KMC Forums

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Already a member? Log-in!

Home » Star Wars » Star Wars: Episode I, II & III » The Clone Wars vs Prequels

The Clone Wars vs Prequels
Started by: king_arthur

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (2): [1] 2 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
king_arthur

The Clone Wars vs Prequels

Which one did you prefer? I thought the Clone Wars was better than the prequels. There's more character development in this cartoon than in the actual movies. The lightsaber fights are better.

Director Genndy Tartakovsky and his crew had more imagination than George Lucas. It's a shame that Star Wars fans can do better work than Lucas himself. I wish Lucas had collaborated with more people when he made the prequels. Then we wouldn't have nonsenses like midichlorians, kid blowing up a Trade Federation ship, Jar Jar Binks, bad dialogues....

I wonder if Lucas took careful notes when he watched these cartoons and applied what he learned to ROTS.

Old Post Sep 3rd, 2005 12:13 PM
Click here to Send king_arthur a Private Message Find more posts by king_arthur Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
DenKi

extremly true, theres more action in those 20 cartoon episodes then in 1 and 2 put together

Old Post Sep 3rd, 2005 03:31 PM
Click here to Send DenKi a Private Message Find more posts by DenKi Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
The Ones
Death Eater

correction. 25 cartoon episodes

Harry Potter and the Triwizard Cup Spider-man 3

Old Post Sep 3rd, 2005 03:39 PM
Click here to Send The Ones a Private Message Find more posts by The Ones Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Funkadelic

Re: The Clone Wars vs Prequels

quote: (post)
Originally posted by king_arthur
Which one did you prefer? I thought the Clone Wars was better than the prequels. There's more character development in this cartoon than in the actual movies. The lightsaber fights are better.

Director Genndy Tartakovsky and his crew had more imagination than George Lucas. It's a shame that Star Wars fans can do better work than Lucas himself. I wish Lucas had collaborated with more people when he made the prequels. Then we wouldn't have nonsenses like midichlorians, kid blowing up a Trade Federation ship, Jar Jar Binks, bad dialogues....

I wonder if Lucas took careful notes when he watched these cartoons and applied what he learned to ROTS.
How old are you?

It's an image worth pondering for a moment. Maybe, when you cut past the instrumental and songwriting virtuosity, the funny voices and characters, what is left is a man alone in his recording studio for days at a time.

Old Post Sep 3rd, 2005 03:58 PM
Click here to Send Funkadelic a Private Message Find more posts by Funkadelic Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Ushgarak
Paladin

Co-Admin

How can you possibly call the Lightsabre fights better?

"We've got maybe seconds before Darth Rosenberg grinds everybody into Jawa burgers and not one of you buds has the midi-chlorians to stop her!"

"You've never had any TINY bit of sex, have you?"

BtVS

Old Post Sep 3rd, 2005 04:13 PM
Click here to Send Ushgarak a Private Message Find more posts by Ushgarak Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
~JP~
yeah baby

He cant. These are cartoons people. There is a huge difference between a cartoon and a motion picture. Starting with the fact that cartoons are EU. stick out tongue

Old Post Sep 3rd, 2005 06:19 PM
Click here to Send ~JP~ a Private Message Find more posts by ~JP~ Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
chinabing

The Clone Wars cartoons are mildly amusing, but they
can't hold a candle to the prequels.

The cartoons are 95 per cent fighting. There's so much of it,
that it became mind-numbingly repetitive, like "The Matrix."

And don't forget a lot of kids love Jar Jar, and young Anakin.
Remember lots of kids loved Return of the Jedi, and now
they're adults who still call it their favorite SW movie, (while
most adults who saw it when it came out thought it was the
worst). Soon enough, the kids who loved Jar Jar and young
Anakin will grow into adults who'll say TPM is their favorite!

Old Post Sep 3rd, 2005 06:44 PM
Click here to Send chinabing a Private Message Find more posts by chinabing Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Funkadelic

Rotj was good, THE BEST. Look at the final duel and tell me Again ROTJ was the worst.

It's an image worth pondering for a moment. Maybe, when you cut past the instrumental and songwriting virtuosity, the funny voices and characters, what is left is a man alone in his recording studio for days at a time.

Old Post Sep 3rd, 2005 07:00 PM
Click here to Send Funkadelic a Private Message Find more posts by Funkadelic Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Ushgarak
Paladin

Co-Admin

(looks at it again and becomes more convinced than ever it is the worst)

General opinion of the SW fandom I am afraid, Tiberius.

The Clone Wars are a quality peice of work- but frankly, they are what they are and what they were designed to be; lightweight, bite-sized fun. They are not in the same league as the films.

"We've got maybe seconds before Darth Rosenberg grinds everybody into Jawa burgers and not one of you buds has the midi-chlorians to stop her!"

"You've never had any TINY bit of sex, have you?"

BtVS

Old Post Sep 3rd, 2005 07:23 PM
Click here to Send Ushgarak a Private Message Find more posts by Ushgarak Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Darth_Emodas

...made the prequels. Then we wouldn't have nonsenses like midichlorians, kid blowing up a Trade Federation ship, Jar Jar Binks, bad dialogues....

Anakin blowing up a Trade Federation ship demonstrates his talents even at his young age. Remember, he is considered to be an avatar of the Force itself to some. He will be capable of seemingly impossible things.

As to the midichlorians, I think it would've been really hookey to have the Force based on nothing factual. To actually have microscopic life forms in ones blood stream connecting oneself to a primordial energy source is actually not that difficult to believe at all.

Old Post Sep 3rd, 2005 07:52 PM
Click here to Send Darth_Emodas a Private Message Find more posts by Darth_Emodas Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Eleonora

Are you kidding me?
The drawings are horrible, the voices are crap, not to mention the dialogue.
Were you in your right mind when you wrote about the lightsaber fights? sick

Old Post Sep 6th, 2005 06:53 PM
Click here to Send Eleonora a Private Message Find more posts by Eleonora Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
ShadowKing
Fallen Jedi

I for one found the dialogue snappy Eleonora, actually more in line with the way the OT were written, a little tongue in cheek once in a while, a little inside joke. Also, character development was tight, using very little visual cues to get feelings and plot points moving, like Anakin and Padme saying a wordless goodbye in the first episode and Obi-Wan's inability to get some sleep in comfort while it was raining.

It gave life to Ki-Adi, Shaak Ti, and Grievous in a way that was never really developed in ROTS.

IMHO, I liked the cartoon series and was really hoping ROTS would benefit from it's pacing....except for that whole green alien native species narrative...wtf was that in there for?

Custom Sig courtesy of Ast!

Old Post Sep 7th, 2005 12:57 AM
Click here to Send ShadowKing a Private Message Find more posts by ShadowKing Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
SkinWalker

I mostly liked the Character development in the Clone Wars, but they were very enjoyable

-Halle Berry's Biggest Fan.:.Thanks Piggle Humsy-

Old Post Sep 7th, 2005 10:24 PM
Click here to Send SkinWalker a Private Message Find more posts by SkinWalker Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Eleonora

Personally I would have been more interested if it had been a series with real actors and sets etc.. That would have been so cool, with all the actors reprising their roles. I bet we would have seen ROTS in a slightly different light. smile
What a shame no mad

Old Post Sep 9th, 2005 04:54 PM
Click here to Send Eleonora a Private Message Find more posts by Eleonora Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Stun
"Adios Satipo"

I thought the Clone Wars was better than the prequels.

your having a laughno expression right?

Old Post Sep 9th, 2005 04:55 PM
Click here to Send Stun a Private Message Find more posts by Stun Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
lordofwar

The Jedi kicked ass in the cartoon. They were quite strong and powerful. This shows how the Jedi SHOULD have been in the prequels. It's ashamed that they are NOT like that in the movies (with the slight exception of Yoda). In the movies, they get killed cheaply by both droids and clones.

I like how Grievous was badass in the cartoons but gets killed in the end with a blaster by Obi-Wan. Why did you have to make him so weak in ROTS Lucas?

Last edited by lordofwar on Dec 3rd, 2005 at 10:48 AM

Old Post Dec 3rd, 2005 10:37 AM
Click here to Send lordofwar a Private Message Find more posts by lordofwar Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Stun
"Adios Satipo"

Originally posted by chinabing
The Clone Wars cartoons are mildly amusing, but they
can't hold a candle to the prequels.

The cartoons are 95 per cent fighting. There's so much of it,
that it became mind-numbingly repetitive, like "The Matrix."

And don't forget a lot of kids love Jar Jar, and young Anakin.
Remember lots of kids loved Return of the Jedi, and now
they're adults who still call it their favorite SW movie, (while
most adults who saw it when it came out thought it was the
worst). Soon enough, the kids who loved Jar Jar and young
Anakin will grow into adults who'll say TPM is their favorite!

i absolutley agree. Whatever you loved when you were a child just sticks with you.

Old Post Dec 3rd, 2005 11:11 AM
Click here to Send Stun a Private Message Find more posts by Stun Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Darth Jello
Cheese Spelunker

Clone Wars did 3 things very well-
a. The duel between Anakin and Assaj is my second favorite of all the movies.
b. The characterization of Grievous is a hell of a lot better and more frightening than in ROTS
c. Chapter 21 has the single best sequence in the entire series. The one with anakin walking through a crowd in a sketch part of Coruscant. That sequence was just beautifully animated. Gennedy and his team have a fantastic sense of timing.

Wonder when will it'll all be over...
Living in a void when the void grows colder...
Wonder when it'll all be over?
Will you be laughing when it's over?

Old Post Dec 3rd, 2005 09:39 PM
Click here to Send Darth Jello a Private Message Find more posts by Darth Jello Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
REXXXX
Networking

The Anakin vs. Asajj duel wasn't in a movie, and therefore can't be compared to those that were.

I agree about Grievous, though...

Ever seen Samurai Jack? He does a lot of those scenes with Jack, which is probably why he threw it in for Anakin.

Old Post Dec 3rd, 2005 10:25 PM
Click here to Send REXXXX a Private Message Find more posts by REXXXX Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Spearhead
Prophet

There was no character development in the CW's at all...

btw, how is this at all better than the real duels?

Attachment: griev.gif
This has been downloaded 67 time(s).

I'm a signature!

Old Post Dec 3rd, 2005 10:36 PM
Click here to Send Spearhead a Private Message Find more posts by Spearhead Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote