Battle For Middle Earth 2 [merged]

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Sir Mist
http://www.gamespot.com/pc/strategy/battleformiddleearth2/preview_6130883.html?q=1&tag=gs_hp_flashtop_bg

Yeah baby!

Elves, Dwarves and Goblins as new factions! Sea battles!

Oh god!droolio

SnakeEyes
Excellent News! I love the first one and still play it quite a bit today, a second one sounds awesome.

SnakeEyes
BUMP

The Highlord
DWARFS!!! so awesome I love to play gmaes asa dwarf big grin

Fire
Cool

Fire
read the article they got rid of those crappy building sites thumb up

SnakeEyes
YES YES YES YES YES YEEEESSSS!!!!!!!

shoe-freak
COOOLL!!!!!!!! dwarves! that is so cool!

SnakeEyes
There's one thing I don't understand about a sequel to this game. That is: In the first one, the game completed everything that was in the movies and then some. In this game, is it going to take place before the trilogy or something (considering there wouldn't be much to do if it didn't)...

Sir Mist
Yeah, I was playing the first one yesterday and thought about that...kinda stupid really...but oh well, should be fun big grin

ESB-1138
Battle for Middle-Earth II is coming out soon. Gondor and Rohan have been combined into one army; dwarves and elves are in it and so are the goblins but of course Isengard and Mordor shall be in it. Sea battles are in this one plus a new summon; my guess for the bad guys; the Watcher. This one looks better then the first.

The Highlord
Oh I think that they are going to add the stuff from the books now that is the many battles the movies didint tell us about taht where evenly as big as teh one outside Minas Tirith, the orcs had just as many troops up there fighing the elves and dwarfs you know, thats whats coing to be added and then maybe the first dwarfs missions will be battles from the hobbit and stuff

Hit_and_Miss
there really desperate to capitalise while people still know the name....

Fire
game looks good, they got rid of a lot of the problems I had with the first I'll just look for a copy, saving my money for Age of Empires 3

ESB-1138
I want to do the new castle building thing. They have the entire book series now to use instead of just the movies.

exanda kane
Some of you will probably know that a Battle For Middle Earth 2 has been announced; well its actually quite a way through it's developement and I was wondering what general LOTR fans opinions would be about the sequel and the direction it's heading ie...

Moving the story up north and the effects of the War of the Ring on Rivendell, Lothlorien and Mirkwood...

New heroes such as Thranduil etc...

And general problems with its predecessor...

exanda kane
Can a moderator move this to the games discussion thread please...no one really seems interested here...

henniestevens
Well I'm enjoying middle earth 1 at the time and play a lot of games on my network. So I'm sure I'm gonna download or buy part 2.

Council#13
OMG PART 2 IS COMING OUT?! OH MY GOD!!!! (runs out door)

The Ones
Battle for Middle Earth II comes out

3rd March 2006

Talking_Owl
I think the second BfME is looking good so far. I'm disappointed with the merging of Gondor and Rohan, they've done plenty to make up for it, like the addition of book material and navel combat.

Council#13
Originally posted by The Ones
Battle for Middle Earth II comes out

3rd March 2006

day before my birthday!!!

The Ones
Just got the Beta Test today and i must say: IT IS AWESOME!!!!! there are a few bugs in there but they will be cleaned up. So far you can only play as goblins and dwarves, only play online and only play 2 maps. but what they have so far is brilliant. Pre-order is NOW!!

The Ones
heres a screen from one of my games

Shadow x 20
Battle for Middle-Earth is like my favorite game. The sequel looks a lot better. I can't wait to start playing as Men of the West and Isengard

exanda kane
Yeah...its a shame about gondor and Roahn, there both completely different cultures? A lot of cool ROhan architecture will be lost aswell.

Smodden
I don't know any of you. dontgetit

exanda kane
Revive this thread. Quickly someone ask about the game etc.

chucktaylor
Um, CREATE A HERO ROCKS!!!!!!!!!!!

Who are you guys going to create first?

Im making a Easterling warrior something! Or even those characters from LOTR: Third Age!

Ok, revived! wink

exanda kane
Yay!

erm...anyway...Of course I'm gonna have to go for an Elf Lord. Give him a name similar to one of sons of Feanor and have lots of fun!

Lana
Duplicate threads merged.

Shadow x 20
It comes out next month smile smile

exanda kane
Have to make sure I get some more RAM before then though.

Shadow x 20
I need more RAM too but it'll be worth it.

exanda kane
Yeah it will be. Finally; Elves!

Shadow x 20
And dwarves!

exanda kane
ELVES! mad

stick out tongue

Shadow x 20
Dwarves get a cannon that can fire across the map. That sounds pretty cool.

exanda kane
You get that in War of the Ring.

But Elves...goddamit man, elves are so beeldin' superior! big grin

Shadow x 20
Men of the West will pwn them all smile smile

Fire
If I get it, which I prolly will. I'll still play with Rohan the most.

those guys rock the merge with gondor might have been a succes. depending on which units they kept from both groups.

ESB - 1138
I got Battle for Middle-Earth II yesterday and created my own hero. The game is great!!

MadMel
i might get it..creating your own hero would be awesome..hey what exactly did u make esb??

WrathfulDwarf
O M G!!!

I can't believe I hadn't heard anything about this game. Shame on me!

I want it for Xbox 360 NOW!!!!!

Check it out!

WrathfulDwarf
One more...

Gosh, look at the water reflection!

Ronny
Looks fantastic! Its on my "too poor to buy cheap dirt but i have a list anyways" To buy list droolio

Omgee those pirate ships.

the graphics look A-MAZE-ZING happy

The Highlord
Giev!!! I had totly forgotten about this aswell, I must have it, I cant wait to make an army of dwarfs! omg its gonna be so cool having them all charge a bounch of big trolls

WrathfulDwarf
It's already out for the PC. I didn't know it was coming out for xbox360. This just makes it more interesting to check out! big grin

Oh, and those screenshots are from the Xbox 360.

ESB - 1138
Originally posted by WrathfulDwarf
It's already out for the PC. I didn't know it was coming out for xbox360. This just makes it more interesting to check out! big grin

Oh, and those screenshots are from the Xbox 360.

Yeah but the PC looks just as good.

Originally posted by MadMel
i might get it..creating your own hero would be awesome..hey what exactly did u make esb??

I made a battle troll and a captain of Gondor. You can give them powers and special upgrades as you go along fighting fierce armies of the Men of the West, the Elves, the Dwarves, Mordor, Isengard, and the Goblins. You can summon a dragon in the game now =3

WrathfulDwarf
Originally posted by ESB - 1138
Yeah but the PC looks just as good.

Oh, I'm sure it does....I'm just surprise is on its way to the new consoles.

Mišt
I dunno whether to get this or not...has anyone got it? Is it majorly different from the first one? If its just new races....Ill pass.

WrathfulDwarf
Next week! July 5th LOTR: Battle for Middle Earth II for the 360 will be released. I'm getting my copy the same day! This weekend I wrap up Oblivion and getting ready for the next game!

Sin Harvest

Legion_of_Maul
shoot i reserved it in april

Legion_of_Maul
Originally posted by Sin Harvest
I got it and it is different then the first mainly because you have to base your strategies need to be very different. You get:

The Men of the West (Gondor + Rohan)
Elves
Dwarves
Mordor
Isengard
Goblins

Very fun game. New powers, units, heroes, and maps. Plus your command points can go as high as 10,000 which beats the 300 good and 600 bad for the first one by a looooooooooooooooooooooong shot. are they all seperate civilizations

and how is this going to work for the 360

Sin Harvest
360, I dunno. I play it for the PC.

You have 6 fractions to pick from.

WrathfulDwarf
I just pick it up! I'm hoping the 360 version is as good as the PC. I play the PC and was pretty smooth. Hopefully this one is worth it. Playing it tonight!

ESB -1138
They give you a small (big) update on the game like once a month. It really improves the game by removing bugs and making it more balanced.

kamikz
I was a little disappointed when I bought it, I excpected it to be like the first one but it was very different, some parts that were good in the first were bad in this one. I just didn't like it very much. But if they make good updates soon I very well might. Things that needs a change.....

Houses, walls and buildings need more health. There are no battles anymore, just hit and run on the opponents buildings.
Walls should be cheaper. I haven't played a single map where I was able to build a full defence.....
Hero's should have gotten a little different specialities. You oftenly see special abilities that are similar but with another name....

ESB -1138
You forgot that they should also make it to where walls can only be attacked by siege weapons. You get a wall up and a few soldiers come and tear it down. Plus you need to much room to gain descent amount of resources from farms.

kamikz
Yes that is also one of the things that made me sick of it after 2 days of playing. The walls go down even if it's only one single man attacking it. But the thing that bothers me most is this farm thing. I mean, common, how are you supposed to defend those, you need to place them far away, which means that either you get them totally defenceless for the enemy or you get low resources and loose the game. I cannot simply find a strategy cause all the time I have to run around building farms and protecting the farms. Down with the farms......

ESB -1138
That's why I play as the Goblins. The can move through the Tunnels which also works as resource gathering. Plus Half Trolls and Mountain Giants help make them a powerful force.

kamikz
Yeah that's a good strategy. But I have always disliked the mountain giants, they are really weak when it comes to close confrontation, I thought they would rule like the trolls did in BFME 1, but instead they are slow and die relatively fast. They are good at range, but range only. Besides, I think they are a ripp of off the trolls, I prefer mordors trolls....

ESB -1138
You would have thought they would be as good as the Ents. But no.

WrathfulDwarf
So far....

I play for about 2 hrs with the game. It feels pretty much the same to the PC playing this game for the 360. The controllers feel weird and kinda ackwards. However, the game has it's good moments. I love building barracks and towers and expand my elven archers. The downloads don't take forever but they're still slow.

I would suggest that for those of you thinking of playing this for the 360 to rent it first and see if you feel comfortable playing. Me personally...I'm enjoying it. It's fairly good strategy game.

Spartan005
I've been thinking about getting this.... Do you think its worth the $60? I've played games like Red Alert and Generals before, and I love these types of games....

And how's the multiplayer on Xbox live... is it laggy at all? Thanks smile

WrathfulDwarf
For me it does...however, I still encourage people to rent it first. I don't have XBL yet so I couldn't say much. I'm enjoying the game. Controllers still feel ackward but is nothing discouraging.

crazy_shadow
ok this is pissing me off. i'm only on the 2nd freaking mission, and it says upgrade to a watch tower.....but what the hell u cant upgrade anything. i look at the menu for the builders, nothing on watch tower, i click the battle tower, and look at the menu 4 it, no watch tower. i go to the fortress look at the menu, no watch tower. WTF?????

crazy_shadow
OMFG, yeah nvm i found it myself. i had to click on the smallest circle on my tv to make it expand....freakin gay.....

WrathfulDwarf
Once you complete the tutorials the ackwardness of the controllers fades away. I'm enjoying it big grin

BackFire
Tried the demo last night for the 360, was pretty impressed, really. The controls worked much better than I thought they would, and it was very easy to play. Seems like a good game.

PeterGriffin
I got this yesterday right, but Im having a problem with skirmish battles.....about 3mins into it, it says "You have been defeated" and the game ends...for no reason...basically all I do is build a couple of farms, a barracks, start building some men, then I lose blink

I tried looking through the options to see if there was a time limit for the game, but I couldnt find any...the game just ends after 3mins every single time. Is there something I have to do to fix it?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.