Batman goes through gauntlet

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

masterbruce
1. Batgirl

2. Robin

3. Manbat

4. Clayface

5. Night Wing

6. Lady Shiva

7. Killer Croc

8. Bane (pumped with venom)

9. Azrael

10. Batman Beyond

11. Moon Knight

12. Dare Devil

13. Venom

1 day's rest between each round, how far does Bats get before he keels over from sheer exhaustion

note: batman does not have access to anything other than his belt

Zahit
I think Batman can go through all of them.

...he might need more than 1 day's rest though.....

Solidus Snake
bats beats them all

lady shiva gives the most trouble

masterbruce
Originally posted by Solidus Snake
bats beats them all

lady shiva gives the most trouble

you don't think fatigue is a factor?

Onikirimaru
If he only has his belt, and Im assuming you mean his "normal" belt with "normal" toys, I think He will run dry around Bane/Azreal level, since Im sure he'll have injuries from Nightwing/Shiva/Croc level.

masterbruce
Originally posted by Onikirimaru
If he only has his belt, and Im assuming you mean his "normal" belt with "normal" toys, I think He will run dry around Bane/Azreal level, since Im sure he'll have injuries from Nightwing/Shiva/Croc level.

yep, that's how far I see him getting

he might be able to get past Bane, but he would be too injured to beat Azrael

Wanderer259
The current Batgirl is actually Batman's martial arts superior. If he wins, it's due to being too tricky for her. I don't know if he'll win, but for the sake of not having him lose at the beginning, we'll say he does.

He'll make it through Robin pretty easily, as the current one is more of a detective prodigy than a physical prodigy like Grayson is; it's taken Tim a lot more effort to gain the skill he has now. I think Man-Bat and Clayface can wear a non-prep Batman out pretty fast. He might have the strength to continue onwards and, though doubtful, maybe beat Nightwing out, just barely. But he'll fall at Shiva. She's already too much for him, period.

who?-kid
Don't see how Batman will survive Venom (let alone beat him).

newjak86
Actuallf if you wanna know the truth i believe that Batman gets passed all of his students no problem. He taught them and one of the neat things about being a Master is you see how a person develops meaning you learn their lessons it's how an old master can beat his pupil even though the stident is more physiaclly gifted. Plus the villians he has fought before he knows how to take them down and as such he could probably take them down somewhat easily if hr knows that he is fighting them.

demigawd
The order is a little off on the gauntlet here. I have reservations about him getting past Batgirl. No way he's getting past Shiva after days of non-stop fighting.

As for his students, Batman didn't actually do much training of Batgirl and Robin. Batgirl was trained by her father, and Robin went out and trained with the people who trained Batman...and then some. Between the two of them, Batman is going to be surprisingly worn out. He gets past Batgirl on guile alone.

masterbruce
Originally posted by Wanderer259
The current Batgirl is actually Batman's martial arts superior. If he wins, it's due to being too tricky for her. I don't know if he'll win, but for the sake of not having him lose at the beginning, we'll say he does.

He'll make it through Robin pretty easily, as the current one is more of a detective prodigy than a physical prodigy like Grayson is; it's taken Tim a lot more effort to gain the skill he has now. I think Man-Bat and Clayface can wear a non-prep Batman out pretty fast. He might have the strength to continue onwards and, though doubtful, maybe beat Nightwing out, just barely. But he'll fall at Shiva. She's already too much for him, period.

very good analysis

and the batgirl I had in mind is the much weaker version

as for losing to Shiva, I disagree

I gave him a 24 hour rest, but batman only sleeps 3hours to get a full 8 hours rest due to his meditation techniques, so I don't see any serious damage before Shiva-level and think Bats will be able to take Shiva out

masterbruce
Originally posted by newjak86
Actuallf if you wanna know the truth i believe that Batman gets passed all of his students no problem. He taught them and one of the neat things about being a Master is you see how a person develops meaning you learn their lessons it's how an old master can beat his pupil even though the stident is more physiaclly gifted. Plus the villians he has fought before he knows how to take them down and as such he could probably take them down somewhat easily if hr knows that he is fighting them.

I agree that individually Batman can take everyone on the list with the exception of venom (who I added just to give people pause before they blurt out that batman wins easily), but remember, this is a gauntlet and you have to factor injuries sustained in previous rounds and fatigue

Solidus Snake
he gets a day's rest.

and he has his belt so its feasible.

batgirl will be overpowered by his strength
robin will be overpowered
bats will blind manbat with halon and smack him to the throat and crushes his windpipe.
night wing gets a few blows in but its not enough. bats is more skilled and stronger.
bats and shiva have similar skill, but hes stronger than she is and will overpower her.
killer croc will also get a face of halon. but bats would also gas him before risking to put him down.
bane is stronger when hes amped up. bats will go for some nerve strikes in bane's deltoids so that he cant move his arms and then bats will break banes knees whilst bane is struggling to get his arms to work.

azrael is a good fight. but hes not in bats league. bats's skill puts az down with some blows to the head. az may get in a few blows.

batman beyond: he is stronger but doesnt have batmans skill. batman will gunk up his eyes so he cant see and spray something down his throat

moon knight is stronger than bats depending on the moon cycle so he will use the same technique taht he used on bane. hed have to be fast though cause the knight is a dangerous foe. moon knight would definitely get some licks in.

daredevil. since dd's nose and ears are hyper sensitive, bats would tear gas him whilst at close range in melee combat to ensure he cant get away. with his nose messed up, bats goes sonic on him, and then beats him.

dd will land some blows as well however.

masterbruce
Originally posted by demigawd
The order is a little off on the gauntlet here. I have reservations about him getting past Batgirl. No way he's getting past Shiva after days of non-stop fighting.

As for his students, Batman didn't actually do much training of Batgirl and Robin. Batgirl was trained by her father, and Robin went out and trained with the people who trained Batman...and then some. Between the two of them, Batman is going to be surprisingly worn out. He gets past Batgirl on guile alone.

well, its not nonstop...he gets 24 hour rest after each round

plus, the batgirl I intended in this scenario is the weak inexperienced batgirl, i wouldnt have made the gauntlet so tough right at the beginning

Wanderer259
The only problem with that is that the current Batgirl did not receive her training from Batman. But it doesn't matter anyway, because apparently this is the Barbara Gordon version.

They might not leave him majorly impaired, but they'll leave some sort of mark, perhaps a slight injury. However, Shiva is already Batman's superior by far in the unarmed arts and he'd be hard pressed to beat her if he came in as fresh as the morning dew.

In any case, if he did beat her, she'd hurt him bad enough so that Waylon Jones/Killer Croc would drop him.

masterbruce
he gets a day's rest.

and he has his belt so its feasible.

batgirl will be overpowered by his strength
robin will be overpowered
bats will blind manbat with halon and smack him to the throat and crushes his windpipe.
night wing gets a few blows in but its not enough. bats is more skilled and stronger.
bats and shiva have similar skill, but hes stronger than she is and will overpower her.
killer croc will also get a face of halon. but bats would also gas him before risking to put him down.
bane is stronger when hes amped up. bats will go for some nerve strikes in bane's deltoids so that he cant move his arms and then bats will break banes knees whilst bane is struggling to get his arms to work.

azrael is a good fight. but hes not in bats league. bats's skill puts az down with some blows to the head. az may get in a few blows.

batman beyond: he is stronger but doesnt have batmans skill. batman will gunk up his eyes so he cant see and spray something down his throat

moon knight is stronger than bats depending on the moon cycle so he will use the same technique taht he used on bane. hed have to be fast though cause the knight is a dangerous foe. moon knight would definitely get some licks in.

daredevil. since dd's nose and ears are hyper sensitive, bats would tear gas him whilst at close range in melee combat to ensure he cant get away. with his nose messed up, bats goes sonic on him, and then beats him.

dd will land some blows as well however.

good scenarios, but I don't think you're factoring that as his enemies get stronger in rank, he's getting weaker and more injured...so by the time he's fighting azrael and beyond, he's far from peak condition

Solidus Snake
hey...u just added clayface and venom.

venom would be tricky. if he knows venoms weakness, hed throw gasoline on him and set him alight or hit him with a charge of napalm.

newjak86
Yes but that was what i was hinting at he would make it to shiva without much problems if you ask me. The first five fights would be nothing more than some mild to moderate exorcise for Bats so he wouldn't be that fatigued. If he can get past Shive without much harm then he can probably make it to Moon Knight without much injuries but by then the constant fighting everyday would start to take it's toll. He would get to Dare devil though where this could be a good fight anyway iwould think Batman would take it at the end. Altough once he gets to Venom it's over he'll be to worn out to really be much of a challenge for Venom. In fact Batman would have to be at his best to have even a chance at all.

Solidus Snake
Originally posted by masterbruce
good scenarios, but I don't think you're factoring that as his enemies get stronger in rank, he's getting weaker and more injured...so by the time he's fighting azrael and beyond, he's far from peak condition

he gets 24 hrs rest. he can do it with ease.

demigawd
The only problem with that is that the current Batgirl did not receive her training from Batman. But it doesn't matter anyway, because apparently this is the Barbara Gordon version.

They might not leave him majorly impaired, but they'll leave some sort of mark, perhaps a slight injury. However, Shiva is already Batman's superior by far in the unarmed arts and he'd be hard pressed to beat her if he came in as fresh as the morning dew.

In any case, if he did beat her, she'd hurt him bad enough so that Waylon Jones/Killer Croc would drop him.

Agreed. I don't think he'd get past Shiva, but if he did, he'd be in NO condition to get past Killer Croc.

Wanderer259
Shiva is far more skilled than Batman is and no degree of strength save for the superhuman kind, is going to factor in here much.

Azrael not in Batman's league? Again, you're overestimating Batman's hand-to-hand skills as it's the other way around. With the System, especially if he has a sword in hand or his daggers, Azrael is far more able than Batman. They've already fought... and Batman got trashed.

Solidus Snake
Agreed. I don't think he'd get past Shiva, but if he did, he'd be in NO condition to get past Killer Croc.

he gets rest ya know

just because hes in a fight doesnt mean he'll get hit. he fights smarter and not harder

Solidus Snake
Shiva is far more skilled than Batman is and no degree of strength save for the superhuman kind, is going to factor in here much.

Azrael not in Batman's league? Again, you're overestimating Batman's hand-to-hand skills as it's the other way around. With the System, especially if he has a sword in hand or his daggers, Azrael is far more able than Batman. They've already fought... and Batman got trashed.

nonsense...in "a death in the family" batman beat shiva to unconsciousness

bats will take down az. he'll go with the nerve strikes and teargas.

Wanderer259
That's very true, but this is Shiva that you're trying to argue against. She is, save perhaps Richard Dragon, the best. THE best. She will hurt Batman and she's an incredibly skilled assassin and thus his gas, etc. will do little to help his situation.

I don't think he'd beat Shiva, but for the sake of argument, we'll say he does. Realistically, he should be trashed and no matter what sort of super meditation techniques Batman employs, a day of recuperation simply won't be enough against someone as dangerous as Killer Croc. If he did, then he'd definitely fall at Bane.

Wanderer259
Bad writing, IMO.

masterbruce
just like in the comics then, Bane wil BREEAAAAK him

Solidus Snake
bane knew that he couldnt beat batman in a one n one so he initiated nightfall.

bane goes down.

Wanderer259
Yeah, he wore him down.

Which is exactly what's happening here with a gauntlet.

masterbruce
Bane is much smarter than people give him credit for

newjak86
I know he is a great tactican

demigawd
he gets rest ya know

just because hes in a fight doesnt mean he'll get hit. he fights smarter and not harder

Are you trying to say he can beat Shiva without getting hit?!?!?! I don't think Batman can beat Shiva in a no-prep situation, even at full power, much less after several days of fighting. Shiva has schooled Batman. More than once.

Solidus Snake
Are you trying to say he can beat Shiva without getting hit?!?!?! I don't think Batman can beat Shiva in a no-prep situation, even at full power, much less after several days of fighting. Shiva has schooled Batman. More than once.

no no no. i meant before shiva.
the ppl who came before her, bats can beat w/o taking serious damage. i know how lethal shiva is.

demigawd
That's fine. And given that it's the crappy Batgirl instead of the good one, I can buy that somewhat. But you really think he can beat both Shiva and Croc on successive days, without prep?

masterbruce
croc's lack of intelligence dilutes his fighting ability and strength somewhat, he would be a much more challenging opponent if he had more human brain than croc brain

Solidus Snake
he has 24 hrs to prep and rest remember?

and if he has his utility belt, and he knows whats in it and they dont, he immediately has an advantage. he could even keep a tear gas pellet in his hands so that when he hit one of them, it broke and gassed them immediately. rememebr bats fights dirty.

Wanderer259
Not at all - prep wasn't mentioned anywhere.

Solidus Snake
but it says he has his belt, and that stuff is always in it.

Solidus Snake
if he was beltless, this thread would be different.

Linkalicious
I've read Nightfall. Batman doesn't make it past #6....maybe #7 if he's lucky.

That series was the best I've read because it really showed Batman's only weakness....he's human.

Solidus Snake
in nightfall he also had no rest. he never slept. he only got rest the day before the gala.

Wanderer259
Yeah, but it'll only work against someone like Croc, not someone extremely mobile like Shiva, who will mess him up enough. The fact that Batman doesn't know he'll be fighting Croc makes it less likely he'll bring up the gas pellets in time; it's possible, and likely if hurt bad enough, that Croc, who is extremely fast, will catch hold.

Never
That's very true, but this is Shiva that you're trying to argue against. She is, save perhaps Richard Dragon, the best. THE best.

Oh, I don't know about that. Ever heard of Val Armorr (the incomparable Karate Kid)? Asano Nitobe? The Bronze Tiger? Even Batgirl defeated Shiva.

Hell, the only reason Batman even gets past Batgirl (this is Cassie Cain, right?) is because of his belt.

demigawd
Just about everybody on this list has fought Batman before. They know about the gas and the batarangs and the flash bombs, etc. The smart fighters will know it's there and be prepared for it. I don't think that will give him as much of an edge as you think it will.

masterbruce
but in nightfall, he faced much weaker physical opponents too

so his rest in this gauntlet is balanced by the fact that his enemies are much more physically daunting

Batman Wins
. Batgirl ok he ****s up Batgirl Robin at the same time

2. Robin

3. Manbat kicks his ass

4. Clayface hard battle, but freezes his ass

5. Night Wing beats him up

6. Lady Shiva damn I dont think

7. Killer Croc

8. Bane (pumped with venom)

9. Azrael

10. Batman Beyond

11. Moon Knight

12. Dare Devil

13. Venom

He beats them all with ease ( welll not shiva clayface venom and Bane)

Wanderer259
I won't count Karate Kid because he's a dimension/world/whatever hopping traveler whom I also think is overpowered. Martial arts won't let you take a superhuman shot, sorry.

I think Bronze Tiger's skill pales to Shiva in the slightest bit, but you're right about Cass beating Shiva. Although, supposedly, Cass only beat her by knowing Shiva has a death wish and then exploited it. Still, that technically makes Cass the best martial artist, which is a title she officially holds.

This is the Gordon Batgirl, btw.

Solidus Snake
Originally posted by Never
Oh, I don't know about that. Ever heard of Val Armorr (the incomparable Karate Kid)? Asano Nitobe? The Bronze Tiger? Even Batgirl defeated Shiva.

Hell, the only reason Batman even gets past Batgirl (this is Cassie Cain, right?) is because of his belt.

untrue, he does his blitz on her in cataclysm and grabs her throat to show that he can kill her

demigawd
Who did what to who?

Never
I won't count Karate Kid because he's a dimension/world/whatever hopping traveler whom I also think is overpowered. Martial arts won't let you take a superhuman shot, sorry.

I think Bronze Tiger's skill pales to Shiva in the slightest bit, but you're right about Cass beating Shiva. Although, supposedly, Cass only beat her by knowing Shiva has a death wish and then exploited it. Still, that technically makes Cass the best martial artist, which is a title she officially holds.

This is the Gordon Batgirl, btw.

Well, you did say the best wink Val has been "nerfed" a bit, if you will. On a scale of 1-10 PC Val was about a 15 in terms of martial arts.

Now? Heh, probably still a 12. Yeah, still easily superior to any in the aforementioned list.

"Pales to Shiva in the slightest bit" is a bit dubious -- I cannot tell if you are saying that his skill pales in comparison or...that she is slightly superior. I did throw his name out there as they are often mentioned in the same breath.

Oh, Barbara Gordon? Blah. He gets past her.

Solidus Snake, were you referending Cassandra Cain btw?

Solidus Snake
yea

i was
bats showed her who was the boss

Linkalicious
in nightfall he also had no rest. he never slept. he only got rest the day before the gala.

But he fought the likes of the Mad Hatter, Joker, and Two Face.

He didn't deal with Nightwing, Robin, Clayface, and Shiva.

Solidus Snake
Originally posted by Linkalicious
But he fought the likes of the Mad Hatter, Joker, and Two Face.

He didn't deal with Nightwing, Robin, Clayface, and Shiva.

he also got attacked by wild animals, suffered severe smoke inhallation, almost drowned, was beat up by ppl the size of houses (amygdala), got emotionally psyched out by zsasz, was under a great deal of stress, inhaled the scarecrows toxins, and had no sleep. and hed been under severe pressure before knightfall began

he showed this when he was fighting bane. how he had been passing blood for weks because of all the blows he was getting.

Never
yea

i was
bats showed her who was the boss

Ah. So grabbing her by the throat = superior fighter?

I'm willing to bet that Cassie defeats Batman at least 7/10. Alas, there is no way to "prove" it.

Wanderer259
I think Shiva is superior, at least by a marginal difference. Sorry for the shaky statement.

Joker1237
In my mind, I dont see Bats getting pass Batgirl. BUT IF he gets pass her, THAT IS A BIG IF, Than he goes on winning, until Shiva. I dont think Bats get pass her.

But so far imo, Bats loseing round 1 to Batgirl.

demigawd
For those of us just joining, the thread author said it's the Gordon Batgirl, not the Cassandra Batgirl.

Solidus Snake
Ah. So grabbing her by the throat = superior fighter?

I'm willing to bet that Cassie defeats Batman at least 7/10. Alas, there is no way to "prove" it.

sigh....please read the book before u speak

it was a blitz that he and she can do. its unblockable and he did it to her faster than she could to him.

Never
sigh....please read the book before u speak

it was a blitz that he and she can do. its unblockable and he did it to her faster than she could to him.

Did you notice the question mark at the end of my sentence? It is a query in response to your quote here:

No clue what the hell a "blitz" is with respect to Batman hence my focusing on the one part of your comment that I did understand.

So basically you're saying they had a blitz battle so that means he's a better fighter.

Okay.

Solidus Snake
read the book and u'll understand. if ya have the TPB its volume 3 and starts on p79

they fought and he won.

the fight shows that hes faster than her. she attacked him 8 times and hit him once. he grabbed at her once and got her in the choke.

Solidus Snake
Did you notice the question mark at the end of my sentence? It is a query in response to your quote here:

No clue what the hell a "blitz" is with respect to Batman hence my focusing on the one part of your comment that I did understand.

So basically you're saying they had a blitz battle so that means he's a better fighter.

Okay.

oh, im sorry, blitz is too supermanish...its called the suicide drill

K3VIL
Batman may get through Batman Beyond if he has knowledge of the suit, it means he knows he has created it and can shut down most of its systems if not all of them.
But Moon Knight or Azrael will stop him.
MK strenght fluctuates from Class 1/3 tons to 30/40 tons, he's a master of hth fight, formerly a soldier of fortune, he has a great mind, and is expert in using hth weapons, this guy is a Batman spin-off and he has all the cards to beat the original.
Azrael has beat the crap outta Bruce once, he can do it twice.

CorderaMitchell
24 hours would still not be enough as it seems, against supervillans.

When I exercise heavily or fight I could feel it for a week, and he dies at Venom.

Onikirimaru
Venom actually would be one of his easier fights if he has knowledge/prep time between them, he could fashion a sonic weapon. But he wouldnt get that far.

who?-kid
Sonic weapon my ass. IF Batman has knowledge of Venoms weakness and IF he has time to get himself a decent working sonic weapon and IF Venom is stupid enough to fall for a trap, then MAYBE it could work.

In any other case : dead Batman.

CorderaMitchell
Originally posted by who?-kid
Sonic weapon my ass. IF Batman has knowledge of Venoms weakness and IF he has time to get himself a decent working sonic weapon and IF Venom is stupid enough to fall for a trap, then MAYBE it could work.

In any other case : dead Batman.

People seem to think that everyone stands still for batman, Venom is sneaky at this point.

Batman loses, and by fatigue he won't get far, 24 hours is hardly enough rest, in an adrenaline bloodlusted fight.

Solidus Snake
i dont think bats would go for a sonic weapon. hed use venom's weakness to flame. its easier to get done in 24hrs.

if he had prep time, hed use the same nano bugs taht ras al ghul used to set jonn on fire.

he could even try scarecrows toxin on venom. i dont know how tahtd work tho.

i think venom would win.

CorderaMitchell
i dont think bats would go for a sonic weapon. hed use venom's weakness to flame. its easier to get done in 24hrs.

if he had prep time, hed use the same nano bugs taht ras al ghul used to set jonn on fire.

he could even try scarecrows toxin on venom. i dont know how tahtd work tho.

i think venom would win.

Keep in mind that flames affect carnage better, and sonics affect venom better.

Venom isn't new to this though,not eddie brock, anyway.

Nataku8188
1. Batgirl - Not Cain? No chance.

2. Robin - Tim? Haha.

3. Manbat - With the belt? Where's the challenge?

4. Clayface - Nothing new.

5. Night Wing - He's got his belt... he won't be tired by this point, and this is where he'll finally start having to work his ass off. He'll take Nightwing, but I doubt he'll do it without taking a few.

6. Lady Shiva - With his belt, and 24 hours time to rest before the fight, I don't doubt he could come up with some way to win. Still, he will take one hell of a beating in this fight, I'm sure that if he does win, it won't be with ease.

7. Killer Croc - No idea who this bloke is.

8. Bane (pumped with venom) - Well now, I could see Batman winning, and I could see Batman loosing. Depends on how tired he is from Shiva/Croc. If he hasn't sustained too much damage, he should be able to take this one, otherwise, no can do.

9. Azrael - He couldn't beat Azrael after Azrael defeated the spirit of St. Dumas, I don't think he can beat Azrael when he's fresh. Note that Azrael took two of Batmans 'best' shots, and didn't go down. Batman himself notes several times that Azrael is beyond him.

10. Batman Beyond - He's lacking a lot of experience, something that is vital in any fight. I can see Batman taking this, especially since he designed the suit.

11. Moon Knight - Don't know anything about this bloke.

12. Dare Devil - If Taskmaster can beat the crap out of Daredevil, Batman can.

13. Venom - Venom has stood up to fire and sonics before. So, Batman's got nothing.

CorderaMitchell
indeed

Mainstream
Originally posted by CorderaMitchell
indeed

quite right

CorderaMitchell
considering...

Mainstream
Batman is more than just a man...he's a legend....*batman music plays in the background.*

jacobo0o
yep

Mainstream
Originally posted by jacobo0o
yep

*da da du da du du na na*

CorderaMitchell
Originally posted by Mainstream
Batman is more than just a man...he's a legend....*batman music plays in the background.*

But still a man, no.

Mainstream
But still a man, no.

man who is a legend is still a man...but a legend none the less

CorderaMitchell
man who is a legend is still a man...but a legend none the less

But if the legend of the man, of the legend of the man died, would the man around the legend be true? eek!

Mainstream
I suppose..but if a legend never dies then in a since doesn't that mean that the man is alive even if he's dead?

CorderaMitchell
I suppose..but if a legend never dies then in a since doesn't that mean that the man is alive even if he's dead?

But if those who support the legend decide he is a legend no more....

Mainstream
But if those who support the legend decide he is a legend no more....

then both the man and the legend will become like broken flowers lost in the winds of time.

CorderaMitchell
then both the man and the legend will become like broken flowers lost in the winds of time.

but not dead?

Don't flowers die, wise mainstream?

Mainstream
yeah

CorderaMitchell
Soooo your conclusion?

Nataku8188
Soooo your conclusion?

I hate you both.

CorderaMitchell
Thats nice to hear...

Max Spidey 24
Did I miss something ?

CorderaMitchell
Not much.

whobdamandog
I'm thinking Nightwing would be the stopping point..Grayson knows him waaay to well..and he's about as good as batman on all levels. If he makes it past Nightwing..then Shiva takes him down with little effort..

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.