lady shiva vs elecktra

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

jesserw21
who wins?

Juntai
Shiva.

Solidus Snake
shiva....hands down

shiva could beat her in 6 seconds with one arm

willRules
Shiva wins......i am a Marvel fan so it pains me to say that, but its true.......

Superherovandal
Shiva wins in two seconds flat. with just one Tiger punch.

Orestes
Guess I'll be the one dissenting opinion once again. Elektra can throw down with freaking Wolverine toe-to-toe ... and win. She can sure as hell go toe-to-toe with Shiva. I'm not saying she'll automatically win, but saying she'd LOSE in two seconds flat is just stupid.

Superherovandal
Maybe not two seconds but in about 1 minute. Lady Shiva is the best martial artist in DCU(besides Karate Kid but then again whos better than him?). She can easily throw down Batman with little problem. She's beyond Electra. She has an arsenal of attacks that can easily incapacitate or even kill Electra.

EsteemedLeader
Originally posted by Superherovandal
Maybe not two seconds but in about 1 minute. Lady Shiva is the best martial artist in DCU(besides Karate Kid but then again whos better than him?). She can easily throw down Batman with little problem. She's beyond Electra. She has an arsenal of attacks that can easily incapacitate or even kill Electra.

She can't throw Batman down with little problem no2

But yeah, she takes Elektra down yes

Orestes

Shiva has lost to Batgirl and I believe also Batman now. She's about Batman's equal, perhaps ... but not really superior.

Cassandra Cain will eventually surpass her altogether if written properly, IMO ... but that's neither here nor there.

Elektra beats Wolverine. Wolverine is generally believed to be able to beat or at least stalemate Batman. Batman is at least equal to Shiva. So how is Shiva spanking Elektra like she's nothing?

*sniff, sniff*

I smell Batman/Shiva fanboys ... stick out tongue

EsteemedLeader
Originally posted by Orestes
Shiva has lost to Batgirl and I believe also Batman now. She's about Batman's equal, perhaps ... but not really superior.

Cassandra Cain will eventually surpass her altogether if written properly, IMO ... but that's neither here nor there.

Elektra beats Wolverine. Wolverine is generally believed to be able to beat or at least stalemate Batman. Batman is at least equal to Shiva. So how is Shiva spanking Elektra like she's nothing?

*sniff, sniff*

I smell Batman/Shiva fanboys ... stick out tongue

Excellent logic, except for one detail:

"Wolverine is generally believed to be able to beat or at least stalemate Batman"

Batman beats Wolverine.

Superherovandal
no Batman isn't as good or even close to as good as a martial artist as Shiva. Shiva is better than Bats and roughly equal to Batgirl. Batgirl beat her and I know that somehow Batman did too but I do remember that there was some PIS and CIS in it. I think either she was severely weakened or she was mind controled.

Orestes
Originally posted by EsteemedLeader
Excellent logic, except for one detail:

"Wolverine is generally believed to be able to beat or at least stalemate Batman"

Batman beats Wolverine.

I said generally. Some people think Batman beats Wolverine, as you do. I personally think it's closer to a tie.

Orestes
no Batman isn't as good or even close to as good as a martial artist as Shiva. Shiva is better than Bats and roughly equal to Batgirl. Batgirl beat her and I know that somehow Batman did too but I do remember that there was some PIS and CIS in it. I think either she was severely weakened or she was mind controled.

Somehow, Shiva always manages to be no better than Batman, though. Ditto with Cassie. I know I keep HEARING that they're better, but that doesn't seem to hold up in reality. wink

EsteemedLeader
Somehow, Shiva always manages to be no better than Batman, though. Ditto with Cassie. I know I keep HEARING that they're better, but that doesn't seem to hold up in reality. wink

Yeah, this all has to do with reality... roll eyes (sarcastic)

Orestes
Originally posted by EsteemedLeader
Yeah, this all has to do with reality... roll eyes (sarcastic)

Comic-book reality. I think you're smart enough to understand what I meant, friend. wink

Superherovandal
Batman himself ,who we all know would not say it if it was undeniably true, said that Cassandra Cain was waayyyy better than he was.

She is a better martial artist its just that he has all these gadgets. and even with them once when he was fighting her he only barely escaped (not won) because of his gadgets. He was getting pummelled.

EsteemedLeader
Comic-book reality. I think you're smart enough to understand what I meant, friend. wink

And in comic book reality, Shiva constantly loses. There must be some reason for this, hm what could it be...oh yeah! She's not good enough to beat Batman or Batgirl! eek!

Superherovandal
Base of Operations: Unknown
Marital Status: Single
Height: 5' 8"
Weight: 135
Eyes: Brown
Hair: Black
First Appearance: RICHARD DRAGON, KUNG-FU FIGHTER #5 (DECEMBER-JANUARY 1975/1976)

In the history of martial arts, one name stands above all the rest: Shiva.

Lady Shiva Wu-San has devoted her entire life to the quest for perfection in the martial arts, traveling to every corner of the globe in pursuit of a new technique, a better opponent, another form.

This single-minded passion has led her to become the premier martial artist in the world. Not even Batman has successfully defeated her in solo hand-to-hand combat. In fact, there's only person to have ever beaten Shiva - Batgirl.

At their first meeting, Shiva could see that, at last, she had found someone to potentially rival herself. But she sensed something was keeping Batgirl from achieving her full potential. Shiva therefore agreed to help unlock that potential, for a price: Batgirl must then meet her in a battle to the death one year later.

Batgirl agreed to the fight and arrived at the proper time, not expecting to survive the encounter. Instead, she realized that Shiva also had a subliminal deathwish; it was this insight, along with her unsurpassed skill and physical prowess, which allowed Batgirl to triumph.

Orestes
Quoting a character profile as your argument makes baby Jesus cry. stick out tongue

EsteemedLeader
Excerpt from the Official DC Comics Encyclopedia:

Under Batmans entry:

"quite possibly the greatest martial artist alive"

Orestes
There are at least half a dozen "greatest martial artist alive" characters in the comics. laughing

Anywho, all that matters is how it actually plays out. Which, again, is why I say Elektra is at least a good, even match for Shiva.

Superherovandal
possibly is what it says. and that profile is from official DC website.

Ultimate Ion
So can someone give me the issue where Cassie put the smackdown on Bruce?

EsteemedLeader
And mine is also official.

Piedmon
Odds definitely favor Shiva.

Elektra has a mysterious ability to go toe-to-toe with people she shouldn't have a prayer against, so she could turn it around. Especially if she's armed and Shiva's working bare fisted.

srankmissingnin
I suggest you all go to the comic shop and buy some back issues of Elektra's MK series. Elektra is Marvel's Lady Shiva... with low level tk and other assorted ninja mind tricks. Elektra would walk all over Lady Shiva at her best and even with out ninja tricks and tk I am tempted to give her the slight edge.

olympian
"Shiva has lost to Batgirl and I believe also Batman now"

In a clear fight Batman never won anything against Shiva.

Not to mention he looked bad in at least one match against Batgirl on another ocassion as well. She had the edge h2h.

In the end losing to Batgirl aint bad. I place her above Batman in martial ability.

"She's about Batman's equal, perhaps ... but not really superior."

She actually is by her showings and being considered equal to guys above Bats h2h.

She definatly isent in any way below him.

Edge to Shiva, she wins the majority.

DrDoom101
lady shiva

Superherovandal
Shiva only lost to Batman when she got mind controlled. And we all know that if she is mind controlled she loses her fighting ability because its not her actually fighting.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.