KMC Forums

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Already a member? Log-in!

Home » Star Wars » Star Wars: Episode I, II & III » Maybe Maul and Tyranous should have been one character?

Maybe Maul and Tyranous should have been one character?
Started by: DarkAge

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
  Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
DarkAge
Stronger than fear

Maybe Maul and Tyranous should have been one character?

Most peope think that Darth Maul looks cool, but he had like two lines and got killed off in Episode I. Count Dooku on the other hand at least had a back story and a personality. Maybe the two should have been one character, with Maul's appearance and Tyranous' manner, who was introduced in Episode I and killed off in Episode III. That would have made his death more significant as well.

"Be yourself. Those who mind don't matter, and those who matter don't mind."

Old Post Jul 10th, 2005 02:17 AM
Click here to Send DarkAge a Private Message Find more posts by DarkAge Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
p. skywalker

and caused half the movie to be re written!

Old Post Jul 10th, 2005 02:45 AM
Click here to Send p. skywalker a Private Message Find more posts by p. skywalker Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
exanda kane

No, Maul should be forgotten, he plays no relevance to the story. It wouldn't work if you had Maul's body because he doesn't look like anything else but an assasin. Dooku has the posture and presence of a powerful political figure and former Jedi and works.

I would've fought it would have been better if Ep.1 actually began with the events of Ep.2, with no Maul or annoying little Anakin. Anakin's backstory could have been explained easily this way with references, instead of an entire movie dedicated to it.
Ep.2 could have then taken place between the real Ep.2 and Ep.3 (The Clone Wars).

Dooku could've then playe a much more significant role and perhaps Maul could've been a small minion of the Seperatists etc.

Bravely Calling Actors By Their Second Names

Old Post Jul 10th, 2005 08:09 PM
Click here to Send exanda kane a Private Message Find more posts by exanda kane Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
The Collector
Whatever

Maul served one purpouse and one only, to kill qui gon. He wasn't ready for Obis attack, so there, Dukoo would have been ready for the two of them.

I find it hard to tell you
I find it hard to take

Come Join Me At Vicious Intent p.m me if you join

Old Post Jul 11th, 2005 12:07 AM
Click here to Send The Collector a Private Message Find more posts by The Collector Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
DarkAge
Stronger than fear

quote: (post)
Originally posted by exanda kane
I would've fought it would have been better if Ep.1 actually began with the events of Ep.2, with no Maul or annoying little Anakin. Anakin's backstory could have been explained easily this way with references, instead of an entire movie dedicated to it.
Ep.2 could have then taken place between the real Ep.2 and Ep.3 (The Clone Wars).

I agree with that much, Episode I was pretty much total drivel of no interest to anyone.

"Be yourself. Those who mind don't matter, and those who matter don't mind."

Old Post Jul 11th, 2005 06:55 AM
Click here to Send DarkAge a Private Message Find more posts by DarkAge Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
SithHappens

It would've given meaning to the character. I thnk it should go something like this: Darth Tyranus/Maul plays Maul's role in episode 1 but escapes after killing Qui Gon. He then plays a much bigger role in episode 2 where more of his back story and character are more developed. Then is killed after an awesome battle in episode 3.

There is no death; there is the Force.

Old Post Jul 21st, 2005 11:49 AM
Click here to Send SithHappens a Private Message Find more posts by SithHappens Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
theredbaron

You know what? Qui-Gon Jinn is just as useless and extraneous as Darth Maul. Obi-Wan only ever mentions Yoda as his Master and trainer in the original trilogy. The only thing George Lucas ultimately uses Qui-Gon for is that 'retaining your identity in the force' training at the end of EPIII. And that's merely to cover for the fact that the Jedi in the prequels didn't disappear when they died!

Old Post Aug 14th, 2005 07:01 AM
Click here to Send theredbaron a Private Message Find more posts by theredbaron Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Darth Callous
Mitsu Racer Honda Hater

Not possible.

Maul was a Zabrak, and both Tyrannus and Sidious thought humans were superior to all. The ROTS novel even stated that none of the Seperatist leaders were human on purpose--thats what the Sith Lords wanted.

And I think exanda kane is right, Molly looks like nothing more than a thug-ass assassin. No way he could be as an eloquent political leader as Dooku. On top of all of that, I seriously cant see General Grevious taking orders from Maul.

Old Post Aug 14th, 2005 10:27 AM
Click here to Send Darth Callous a Private Message Find more posts by Darth Callous Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
theredbaron

He doesn't need to. I'm re-writing them all anyway.

Old Post Aug 14th, 2005 02:18 PM
Click here to Send theredbaron a Private Message Find more posts by theredbaron Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote