Why does jedi flee from droidekas?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

kamikz
Why does all the jedi in the movie flee from droidekas. I mean they are not undefeatable, Anakin blasted them to pieces in a ship and a lightsaber should be able to burn through that shield after a while. Can someone please tell me? Sorry if this is a stupid thread, just don't answere if you think it is.

Fishy
You said it right, after a while. The droideka would still be firing during that time. A jedi could not defeat a weapon like that because the shield is in the way. Its that simple without the shield the Jedi would have destroyed those things.

Darth_Rankkor
Well, in the game battlefront, the NPC's are able to (after a few attacks) destroy the droidekas but, imo in the movie it would be a waste of time.

kamikz
So you mean for example that it would be better to send a droideka against Obi-Wan and Qui-Gon Jinn in TPM then Darth Maul?

Fishy
No because a Droideka is easily avoided and its attacks blocked. And if necessary then they could take them down. But it would take a very long time and it would be somewhat dangerous. Not as dangerous as Maul still the risk and the time it would take to beat them? Its just not worth it.

Darth_Rankkor
Originally posted by kamikz
So you mean for example that it would be better to send a droideka against Obi-Wan and Qui-Gon Jinn in TPM then Darth Maul?

What do you think? roll eyes (sarcastic)

MAKASHIMAN
Originally posted by kamikz
Why does all the jedi in the movie flee from droidekas. I mean they are not undefeatable, Anakin blasted them to pieces in a ship and a lightsaber should be able to burn through that shield after a while. Can someone please tell me? Sorry if this is a stupid thread, just don't answere if you think it is.

Because Droidekas are tight buddy.

Clawed The Bum
whats a droidekas

MAKASHIMAN
Detroyer Droids. The ones that roll around and have a tripod for legs.

Clawed The Bum
they should be called sheilded droids. anyway. the reason why i think that jedi flee from them is that the only way to kill them is get close and take dumps in their mouths.

kamikz
Ok thanks for the explanation guys, now I get it. Do you think that you could take down a droideka with the force? I think so, a shield can't withstand the power of the force can it? The movies really gets on my nerves sometimes because jedi never uses their force. Obi-Wan and Anakin could have for example used the force at the creatures at the geonosis arena or used force jump to get out of there. The only ones using it well is Yoda, Dooku and Sidious.

Clawed The Bum
they couldn't of used the force because they had their hands tied

kamikz
Aha.... oh well that explains it. But how about force jump, do they do that with their hands too lol.

Clawed The Bum
no they hand were tied to a chain which was tied to the pole

Darth_Janus
For dramatic neccessity, Jedi can't use the Force like you or I would use it... that is, liberally and with common sense.

kamikz
Alrighty thanks all of you, now I get it.

dAngEr_Is_gO!
I would assume that the Jedi couldn't use force push/grasp as they would need a hand free and the other hand would have to use the lightsaber to deflect their fire. Not an easy task! As a side note, I swear in ESB Vader is able to rip those things off the wall and hurl them at Luke by just looking at them originally, then he uses his hand. I could be wrong.

In the authority on all things SW, i.e. Star Wars Lego stick out tongue , you can deflect their fire back at them and it gradually depletes their shield and allows you to carve them up. I emphasise the "gradually" there.

Darth Koroni
The sheilds are what make Droidekas 'Destroyer Droids' without them, their just cool looking Battle Droids.

stormtrooper
I know this is off topic, but anyone have played Republic Commando?
There's an intermission of a commando jumping onto a rolling droideka,inserts his blaster(or a thermal detonator,damn I don't remember) into an opening and blast the droid to pieces...That was cool...
Darth Rankkor, in BattleFront as in some other games, you can damage the droidekas as they are rolling and of course after their shields are depleted.

Aduruth
yup. commando kewl but i hated it becuase sry for spoiler, but one of you teammates die, im just saying your sniper, in red wink
battlefront 2 is commin out soon smile
the jedi flee from the droidakas becuase *theres never just one. and for a jedi to deflect with one hand and jump around the 1 droidaka and kill it, would leave him/her defensless for the second one, or third. What i ver understood y not the federation have an army of just droidakas and super battle droids. lol, and crab droids. lol wink

stormtrooper
When Sev goes MIA, I thought:One more mission, to rescue 07...But no sir, no mission...I didn't like that game's ending too.
Also waiting for Battlefront 2.
Totally agreed with you about the droidekas.

Darth_Janus
Everyone has the pelvic thrust stormtroopers on this site, I swear.

Ushgarak
It was a narrow corridor and the Droidekas were pouring fire down there. The Droidekas could not get past the Jedi's sabres, but the Droideka's own shield clearly could take as many of the Droideka's shots as needed (odd that Lego SW didn't simulate that). But the Jedi, even if they could have advanced up the corridor, could not have taken any time to swing their sabres because there was so much firepower, they had to be defensive all the time. With no room to manoeuvre in that corridor, QGJ clocked the situation in a second- "It's a stand off; let's go." And then he did, definitely the sensible thing to do. After all, there can only have been more coming.

kamikz
What i ver understood y not the federation have an army of just droidakas and super battle droids. lol, and crab droids. posted by Aturuth.

I think that is because Battle droids are the only droid that can think rationall, they can control ships, talk and other sort off stuff. Crab droids and Droidekas can't think like that and has no hands.

Darth Koroni
And their cheaper to make. And they would have won if they had an army of HK models.

dAngEr_Is_gO!
I think in SW Republic Commando on one of the levels when you reunite with Sev he jumps a droideka and shivs it before it gets a chance to raise its shield.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.