KMC Forums

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Already a member? Log-in!

Home » Star Wars » Star Wars: Literature & Expanded Universe » Why does jedi flee from droidekas?

Why does jedi flee from droidekas?
Started by: kamikz

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (2): [1] 2 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
kamikz
A.I.M Mercenary

Why does jedi flee from droidekas?

Why does all the jedi in the movie flee from droidekas. I mean they are not undefeatable, Anakin blasted them to pieces in a ship and a lightsaber should be able to burn through that shield after a while. Can someone please tell me? Sorry if this is a stupid thread, just don't answere if you think it is.

Old Post Jul 28th, 2005 07:28 PM
Click here to Send kamikz a Private Message Find more posts by kamikz Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Fishy

You said it right, after a while. The droideka would still be firing during that time. A jedi could not defeat a weapon like that because the shield is in the way. Its that simple without the shield the Jedi would have destroyed those things.

Thanks TWelling4Ever

Old Post Jul 28th, 2005 07:38 PM
Click here to Send Fishy a Private Message Find more posts by Fishy Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Darth_Rankkor
Shikido Master

Well, in the game battlefront, the NPC's are able to (after a few attacks) destroy the droidekas but, imo in the movie it would be a waste of time.

Fear the dark corners

Old Post Jul 28th, 2005 07:39 PM
Click here to Send Darth_Rankkor a Private Message Find more posts by Darth_Rankkor Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
kamikz
A.I.M Mercenary

So you mean for example that it would be better to send a droideka against Obi-Wan and Qui-Gon Jinn in TPM then Darth Maul?

Necessity is the mother of inventions.
(Don't be a pig, get an Icejaw sig.)

Old Post Jul 28th, 2005 07:43 PM
Click here to Send kamikz a Private Message Find more posts by kamikz Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Fishy

No because a Droideka is easily avoided and its attacks blocked. And if necessary then they could take them down. But it would take a very long time and it would be somewhat dangerous. Not as dangerous as Maul still the risk and the time it would take to beat them? Its just not worth it.

Thanks TWelling4Ever

Old Post Jul 28th, 2005 07:47 PM
Click here to Send Fishy a Private Message Find more posts by Fishy Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Darth_Rankkor
Shikido Master

quote: (post)
Originally posted by kamikz
So you mean for example that it would be better to send a droideka against Obi-Wan and Qui-Gon Jinn in TPM then Darth Maul?

What do you think? roll eyes (sarcastic)

Fear the dark corners

Old Post Jul 28th, 2005 07:48 PM
Click here to Send Darth_Rankkor a Private Message Find more posts by Darth_Rankkor Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
RaidenDeadpool
"Nerd maker funner of-er"

Re: Why does jedi flee from droidekas?

quote: (post)
Originally posted by kamikz
Why does all the jedi in the movie flee from droidekas. I mean they are not undefeatable, Anakin blasted them to pieces in a ship and a lightsaber should be able to burn through that shield after a while. Can someone please tell me? Sorry if this is a stupid thread, just don't answere if you think it is.

Because Droidekas are tight buddy.

The above image is not of Cyrax doing the "Charleston". It is of Deadpool disguised as Cyrax and mocking him by doing the "Charleston". That's just what he does...

Old Post Jul 28th, 2005 08:17 PM
Click here to Send RaidenDeadpool a Private Message Find more posts by RaidenDeadpool Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Clawed The Bum
Back In Black

whats a droidekas

Old Post Jul 28th, 2005 08:28 PM
Click here to Send Clawed The Bum a Private Message Find more posts by Clawed The Bum Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
RaidenDeadpool
"Nerd maker funner of-er"

Detroyer Droids. The ones that roll around and have a tripod for legs.

The above image is not of Cyrax doing the "Charleston". It is of Deadpool disguised as Cyrax and mocking him by doing the "Charleston". That's just what he does...

