KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Movies » Movie Discussion » Online Rentals? Are They Worth It?

Online Rentals? Are They Worth It?
Started by: Draco69

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
  Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Draco69
Snarky Slytherin

Question Online Rentals? Are They Worth It?

I'm thinking of using an online subscription to an online renting service (ex. Blockbuster.com) because the closest video store to my college is way too far and it is far more practical this way.

Any suggestions? Any experiences, good or bad?

Old Post Nov 8th, 2005 12:37 AM
Draco69 is currently offline Click here to Send Draco69 a Private Message Find more posts by Draco69 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
DeVi| D0do
The 8th Deadly Sin

Old Post Nov 8th, 2005 01:07 AM
DeVi| D0do is currently offline Click here to Send DeVi| D0do a Private Message Find more posts by DeVi| D0do Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Draco69
Snarky Slytherin

Ah. Thank you.

Old Post Nov 8th, 2005 01:27 AM
Draco69 is currently offline Click here to Send Draco69 a Private Message Find more posts by Draco69 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
BackFire
Blood. It's nature's lube

The only downside to online rentals is that you don't get the movies immediately. Takes a few days for them to arrive.

But if that doesn't bother you then go for it, it's cheap, convenient and they have good selections.

Old Post Nov 8th, 2005 01:41 AM
BackFire is currently offline Click here to Send BackFire a Private Message Find more posts by BackFire Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Tptmanno1
Life Ponder-er

I need to get that, because I can't find ANY older movies around me.

Old Post Nov 9th, 2005 05:27 AM
Tptmanno1 is currently offline Click here to Send Tptmanno1 a Private Message Find more posts by Tptmanno1 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
botankus
Bass-ackwards

Yes, a thousand times over. No more driving, late fees, and limited selections. Plus, the DVD's are usually in better condition.

Old Post Nov 9th, 2005 12:59 PM
botankus is currently offline Click here to Send botankus a Private Message Find more posts by botankus Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
MildPossession
Restricted

Account Restricted

Yes online renting is perfect.

Old Post Nov 9th, 2005 04:46 PM
MildPossession is currently offline Click here to Send MildPossession a Private Message Find more posts by MildPossession Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
idowhatiamtold

Unless you have a serious addiction like I do and you don't rent movies, becauuse it costs half as much as just buying them, ad once you rent something 2 times, you could have owned the movie for the rest of your life smile

Old Post Nov 9th, 2005 07:44 PM
idowhatiamtold is currently offline Click here to Send idowhatiamtold a Private Message Find more posts by idowhatiamtold Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
DeVi| D0do
The 8th Deadly Sin

The only complaint I would have is that they sometimes don't come in the order you want... Other than that I think it's great. Especially if you watch a LOT of DVDs. Even on the one DVD plan, if you check "returned" the day you get the DVD you get the next DVD the next day... so you always have at least one DVD lyring around the house.

Old Post Nov 9th, 2005 08:57 PM
DeVi| D0do is currently offline Click here to Send DeVi| D0do a Private Message Find more posts by DeVi| D0do Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Solo

I love online renting.

Old Post Nov 10th, 2005 12:21 AM
Solo is currently offline Click here to Send Solo a Private Message Find more posts by Solo Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
draconigena
Browncoat

Netflix is fantastic. They're very quick, I can mail a movie back to them on Monday and I have a new one by Wednesday. The DVDs are almost always in great condition (I've only had one that wasn't) and you can choose the order that they arrive to you in. Besides the fact that it's cheaper ($20 a month = 4 DVDs at Blockbuster but as many as you can watch with online services).

So yes, IMO, it is very worth it.

Old Post Nov 10th, 2005 01:57 AM
draconigena is currently offline Click here to Send draconigena a Private Message Find more posts by draconigena Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
jbcohen

Greetings

I subscribe to Blockbuster’s On-Line service. For ten dollars a month I can rent as many movies as I like, but can have only one at a time. Anyone else subscribe to Blockbuster On-Line or NetFlix? What is your opinion of the service?

Old Post Nov 15th, 2005 02:32 PM
jbcohen is currently offline Click here to Send jbcohen a Private Message Find more posts by jbcohen Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
MildPossession
Restricted

Account Restricted

I subscribe to Blockbuster UK, on the 3 dvd deal for £14. I use to be with LoveFilm, but they were absolutely terrible and did throttling.

Old Post Nov 15th, 2005 07:12 PM
MildPossession is currently offline Click here to Send MildPossession a Private Message Find more posts by MildPossession Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote