good night, and good luck

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

emmasmall
hey there--

wanted to say hello and ask if anyone else has seen "good night, and good luck"--possibly the best thing i've seen all year. i had my doubts (wasn't nuts about "confessions of a dangerous mind"wink, but Clooney definitely knows what he's doing--elegant and perfectly understated.

Murray
I thought it was one of the top 3 best films this year. This is going on my greats list.

Fantastic.
Excellent cinematography.
George Clooney did a phenominal job.

Next Venom_girl
I thought they did an excellent job. Great acting, and suspense. The nature of the topic is interesting, seeing the differences... and similarities to what's going on in the world today.

(and the 50's style advertisments were hilarious...)

Cinemaddiction
Those were genuine, vintage advertisements, BTW. Watched this tonight, and while I didn't necessarily care for the movie, I appreciated the straight forward cinematography and the very cool "noir" feel. That said, the story was a little preachy, and I think it was just George Clooney being political. Again. Maybe now that he has his Oscar, he'll STFU.

Capt_Fantastic
Originally posted by Cinemaddiction
That said, the story was a little preachy, and I think it was just George Clooney being political.

remember: it's hard to make up history...unless you own a newpaper or a TV station.

Myth
My friend has been trying to get me to see this for a while now, but I keep holding back. He is a political buff so I understand why he is so enthusiastic, but to me it just looks boring despite the critics loving it. Should I hold out and wait till I can rent it using an unlimited blockbuster rental pass or is this something I should really catch in the theater?

BackFire
You can wait for rental, coming out like next week.

MildPossession
It's worth seeing Myth, it's excellent.

Myth
I know I'm going to see it, the question is should I wait until I can do it for cheaper.

BackFire
Well, it comes out on DVD next week. In like 4 days. Might as well wait.

Myth
Yeah, but video rentals are $4.29 right now anyway. I'm now trying to figure out if I should wait till summer when I will buy a movie pass.

manny321
its not full of much. However when the main actor goes on TV he is just amazing. BUt there isn't much else.

wondrousmedium
I thought that more than anything else Good Night and Good Luck was CINEMATIC in every sense of the word. Mostly what I mean is that it was told in a way that would have been difficult to tell in a different medium. I think that too many films can be translated into other types of media (especially literature in this regard) but Clooney's film used lighting and cinematography as well as excellent acting to achieve this. The only thing I didn't like about it was that Murrow is portrayed as a nearly flawless human being. While Straithairn does an excellent job playing him, I think it's worth noting that he is basically a hero who performs a hero's job.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.