The Clone Wars vs Prequels

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

king_arthur
Which one did you prefer? I thought the Clone Wars was better than the prequels. There's more character development in this cartoon than in the actual movies. The lightsaber fights are better.

Director Genndy Tartakovsky and his crew had more imagination than George Lucas. It's a shame that Star Wars fans can do better work than Lucas himself. I wish Lucas had collaborated with more people when he made the prequels. Then we wouldn't have nonsenses like midichlorians, kid blowing up a Trade Federation ship, Jar Jar Binks, bad dialogues....

I wonder if Lucas took careful notes when he watched these cartoons and applied what he learned to ROTS.

DenKi
extremly true, theres more action in those 20 cartoon episodes then in 1 and 2 put together

The Ones
correction. 25 cartoon episodes

Tiberius
Originally posted by king_arthur
Which one did you prefer? I thought the Clone Wars was better than the prequels. There's more character development in this cartoon than in the actual movies. The lightsaber fights are better.

Director Genndy Tartakovsky and his crew had more imagination than George Lucas. It's a shame that Star Wars fans can do better work than Lucas himself. I wish Lucas had collaborated with more people when he made the prequels. Then we wouldn't have nonsenses like midichlorians, kid blowing up a Trade Federation ship, Jar Jar Binks, bad dialogues....

I wonder if Lucas took careful notes when he watched these cartoons and applied what he learned to ROTS. How old are you?

Ushgarak
How can you possibly call the Lightsabre fights better?

Jedi Priestess
He cant. These are cartoons people. There is a huge difference between a cartoon and a motion picture. Starting with the fact that cartoons are EU. stick out tongue

chinabing
The Clone Wars cartoons are mildly amusing, but they
can't hold a candle to the prequels.

The cartoons are 95 per cent fighting. There's so much of it,
that it became mind-numbingly repetitive, like "The Matrix."

And don't forget a lot of kids love Jar Jar, and young Anakin.
Remember lots of kids loved Return of the Jedi, and now
they're adults who still call it their favorite SW movie, (while
most adults who saw it when it came out thought it was the
worst). Soon enough, the kids who loved Jar Jar and young
Anakin will grow into adults who'll say TPM is their favorite!

Tiberius
Rotj was good, THE BEST. Look at the final duel and tell me Again ROTJ was the worst.

Ushgarak
(looks at it again and becomes more convinced than ever it is the worst)

General opinion of the SW fandom I am afraid, Tiberius.

The Clone Wars are a quality peice of work- but frankly, they are what they are and what they were designed to be; lightweight, bite-sized fun. They are not in the same league as the films.

Darth_Emodas
...made the prequels. Then we wouldn't have nonsenses like midichlorians, kid blowing up a Trade Federation ship, Jar Jar Binks, bad dialogues....

Anakin blowing up a Trade Federation ship demonstrates his talents even at his young age. Remember, he is considered to be an avatar of the Force itself to some. He will be capable of seemingly impossible things.

As to the midichlorians, I think it would've been really hookey to have the Force based on nothing factual. To actually have microscopic life forms in ones blood stream connecting oneself to a primordial energy source is actually not that difficult to believe at all.

Eleonora

Are you kidding me?
The drawings are horrible, the voices are crap, not to mention the dialogue.
Were you in your right mind when you wrote about the lightsaber fights? sick

ShadowKing
I for one found the dialogue snappy Eleonora, actually more in line with the way the OT were written, a little tongue in cheek once in a while, a little inside joke. Also, character development was tight, using very little visual cues to get feelings and plot points moving, like Anakin and Padme saying a wordless goodbye in the first episode and Obi-Wan's inability to get some sleep in comfort while it was raining.

It gave life to Ki-Adi, Shaak Ti, and Grievous in a way that was never really developed in ROTS.

IMHO, I liked the cartoon series and was really hoping ROTS would benefit from it's pacing....except for that whole green alien native species narrative...wtf was that in there for?

masterkit
I mostly liked the Character development in the Clone Wars, but they were very enjoyable

Eleonora
Personally I would have been more interested if it had been a series with real actors and sets etc.. That would have been so cool, with all the actors reprising their roles. I bet we would have seen ROTS in a slightly different light. smile
What a shame no mad

Jedi StunRun
I thought the Clone Wars was better than the prequels.

your having a laughno expression right?

lordofwar
The Jedi kicked ass in the cartoon. They were quite strong and powerful. This shows how the Jedi SHOULD have been in the prequels. It's ashamed that they are NOT like that in the movies (with the slight exception of Yoda). In the movies, they get killed cheaply by both droids and clones.

I like how Grievous was badass in the cartoons but gets killed in the end with a blaster by Obi-Wan. Why did you have to make him so weak in ROTS Lucas?

Stun
Originally posted by chinabing
The Clone Wars cartoons are mildly amusing, but they
can't hold a candle to the prequels.

The cartoons are 95 per cent fighting. There's so much of it,
that it became mind-numbingly repetitive, like "The Matrix."

Anakin will grow into adults who'll say TPM is their favorite!

i absolutley agree. Whatever you loved when you were a child just sticks with you.

Darth Jello
Clone Wars did 3 things very well-
a. The duel between Anakin and Assaj is my second favorite of all the movies.
b. The characterization of Grievous is a hell of a lot better and more frightening than in ROTS
c. Chapter 21 has the single best sequence in the entire series. The one with anakin walking through a crowd in a sketch part of Coruscant. That sequence was just beautifully animated. Gennedy and his team have a fantastic sense of timing.

Captain REX
The Anakin vs. Asajj duel wasn't in a movie, and therefore can't be compared to those that were.

I agree about Grievous, though...

Ever seen Samurai Jack? He does a lot of those scenes with Jack, which is probably why he threw it in for Anakin.

Spearhead
There was no character development in the CW's at all...

btw, how is this at all better than the real duels?

chinabing
Originally posted by lordofwar
I like how Grievous was badass in the cartoons but gets killed in the end with a blaster by Obi-Wan. Why did you have to make him so weak in ROTS Lucas?

I think it was refreshing to see somebody actually get it with a blaster, since they are usually so clumsy and random.

Darth Jello
what i'd really like to see in at least one of the tv shows or cartoon or whatever is someone fighting with a lightwhip. Never seen it and always wondered.

overlord
Originally posted by chinabing
Anakin will grow into adults who'll say TPM is their favorite! Not to constantly attack you or anything but that theory is too speculative and rediculous for words..

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.