new colour debuts

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

xyz jedi
Does everyone remember when you first saw Luke hold a green lightsaber and how fascinating the fight was? That was one of favourite moments. Another is when Mace used his purple lightsaber against Sidious.

They were really cool moments and I wonder if it's because of the new colours? I mean new colours rock! But is that why they're so popular and rememberable? If GL does make a 7, 8, and 9 with new colours and sabers like double-green, white and black, cyan and yellow? Would it be very cool.

Also, I would like to discuss lightsaber ideas like a crossbow saber that shoots them out, or mini ones attached to your wrist, or triple/quadruple sabers? They seem pretty cool and is for anyone who loves lightsaber duals.

overlord
I agree that seeing the green lightsaber for the first time was great, but I don't think there should be more and more colours. That would spoil it.
What was cool is that Lucas originally had the Stormtroopers and Vader all have blue lightsabers and the hero a red one.

Captain REX
Ah yes, THAT was an interesting concept. Some of the fight scenes for the original script were pretty intense, as Lucas was thinking of making it more graphic, then toned it down a bit (thinking stormtroopers getting shot with bullets that exploded, like Dr. Who)

Emerica67
that would be cool seeing a jedi having a doubled bladed one with any color he chose, the only new colors i would want are yellow and silver. any other color would be ok as long as it looked cool, i think black and white would look stupid but it might not.

overlord
Lucas even came up with new concepts by the time of ROTS. Just look at this one with Plo Koon having a double lightsaber from his hand.

With that idea you could explore much more and way crazier SW lightsabers, but I guess we're never going to see anything like it.

exanda kane
Its all sounding a bit too much actually; stick to blues, green, reds and purples for now (yes I know KOTOR goes a bit overboard with the colours!) but they work. As for different kinds of sabers I feel the same; if you play Jedi Knight now those sabres were crap! One lightsaber is enough.

overlord
I saw countless of colours in some SW comic though, yellow, orange even black! But I think they should've sticked to red and blue like in the original. Though I found the green one the first time I saw it pretty nice.
But I personally think they should've cut down on the green ones in the PT, I for one found the Qui-Gon green lightsaber pretty ugly for some reason.

The Ones
the amount of glow?

overlord
I guess so.. I haven't seen ROTJ for a while but I remember that one looked much better in my opinion.

xyz jedi
The Green saber did look better on Luke than Qui-Gon but he still looked cool with it.

Darth Koroni
Originally posted by overlord
Lucas even came up with new concepts by the time of ROTS. Just look at this one with Plo Koon having a double lightsaber from his hand.

With that idea you could explore much more and way crazier SW lightsabers, but I guess we're never going to see anything like it.

You do realize that Lucas does not come up with these ideas, right? General Greivous wasn't designed by him, neither were the Nubian Starfighters. He has a bunch of people at Skywalker Ranch churning out this stuff.

overlord
Oh, sorrrrrrrrrrrrrrry.

CobbleR
Originally posted by overlord
I for one found the Qui-Gon green lightsaber pretty ugly for some reason.
I think it was because the lighting he used it in and the fact that the green did match his robes. Luke wore black, which looks really nice with green, also he had used it most at night in ROTJ. On the topic of Qui-Gon, am I the only person that got a "catholic preist + little boy " vibe from him?

Captain REX
Probably. I got more of a hippy vibe, or an Irishmen vibe.

Dirk Jade
Isnt a Black Lightsaber a contradiction? Black is the Absence of all Light so how could it be a lightsaber? it would be a .... DarkSaber... Which i got to admit sounds pretty cool...

xyz jedi
but they're made from crystals, you can get a black crystal right?

ESB- 1138
Originally posted by Darth Koroni
You do realize that Lucas does not come up with these ideas, right? General Greivous wasn't designed by him, neither were the Nubian Starfighters. He has a bunch of people at Skywalker Ranch churning out this stuff.
No. Lucas tells a bunch of people characters, ships, places, ect. and tells them to come up with a concept. If you watched the Making of General Grievous you would have known this because Lucas told them to make a general for the droid army

exanda kane
If I watched the Making of General Grevious I would be very bored indeed...

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.