Old Post Jul 28th, 2005 08:31 PM
Click here to Send RaidenDeadpool a Private Message Find more posts by RaidenDeadpool Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Clawed The Bum
Back In Black

they should be called sheilded droids. anyway. the reason why i think that jedi flee from them is that the only way to kill them is get close and take dumps in their mouths.

Old Post Jul 28th, 2005 08:35 PM
Click here to Send Clawed The Bum a Private Message Find more posts by Clawed The Bum Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
kamikz
A.I.M Mercenary

Ok thanks for the explanation guys, now I get it. Do you think that you could take down a droideka with the force? I think so, a shield can't withstand the power of the force can it? The movies really gets on my nerves sometimes because jedi never uses their force. Obi-Wan and Anakin could have for example used the force at the creatures at the geonosis arena or used force jump to get out of there. The only ones using it well is Yoda, Dooku and Sidious.

Old Post Jul 28th, 2005 08:55 PM
Clawed The Bum
Back In Black

they couldn't of used the force because they had their hands tied

Old Post Jul 28th, 2005 09:26 PM
kamikz
A.I.M Mercenary

Aha.... oh well that explains it. But how about force jump, do they do that with their hands too lol.

Old Post Jul 28th, 2005 09:35 PM
Clawed The Bum
Back In Black

no they hand were tied to a chain which was tied to the pole

Old Post Jul 28th, 2005 09:50 PM
Janus Marius
Plo Koon Rulez!

For dramatic neccessity, Jedi can't use the Force like you or I would use it... that is, liberally and with common sense.

Old Post Jul 28th, 2005 10:28 PM
Click here to Send Janus Marius a Private Message Find more posts by Janus Marius Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
kamikz
A.I.M Mercenary

Alrighty thanks all of you, now I get it.

Old Post Jul 28th, 2005 10:35 PM
dAngEr_Is_gO!
Celebrity Assassin

I would assume that the Jedi couldn't use force push/grasp as they would need a hand free and the other hand would have to use the lightsaber to deflect their fire. Not an easy task! As a side note, I swear in ESB Vader is able to rip those things off the wall and hurl them at Luke by just looking at them originally, then he uses his hand. I could be wrong.

In the authority on all things SW, i.e. Star Wars Lego stick out tongue , you can deflect their fire back at them and it gradually depletes their shield and allows you to carve them up. I emphasise the "gradually" there.

Old Post Jul 28th, 2005 11:27 PM
Click here to Send dAngEr_Is_gO! a Private Message Find more posts by dAngEr_Is_gO! Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Darth Koroni
Grey Sith

The sheilds are what make Droidekas 'Destroyer Droids' without them, their just cool looking Battle Droids.

Old Post Jul 28th, 2005 11:33 PM
Click here to Send Darth Koroni a Private Message Find more posts by Darth Koroni Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
stormtrooper
Die rebel scum!

I know this is off topic, but anyone have played Republic Commando?
There's an intermission of a commando jumping onto a rolling droideka,inserts his blaster(or a thermal detonator,damn I don't remember) into an opening and blast the droid to pieces...That was cool...
Darth Rankkor, in BattleFront as in some other games, you can damage the droidekas as they are rolling and of course after their shields are depleted.

Last edited by stormtrooper on Jul 29th, 2005 at 12:48 AM

Old Post Jul 29th, 2005 12:42 AM
Click here to Send stormtrooper a Private Message Find more posts by stormtrooper Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Aduruth
Padawan of Master Windu

yup. commando kewl but i hated it becuase sry for spoiler, but one of you teammates die, im just saying your sniper, in red wink
battlefront 2 is commin out soon smile
the jedi flee from the droidakas becuase *theres never just one. and for a jedi to deflect with one hand and jump around the 1 droidaka and kill it, would leave him/her defensless for the second one, or third. What i ver understood y not the federation have an army of just droidakas and super battle droids. lol, and crab droids. lol wink

Old Post Jul 29th, 2005 02:43 AM
Click here to Send Aduruth a Private Message Find more posts by Aduruth Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote