could have then taken place between the real Ep.2 and Ep.3 (The Clone Wars).

I agree with that much, Episode I was pretty much total drivel of no interest to anyone.

SithHappens
It would've given meaning to the character. I thnk it should go something like this: Darth Tyranus/Maul plays Maul's role in episode 1 but escapes after killing Qui Gon. He then plays a much bigger role in episode 2 where more of his back story and character are more developed. Then is killed after an awesome battle in episode 3.

theredbaron
You know what? Qui-Gon Jinn is just as useless and extraneous as Darth Maul. Obi-Wan only ever mentions Yoda as his Master and trainer in the original trilogy. The only thing George Lucas ultimately uses Qui-Gon for is that 'retaining your identity in the force' training at the end of EPIII. And that's merely to cover for the fact that the Jedi in the prequels didn't disappear when they died!

DiamondBullets
Not possible.

Maul was a Zabrak, and both Tyrannus and Sidious thought humans were superior to all. The ROTS novel even stated that none of the Seperatist leaders were human on purpose--thats what the Sith Lords wanted.

And I think exanda kane is right, Molly looks like nothing more than a thug-ass assassin. No way he could be as an eloquent political leader as Dooku. On top of all of that, I seriously cant see General Grevious taking orders from Maul.

theredbaron
He doesn't need to. I'm re-writing them all anyway.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.