KOTOR VS. Galaxies

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Julie
KOTOR or Galaxies? Which will you play?
Both games are RPG, but which will be better?....

LanceWindu
I say both, but I'm not rich. So that needs to be changed.

Ushgarak
No contest for me, KOTOR wins.

For a start, mass on-line RPG's very quickly start feeling a lot less like the 'real' thing than they should due to people messing around.

Secondly, it will be fee-paying, and games are pricey enough without me having to pay month by month fir the privilege of playing

Thirdly, KOTOR is a definitive storyline. This is far more fun than the vague experience Galaxies would be.

Fourthly, I role-play Star Wars (in real life as well as around here) anyway for a fraction of the cost. I don't NEED a computer game to try and simulate a role-playing experience.

Fifthly, unless they cock up continuity, your only decent shot at being a Jedi is in KOTOR...

LanceWindu
But in Galaxies you get to chose your outcome, not just a straight story where you win or you don't win.

Captain REX
KOTOR wins by a landslide. Galaxies looks kinda lame.

LanceWindu
Well I think they both have great graphics and they each bring something unique to the table.

Captain REX
What ever you say... roll eyes (sarcastic)

Do we get to shoot things in Galaxies? wink

LanceWindu
Yeah, you play a person helping set up colonies and if you run into people you can go on missions for various things. Like shooting people that are bad.

Julie
KOTOR for me big grin

LanceWindu
Well Galaxies is now going to be released for PC, X-Box, and PS2

Julie
I think I'll still go for KOTOR.....I wouldn't want both .....maybe I'll get galaxies after I've spent 200 some odd hours beating KOTOR....that's a long time though

LanceWindu
I want Galaxies more because of the online feature.

Julie
Well do you have an x-box?....I think KOTOR may be linkable....that will be cool....if only I had a few more obsessed star wars fans within x-box linkable didstance

LanceWindu
I only have PS2 as a next gen system.

Julie
Then you could buy Bounty Hunters...that'll make your choice even harder big grin

LanceWindu
But I thought Bounty Hunter was only going to be on GC.

And the PS2 will have Galaxies so I'll try to get that.

Bespin Bart
My bro says he wants bounty hunter. I've seen some pics. Cool game.

LanceWindu
Yeah most pics these days are great, it's just the gameplay factor that is what's important.

Ushgarak
You will probaly find, Lance, that KOTOR's set story will work much better than the formlessness of Galaxies.

You should play the (ENORMOUS!) Baldur;s Gate games to get a taste of what KOTOR will be like. It's not like Final Fantasy; those games are amazingly non-linear, in many ways.

LanceWindu
Well regardless I am still going to at least try both of these games. Then if I like them both I will try to buy them, if I only like one I'll get that, and so on and so forth.

Mujaffa
you'll gotta try em all .. theire ****ingtastic

Julie
I still say go for KOTOR......there are so many Star Wars and other great games out there that we have to do some prioritizing

darthcraka
i got both of em i have never ben addicted to any game as bad as i am galaxies but only one that comes close is KOTOR i cant wait till KOTOR2 komes out

Julie
I want it to be out now!!!!! or yesterday:-)

darthcraka
heh exactly how i feel

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.