Team Spider vs Team Bat

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

freezedoom
Team Spider:
- Spider-Girl
- Arana
- Scarlet Spider (Ben Reilly)
- Spiderman

Team Bat:
- Batman
- Robin (Tim Drake)
- Nightwing (Dick Grayson)
- Batgirl (Cassandra Cain)

CorderaMitchell
Team Spider

Pointinel
^yeehaw!

i knew that was coming!

CorderaMitchell
But I can explain why, can you debate against me, and convince me otherwise?

Pointinel
i agree on you... dammit

somebody forgot to take their chill pills this morning

newjak86
Even though I would take the Spidey team don't count out team Bats to early. They could win infact they have a better chance then you give them credit for.

CorderaMitchell
I didn't say no chance or anything, I just said spider team wins, I give the biggest threat to casssandra, IMO.

newjak86
Actually the point to Batteams win would be the teamwork they could employ. All of them are basically super trained soldiers so they can work as a team better and together that is hard to overcome. They all carry a killer arsenal on them and they would work alot better as a team.

CorderaMitchell
Originally posted by newjak86
Actually the point to Batteams win would be the teamwork they could employ. All of them are basically super trained soldiers so they can work as a team better and together that is hard to overcome. They all carry a killer arsenal on them and they would work alot better as a team.

Spiderman alone has taken on multiple supervillans, and I hope you realize other versions of the spider-team have killer arsneal on them, but overrall teamwork would go to Team bat.

This is a random fight, and not a comic match though, they wouldn't be around long enough to plan. They would pretty much die from ONE hit from these guys.

newjak86
Thats is the key there in that this is a random fight meaning team bat would be able to quickly come together and attack in a focused effort which team Spidey can't do. Team Bats are full of people that have fought together trained together and has better trained overall then Team Spidey in fighting therefore have a tactical advantage and in a team fight that can not be overlooked.

CorderaMitchell
Thats is the key there in that this is a random fight meaning team bat would be able to quickly come together and attack in a focused effort which team Spidey can't do. Team Bats are full of people that have fought together trained together and has better trained overall then Team Spidey in fighting therefore have a tactical advantage and in a team fight that can not be overlooked.

Why would they come together that quickly?

they'd be more worried about defending themselves.

Team spider, are fast brilliant thinkers, used to thinking on the fly, while team bats needs to prep.

newjak86
Very true but the point is that Team Bats is well trained and better trained then all of Spidey's team put together.
As to how they would come together quickly. They have trained together been in many dire situations together. That means that through actual combat fights they have learned each other's moves tendencies plus Batman pretty much trained all of these guys so he understands what each is capable of. Batman can't be overlooked here since his team would come together faster with his fighting knowledge and overall brain power to come up with good plans on the spot and a team more than capable of performing them they could focus their attacks and work as a team alot better. Spidey team is full of thinkers and vastly superior abilities but they would be a bunch of individuals compared to how well Batman's team would work just coming into a random battle.

CorderaMitchell
Very true but the point is that Team Bats is well trained and better trained then all of Spidey's team put together.
As to how they would come together quickly. They have trained together been in many dire situations together. That means that through actual combat fights they have learned each other's moves tendencies plus Batman pretty much trained all of these guys so he understands what each is capable of. Batman can't be overlooked here since his team would come together faster with his fighting knowledge and overall brain power to come up with good plans on the spot and a team more than capable of performing them they could focus their attacks and work as a team alot better. Spidey team is full of thinkers and vastly superior abilities but they would be a bunch of individuals compared to how well Batman's team would work just coming into a random battle.

I understand your points, but in terms of coming together, ADULT parker is an excellent leader and strategist as well, now kid parker is another story entirely.

newjak86
Yes he may be a good leader but the difference is that he would have to give complex orders and have to explain them to everyone while being attacked. Batman has trained with all of these people extensively so they know each other in and out. That kind of understaning only comes from training together and being out in many dire events which Bat's team has. Batman would be able to give the simpliest commands to get his team understanding what to do and what needs to be done meaning they can focus their attacks alot better than Spidey's team.

CorderaMitchell
Yes he may be a good leader but the difference is that he would have to give complex orders and have to explain them to everyone while being attacked. Batman has trained with all of these people extensively so they know each other in and out. That kind of understaning only comes from training together and being out in many dire events which Bat's team has. Batman would be able to give the simpliest commands to get his team understanding what to do and what needs to be done meaning they can focus their attacks alot better than Spidey's team.

Understood but if I really wanted to get technical I could say robin and bats don't get along.

They won't have time for commands, this isn't a comic match 4 on 4 with guys that move like ailens, they'd be taking it one on one with little time to gang up or anything.

newjak86
Not true it isn't like Spidey's team is looking for a fight so they will be caught of guard as well. Batman and Robin might not get along but I'm sure they are smart enough to realize that in this fight they would have to look out for each other. Plus the commands Batman could give would be like hand signals and very short sentence instructions. Bats team is no pushover in this fight. Spidey's team is good but they aren't exactly immortal they can be hurt by normal means that means Batman's team can pull out a victory due to their better teamwork.

Metalmanx
Team Spider. Definitely.

CorderaMitchell
Not true it isn't like Spidey's team is looking for a fight so they will be caught of guard as well. Batman and Robin might not get along but I'm sure they are smart enough to realize that in this fight they would have to look out for each other. Plus the commands Batman could give would be like hand signals and very short sentence instructions. Bats team is no pushover in this fight. Spidey's team is good but they aren't exactly immortal they can be hurt by normal means that means Batman's team can pull out a victory due to their better teamwork.

Forum rules state, that the characters DO know that they are in a fight, and are in BLOODLUST.

That means that spidey and friends aren't pulling punches.

Bat team can win, sure, but I wouldn't bet on them, see what I mean?

Bats would be considererd the most powerful, peter trounces him.

In fact 3 of the fighters are VERY similar to peter anyway.

newjak86
Originally posted by CorderaMitchell
Forum rules state, that the characters DO know that they are in a fight, and are in BLOODLUST.

That means that spidey and friends aren't pulling punches.

Bat team can win, sure, but I wouldn't bet on them, see what I mean?

Bats would be considererd the most powerful, peter trounces him.

In fact 3 of the fighters are VERY similar to peter anyway.
Belive it or not that helps my cause more they don't know it's a fight therefore Bat's team would be able to work as a team much better than Spidey's team. In this match that is very important as they can focus their attacks better. Meaning that while Spidey's team is just running around trying to beat people up Bat's team will be working as a well oiled machine picking on them one at a time. Plus Spidey's team can take damage like a normal person so once they get hit it could be like blood drawing sharks to the blue whale. Batman won't be holdong back either meaning that he won't be worrying about keeping the person alive so he and his team could dispatch a person that much easier.

Metalmanx
You forget that the Spiderman team has much higher durability than the Batman team does.

Spider powers and all. Don't forget that.

CorderaMitchell
Belive it or not that helps my cause more they don't know it's a fight therefore Bat's team would be able to work as a team much better than Spidey's team. In this match that is very important as they can focus their attacks better. Meaning that while Spidey's team is just running around trying to beat people up Bat's team will be working as a well oiled machine picking on them one at a time. Plus Spidey's team can take damage like a normal person so once they get hit it could be like blood drawing sharks to the blue whale. Batman won't be holdong back either meaning that he won't be worrying about keeping the person alive so he and his team could dispatch a person that much easier.

Knowing they're in a fight doesn't mean much if you don't know how your opponent is fighting.

I could tell you the concept of algebra, but that doesn't mean that you would be a master of it, without much time.

Spiderman and his team DO NOT take damage like a normal person, they are incredibly resilient, all the beatings peter has taken, that combined with the absolute FACT that his muscles, bones, and tissues, were augmented to lift the heavy loads that he does, allows him to take damage FAR beyond a human.

I was reading a comic today where a guy punched at peter, and peter simply parried it with his palm, and guess what? The guy broke his hand.

Thats what can happen to guys who take damages like humans.

Do you give team bats the better number of wins?

CorderaMitchell
Originally posted by Metalmanx
You forget that the Spiderman team has much higher durability than the Batman team does.

Spider powers and all. Don't forget that.
I confirmed that in my recent post, lol.

newjak86
Knowing they're in a fight doesn't mean much if you don't know how your opponent is fighting.

I could tell you the concept of algebra, but that doesn't mean that you would be a master of it, without much time.

Spiderman and his team DO NOT take damage like a normal person, they are incredibly resilient, all the beatings peter has taken, that combined with the absolute FACT that his muscles, bones, and tissues, were augmented to lift the heavy loads that he does, allows him to take damage FAR beyond a human.

I was reading a comic today where a guy punched at peter, and peter simply parried it with his palm, and guess what? The guy broke his hand.

Thats what can happen to guys who take damages like humans.

Do you give team bats the better number of wins? Well that does make since towards Spidey's team but this is like Batman the teacher already teaching all the kids all he knows understanding their strengths then making a test that each student could do on the spot. They already know the material so it is nothing new to them. They may be more durable but I'm sure a bomb can hurt them and they have been effected by gas before. Batman's team carries the more dangerous weapons plus they would work much better as a team and they are all skilled enough fighters not to be totally taken aback by Spidey's team.
How do I see this match going believe it or not I see this as a toss up. Either team can win 5/10 but it depends more on scenarios then actually what is on paper. For instance Batman's team has the skill teamwork and weapons to take out anyone on Spidey's team but they need to be smart about it. They can afford a few mistakes but not many.

CorderaMitchell
Well that does make since towards Spidey's team but this is like Batman the teacher already teaching all the kids all he knows understanding their strengths then making a test that each student could do on the spot. They already know the material so it is nothing new to them. They may be more durable but I'm sure a bomb can hurt them and they have been effected by gas before. Batman's team carries the more dangerous weapons plus they would work much better as a team and they are all skilled enough fighters not to be totally taken aback by Spidey's team.
How do I see this match going believe it or not I see this as a toss up. Either team can win 5/10 but it depends more on scenarios then actually what is on paper. For instance Batman's team has the skill teamwork and weapons to take out anyone on Spidey's team but they need to be smart about it. They can afford a few mistakes but not many.

They cant do anything if the team spiderman decieds to distance themselves, they can't, they have to fight them on their own terms.

Saying that, if bats dies then, the other team loses morale, all of those guys can die with ONE punch, team bats needs alot more effort and moving, and since they have noone to fight up close so they can get their best stuff out, they are constantly pushed back.

THAT is a major disadvantage.

We constantly skip the webbing and precog here, these guys can be webbed and slammed into each other, peter alone works fine against multiple supervillans, with all of them one against one, hope is low indeed.

If one of them is webbed up, the other will be too occupied fighting to help the other then, then its 4/3, they definitely aren't winning then.

newjak86
Actually grenades and baterrangs can be used at distance. You can't compare these to normal thugs or even other supervillians because normally supervillians wouldn't work as well together as Batman's team plus they normally don't bring the skills these guys have.
also these aren't normal human thugs that Spidey goes though like butter. These guys are highly skilled people all of which could be considered peak human plus they have all worked and trained together before and in a team battle where the other team isn't invulnerable these things can not be discounted in a team match. Plus they argueably have the better field leader who knows what each of his people are capable of and is more than capable of out thinking any of team Spidey in a fight.

CorderaMitchell
Actually grenades and baterrangs can be used at distance. You can't compare these to normal thugs or even other supervillians because normally supervillians wouldn't work as well together as Batman's team plus they normally don't bring the skills these guys have.
also these aren't normal human thugs that Spidey goes though like butter. These guys are highly skilled people all of which could be considered peak human plus they have all worked and trained together before and in a team battle where the other team isn't invulnerable these things can not be discounted in a team match. Plus they argueably have the better field leader who knows what each of his people are capable of and is more than capable of out thinking any of team Spidey in a fight.

I understand you saying training, but they are still of human physiology, and need to try MUCH harder to win, they lob, spidey team dodges.

Spiderteam has the better dodgers, and they aren't truly that far ahead, because of precog.

Bat team is 5% the better thinker of spiderman team, but spiderman team has pre cog for that.

Bat team is physically overwhelmed to for that mater.

You keep saying in a team, spiderman himself has been working ALONE for years, his resourcefullness, and thinking has seen him through countless matches with many odds.

1 spiderman could give 2 or 3 of them trouble, but a team of spider type people?

Team bats needs some serious luck to win.

willRules
Team Btas has the teamwork skilz but team Spider are uber-powerful compared to team bats......hhhhmm......

Im gonna say team spider but team bats has a chance...............

Max Spidey 24
Spiderman jumps on a building and Shoots web, yanking them into each other, or into a wall. He webs there belt so it can't open. Oh yeah the rest of the team eats popcorn.....Don't kill me bat people.

CorderaMitchell
Agreed. Spiderman could take bats and robin, and give another trouble in bloodlust, but scarlet, spidergirl, AND arana?

CorderaMitchell
Originally posted by Max Spidey 24
Spiderman jumps on a building and Shoots web, yanking them into each other, or into a wall. He webs there belt so it can't open. Oh yeah the rest of the team eats popcorn.....Don't kill me bat people.

Aren't you THE BATMAN? shifty

Max Spidey 24
Aren't you THE BATMAN? shifty

What ever gave you that Idea ? batman

newjak86
Not as much as you think. Spidey has been given some trouble from peak level humans with a bunch of fighting skills. He should win by all accounts one on one but in a team match with this type of team those points become voided. They have Pre cog but that only alerts them to danger in thi fight it is gonna take more than just knowing danger is coming.Thats the point Spidey has been working alone meaning that as a team Spidey just won't be able to pull together his team like Team Bats would. Batman is just as resourceful in fact it could be argued he is more so. They are still well trained humans that have enough tech adn teamwork capabilities to take downany member of Spidey's team Pre Cog or not. If you think not then tell me how many time Spidey has been KOed before. The point is they a more durable but not to the point where they are bullet proof or gas proof.

CorderaMitchell
Not as much as you think. Spidey has been given some trouble from peak level humans with a bunch of fighting skills. He should win by all accounts one on one but in a team match with this type of team those points become voided. They have Pre cog but that only alerts them to danger in thi fight it is gonna take more than just knowing danger is coming.Thats the point Spidey has been working alone meaning that as a team Spidey just won't be able to pull together his team like Team Bats would. Batman is just as resourceful in fact it could be argued he is more so. They are still well trained humans that have enough tech adn teamwork capabilities to take downany member of Spidey's team Pre Cog or not. If you think not then tell me how many time Spidey has been KOed before. The point is they a more durable but not to the point where they are bullet proof or gas proof.

I understand that, but in high gear, spiderman sports the coordination and other means to disable multiple opponents, he is one of marvels main dodgers.

Batman has also been given trouble by thugs, but I'm betting team spidey disables one of team bats, before things get too heated.

4/3 aint looking so good.

CorderaMitchell
What ever gave you that Idea ? batman

Uhhhh, your title. stick out tongue

Max Spidey 24
Uhhhh, your title. stick out tongue

If you read it backwards, it says Spiderman batman

newjak86
I understand that, but in high gear, spiderman sports the coordination and other means to disable multiple opponents, he is one of marvels main dodgers.

Batman has also been given trouble by thugs, but I'm betting team spidey disables one of team bats, before things get too heated.

4/3 aint looking so good. They could but with the speed and effectiveness Batman's team could come together they could take out a member of Spidey's team making it a 4 on 3 for Bat's team.
I belive this match if better for Bat's team in the begining beause of the reasons stated above.
It supports Spidey's team in the a mid time level battle because that means Spidey's team survived the intial charge and attacks enough to last.
Still though the longer this match goed the more it becomes a disadvantage for both. Spidey's team is above Batman's team physically so that means their endurance will also be higher but Bat's team is conditioned enough to not be to effected though. Also the longer the match goes the more time it gives Bats to understand how to better attack everyone.

CorderaMitchell
They could but with the speed and effectiveness Batman's team could come together they could take out a member of Spidey's team making it a 4 on 3 for Bat's team.

Yes, thats possible, but you and I know and realize that its VERY irrational, and isn't going to happen, I could say spidey team could pressure the hell out of one, and they could, given their speed, AND do it more effectively.

I belive this match if better for Bat's team in the begining beause of the reasons stated above.

Again, Its like you got 4 slower people boxed in, who are susecptible to their own explosions, and gas etc. Batteam would have trouble with a spiderman, 4 of them is too much.

It supports Spidey's team in the a mid time level battle because that means Spidey's team survived the intial charge and attacks enough to last.

Opposite, bat team has a MAJOR disadvantage in a random fight like this, a spidey speedblitz in the very beginning, can end this, THAT and the equipment of the bat team is limited.

I don't think they're going to just lob away either, they don't know that these characters are super this or that to an extent NOT to go hand to hand, someone will be forced hand2 hand, and when that happens.

Still though the longer this match goed the more it becomes a disadvantage for both. Spidey's team is above Batman's team physically so that means their endurance will also be higher but Bat's team is conditioned enough to not be to effected though. Also the longer the match goes the more time it gives Bats to understand how to better attack everyone.

Yea, but they can lose with ONE HIT, its not very convincing that they'll last over 2 minutes, a real fight isn't even that long.

CorderaMitchell
If you read it backwards, it says Spiderman batman

Oh, now I see it, my bad. wink

Max Spidey 24
Oh, now I see it, my bad. wink

laughing

newjak86
Wow I forgot how to multi quote already CM anyway. Spidey speed blitzing would mean they have to know about the fight before hand or that they got the jump on Bat's team which the poster never stated meaning that it is a random fight that both teams start. NOW believe it or not rushing in and trying to overwhelm suits batman's team better. You see Spidey's team would be rushing in disorganized and in shambles.
Just one example of how Bat's team would deal with that is throw a smoke grenade to stop them or gas whatever you want. Of course being trained as martial artists and working together as team gives them the advantage here. They have breathing gadgets they place over tier faces so they can still see and breath meaning that Spidey's team is in trouble.
This is one situation. Now if these guys were super fast like Flash speed then yes a speeb blitz would work but these people aren't nearly that fast.

Metalmanx
You make it sound like Spidey people don't deal with gas attacks every other day. They know exactly what to do in case of gas. They would be moving so fast they could either...1. Just run through it. 2. Just stop and avoid it. 3. Jump to another angle and attack that way. 4. The list goes on.

Spidey Team has too much going for them. What's to stop Spidey or one of the others from webbing Batman's hand while he's holding a grenade or smoke bomb? It would be stuck to his hand and there wouldn't be anything he could do about it.

You make it sound as if Team Spider just rambles on into battles, like Juggernaut. Even if they charge, they're still ready and fully prepared for anything, and be able to dodge anything as well. Even though Spidey usually fight alone, he has very good knowledge on how to lead a team, since well, he's done it before several times. He knows how to be led as well, though that won't be the case in this match.

And don't forget the webbing. If one person is webbed up in a way that they are incapacitated, that's one person out of the fight, since the webbing lasts for several hours.

There's just really nothing that Team Bat can really do to Team Spider to really hinder them in the slightest. I mean, if you think about it, Robin and Batgirl will probably go down first. And then that leaves Batman and Nightwing. 2 on 1 for each one. And then Nightwing probably goes down next. Four Spidey people on Batman. That's most likely what will end up happening.

CorderaMitchell
Wow I forgot how to multi quote already CM anyway. Spidey speed blitzing would mean they have to know about the fight before hand or that they got the jump on Bat's team which the poster never stated meaning that it is a random fight that both teams start. NOW believe it or not rushing in and trying to overwhelm suits batman's team better. You see Spidey's team would be rushing in disorganized and in shambles.
Just one example of how Bat's team would deal with that is throw a smoke grenade to stop them or gas whatever you want. Of course being trained as martial artists and working together as team gives them the advantage here. They have breathing gadgets they place over tier faces so they can still see and breath meaning that Spidey's team is in trouble.
This is one situation. Now if these guys were super fast like Flash speed then yes a speeb blitz would work but these people aren't nearly that fast.

To multiquote, simply cut and paste your arguments, with the first part before the statement, with no spaces, and the second part with one.

I say look at it like a classic rpg game or something.

Warriors(spidey), are effective, but CAN get owned by wizards (bats), with enough preparation and time before their matches to know what to do.

Warriors in a random fight would slaughter wizards, because they need to much time to make defenses, when the warrior has one at will.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.