Flash vs Wolverine....IN SPACE!

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

long pig
It happens in zero g, and wolverine has a booster jet!

Swanky-Tuna
I hope they're wearing space suits or something.

grey fox
They both float around aimlessly until jobberine decides to unsheathe his claws inadvertently piercing his space suit and causing his head to explode from pressurization .

Hit_and_Miss
/\ lol true...

Wouldn't flash then use the speed force to..... erm........ run though space on........ cosmic treadmill???? then time travel to........... yer kills wolverine

Swanky-Tuna
I don't think you actually explode in space.

Hit_and_Miss
I saw a pretty convincing ep of sealab2021 where spacelabs heads all explode... That alone is enough proof for me....

If you didn't explode why would space men wear space suits??? why not just an oxygen mask..??? thats right... You explode in space...

Swanky-Tuna
Originally posted by Hit_and_Miss
I saw a pretty convincing ep of sealab2021 where spacelabs heads all explode... That alone is enough proof for me....
Oh, well, in that case. THERE CAN ONLY BE NONE!

If you just wore an oxygen mask you would A) Be completely frozen from the lack of sunlight or B) Burned to a crisp by unfiltered sunlight. Plus you'd probably get irradiated pretty badily from said sunlight. We here on Earth have that neat stuff called ozone.

leonheartmm
Originally posted by Swanky-Tuna
Oh, well, in that case. THERE CAN ONLY BE NONE!

If you just wore an oxygen mask you would A) Be completely frozen from the lack of sunlight or B) Burned to a crisp by unfiltered sunlight. Plus you'd probably get irradiated pretty badily from said sunlight. We here on Earth have that neat stuff called ozone.

no no, hes right man, u EXPLODE if not in a pressurized suit. theres a pressure equal to that of one atmosphere inside our blood vessels and cells to counteract the pressure of the atmosphere, which is a LOT of force, only we dont feal it cause of the pressure in our blood vessels and cell. if we didnt have the atmospheric pressure to counteract the one in our blood, and cells, it would be so much tha you would explode, inside out instantly.

Swanky-Tuna
You don't explode.

And I guess you don't get fried or instantly frozen. I think that was part of what would happen afterwards. Your body being microwaved and frozen over and over again as your body orbits a planet.

Hit_and_Miss
no no no I refuse to listen to scientific proof and theroy as they have been wrong sometimes..

jeez leonheart I was just joking... I though you could tell that from the fact I used a cartoon to sport my theroy....

Still... I would rather believe in explosive humans then non-explosive humans who float in orbit being microwaved... as I don't wana think that I would be in loads of pain for the 1min 30 seconds I can hold my breath in space....

Swanky-Tuna
I think the air would be forced out of your lungs. I didn't read the article too well but it wouldn't be a minute and a half.

Hit_and_Miss
I re-read this....

How Long Can a Human Live Unprotected in Space?

If you *don't* try to hold your breath, exposure to space for half a minute of so is unlikely to produce permanent injury. Holding your breath is likely to damage your lungs, something scuba divers have to watch out for when ascending, and you'll have eardrum trouble if your Eustachian tubes are badly plugged up, but theory predicts -- and animal experiments confirm -- that otherwise, exposure to vacuum causes no immediate injury. You do not explode. Your blood does not boil. You do not freeze. You do not instantly lose consciousness.

Various minor problems (sunburn, possibly "the bends", certainly some swelling of skin and underlying tissue) start after 10 seconds or so. At some point you lose consciousness from lack of oxygen. Injuries accumulate. After perhaps one or two minutes you're dying. The limits are not really known.

so its quite like drowning then..... and drowning is quite a peaceful way to go...(so I've read)

Swanky-Tuna
I heard the process of your body shutting down while drowning really hurts. But no matter, it said you lose consciousness before dying. Score one for space death.

Metalmanx
They both die in space, neither wins.

Space: 1
Everyone else: 0

DarkCrawler
Flash propels himself with moving his legs at superspeed, leaving Wolverine to die in space.

Swanky-Tuna
I don't think he could do that. Unless he ran off the space dust. I hear some of the other Flashes could fly by "propelling speed" or something like that out of their limbs. But wally doesn't do it for some reason.

DarkCrawler
He can run in space:

(From the Flash respect thread)

http://img237.imageshack.us/my.php?image=jlaourworldsatwarpg040yr.jpg

http://img237.imageshack.us/my.php?image=jlaourworldsatwarpg033kg.jpg

Swanky-Tuna
That just supports my theory that Flash does whatever he wants.

Hit_and_Miss
I back that theory....

Have you ever seen the JLA (old or new) cartoons??? there soo funny the amount of PISing going on is hilarious...
Even static shock has beaten them all... he was shown to be equal to flash, then he electo-somethinged a bridge and said flash couldn't move on it... flash complied.... it was hilarious...

On a side note... how is flash breathing in space??? or does the speed force also put air in his lungs???

cheldon
i seen flash run in space, but i think he had a breathing thing on. wolverine loses and it's coming across as lame and desperate to post this fight b/c we've done so many wolvie threads we're running out of ideas.

Hit_and_Miss
no one was posting on topic....

Beyonder
Originally posted by DarkCrawler
He can run in space:

(From the Flash respect thread)

http://img237.imageshack.us/my.php?image=jlaourworldsatwarpg040yr.jpg

http://img237.imageshack.us/my.php?image=jlaourworldsatwarpg033kg.jpg

That issue was funny. He was breathing in space and running in space. MM and GL got there butts kicked by Probes while Arthur and WW each beat up one. Black Adam with nuke power beat one.

Superman, well, he slew a bunch of Probes. Fist > GL ring

Wickerman
Originally posted by Hit_and_Miss
I back that theory....

Have you ever seen the JLA (old or new) cartoons??? there soo funny the amount of PISing going on is hilarious...
Even static shock has beaten them all... he was shown to be equal to flash, then he electo-somethinged a bridge and said flash couldn't move on it... flash complied.... it was hilarious...

On a side note... how is flash breathing in space??? or does the speed force also put air in his lungs???

The thing that disturbs me more is that they're talking......in space messed

~wickerman~

StyleTime
Originally posted by Wickerman
The thing that disturbs me more is that they're talking......in space messed

~wickerman~
Flash is moving so fast that the sound he produces does not need a medium through which to travel apparently.

DarkCrawler
He can breathe while running at light speed too, so I guess speed force generates oxygen or something.

Beyonder
Originally posted by StyleTime
Flash is moving so fast that the sound he produces does not need a medium through which to travel apparently.

That explains why Arthur talked and breathed in space as well.

DarkCrawler
Well...you know, he lend the speedforce. stick out tongue

scotsmn
Speedforce can also cook you breakfast, wipe your behind, and turn you into a #2 pencil ... sometimes #2.5

Hit_and_Miss
don't forget the cosmic treadmill....

long pig
No, you don't understand....it's a new thread trend.

Both contestants will die!

Up next, Thing vs Colossus on the surface of the sun!

blackwarrior
The Flash is probably the worst written character in the comic-verse
The writers/artists just dont seem to play any attention to his supposed
powers in relation to how they are portrayed. Everything is magically
explained away by the all powerful "speedforce" which is conveniently
left unexplained and unexamined. In a word its a load of Shite.
When Wolverine done Flash is renamed Slashed.

Swanky-Tuna
Originally posted by blackwarrior
Everything is magically explained away by the all powerful "speedforce" which is conveniently left unexplained and unexamined.
I think the speed force is a primordial force representing speed itself. It's a lot like the power cosmic in some respects. Have you ever heard the power cosmic explained and examined?

blackwarrior
If you referring to Cosmic Power and the underlying reality that
permeates all existence both manifest and unmanifest. Then yes I
have at the very a sound understanding of this and can
explain this to someone else so they at least understand it even
if they don't agree with my view. (My view is built on the shoulders
of many great thinkers and sages I am not pretending that it is
entirely or even mostly my own original work)

Hell if we don't at least attempt an understanding and an explanation
of things then we may as well say that Flash's fairy-godmother waved
her wand and magically allows Flash to do the inconceivable BS that
he does. (Like running in space - Why the f.. don't they just say he can
fly) Generally speaking marvel characters are better explained &
therefore easier to understand and relate to.

MuffinmanMike
It's been proven that if Wolverine is ever close to losing, he can alter the properties of matter.

Swanky-Tuna
Originally posted by blackwarrior
(Like running in space - Why the f.. don't they just say he can fly)
He probably is flying. Other Flashes can fly but for whatever reason, Wally doesn't. At least not on purpose.

And why do you seperate your lines like that? It looks like you're trying to write a poem.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.