New Book Series!

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

SnakeEyes
To take place post-NJO. It could be good or bad... check it out:

http://www.starwars.com/eu/lit/novel/news20051104.html

Darth_Glentract
When do they take place post-NJO? I hope they don't screw up and overlap them with the Dark Nest books.

SnakeEyes
I'm pretty sure it will take place after the Dark Nest books.

Darth_Glentract
Luke going to be getting old then. They need to show Boba in it, along with some interaction with the Yuuzhan Vong. Both of which are lacking in the DN books. Lots of Imperials too.

Deus Ex
Damn. They're just moving along. First NJO... now DN and this... Can't wait to see the death of Luke Skywalker.

Dan Skywalker
The book series sounds promising, I just hope we dont have a repeat of Darth Vader storyline as it states 'The Skywalker legacy will come full circle'

overlord
The last book.. 'The legendary death of Luke Skywalker'

Can't f*cking wait!! dance banana2

xxxpoppunker182
cool it comes out on my birthday

Captain REX
Hmm. Should be interesting.

Tangible God
It'll be worth reading if at the least, THREE major characters kick the bucket.

Luke especially, Jacen hopefully, and I'm getting a little tired of Leia.

Dan Skywalker
I'm not sure im that keen on Luke dying, of course he'll have to at some stage but hes one of my child hood heroes. I just hope he goes out in blaze of glory, maybe with Mara or Leia with him

Escape81
I don't know. But I'm really wanting a Force-using threat to the galaxy. The Emperor's long dead, but Lumiya is still out there, some where. But she's not really powerful in the Force to be a threat to Luke. They need someone... new... I don't know. Perhaps they could introduce a third order of Force-users.

Tangible God
Get Obi-Wan and Yoda back from the dead, infused with Marka Ragnos's Sith Magic, rampaging across the galaxy, blessed with the glory of invincibilty.

Darth_Glentract
They need a new schism in the order. The New Jedi are already borderline Darkside.

xxxpoppunker182
i think the new seiries has something to do with lumyia. atleast i herd something to that extent on the force.net.

Escape81
I'm speaking of the perfect villain. No offense, but there's no real villain like Palpatine. Master manipulator, powerful Force-user, and the cause of the modern galaxy's nightmares. Including the Vong. Thrawn hinted that the Vong were out there, but Palpatine wanted to destroy Outbound Flight before the Vong could be identified. Why, I wonder?

Perhaps Marka Ragnos could return. He's on par with Palpatine on intellect, I'm sure, and is by far more powerful. Or maybe they can come up with someone new. But I want NJO to get his ASS KICKED. Not just because he's overpowered, but when the villain is stronger, it makes for a more interesting story.

Darth_Glentract
Jacen needs to fall to the Darkside. Either that or there should be a Jedi Civil War between the half of the Council that thinks the Jedi should serve teh Galatic Alliance and the others that think they serve that galaxy as a hole. They would be pretty evenly matched in Council Members Power.

The Creator
Has anyone noticed Anakin didn't really kill Sidious and that he actually died in the Dark Empire comics. Maybe there is a sith thats still out there of course with that kind of plot Anakin would have to be brought back to life. It may be stupid, but it is a theory.

Dirk Jade
are there any storries about The Jal Shey? Thats like a third order isnt it? Jedi Order, Lords of the Sith and the Jal Shey...?

xyz jedi
would Anakin/Vader be in them as a ghost or something

Darth Faunus
If they kill off Skywalker, I will be pissed off. I don't really like the idea of him as a 'grey' Jedi in NJO, but he is the original Star Wars hero. He can never die. And if he does, I will personally slaughter the author of that book.

SnakeEyes
Update! http://www.starwars.com/eu/lit/novel/news20051114.html

SnakeEyes
BUMP

It sounds pretty interesting... to me at least. That link gives a summary of the plot and so forth. Check it out.

Ganner Rhysode
Sounds like it should be good, and Aaron Alliston is a pretty good author, so... Looks like something I'll look forward to.

Darth Zannah
They need to make a new series in which a lot of jedi fall to the dark side and a jedi that falls is given the name "Darth."

I want a book that follows Darth Bane's new order! mad

Darth Faunus
Originally posted by SnakeEyes
BUMP

It sounds pretty interesting... to me at least. That link gives a summary of the plot and so forth. Check it out.

Hmph. First post-ROTJ EU I've actually looked forward to.

starwarsfreak34
Originally posted by Darth Zannah
They need to make a new series in which a lot of jedi fall to the dark side and a jedi that falls is given the name "Darth."

I want a book that follows Darth Bane's new order! mad

good news 4 u then... october 2006 sees the release of the 1st KotOR novel featuring Darth Bane

exanda kane
Meh - this post NJO thing should be aptly be named - The Revenge Of Revan

I really think they have gone too far. They should fill out the gaps before they carry on past NJO. They'll just end up contradicting themselves later.

SnakeEyes
Here's the Dramatis Personae as it might appear in the novel, LEGACY OF THE FORCE I: BETRAYAL. This is just what we know so far, I think:

Aidel Saxan (human female)
Ben Skywalker (human male)
Brisha Syo (human female)
C-3PO (protocol droid)
Cal Omas, Chief of State, Galactic Alliance (human male)
Gilad Pellaeon, Admiral, Galactic Alliance (human male)
Han Solo, Captain, Millennium Falcon (human male)
Heilan Rotham (human female)
Jacen Solo, Jedi Knight (human male)
Jaina Solo, Jedi Knight (human female)
Kolir Hu'lya, Jedi Knight (Bothan female)
Luke Skywalker, Jedi Master (human male)
Lysa Dunter, Ensign, Galactic Alliance (human female)
Mara Jade Skywalker, Jedi Master (human female)
Nelani Dinn, Jedi Knight (human female)
R2-D2 (astromech droid)
Syal Antilles, Ensign, Galactic Alliance (human female)
Thann Mithric, Jedi Knight (Falleen male)
Thrackan Sal-Solo, Head of State, Corellia (human male)
Tiu Zax, Jedi Knight (Omwati female)
Toval Seyah, Doctor (human male)
Tycho Celchu, General, Galactic Alliance (human male)
Wedge Antilles, General, Corellia (human male)
Zekk, Jedi Knight (human male)

Darth Sparhawk
I hope that Luke dies in this series, i really don't like him. Also I'd like to see Jacen manipulated by the Emperor's spirit. I would not like to see another ressurrected Emperor, but if he appears as a sinister voice, it'll be cool.

SnakeEyes
I disagree. I strongly believe that the Emperor should stay dead, in any way, shape, or form.

calvin44
the final book should be called "finally somebody can kill NJO Luke"

jimmy986
i dont know about luke dying. i believe i read in an interview that lucas said the authors are not allowed to kill off luke. obviously this could have changed but i believe he said that during NJO so i wouldnt think it would change that quickly

SnakeEyes
I'll be curious as to see what happens to ole Lukey.

Lightsnake
Luke is going to survive, the idea to kill him was vetoed HARSHLY.

Julie
Oh I'll probably end up buying them all....blasted star wars bound to break my piggy bank

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.