Star Wars characters modeled after historical figures

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

jpsmith5
Which Star Wars characters do you think were modeled or represented by past historical figures?

I would say Darth Sidious was probabley modeled after Adolf Hitler with his murdering rampages and Julius Caesar with his brilliant political mind winning the support of the masses.

Tangible God
And of course you could say the stormtroopers are the SS and vader is Heinrich Himmler.

Darth_Rankkor

Captain REX
Sidious and Vader are not based on anyone really; Hitler was evil, but not the epitome of, as Sidious is.

Of course, the 'stormtroopers' is the Nazi pun...and all the officers look similar to Germans in their crisp gray uniforms...with the exception of all of them being British and sporting sideburns of various shapes and sizes...

Darth_Rankkor
Originally posted by Captain REX
Sidious and Vader are not based on anyone really; Hitler was evil, but not the epitome of, as Sidious is.

Of course, the 'stormtroopers' is the Nazi pun...and all the officers look similar to Germans in their crisp gray uniforms...with the exception of all of them being British and sporting sideburns of various shapes and sizes...

The sideburns were trend in th 70's stick out tongue that's EVERYONE has them. Even R2 LOLOL

Shadow_Star
Imperial Officers were based off a Nazi uniform

War_Lord
That is true.

Darth_Rankkor
Han Solo's gun is a Luger modified. For those that don't know, the Luger was used by German officers

Lord Caltor
i think darth revan is kind of a hannibal barca person... knew how to win a fight but not how to use it to his advantage... but he probably did know how to use the win... maybe its just me

sidious is hitler/augustus

darth vader is alexander the great (very bad temper liked to kill his subjects rofl he even killed aristotles nephew for disagreeing with him)

Admiral Ackbar is Lu Xun

cant think of any more

Clawed The Bum
princess leia is palama anderson. jk they are both hot but look nothing alike. one has floatation devices

JediMusician
Admiral Ackbar is more like Zhou Yu.
Sidious is definately reminiscent of Hitler. I kind of like Tarkin for Himmler, so I'll go with this Vader is Aleksander idea.
Mon Mothma kind of reminds me of Margaret Thatcher. If Garm Bel Iblis were in the movies, he would be Winston Churchill.

Darth_Rankkor
Originally posted by JediMusician
Sidious is definately reminiscent of Hitler. I kind of like Tarkin for Himmler, so I'll go with this Vader is Aleksander idea.
Mon Mothma kind of reminds me of Margaret Thatcher. If Garm Bel Iblis were in the movies, he would be Winston Churchill.

I place sidious more in Roman era. The treachery and manipulations kinda reminds me that time.

Tangible God
Originally posted by JediMusician
Mon Mothma kind of reminds me of Margaret Thatcher. If Garm Bel Iblis were in the movies, he would be Winston Churchill. Ah, Bel Iblis is a pussy. Ran away to "wage his own small private war with the Empire" instead of being at the head of it, Like Churchill.

Lord Caltor
yeh i agree rankkor admiral ackbar is more like Zhou Yu lol not Lu Xun the admiral doesnt strike me as a lets flush em out with FIRE mua ha ha type but then again the admiral doesnt cry when they lose a planet...

Lord Caltor
im bringing threads ALIVE!!!

dont ban me

Tangible God
Originally posted by Lord Caltor
im bringing threads ALIVE!!!

dont ban me You'll only be banned if they find out your Muslim. They'll be scared you self-destruct yourself with a supervirus and take the system with you.

Illustrious
Originally posted by Tangible God
You'll only be banned if they find out your Muslim. They'll be scared you self-destruct yourself with a supervirus and take the system with you.

Wildly inappropriate.

Lord Caltor
yes...

Neutrality

Darth_Glentract
You'll only be banned if they find out your Muslim. They'll be scared you self-destruct yourself with a supervirus and take the system with you.

I''ve been banned and I'm white. Racist loser.

Arbiter
Dooku's other is very much alike. Saruman.
Dooku and Saruman where both good until the villian (Sidious/Sauron) came along and changed them to evil. Both created a huge army. Both armies were defeated. Dooku and Saruman both died in 3.
3= Revenge of the Sith
3= Return of the King
Both were the biggest threat in number 2.
2= Attack of the Clones
2= The Two Towers

Neutrality
Originally posted by Darth_Glentract
I''ve been banned and I'm white. Racist loser.

Muslims are not a race to begin with. Second of all white is not a race infact Humanity isn't even a race, it is a subrace. If you can inbreed with anything, you are of the same race or subrace. Scientifically speaking of course in relation to taxonomy. According to popular term race, Muslims are still not a race since they are made up of(in general) North Africans, Sub-Saharan Africans, Middle-Easterns, South Eastern Europeans, Central Asians and South East Asians.

Tangible God
Wow, you're good.

Tangible God
Originally posted by Arbiter
Dooku and Saruman where both good until the villian (Sidious/Sauron) came along and changed them to evil. Both created a huge army. Both armies were defeated. Dooku and Saruman both died in 3.
3= Revenge of the Sith
3= Return of the King
2= Attack of the Clones
2= The Two Towers Ya know, I have never noticed that before.

DarkAge
You could say that Sidious and the Sith represent Lucifer, characters who had angelic qualities but then became fallen angels who gained rule over Hell.

The Force is God and good people become one with it when they die.

Anakin is Damien, the son of the devil.

Neutrality
Originally posted by DarkAge
You could say that Sidious and the Sith represent Lucifer, characters who had angelic qualities but then became fallen angels who gained rule over Hell.

The Force is God and good people become one with it when they die.

Anakin is Damien, the son of the devil.

You are merely basing a myth on a myth.
God=good, and Devil=evil, the thing is both are one and the same. In fact the two do not exist in a sense. There is a reason why I call myself Neutrality, not that neutrality is a state of being that stays out of the fight between the to opposing elements, but in that it takes from both. Some heretical forms of Christianity (Cathari) and Islam (Sufis) make make god both evil and good (well Catharism makes two gods, but same thing). One could say that god in the harmonization of the conscoius and unconscious, as Jesus would say, 'the father is in me, and I am in the father'.

I can see the force as the same thing, not in the same form exactly. According to Jungians the unconscious can drive us to be attracted to certain individuals, just like the "trust in you feelings luke".

The thought of using archetypes is a complex thing and would require me to write an essay on them in the context of SW inorder to make any sense out of it. I would suggest reading "Man and his Symbols" a book by Carl Jung and four other Jungians. The third section I find is the best, save that of Jung himself. I am unsure who Lucas researched for two years before making the first Star Wars, it may have been Joseph Campbell, but Campbell was influenced by Jung. All I know is that Joseph Campbell would later say that Star Wars is a modern myth. Campbell dying in 1985. It would be interesting what Jung would say if he was only able to live up to 100 years, but he died in 1965.

Darth_Rankkor
Originally posted by Arbiter
3= Revenge of the Sith
3= Return of the King
2= Attack of the Clones
2= The Two Towers

hmmm Saruman, didn't died I think. He and wormtongue (in the book) still manage to attack the shire and If I remember correctly they flee, when they're on the verge of defeat. Must read it again, but ROTK doesn't end the way we see it in the movie.

Tangible God
Originally posted by Darth_Rankkor
hmmm Saruman, didn't died I think. He and wormtongue (in the book) still manage to attack the shire and If I remember correctly they flee, when they're on the verge of defeat. Must read it again, but ROTK doesn't end the way we see it in the movie. Nope.

Saruman pisses off Wormtongue too many times, and he slits the wizards throat and runs off. But the Hobbits shoot him down.

Tangible God
Originally posted by Neutrality
You are merely basing a myth on a myth.
God=good, and Devil=evil, the thing is both are one and the same. In fact the two do not exist in a sense. There is a reason why I call myself Neutrality, not that neutrality is a state of being that stays out of the fight between the to opposing elements, but in that it takes from both. Some heretical forms of Christianity (Cathari) and Islam (Sufis) make make god both evil and good (well Catharism makes two gods, but same thing). One could say that god in the harmonization of the conscoius and unconscious, as Jesus would say, 'the father is in me, and I am in the father'.

I can see the force as the same thing, not in the same form exactly. According to Jungians the unconscious can drive us to be attracted to certain individuals, just like the "trust in you feelings luke".

The thought of using archetypes is a complex thing and would require me to write an essay on them in the context of SW inorder to make any sense out of it. I would suggest reading "Man and his Symbols" a book by Carl Jung and four other Jungians. The third section I find is the best, save that of Jung himself. I am unsure who Lucas researched for two years before making the first Star Wars, it may have been Joseph Campbell, but Campbell was influenced by Jung. All I know is that Joseph Campbell would later say that Star Wars is a modern myth. Campbell dying in 1985. It would be interesting what Jung would say if he was only able to live up to 100 years, but he died in 1965. Christ man......Lighten Up!

The poor guy was just making a comparison according to common knowledge.

Lucifer rebelled, he's bad.

God created the the Cosmos, he's good.

I'm an agnostic so I'm neutral as well. But to get so deeply involved in saying that if we are going to compare SW to real life, we first must do some research into finding out what GL based it off of........well that's just sad.

It's a freakin movie. It's not real. It never was nor will be. We don't need to keep looking at GL's muse for his idea.

Captain REX
In the books, at least.

Really, Sidious is the epitome of evil, not based on Hitler.

The only real-life things that I can think of is Han Solo's blaster being a German pistol, the stormtrooper guns being a British Sterling (same for most guns in the OT), the stormtroopers being based off of Nazi stormtroopers by name, and the Imperial officers being based on Nazi officers.

Everything else is based in lore.

darthrevan89
Originally posted by Darth_Rankkor
hmmm Saruman, didn't died I think. He and wormtongue (in the book) still manage to attack the shire and If I remember correctly they flee, when they're on the verge of defeat. Must read it again, but ROTK doesn't end the way we see it in the movie.

Wormtoung slits Saruman's throat.

Tangible God
I already said that cowboy.

Lord Caltor
wow neutrality i just skipped your posts couldnt be bothered reading them.... lighten up...

Neutrality
Christ man......Lighten Up!

I'm an agnostic so I'm neutral as well. But to get so deeply involved in saying that if we are going to compare SW to real life, we first must do some research into finding out what GL based it off of........well that's just sad.

It's a freakin movie. It's not real. It never was nor will be. We don't need to keep looking at GL's muse for his idea.

Yes he was making a comparison, and I put my own opinion in the matter. Plus 'Lighten Up' (this goes to you to, Lord Caltor) is a relative term, and you have no way of knowing that I may have casually wrote that post (which I did). Plus, unlike you , I have done research into what GL based it off (including his own twists).

Also I never said it was real life (or comparing it to).. I did say it was a myth, but that is not real (despite myth being linked to ones 'Self' - and even then the reality is far different than the myth.).

Darth L. Dipsit
Nope.

Saruman pisses off Wormtongue too many times, and he slits the wizards throat and runs off. But the Hobbits shoot him down.

I never liked Saruman - it's not because he's evil. Not at all. It's because of how stupid and incompetent he becomes in his corruption. Like when he grows arrogant and sheds his title of Saruman the White to become Saruman of Many Colors. I mean, when he donned those rainbow robes, that was pretty fruity when I first read it (of course, I was about a child, about nine or ten, so I didn't see anything beyond the application to the Colors of the Sacred Fire). Anyways, he starts off as the most powerful Istari on Middle Earth and gradually becomes a scummy idiot who can't even stop his own snivelling servant from killing him. Sauron was a much cooler character, though he too fell in a kind of ridiculous way. Gothmog (the original one, from the Silmarillion) and Carcharoth were two of the best baddies, overall, I think.

My apologies for the interruption. I just agree that Saruman goes down big time after he is corrupted and I lost a great deal of respect for him. Peace be with you all.

darthrevan89
Christ man......Lighten Up!

I am suprised that anyone here even knows who Lucifer is.

Neutrality
Originally posted by darthrevan89
I am suprised that anyone here even knows who Lucifer is.

Yeah, he is Jesus Christ. Lucifer meaning the Light Bringer or Morning Star, Jesus claimed to be both these things.

But theology aside, Lucifer was a common name. Lucifer was a leader of the Luciferians, an opponent against Arianism/Arius (Jesus is not divine). Later Jerome would declare Lucifer a heretic. Unfortunatly, all we know of Luciferianism is from Jerome.

darthrevan89
Yeah, he is Jesus Christ. Lucifer meaning the Light Bringer or Morning Star, Jesus claimed to be both these things.

But theology aside, Lucifer was a common name. Lucifer was a leader of the Luciferians, an opponent against Arianism/Arius (Jesus is not divine). Later Jerome would declare Lucifer a heretic. Unfortunatly, all we know of Luciferianism is from Jerome.

While this would be better placed in the philosophy section...Lucifer is NOT Jesus. Lucifer is the name of the Devil...ahh who the hell cares.

Neutrality
Originally posted by darthrevan89
While this would be better placed in the philosophy section...Lucifer is NOT Jesus. Lucifer is the name of the Devil...ahh who the hell cares.

Yes, who thehell cares. It is all made up bs. However, there is no proof in the that the Bible points out that Lucifer is Satan (Who is completely different in OT and Judaism). Revelations does say that Jesus is the Morning Star (Lucifer).

I know your young, but even I knew this at your age. I suggest doing some reading. I gave some names, reseach them and you will see that Satan is not referred to as Lucifer, until Jerome.

Tangible God
Originally posted by Darth L. Dipsit
I never liked Saruman - it's not because he's evil. Not at all. It's because of how stupid and incompetent he becomes in his corruption. Like when he grows arrogant and sheds his title of Saruman the White to become Saruman of Many Colors. I mean, when he donned those rainbow robes, that was pretty fruity when I first read it (of course, I was about a child, about nine or ten, so I didn't see anything beyond the application to the Colors of the Sacred Fire). Anyways, he starts off as the most powerful Istari on Middle Earth and gradually becomes a scummy idiot who can't even stop his own snivelling servant from killing him. Sauron was a much cooler character, though he too fell in a kind of ridiculous way. Gothmog (the original one, from the Silmarillion) and Carcharoth were two of the best baddies, overall, I think.

My apologies for the interruption. I just agree that Saruman goes down big time after he is corrupted and I lost a great deal of respect for him. Peace be with you all. I agree.

Gothmog kicked ass, killed Feanor, very good.

Charcaroth, badass mofo man, even when he swallowed Beren's hand and the Silmarillion, he killed like a thousand of his own orcs and some elves.

Tangible God
Yes, who thehell cares. It is all made up bs. However, there is no proof in the that the Bible points out that Lucifer is Satan (Who is completely different in OT and Judaism). Revelations does say that Jesus is the Morning Star (Lucifer).

I know your young, but even I knew this at your age. I suggest doing some reading. I gave some names, reseach them and you will see that Satan is not referred to as Lucifer, until Jerome. I will not say where I got this as I'm sure it will be scorned.

"You sound like Lucifer man!" You've lost it! You're talking about War on God!..................Well f*ck that, I have seen what happens to the proud when they take on the throne."

Believe me, the guy who wrote that line knew his Christian History.

Tangible God
Yes he was making a comparison, and I put my own opinion in the matter. Plus 'Lighten Up' (this goes to you to, Lord Caltor) is a relative term, and you have no way of knowing that I may have casually wrote that post (which I did). Plus, unlike you , I have done research into what GL based it off (including his own twists).

Also I never said it was real life (or comparing it to).. I did say it was a myth, but that is not real (despite myth being linked to ones 'Self' - and even then the reality is far different than the myth.). Yes, I had no way of knowing your mood at the time, so I MUST assume.

The words you wrote did not sound like those of a relaxed person, but someone who was on edge.

And like I've said in another thread, GL may have got some ideas from history, but he was still making a f*ckin movie. A movie to entertain the public, not lecture them on his own research. The whole SW world is a Goddamn fantasy land!

Neutrality
I will not say where I got this as I'm sure it will be scorned.

"You sound like Lucifer man!" You've lost it! You're talking about War on God!..................Well f*ck that, I have seen what happens to the proud when they take on the throne."

Believe me, the guy who wrote that line knew his Christian History.

Lol, Dogma, you have got to be kidding me.

Here is wikipedia,
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lucifer

Tangible God
Lol, Dogma, you have got to be kidding me.

Here is wikipedia,
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lucifer Yeah, still a fun movie though. But kevins Smith did say he had extensive Christian education, and he chose to make fun of it. I doubt though that he would depict JC challenging God for control and being cast out of the gates of Heaven to dwell in Hell for eternity. BEFORE JC was even recorded being born.

In the 2000 years since Jesus's supposed birth, things can get muffed.

Neutrality
So what, I have had a Christian education to. What does it matter you claim he knew his Christian history.. well Christian history is wrong when taken from an unbiased point of view.

DarthMaul9123
i heard darth maul was modelled after the devil???

Paola

we better ban someone who thinks we may ban someone just for being 'Muslim'

Darth_Janus
Rawr. Thou hast been warned.

Tangible God
(cowers) No, don't ban me for making a joke about a religion to the ppl who see even the tiniest trace of racism in said joke, and hence are most likely Bush Bashers and Liberals, no please! I beg of you!

Tangible God
So what, I have had a Christian education to. What does it matter you claim he knew his Christian history.. well Christian history is wrong when taken from an unbiased point of view. Still though, two millenia since his time, and ppl believe that nothing about his life and tales changed? Seems pretty gullible.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.