Batman vs Sherlock Holmes in a Detective Competition

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

golem370
The first Mystery where is Jimmy Hoffa body buried?

The Second Mystery Is Elvis really Dead?

The Third Mystery Is Atlantis Real and where is it?

The Fouth Mystery what's in Area 51?

Who is the Greatest Detective Holmes of Batman.

King KAM
My man Detective Conan will out gumshoe both of those suckas.

masterbruce
I think I actually read a comic with Batman and Sherlock Holmes

they kinda worked together though so you couldn't tell who was better

but Sherlock Holmes was portrayed as a very very sharp and smart dude

King KAM
Originally posted by masterbruce
I think I actually read a comic with Batman and Sherlock Holmes

they kinda worked together though so you couldn't tell who was better

but Sherlock Holmes was portrayed as a very very sharp and smart dude
detective conan is so much better.

Orestes
Penny is the best. She has a computer book, man! A COMPUTER BOOK!

You can't touch the computer book.

King KAM
Originally posted by Orestes
Penny is the best. She has a computer book, man! A COMPUTER BOOK!

You can't touch the computer book.
dude conan, has...a penis!!!! HA!!! beat that!.

Orestes
Originally posted by King KAM
dude conan, has...a penis!!!! HA!!! beat that!.

eek!

I, uh ... no. I will not be beating that. Thanks. sick

jplatinum
Sherlock might give batjerk a run for his money.
Knowing batman if he starts loosing the competition, he'll win the fight.
He will sucker punch sherlock after inviting him over to celebrate.
Then beat him to death and dump his body.

Batjerk:"Alfred give our friend some tea and.."

Batjerk:"Alfred, get your ass in here and dump this motha****er off the cliff."

Scoobless
pffft.... if Bat's invited Sherlock round with any ulterior motive the Holmes would know... plus Sherlock often carries a gun and is quite capable of handling himself in a bout of fisticuffs

Juntai
Batman.. Sherlock actually has the need to figure out plots, even though he does so hastily and with precision.

jplatinum
Hell,
Batman doesn't need to invite him over.
He could just walk up to him right after he wins and punch the shit out of him.
I've seen sherlock's best moves, he die if he uses them on batman.
Trust me, batjerk wins the fight.

RogerRamjet
Originally posted by golem370

wait up there...is Batsy allowed to make use of his super Bat-Computer?? well if so, Sherlock would come to a slight disadvantage, don't cha think??

Scoobless
Originally posted by RogerRamjet
wait up there...is Batsy allowed to make use of his super Bat-Computer?? well if so, Sherlock would come to a slight disadvantage, don't cha think??

but Sherlock has Watson.... and will be able to stay awake longer thanks to his heroin habit

smile

MERCILOUS

You really think they buried him?

Yes, Elvis is dead.

Atlantis is real (already located) in the Atlantic Ocean.

Nothing's in area 51, that's just a cover for area 52!

I'm the greatest detective!!!

jplatinum
Indeed you are,my friend, indeed you are.

batman
"Mercilous, I have something to show you at the batcave."

Jargon343
Hoffa is buried in Giants Stadium

Elvis is dead

There is no Atlantis

Secret government projects are in Area 51

You don't have to be a good detective for that shit, just gotta have a decent bullshit detector

King KAM
Hoffa is in my backyard

No he just went home(duh hasnt anyone seen MIB)

Yes Atlantis is real, its called Puerto Rico

And like my friend said, Area 51 is just a cover-up for Area 50

Dreampanther
In Sherlock Holmes' time - Sherlock Holmes.

In Batman's time - Batman

Hit_and_Miss
sherlock... hes english, and has the advantage of not always having to fight to solve his problems...(aka, the american way) big grin

King KAM
Originally posted by Hit_and_Miss
sherlock... hes english, and has the advantage of not always having to fight to solve his problems...(aka, the american way) big grin
screw you, pack of crumpet eating sissies

leonheartmm
sherlock held his own against professor moriority in hand to hand, he is capable of defendin himself quite well and lets not forget, holmes{or arthur conan doyle actually} was the inventor of forensic science, without that, bats wudnt be a detective at all, and ofcourse holmes is the true dady of detectives.

Jargon343
There wouldn't be any aircraft carriers if there weren't canoes and rafts first, but that doesn't mean they are more impressive than the carrier is.

Hit_and_Miss
screw you, pack of crumpet eating sissies

lol at this redneck..... what the matter bo'i, dadie not lettin ya marrie ya sister??

I'm not anti-american it was just a jk, chill winston....

King KAM
lol at this redneck..... what the matter bo'i, dadie not lettin ya marrie ya sister??

I'm not anti-american it was just a jk, chill winston....
Screw you sissy,
Whats the matter were to busy not brushin your horrible teeth, to go to tea time????, Im sorry that your people have bad teeth, and arent very good looking and that you all hang on to us because if you dont , any nation with any nuclear war power will blow you off the face of the earth......, you guys are a pack of sissys, who all need a good orthodontist, and a fashion consultant.

Hit_and_Miss
LOL UK has free dental service... usa You got ta pay!.... The whole "horrible teeth" thing is usa propaganda... Tea is nice to drink... usa has the highest obesity problem in the world...

Considering we are an island... we once had 1/3 of the world under our control.... usa has never had that kinda power.

Here chill out... I'll even buy you a drink.....

King KAM
LOL UK has free dental service... usa You got ta pay!.... The whole "horrible teeth" thing is usa propaganda... Tea is nice to drink... usa has the highest obesity problem in the world...

Considering we are an island... we once had 1/3 of the world under our control.... usa has never had that kinda power.

Here chill out... I'll even buy you a drink.....
not if it makes me look anything like you...

Hit_and_Miss
lol... that the best you got...

Poorly done face distorting???

Course if they taught you anything in school you might know something about the UK other then the propaganda....

Hit_and_Miss
forgot the pic i did for you....

King KAM
one im black, and in very good shape, but umm i forgot to show everyone this lovely pic.

King KAM
one im black, and in very good shape, but umm i forgot to show everyone this lovely pic.
too bad its of your mother.....

Hit_and_Miss
hang on... your countering yourself there.... is austin powers your mom????

Talk about bizare....

King KAM's wife....
http://www.grimmemennesker.dk/data/media/1/6.jpg

King KAM working out....
http://www.grimmemennesker.dk/data/media/1/buger.jpg

you got a very good shape for a fatty...

King KAM
hang on... your countering yourself there.... is austin powers your mom????

Talk about bizare....

King KAM's wife....
http://www.grimmemennesker.dk/data/media/1/6.jpg

King KAM working out....
http://www.grimmemennesker.dk/data/media/1/buger.jpg

you got a very good shape for a fatty...
yea im such fat ass.....

Hit_and_Miss
yup... just like you "work out"... kinda look like a stick there too me...

Good going, runt... show a sorry lookin pick of anyone to back up claims, only to prove ur not a buff as u claim...

King KAM
ive never claimed to be buff, im in shape, you idiot i fight LIGHTER so i have to weigh 150 when im in tournament shape!!!!!, and i kinda am 6foot1

Hit_and_Miss
Dam... You work out to get a shape like that... WHY BOTHER???

Yes I'm an idiot, as I don't know about your personal life....
yet....
.........who can't even be bothered to spellcheck there sig... *corrupted*

King KAM
Dam... You work out to get a shape like that... WHY BOTHER???

Yes I'm an idiot, as I don't know about your personal life....
yet....
.........who can't even be bothered to spellcheck there sig... *corrupted*
well im really lean and my cardio is great, when im in tournament, im not just skinny i just have low body fat and lean muscle mass

Orestes
Oh, cut the nationalistic crap out, for God's sake. You think either country is all that great? If you really pay attention to the laws that have passed and the way things actually work, you know that America is basically a totalitarian nation in disguise, and we're also divided for the most part into two general categories: filthy rich (a tiny minority) and dirt-freaking-barely-making-it poor (more and more, the rest of us).

As for the U.K., the people may have half a clue (at the very least, the European people in general seem to), but the government itself can't seem to get enough of kissing our psycho nation's ***. Probably because they kind of know who's in the best position to control what little remaining oil there is in the world right about now. That's all any of this fighting is about anyway, you know.

Flag-waving and chest-thumping is just hopelessly ignorant, frankly.

King KAM
Oh, cut the nationalistic crap out, for God's sake. You think either country is all that great? If you really pay attention to the laws that have passed and the way things actually work, you know that America is basically a totalitarian nation in disguise, and we're also divided for the most part into two general categories: filthy rich (a tiny minority) and dirt-freaking-barely-making-it poor (more and more, the rest of us).

As for the U.K., the people may have half a clue (at the very least, the European people in general seem to), but the government itself can't seem to get enough of kissing our psycho nation's ***. Probably because they kind of know who's in the best position to control what little remaining oil there is in the world right about now. That's all any of this fighting is about anyway, you know.

Flag-waving and chest-thumping is just hopelessly ignorant, frankly.
dude your not involved in this convo, sorry.....

Orestes
dude your not involved in this convo, sorry.....

Then take it to PMs rather than a public forum, Eistein. roll eyes (sarcastic)

King KAM
Then take it to PMs rather than a public forum, Eistein. roll eyes (sarcastic)
Im no eintstein im an american, and stop bein a stranger.

Hit_and_Miss
lol I'm just having a laugh... orestes I agree, but I'm not having a world debate here... Just abit of a laught....

black robb
Batman is just going to kill him anyway

Hit_and_Miss
lol....

Watson: So Sherlock... would you like to give your answers?
Sherlock: Yes watson, Its as elementary. For once I realised tha....
Batman: ARG!!!!
*Batman throws a batarang, which promptly hits Sherlock in the head...*
Watson: Well I guess batman is disqualified.. Violence doesn't solve myst...
Batman: ARG!!!!

golem370
bump

Mindset
Which Sherlock?

Anyway, Sherlock.

Mshinu
They are both the best in their place and time, put both in an envivorment they don`t know and I`ll give Holmes the nod (even if some of the science he used has later been proven outdated and wrong).

By the way some claim the Question is better than Batman at detective work. I don`t know jack about him but is he that good?

Mindset
Ted Kord is better than Batman, that's all I know.

Raptor22
Tea is nice to drink.

Juntai
Originally posted by Mshinu
They are both the best in their place and time, put both in an envivorment they don`t know and I`ll give Holmes the nod (even if some of the science he used has later been proven outdated and wrong).

By the way some claim the Question is better than Batman at detective work. I don`t know jack about him but is he that good? Others have their moments, fr4om Kord, to Question, to Chimp, but Batman is the best.

Blair Wind
17CLlZuiBkQ

Caps Conscience
Holmes hands down.

the ninjak
It's quite an unfair battle considering the eras. But I'm going with Holmes regardless.

Ash_J_Williams
http://www.myconfinedspace.com/wp-content/uploads/2009/10/batman-worlds-greatest-detective.jpg

JakeTheBank
Batman.

srankmissingnin
Sherlock. Spite.

Bruce doesn't have any Sherlock (Downey, Cumberbatch, Jonny Lee Miller) deductive reasoning or intuition feats. Sherlock rolls hard 20s on all his Spot, Gather Information, Sense Motive and Knowledge checks. He's hax.

Golgo13
Originally posted by Blair Wind
17CLlZuiBkQ

laughing out loud thumb up

dmills
Originally posted by srankmissingnin
Sherlock. Spite.

Bruce doesn't have any Sherlock (Downey, Cumberbatch, Jonny Lee Miller) deductive reasoning or intuition feats. Sherlock rolls hard 20s on all his Spot, Gather Information, Sense Motive and Knowledge checks. He's hax.

thumb up

kendostick3
Batman steamrolls

I've read 4 Sherlock novels, a majority of the memoirs and adventures of Sherlock Holmes short stores, I also own both Downey films

In the entire canon of the character Holmes has done nothing to put himself on Bruce's level of deductive reasoning and intellect. Bruce literally looked at Martian and deduced that he was a telepath with no prior knowledge or any physical signs. When the League recently fought Amazo he deduced that he was repairing himself with nanites, again with no physical signs or prior knowledge, even baffled Superman. This is all without tech also.

Someone might say that it isn't a fair comparison because Holmes doesn't have aliens and robots running around his world. Irrelevant, even for regular humans Holmes has never deduced and retrieved so much information in the span of a few seconds, without any physical signs or clues to work with. This is coming from someone who's read Sherlock Holmes for over a decade now.

Truth is even Nightwing and Question are better detectives than Holmes is. Dick while sitting at home in his underwear can solve cases of America's most Wanted just by watching it on TV.

Ize19
Originally posted by kendostick3
Batman steamrolls

I've read 4 Sherlock novels, a majority of the memoirs and adventures of Sherlock Holmes short stores, I also own both Downey films

In the entire canon of the character Holmes has done nothing to put himself on Bruce's level of deductive reasoning and intellect. Bruce literally looked at Martian and deduced that he was a telepath with no prior knowledge or any physical signs. When the League recently fought Amazo he deduced that he was repairing himself with nanites, again with no physical signs or prior knowledge, even baffled Superman. This is all without tech also.

Someone might say that it isn't a fair comparison because Holmes doesn't have aliens and robots running around his world. Irrelevant, even for regular humans Holmes has never deduced and retrieved so much information in the span of a few seconds, without any physical signs or clues to work with. This is coming from someone who's read Sherlock Holmes for over a decade now.

Truth is even Nightwing and Question are better detectives than Holmes is. Dick while sitting at home in his underwear can solve cases of America's most Wanted just by watching it on TV.

I'm sorry, but perhaps you want to read those stories again. That, and your post. Figuring out traits of another person, without relying on "physical signs or prior knowledge" is not called deduction, it's called guessing. The only way those feats count in Batman's favor for this thread is if there were physical signs that he observed, which were too minuscule to be noticed by others... and in that case, Sherlock has deduced much, much more information about others after just a moment's glance, than Batman did in either example.

One more thing to consider: Watson specifically tells us cases that he believes make for good stories- a closer re-read will show you that the vast majority of the cases Sherlock listens to, he solves without leaving his apartment. So no, Dick isn't better than Holmes either.

Endless Mike
Doesn't Batman have kind of an unfair advantage for number 3? You know, considering he knows Aquaman?

golem370
bump

Digi
bump

The scenarios in your OP are a bit too nebulous to really say for sure. They both normally start with clues and leads and such, not just a task with no prior information. Area 51 would obviously favor Bats, though, because he's more equipped for breaking and entering a complex. But that's not really a statement on his detective prowess.

Probably the closest to an answer you can get, without sliding into baseless conjecture, is saying that it depends on the scenario. Holmes is likely better at pure deduction, but certain scenarios would be easier to crack with Batman's tech and/or fighting prowess. I'd venture to say that any opinion beyond that is, at best, unprovable. And at worst, guesswork.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.