Online Rentals? Are They Worth It?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Draco69
I'm thinking of using an online subscription to an online renting service (ex. Blockbuster.com) because the closest video store to my college is way too far and it is far more practical this way.

Any suggestions? Any experiences, good or bad?

DeVi| D0do
http://www.killermovies.com/forums/f2/t372261.html

Draco69
Ah. Thank you.

BackFire
The only downside to online rentals is that you don't get the movies immediately. Takes a few days for them to arrive.

But if that doesn't bother you then go for it, it's cheap, convenient and they have good selections.

Tptmanno1
I need to get that, because I can't find ANY older movies around me.

botankus
Yes, a thousand times over. No more driving, late fees, and limited selections. Plus, the DVD's are usually in better condition.

MildPossession
Yes online renting is perfect.

idowhatiamtold
Unless you have a serious addiction like I do and you don't rent movies, becauuse it costs half as much as just buying them, ad once you rent something 2 times, you could have owned the movie for the rest of your life smile

DeVi| D0do
The only complaint I would have is that they sometimes don't come in the order you want... Other than that I think it's great. Especially if you watch a LOT of DVDs. Even on the one DVD plan, if you check "returned" the day you get the DVD you get the next DVD the next day... so you always have at least one DVD lyring around the house.

Solo
I love online renting.

draconigena
Netflix is fantastic. They're very quick, I can mail a movie back to them on Monday and I have a new one by Wednesday. The DVDs are almost always in great condition (I've only had one that wasn't) and you can choose the order that they arrive to you in. Besides the fact that it's cheaper ($20 a month = 4 DVDs at Blockbuster but as many as you can watch with online services).

So yes, IMO, it is very worth it.

jbcohen

MildPossession

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.