Dark Phoenix vs. Superman 1m, Superman prime

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

the Darkone
Dark Phoenix

vs.

Superman 1m, Superman Prime

masterbruce
both supermen are powerful

superman 1M is prob past Odin in power and superman prime is prob past galactus, but i think phoenix still takes them

the Darkone
Originally posted by masterbruce
both supermen are powerful

superman 1M is prob past Odin in power and superman prime is prob past galactus, but i think phoenix still takes them

What the f**k? Superman prime is not even close to a full powered galactus or any other galactus, when fully charged is on the same level with Eternity he will absorb all that solar energy and leave his a$$ for dead. Superman 1million is not even close where are talking about a skyfather whose powers are limitless, Odin can absorb all the lifeforce from the nine worlds surrounding asgard into himself and become a all powerful skyfather powerful enough to take on a celestial.

whirlysplat
Originally posted by the Darkone
What the f**k? Superman prime is not even close to a full powered galactus or any other galactus, when fully charged is on the same level with Eternity he will absorb all that solar energy and leave his a$$ for dead. Superman 1million is not even close where are talking about a skyfather whose powers are limitless, Odin can absorb all the lifeforce from the nine worlds surrounding asgard into himself and become a all powerful skyfather powerful enough to take on a celestial.

In Thor 300 Odin got the big beat down from Arishembig grin He hardly noticed himsmile

the Darkone
Odin is below the skyfathers everybody knows that. After the celestails destroyed the Destroyer armor where it had all of the life force of asgard in it . After that odin was killed and brought back in Thor 301 by the other gods zeu(skyfather) and others. But if odin absorb all the life force from the nine worlds surrounding asgard he would have f**ked up Arishem in battle because he would be on the same level as a galactus in power for short amount of time.

Never
What the f**k? Superman prime is not even close to a full powered galactus or any other galactus, when fully charged is on the same level with Eternity he will absorb all that solar energy and leave his a$$ for dead.

Galactus cannot do whatever he wishes; Superman Prime with the GL ring and Sword of Truth can.

In terms of stand alone power, no, different level. With weapons? Different story.

whirlysplat
Originally posted by Never
Galactus cannot do whatever he wishes; Superman Prime with the GL ring and Sword of Truth can.

In terms of stand alone power, no, different level. With weapons? Different story.

Never this post is not following you around but please tell me more about this sword of truth shifty

Never
Originally posted by whirlysplat
Never this post is not following you around but please tell me more about this sword of truth shifty

With the Sword of Truth he shapes reality. With the GL Ring (referenced as the most powerful object in the DC Universe) he does...just about anything he can imagine via willpower (do recall Kyle contained Solaris going supernova). What about his willpower? Even "regular" Superman overcame Mageddon's influence via sheer force of will...

...with a little help/prodding from whom? Batman, of course.

The funny thing is Wizard had JLA defeating Galactus in one of their matchups (I had to laugh at that myself).

whirlysplat
With the Sword of Truth he shapes reality. With the GL Ring (referenced as the most powerful object in the DC Universe) he does...just about anything he can imagine via willpower (do recall Kyle contained Solaris going supernova). What about his willpower? Even "regular" Superman overcame Mageddon's influence via sheer force of will...

...with a little help/prodding from whom? Batman, of course.

The funny thing is Wizard had JLA defeating Galactus in one of their matchups (I had to laugh at that myself).

Please tell me which issue the sword of truth is in please shifty

olympian
"In Thor 300 Odin got the big beat down from Arishem He hardly noticed him"

And Celestials are below only to Living Tribunal and Eternity. Not too shabby id say.

"Odin is below the skyfathers everybody knows that"

Maybe you meant below Celestials. You see he cant be below a skyfather when he is one. And the most powerful at Marvel together with Zeus.

"battle because he would be on the same level as a galactus in power for short amount of time."

Those two are below a full powered Galactus but not - that - much. Not as the difference between a Celestial and a Skyfather for example.

"With the Sword of Truth he shapes reality"

Didnt he had a sword like that in the Pre Crisis tales? It was given by God IIRC. " King Superman " maybe?

whirlysplat
Originally posted by olympian
"In Thor 300 Odin got the big beat down from Arishem He hardly noticed him"

And Celestials are below only to Living Tribunal and Eternity. Not too shabby id say.

"Odin is below the skyfathers everybody knows that"

Maybe you meant below Celestials. You see he cant be below a skyfather when he is one. And the most powerful at Marvel together with Zeus.

"battle because he would be on the same level as a galactus in power for short amount of time."

Those two are below a full powered Galactus but not - that - much. Not as the difference between a Celestial and a Skyfather for example.

Didnt he had a sword like that in the Pre Crisis tales? It was given by God IIRC. " King Superman " maybe?

Don't spoil it Olympian shifty

Never

Yep.

Btw, olympian isn't "spoiling" anything, whirly shifty

whirlysplat
OK, he has never had a sword of truth post crisis, this comes from some peice of fan fiction from the web as far as I know. If anyone can prove differently I would be very interested to see the issue numberbig grin

olympian
shifty

whirlysplat
shifty

shifty smile

Madguitarist
Just the idea of Superman Prime is pretty amazing because he could move planets after being on Earth only about 30 years, now picture what he could do after actually sitting in the sun for 15,000 years. All of his other powers are multiplied to very, very high levels. He could very well be the fastest being in all of Marvel and DC. He could even be strong enough to fight Lucifer and win but we don't know.....and Phoenix is unimaginably strong so I'm going to say Phoenix. I wish we knew more about Prime sad.

Never
OK, he has never had a sword of truth post crisis, this comes from some peice of fan fiction from the web as far as I know. If anyone can prove differently I would be very interested to see the issue numberbig grin

Superman Prime in the 853rd Century is about as "post crisis" as you can get. Grant Morrison wrote it (same guy who created Superman Prime); that's hardly "fan fiction." Fiction, yeah.

I see you trying shifty

whirlysplat
Superman Prime in the 853rd Century is about as "post crisis" as you can get. Grant Morrison wrote it (same guy who created Superman Prime); that's hardly "fan fiction." Fiction, yeah.

I see you trying shifty

YEs he is but there is no sword in it, a lantern ring yes, but no Sword of truth, trust me on this Never.

Never
YEs he is but there is no sword in it, a lantern ring yes, but no Sword of truth, trust me on this Never.

I'd rather "trust" Grant Morrison sad

whirlysplat
I'd rather "trust" Grant Morrison sad

We had a huge debate about this on here, if you've read 1 Million, as I have its sitting in front of me please show me the page the sword is on. The Worlogog and Hourman altered reality at the end not a Sword of truth. Its a internet urban legend mate. Find a reputable mention of it on the net please. big grin

whirlysplat
Read this thread Never and we will never speak of it againsmile

http://www.killermovies.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=339898&highlight=Sword+of+Truth

GalacticStorm
We had a huge debate about this on here, if you've read 1 Million, as I have its sitting in front of me please show me the page the sword is on. The Worlogog and Hourman altered reality at the end not a Sword of truth. Its a internet urban legend mate. Find a reputable mention of it on the net please. big grin

Whirly what issues feature Superman Prime because i'll download them tonight.

Ive download watchmen so i'll read it tonight. Ive got Sandman presents Lucifer is that what you were on about or should i download the entire series?

Dark Phoenix wins by the way. big grin

whirlysplat
Originally posted by GalacticStorm

Ive download watchmen so i'll read it tonight. Ive got Sandman presents Lucifer is that what you were on about or should i download the entire series?

Dark Phoenix wins by the way. big grin

Superman prime was in JLA 1 Million 1998

No the Sandman wher Lucifer is introduced is Preludes and Nocturnes. The first story arc. He is also in several others primarily the one where he gives the keys of hell to Morpheus.

Read Watchman then try Miracleman then treat yourself read Grendl smile

GalacticStorm
Superman prime was in JLA 1 Million 1998

No the Sandman wher Lucifer is introduced is Preludes and Nocturnes. The first story arc. He is also in several others primarily the one where he gives the keys of hell to Morpheus.

Read Watchman then try Miracleman then treat yourself read Grendl smile

Ok thanx. Ive just got that downloading. Whats Preacher like?

whirlysplat
Ok thanx. Ive just got that downloading. Whats Preacher like?

I've only read about half of them I liked it, its not a patch on Sandman though.

Moores run on Swampthing is pretty coolsmile

Jim Shooters avengers run from the seventies is greatsmile

And if you missed it a lot of the early nineties valiant stuff was cool

whirlysplat
Back to the threadbig grin Superman Prime has no sword, we don't know his powers, we do know what sundipped can do sooooooooooo................. It must be cool after 15000 years in the sun. He also collected powers on his trip round the universe. The sun is also a supercomputer which does blah, blah, blah and he has a green Lantern ring. Phoenix has never beaten Galactus big grin Who knows? big grin

Keep the faith big grin

Stay Whirly rock

the Darkone
Originally posted by Madguitarist
Just the idea of Superman Prime is pretty amazing because he could move planets after being on Earth only about 30 years, now picture what he could do after actually sitting in the sun for 15,000 years. All of his other powers are multiplied to very, very high levels. He could very well be the fastest being in all of Marvel and DC. What the f**k? He could even be strong enough to fight Lucifer and win but we don't know.....and Phoenix is unimaginably strong so I'm going to say Phoenix. I wish we knew more about Prime sad.

Lucifer will blink superman pirme a$$ out of existences so would archangel michael. Just even saying that is stupid, really. Superman Prime was more like a what if. Their are lot of beings in the marvel universe will kill him. Superman prime also doesn't even have sword only thing he has is the last green lantern ring. Pre-crisis Superman is the only one who sword the sword heaven.

whirlysplat
Lucifer will blink superman pirme a$$ out of existences so would archangel michael. Just even saying that is stupid, really. Superman Prime was more like a what if. Their are lot of beings in the marvel universe will kill him. Superman prime also doesn't even have sword only thing he has is the last green lantern ring. Pre-crisis Superman is the only one who sword the sword heaven.

Opinions, your right about the Sword thoughbig grin

Cosmic Cube
Opinions, your right about the Sword thoughbig grin

You think Superman Prime's up there with Lucifer? erm

the Darkone
The Dark Phoenix will absorb all of his solar energy and mind f**k to death. She f**king eat suns for fun what the hell you think she will do to him. The Dark Phoenix is more of cosmic deity than superman prime will ever be, plus her daughter Rachael summers phoenix II fought galactus to a stand still and jean grey (dark phoenix) destroyed arishem right arm with one blast in x-factor. The phoenix is part of the multi universe she die if she does like the phoenix she wil come back unlike superman if dies he stay dead, forever and ever.

Cosmic Cube
...Or until you shine some sunlight on him.

whirlysplat
The Dark Phoenix will absorb all of his solar energy and mind f**k to death. She f**king eat suns for fun what the hell you think she will do to him. The Dark Phoenix is more of cosmic deity than superman prime will ever be, plus her daughter Rachael summers phoenix II fought galactus to a stand still and jean grey (dark phoenix) destroyed arishem right arm with one blast in x-factor. The phoenix is part of the multi universe she die if she does like the phoenix she wil come back unlike superman if dies he stay dead, forever and ever.

your getting a little stressed heresmile

Never

I had a debate on here regarding the very same thing before you even posted in the vs. forums wink

LoL, I have DC 1,000,000, every issue -- who said that he had The Sword of Truth in DC 1,000,000? I've got their first appearance in JLA.

I was the first person to even mention them on this messageboard.

Where did I ever say that it was in DC 1,000,000? LoL Point that out please? You're making stuff up that isn't even there.

whirlysplat
I had a debate on here regarding the very same thing before you even posted in the vs. forums wink

LoL, I have DC 1,000,000, every issue -- who said that he had The Sword of Truth in DC 1,000,000? I've got their first appearance in JLA.

I was the first person to even mention them on this messageboard.

Where did I ever say that it was in DC 1,000,000? LoL Point that out please? You're making stuff up that isn't even there.

You said this

Please tell me another appearance of Superman Prime outside of one million Never shifty

Cosmic Cube
Please tell me another appearance of Superman Prime outside of one million Never shifty

I don't think there are any others... confused

whirlysplat
Originally posted by Cosmic Cube
I don't think there are any others... confused

Please CC don't spoil it smile

Never
You said this

And what is your point? The GL Ring usage was in reference to Solaris (as noted by my saying Kyle contained Solaris going Superman with it).

Show me where I said he had the Sword of Truth in DC 1,000,000 pretty please?

LoL looking for a red herring that doesn't exist.

whirlysplat
And what is your point? The GL Ring usage was in reference to Solaris (as noted by my saying Kyle contained Solaris going Superman with it).

Show me where I said he had the Sword of Truth in DC 1,000,000 pretty please?

LoL looking for a red herring that doesn't exist.

You said he had the sword of truth he doesn't, it doesn't exist.

No biggie smile

Never
You said he had the sword of truth he doesn't, it doesn't exist.

No biggie smile

I also said "I'd rather trust Grant Morrison." <--- notice no comic book reference? I guess you missed that part?

You're putting words in my mouth to try to advance your point. I NEVER said Superman Prime had the Sword of Truth in DC 1,000,000 yet you claim that I did. That's how "myths are made."

No biggie indeed shifty

LoL, nice try though.

Cosmic Cube
Superman Prime only appeared in DC 1 Million. You said "With the Sword of Truth he shapes reality." If Superman Prime only appeared in DC 1 Million, where else could he be portrayed with the sword?

You certainly implied that the sword was in DC 1,000,000.

whirlysplat
I also said "I'd rather trust Grant Morrison." <--- notice no comic book reference? I guess you missed that part?

You're putting words in my mouth to try to advance your point. I NEVER said Superman Prime had the Sword of Truth in DC 1,000,000 yet you claim that I did. That's how "myths are made."

So again I ask you where do you think he had it?

Your post I believe smile

Its no biggie if you've never read 1 million, you can still debate what you hear, its cool smile

whirlysplat
Superman Prime only appeared in DC 1 Million. You said "With the Sword of Truth he shapes reality." If Superman Prime only appeared in DC 1 Million, where else could he be portrayed with the sword?

Indeed smile

Its no biggie thoughsmile

Cosmic Cube
Your post I believe smile

Its no biggie if you've never read 1 million, you can still debate what you hear, its cool smile

lol...

Never

Wrong. Um, did I say with the Sword of Truth Superman Prime SHAPE***D*** <--- notice the "D," as in past tense, as in he DID it?

I said "SHAPES" as in is CAPABLE of SHAPING reality.

Sorry, you READ it as my saying he had the Sword of Truth in DC 1,000,000. That is not what I implied.

LoL, now I didn't read DC 1,000,000 which is precisely how I know that Superman got knocked out by Captain Marvel, how Vandal Savage caught that arrow, how Hourman had the virus and brought it back, how Batman 1M knocked out Batman with a kick that he learned from an octopus I think (while sucking up his essence in that vial), how Big Barda was beating on Wonder Woman 1M with the particle accelerator, how Wonder Woman 1M has two bracelet/discs named Harmony and Chastity, how Barda hit Wonder Woman with that rod, how Superman 1M punched through time, how Starman aided in destroying Solaris -- right? LMAO

Nice try though.

Anything else?

Cosmic Cube
Wrong. Um, did I say with the Sword of Truth Superman Prime SHAPE***D*** <--- notice the "D," as in past tense, as in he DID it?

Sorry, you READ it as my saying he had the Sword of Truth in DC 1,000,000. That is not what I implied.

He would be capable of shaping reality with it, if he had it.

whirlysplat

LoL, now I didn't read DC 1,000,000 which is precisely how I know that Superman got knocked out by Captain Marvel, how Vandal Savage caught that arrow, how Hourman had the virus and brought it back, how Batman 1M knocked out Batman with a kick that he learned from an octopus I think (while sucking up his essence in that vial), how Big Barda was beating on Wonder Woman 1M with the particle accelerator, how Wonder Woman 1M has two bracelet/discs named Harmony and Chastity, how Barda hit Wonder Woman with that rod, how Superman 1M punched through time, how Starman aided in destroying Solaris -- right? LMAO

Nice try though.

Anything else?

Then when did prime had the sword of truth? thats all I want to know shifty
If you say you read it thats cool, its good enough for me, as I said its no biggie.

The only question I have is where then do you think Prime had the Sword?

whirlysplat

Indeed CC poor grammar and as you know I'm dyslexicsmile

Never

Tomaytoe, tomahtoe.

Point being both of you misread it (similar to whirly trying to say that ALL objects are a blur to the naked eye regardless of distance if they are moving at the speed of sound).

Simply read what is there.

But instead of asking for clarification, you both assumed I said he had the Sword of Truth in DC 1,000,000 to try and advance your little agendas shifty

Like I said -- nice try though.

Grant Morrison mentioned he did -- which is precisely why I said "I'd rather trust Grant Morrison" instead of taking your word for it.

Or I guess my saying that went over your head? LoL

And I have/read the comic books I reference -- which is why you got quiet after I told you in which comic book Black Bolt's mere whisper moved an entire city off of its foundation? Remember that?

See you next thread, buddy big grin

whirlysplat
Tomaytoe, tomahtoe.

Point being both of you misread it (similar to whirly trying to say that ALL objects are a blur to the naked eye regardless of distance if they are moving at the speed of sound).

But instead of asking for clarification, you both assumed I said he had the Sword of Truth in DC 1,000,000 to try and advance your little agendas shifty

I never said that you did and I explained that objects are only blurred at that kind of speed if they are below a certain size and near you. smile

Cosmic Cube
Tomaytoe, tomahtoe.

Grant Morrison mentioned he did -- which is precisely why I said "I'd rather trust Grant Morrison" instead of taking your word for it.

And I have/read the comic books I reference -- which is why you got quiet after I told you in which comic book Black Bolt's mere whisper moved an entire city off of its foundation? Remember that?

Tomaytoe, Watermelon.

Spiderman can manipulate reality, if he has the Infinity Reality Gem. Get my drift?

Never
I never said that you did and I explained that objects are only blurred at that kind of speed if they are below a certain size and near you. smile

Hardly any need to "explain" something so obvious considering I was talking ONLY about Doomsday and Superman fighting -- which is what I said in the thread smile

Never
Tomaytoe, Watermelon.

Spiderman can manipulate reality, if he has the Infinity Reality Gem. Get my drift?

Then don't put words in my mouth.

Get mine?

whirlysplat
Tomaytoe, tomahtoe.

I have another question could you tell me where Grant Morrison said this?

Never
I have another question could you tell me where Grant Morrison said this?

On his messageboard. Anything else?

Dig dig dig!

Cosmic Cube
Then don't put words in my mouth.

Get mine?

When did I?

You said that he shapes reality with the sword. He doesn't.

whirlysplat
Hardly any need to "explain" something so obvious considering I was talking ONLY about Doomsday and Superman fighting -- which is what I said in the thread smile

You said all things moving at the speed of sound blur, which is not truebig grin

It depends on size and distance amongst other thingssmile

whirlysplat
On his messageboard. Anything else?

Dig dig dig!

Could you find it at some point please Never, to reference your theory smile

Never
When did I?

You said that he shapes reality with the sword. He doesn't.

You said that I implied he did it in DC 1,000,000.

I never implied that. That is how you read it -- the mistake is yours.

Wrong. You keep tossing them up there, I'll keep knocking them down.

I said:

And before you try to twist THAT up I was supporting Superman's statement about Doomsday -- in other words, Doomsday had to be moving around the speed of sound to be a blur to Superman.

Again, nice try.

whirlysplat

I said:

And before you try to twist THAT up I was supporting Superman's statement about Doomsday -- in other words, Doomsday had to be moving around the speed of sound to be a blur to Superman.

Again, nice try.

Well I think we've made our points and your posts have spoken for you. Have a nice day Never, and I'll look after the sword of truth. smile

Cosmic Cube

I said:

Again, nice try.

Superman Prime never appeared outside of DC 1,000,000. If he didn't have the sword in DC 1,000,000, he doesn't have it. If he didn't shape reality in DC 1,000,000, he didn't do it. Are you just trying to save face?

That depends on how close Doomsday was to Superman. Blur to the human eye does not necessarily = speed of sound.

whirlysplat
Superman Prime never appeared outside of DC 1,000,000. If he didn't have the sword in DC 1,000,000, he doesn't have it. If he didn't shape reality in DC 1,000,000, he didn't do it. Are you just trying to save face?

That depends on how close Doomsday was to Superman. Blur to the human eye does not necessarily = speed of sound.

I am bored with this CC so I'm pulling out of this thread its an attempt to defend an undefendable position by Never, I respect his tenacity but its pointless arguing if its just going to be the kind of spurious deflections being used here.

Cosmic Cube
I am bored with this CC so I'm pulling out of this thread its an attempt to defend an undefendable position by Never, I respect his tenacity but its pointless arguing if its just going to be the kind of spurious deflections being used here. Agreed.

Never

Did I say he "did" shape reality with the sword? I said he CAN shape reality with the sword. Just like saying I CAN beat you in a race with a Yamaha R-1. You are wrong. Read what is there.

"Save face?" Against YOU and whirly? LMAO, yeah right.

Doomsday hit Superman. Superman hit Doomsday. They were close. Don't you have the comic book? "The Death of Superman" with his cape attached to a stick planted in the ground? You know, when Doomsday arrived with one arm tied behind his back? Oh I forgot, I didn't read that either.

Yes, it is generally assumed that for an object to be a blur to the eye (DUH, we know it won't be a blur if it is 1/4 mile away from you) at relatively close range it is moving at the speed of sound or more.

You both ran in the thread thinking I said one thing when I said another --- so you based your ENTIRE 10 odd posts on that incorrect interpretation.

Congrats.

supremthor

Dark Phoenix wins by the way. big grin wat web do u download them from?

GalacticStorm
Originally posted by supremthor
wat web do u download them from?

I use the program called WinMx

supremthor
thnx alot

whirlysplat

Nice try though.

Anything else?

I wasn't going to bother asking this but shifty

One final question where in Superman one million do you think Captain Marvel knocks Superman out?smile

Its no biggiesmile

Cosmic Cube
Did I say he "did" shape reality with the sword? I said he CAN shape reality with the sword. Just like saying I CAN beat you in a race with a Yamaha R-1. You are wrong. Read what is there.

"Save face?" Against YOU and whirly? LMAO, yeah right.

Doomsday hit Superman. Superman hit Doomsday. They were close. Don't you have the comic book? "The Death of Superman" with his cape attached to a stick planted in the ground? You know, when Doomsday arrived with one arm tied behind his back? Oh I forgot, I didn't read that either.

Yes, it is generally assumed that for an object to be a blur to the eye (DUH, we know it won't be a blur if it is 1/4 mile away from you) at relatively close range it is moving at the speed of sound or more.

You both ran in the thread thinking I said one thing when I said another --- so you based your ENTIRE 10 odd posts on that incorrect interpretation.

Congrats.

That is exactly what you implyed. That may not have been what you intended to imply, though I doubt it, but you most certainly did imply it.

There are tons of people that Superman trades blows with, many of whom aren't as fast as he is.

A car traveling at 60 mph can be a blur, depending on your point of perspective. It doesn't have to be in front of your face, either.

HigH ScholaR
edit

id369

Well thier was a Marvel/DC crossover were Galactus made Superman his herld.

Superman was in his golden attire.

leonidas
from the annotations of the DC ONE MILLION 80-PAGE GIANT #1:

Items in the green display case left-to right: Blue Beetle's bug gadgets; a Starman Gravity Rod; Prometheus's helmet above a Parademon helmet; the now ubiquitous Professor Kirby's Dots; the Sword of Superman (refereed to in the text, from SUPERMAN (first series) ANNUAL #10); a Green Lantern power battery (possibly Alan Scott's); an unknown book (possible the Necronomicon); the Lord of Time's Anti-Hourglass (as mentioned by Superman M*); a small item between the Hourglass and the next item - just visible this is Professor Fortune's Badluck generator (see 69.1); and an unknown piece of technology.

on panel it is never stated that the sword is the sword of superman, but in the notes morrison DOES refer to it as such.

for what THAT'S worth . . .

i'm not even completely sure this story is within continuity . . . sad

Madguitarist
Just even saying that is stupid, really.

Yes it would have been stupid. If I was being serious but I wasn't, it was a severe analogy that was meant as a joke.

cheap cabbage
Superman prime smashed down the gates of heaven and turned the archangel michael into a quivering ball of pussy by looking at him. Kal-el turns jean into a smear on his fist. 1 Million is worthless, but he still has those reality warping 5D imp powers. He turns phoenix into a burger.

leonidas
Originally posted by cheap cabbage
Superman prime smashed down the gates of heaven and turned the archangel michael into a quivering ball of pussy by looking at him. Kal-el turns jean into a smear on his fist. 1 Million is worthless, but he still has those reality warping 5D imp powers. He turns phoenix into a burger.

not without the sword he doesn't . . .

Sir Whirlysplat
Originally posted by leonidas
from the annotations of the DC ONE MILLION 80-PAGE GIANT #1:

Items in the green display case left-to right: Blue Beetle's bug gadgets; a Starman Gravity Rod; Prometheus's helmet above a Parademon helmet; the now ubiquitous Professor Kirby's Dots; the Sword of Superman (refereed to in the text, from SUPERMAN (first series) ANNUAL #10); a Green Lantern power battery (possibly Alan Scott's); an unknown book (possible the Necronomicon); the Lord of Time's Anti-Hourglass (as mentioned by Superman M*); a small item between the Hourglass and the next item - just visible this is Professor Fortune's Badluck generator (see 69.1); and an unknown piece of technology.

on panel it is never stated that the sword is the sword of superman, but in the notes morrison DOES refer to it as such.

for what THAT'S worth . . .

i'm not even completely sure this story is within continuity . . . sad

It's not continuity it's elseworlds I am going to dig it out because I remeber seeing a sword but I do not remember reading anything from Morrison.

leonidas
Originally posted by Sir Whirlysplat
It's not continuity it's elseworlds I am going to dig it out because I remeber seeing a sword but I do not remember reading anything from Morrison.

you have it? cool. i didn't think it was continuity, but i remembered reading something about it. let me know what you find.

The Ion
It's not Elseworld. It's in JLA continuity meaning they remember the entire trip to the future.

leonidas
ahaaa . . . the plot thickens . . . so then it seems that (while not explicitly stated on panel) the sword DID make an appearance post-crisis . . .

shifty

Sir Whirlysplat
Originally posted by The Ion
It's not Elseworld. It's in JLA continuity meaning they remember the entire trip to the future.

It's a possible future as far as DC were concerned.

cheap cabbage
not without the sword he doesn't . . .

He never used the sword. He didn't recieve it until after he busted into heaven. Then all we see is his sword sitting in some museum. The comic was never clear on what exactly he did with it. But him wrecking god was all superman.

hoorayforpeepee
off-panel

leonidas
Originally posted by cheap cabbage
He never used the sword. He didn't recieve it until after he busted into heaven. Then all we see is his sword sitting in some museum. The comic was never clear on what exactly he did with it. But him wrecking god was all superman.

supes wrecked god??blink

clarify, please. where did this happen? scans? issue number?

supremthor
look we realy cant say whos stronger. superman prime is a comic character that no one knows shite about. the only thing we no about superman prime is that his more powerful then superman one million. and we know that a weakened superman one million with less then a fraction of his power was able to punch through time and space. has 5th dem imp blood ( you no like Mister Mxyzptlk). so that would make me think that superman one million is far above a skyfarther if his able to do that. But at the same time we are talking bout Dark Phoenix not the phoenix force so thous are two diff things in terms of power.

hoorayforpeepee
1,000,000 punching through time does NOT make him above skyfather. and he only has a fraction of imp blood, he doesn't get any reality warping from it. the only thing it did was generally increase the classic supes powerset (include perceptive powers), remove the weakness to magic, and give him "force vision".

Sir Whirlysplat
Originally posted by hoorayforpeepee
1,000,000 punching through time does NOT make him above skyfather. and he only has a fraction of imp blood, he doesn't get any reality warping from it. the only thing it did was generally increase the classic supes powerset (include perceptive powers), remove the weakness to magic, and give him "force vision".

high level telepathy and hypnosis and that was just what we saw smile Can Odin snuff out a star with his breath. If he could why not just blow out Surtur. wink

Cosmic Cube
high level telepathy and hypnosis and that was just what we saw smile Can Odin snuff out a star with his breath. If he could why not just blow out Surtur. wink
He speaks the truth.

cheap cabbage
supes wrecked god??blink

clarify, please. where did this happen? scans? issue number?

OK, he didn't exactly wreck god, but I thought it sounded cool. Everything about prime happened in the JLA 1,000,000 series. They give a little history lesson about supes and how he was pissed about being immortal and never joining his wife in heaven. So he went and overthrew hell, and smashed the gates of heaven. Archangel Michael didn't even try to stop him...so supes went on to have a nice talk with god.

Avalonofthewind

Agreed. Anyone who can make it rain hypnosis by rubbing his hands is pretty damn powerful.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.