KMC Forums

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Already a member? Log-in!

Home » Star Wars » Star Wars: Literature & Expanded Universe » KOTOR VS. Galaxies

KOTOR or Galaxies????
You do not have permission to vote on this poll.
Knights of the Old Republic 10 71.43%
Star Wars Galaxies 1 7.14%
Neither...not my thing 0 0%
Both...I'm obsessed..and rich 3 21.43%
Total: 14 votes 100%
  [Edit Poll (moderators only)]

KOTOR VS. Galaxies
Started by: Julie

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (2): [1] 2 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Julie
The Student

KOTOR VS. Galaxies

KOTOR or Galaxies? Which will you play?
Both games are RPG, but which will be better?....

Old Post May 19th, 2002 03:52 AM
Click here to Send Julie a Private Message Find more posts by Julie Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
LanceWindu

I say both, but I'm not rich. So that needs to be changed.

Old Post May 19th, 2002 06:34 AM
Click here to Send LanceWindu a Private Message Find more posts by LanceWindu Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Ushgarak
Paladin

Co-Admin

No contest for me, KOTOR wins.

For a start, mass on-line RPG's very quickly start feeling a lot less like the 'real' thing than they should due to people messing around.

Secondly, it will be fee-paying, and games are pricey enough without me having to pay month by month fir the privilege of playing

Thirdly, KOTOR is a definitive storyline. This is far more fun than the vague experience Galaxies would be.

Fourthly, I role-play Star Wars (in real life as well as around here) anyway for a fraction of the cost. I don't NEED a computer game to try and simulate a role-playing experience.

Fifthly, unless they cock up continuity, your only decent shot at being a Jedi is in KOTOR...

"We've got maybe seconds before Darth Rosenberg grinds everybody into Jawa burgers and not one of you buds has the midi-chlorians to stop her!"

"You've never had any TINY bit of sex, have you?"

BtVS

Old Post May 19th, 2002 11:06 AM
Click here to Send Ushgarak a Private Message Find more posts by Ushgarak Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
LanceWindu

But in Galaxies you get to chose your outcome, not just a straight story where you win or you don't win.

Old Post May 19th, 2002 05:21 PM
Click here to Send LanceWindu a Private Message Find more posts by LanceWindu Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
REXXXX
Networking

KOTOR wins by a landslide. Galaxies looks kinda lame.

Old Post May 19th, 2002 06:57 PM
Click here to Send REXXXX a Private Message Find more posts by REXXXX Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
LanceWindu

Well I think they both have great graphics and they each bring something unique to the table.

Old Post May 19th, 2002 07:12 PM
REXXXX
Networking

What ever you say... roll eyes (sarcastic)

Do we get to shoot things in Galaxies? wink

Old Post May 19th, 2002 10:48 PM
Click here to Send REXXXX a Private Message Find more posts by REXXXX Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
LanceWindu

Yeah, you play a person helping set up colonies and if you run into people you can go on missions for various things. Like shooting people that are bad.

Old Post May 20th, 2002 03:55 AM
Julie
The Student

KOTOR for me big grin

Old Post May 21st, 2002 02:28 AM
Click here to Send Julie a Private Message Find more posts by Julie Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
LanceWindu

Well Galaxies is now going to be released for PC, X-Box, and PS2

Old Post May 21st, 2002 02:32 AM
Julie
The Student

I think I'll still go for KOTOR.....I wouldn't want both .....maybe I'll get galaxies after I've spent 200 some odd hours beating KOTOR....that's a long time though

Old Post May 21st, 2002 02:34 AM
LanceWindu

I want Galaxies more because of the online feature.

Old Post May 21st, 2002 02:37 AM
Julie
The Student

Well do you have an x-box?....I think KOTOR may be linkable....that will be cool....if only I had a few more obsessed star wars fans within x-box linkable didstance

Old Post May 21st, 2002 02:51 AM
LanceWindu

I only have PS2 as a next gen system.

Old Post May 21st, 2002 02:53 AM
Julie
The Student

Then you could buy Bounty Hunters...that'll make your choice even harder big grin

Old Post May 21st, 2002 02:59 AM
LanceWindu

But I thought Bounty Hunter was only going to be on GC.

And the PS2 will have Galaxies so I'll try to get that.

Old Post May 21st, 2002 03:01 AM
Bespin Bart
Buggy

My bro says he wants bounty hunter. I've seen some pics. Cool game.

THIS IS WHAT WE'VE WAITED FOR
THIS IS IT, BOYS, THIS IS WAR!

Old Post May 21st, 2002 03:39 AM
Click here to Send Bespin Bart a Private Message Find more posts by Bespin Bart Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
LanceWindu

Yeah most pics these days are great, it's just the gameplay factor that is what's important.

Old Post May 21st, 2002 04:48 AM
Ushgarak
Paladin

Co-Admin

You will probaly find, Lance, that KOTOR's set story will work much better than the formlessness of Galaxies.

You should play the (ENORMOUS!) Baldur;s Gate games to get a taste of what KOTOR will be like. It's not like Final Fantasy; those games are amazingly non-linear, in many ways.

"We've got maybe seconds before Darth Rosenberg grinds everybody into Jawa burgers and not one of you buds has the midi-chlorians to stop her!"

"You've never had any TINY bit of sex, have you?"

BtVS

Old Post May 23rd, 2002 11:19 PM
Click here to Send Ushgarak a Private Message Find more posts by Ushgarak Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
LanceWindu

Well regardless I am still going to at least try both of these games. Then if I like them both I will try to buy them, if I only like one I'll get that, and so on and so forth.

Old Post May 23rd, 2002 11:48 PM