Flightplan

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

ariwin
I know that this isn't out until mid-september or something, but I just watched the trailer for Flightplan, the new Jodie Foster suspense film. Looks pretty cool, actually. I can always dig a new thriller. Has anyone else seen it?

MildPossession
Anything with Jodie Foster in has my eyes, looks like a good film from clips I have seen on television.

ariwin
Foster is one of the most underrated actresses in Hollywood, IMHO. She's VERY picky with the roles that she chooses to play.

forumcrew
im not sure how i feel about this one yet. I like the cast i think sean bean is a great supporting guy.. and i like Peter Sarsgaard a lot. But i dont love the idea of an airplane thriller.

cameron666
I think it looks horrible

DeVi| D0do
Doesn't actually look too bad... kinda the same feel as Panic Room which I liked.

Foster is a great actress, and Sean Bean is always good... if a tad typecast...

Cinemaddiction
Looks kind of silly if you ask me. So, ask me so I can tell you that.

DeVi| D0do
So, how do you think it looks, Cine? big grin

ariwin
Silly? Really?? I thinks its kinda nice after a summer of trite, boring BS that I feel like I've already seen a million times.

Such being said -- I don't understand claims that Sean Bean's already been typecast.

SnakeEyes
Looks like these plane-thriller movies will be the next trend. I agree with Cine. Looks pretty silly (or just not too interesting). I might see Red Eye, but this one doesn't look that good. The previews made it sound kind of cheesey as well... "One woman will take charge!" blah blah blah... Sean Bean's cool, but he's in like, every movie nowadays, so its not like that is something special about this film. As for Jodie Foster, I don't really like or dislike her. wink

ariwin
Foster is among Hollywood's finest -- she's one of the few actresses these days that THINKS before she choses a role.

Sean Bean used to be a delicacy, but he has been in a number of films this year. I, however, will never get sick of seeing him onscreen.

I guess we'll just have to see how the reviews are.

JamalMagloire
They just released this longer clip:

http://pdl.stream.aol.com/aol/us/moviefone/movies/2005/flightplan_022119/flightplan_extclip_01_dl.mov

Watch that and maybe you will sing a different tune-- it looks pretty decent from this clip...

djois
Yay! Jody Foster, finally doing her thing again! Might be good, have to wait and see..

supertruper
bump..

Ok I got to see an early screening last night that a friend so graciously took me to, and this movie was even better than I thought it would be. Great one to see in the theater - the plane and the effects were so freakin cool. And I had not predicted the ending - so I was trying to figure it out the whole time and it had me pretty stumped actually. Def recommend.

JamalMagloire
Originally posted by supertruper
bump..

Ok I got to see an early screening last night that a friend so graciously took me to, and this movie was even better than I thought it would be. Great one to see in the theater - the plane and the effects were so freakin cool. And I had not predicted the ending - so I was trying to figure it out the whole time and it had me pretty stumped actually. Def recommend.

You saw it already?!? Sooo lucky! I have a couple ideas for the ending, but don't know if any are actually correct. What does everyone think the ending is-- obviously no spoilers if you have already seen it! I want to be surprised.

pr1983
Originally posted by Cinemaddiction
Looks kind of silly if you ask me. So, ask me so I can tell you that.

really says alot when u have a transporter sig... stick out tongue

DanieLs_4_Ever
9/10 Saw it today. It was really good.

MildPossession
Apparently, if you have seen The Lady Vanishes, directed by Alfred Hitchcock then you can pretty much figure out Flight Plan. I'm sure I read in a magazine the film makers of Flight Plan admitting it's basically that film but on a plane and the story tweaked for younger audiences who would not have seen the film from the late 30's/early 40's.

Read a review that tore this movie to pieces wondering why Foster did the movie.

Cringe
looks like another "forgotten".

Wolfie
The Forgotten + a plane - interest = Flightplan

Mandorallen
Originally posted by pr1983
really says alot when u have a transporter sig... stick out tongue

terrible comment.

just terrible.

Cinemaddiction
Anycrap, saw "Flightplan" this morning and found it to be a very solid movie overall. There is some MINOR semblance to "The Lady Vanishes", but not so much so that it's a direct lift. There was a ransom demand of $50 Million dollars that was granted rather quickly, and was in all honesty, pretty goofy given there was no motive to found, other than greed.

Pretty clever plot devices, and an immaculate setting makes it worth atleast a rental.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.