KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Movies » Movie Discussion » good night, and good luck

good night, and good luck
Started by: emmasmall

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
  Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
emmasmall

good night, and good luck

hey there--

wanted to say hello and ask if anyone else has seen "good night, and good luck"--possibly the best thing i've seen all year. i had my doubts (wasn't nuts about "confessions of a dangerous mind"), but Clooney definitely knows what he's doing--elegant and perfectly understated.

Old Post Oct 26th, 2005 05:49 PM
emmasmall is currently offline Click here to Send emmasmall a Private Message Find more posts by emmasmall Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Murray
Self-Pity Wallower

I thought it was one of the top 3 best films this year. This is going on my greats list.

Fantastic.
Excellent cinematography.
George Clooney did a phenominal job.

"Those who stand for nothing fall for anything." -Alexander Hamilton

Old Post Oct 30th, 2005 06:07 PM
Murray is currently offline Click here to Send Murray a Private Message Find more posts by Murray Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Next Venom_girl
Scream

I thought they did an excellent job. Great acting, and suspense. The nature of the topic is interesting, seeing the differences... and similarities to what's going on in the world today.

(and the 50's style advertisments were hilarious...)

Girls Kick Butt!Respect Venom|Respect Black Canary|Respect Namor|Respect Hellsing|The Official Symbiote Thread&Picture Thread

Old Post Nov 6th, 2005 01:41 AM
Next Venom_girl is currently offline Click here to Send Next Venom_girl a Private Message Find more posts by Next Venom_girl Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Cory Chaos
AmStar 14 Manager

Those were genuine, vintage advertisements, BTW. Watched this tonight, and while I didn't necessarily care for the movie, I appreciated the straight forward cinematography and the very cool "noir" feel. That said, the story was a little preachy, and I think it was just George Clooney being political. Again. Maybe now that he has his Oscar, he'll STFU.

Old Post Mar 9th, 2006 05:40 AM
Cory Chaos is currently offline Click here to Send Cory Chaos a Private Message Find more posts by Cory Chaos Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Devil King
Restricted

Account Restricted

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Cinemaddiction
That said, the story was a little preachy, and I think it was just George Clooney being political.

remember: it's hard to make up history...unless you own a newpaper or a TV station.

"If you were me, you'd know the safest place to hide...is in sanity!

Old Post Mar 9th, 2006 06:16 AM
Devil King is currently offline Click here to Send Devil King a Private Message Find more posts by Devil King Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Myth
Give me your babies!!!

My friend has been trying to get me to see this for a while now, but I keep holding back. He is a political buff so I understand why he is so enthusiastic, but to me it just looks boring despite the critics loving it. Should I hold out and wait till I can rent it using an unlimited blockbuster rental pass or is this something I should really catch in the theater?

Greg Oden: The future of the Blazers. The future of the NBA.

Old Post Mar 9th, 2006 07:50 AM
Myth is currently offline Click here to Send Myth a Private Message Find more posts by Myth Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
BackFire
Blood. It's nature's lube

You can wait for rental, coming out like next week.

Old Post Mar 9th, 2006 08:49 AM
BackFire is currently offline Click here to Send BackFire a Private Message Find more posts by BackFire Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
MildPossession
Restricted

Account Restricted

It's worth seeing Myth, it's excellent.

Old Post Mar 9th, 2006 06:09 PM
MildPossession is currently offline Click here to Send MildPossession a Private Message Find more posts by MildPossession Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Myth
Give me your babies!!!

I know I'm going to see it, the question is should I wait until I can do it for cheaper.

Old Post Mar 9th, 2006 09:56 PM
Myth is currently offline Click here to Send Myth a Private Message Find more posts by Myth Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
BackFire
Blood. It's nature's lube

Well, it comes out on DVD next week. In like 4 days. Might as well wait.

Old Post Mar 9th, 2006 09:58 PM
BackFire is currently offline Click here to Send BackFire a Private Message Find more posts by BackFire Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Myth
Give me your babies!!!

Yeah, but video rentals are $4.29 right now anyway. I'm now trying to figure out if I should wait till summer when I will buy a movie pass.

Old Post Mar 10th, 2006 12:42 AM
manny321
Haradrim Elephant Rider

its not full of much. However when the main actor goes on TV he is just amazing. BUt there isn't much else.

Drown your face in a bowl of water!!!

Old Post Mar 13th, 2006 04:02 AM
manny321 is currently offline Click here to Send manny321 a Private Message Find more posts by manny321 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
wondrousmedium

I thought that more than anything else Good Night and Good Luck was CINEMATIC in every sense of the word. Mostly what I mean is that it was told in a way that would have been difficult to tell in a different medium. I think that too many films can be translated into other types of media (especially literature in this regard) but Clooney's film used lighting and cinematography as well as excellent acting to achieve this. The only thing I didn't like about it was that Murrow is portrayed as a nearly flawless human being. While Straithairn does an excellent job playing him, I think it's worth noting that he is basically a hero who performs a hero's job.

Old Post Mar 21st, 2006 03:14 AM
wondrousmedium is currently offline Click here to Send wondrousmedium a Private Message Find more posts by wondrousmedium Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote