What could've been done/said instead of Anakin's "I hate you!" or Vader's "Noo!"

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

FistOfThe North
I though Anakin's Ep.III "I hate you!" was not a profound enough line even given the circumstances. I mean, it was after all already obvious that he did "hate" Obi Wan. Something else sinister or revealing should've been said. Nothing to long, but impactive.

And Vader's "Noo!" could've had him less emotional. Like he'd realize Padme died and he'd pull both hand of the table observe himself in a slow but shocking way and then raising one trembling tight fist while the Force was trembling stuff crazily around him in the same way it did in the film.

Jedi Priestess
I personally loved the "I hate you!" line and the way it was delivered. And the No one just needed to be an angry "No" instead of the one we got.

Ken Kenobi
Without the "I hate you" that scene wouldn't have worked as well as it did.

Anakin tells Obi-Wan he hates him, then Obi-Wan tells Anakin he loved him, that he was his brother.

DrDoom101
Well the "I hate you part" was fine in my opinion. However, as for the "No" he could have said something like "HOW COULD THIS BE?" or anything else that would be better.

The Ones
Instead of No!!!, vader could have yelled or screamed in anger

Darth Venom
Yeah I agree.

kalsemo
I think the "noooooo" itself wasn't bad....what made it cheezy was the way Vader arched back and writhed as he was saying it... what would have been better was if, while screaming "nooooo" he buried his face in his hands, or threw a tantrum..... or practically anything else except arch back like that.

It was his flailing movements that made the scene awkward, not the dialogue.

PVS
Originally posted by Jedi Priestess
I personally loved the "I hate you!" line and the way it was delivered. And the No one just needed to be an angry "No" instead of the one we got.

yes

although the "NOOOOOOOO" annoyance has worn away for me with repetition.
all in all it sounded too corney and without a feeling of complete despair as it should have been....sounds more like a "NOOOOOOO" i would cry out if i was on vacation and found out the airline lost my luggage.

Next Venom_girl
I thought the "I hate you" part was fine... the "NOOOOOOO" was silly either one could be replaced with profanity. "F*** you, Obi-Wan" or "Ah Sh!+, let's go conquer the galaxy." stick out tongue

http://www.glitterrock.org/swarscaps14/theosbournescirca2023muzzufrassin.jpg
"I'm the Prince of f***ing darkness!"

DeVi| D0do
Originally posted by Jedi Priestess
I agree.

I don't mind the "Noooo!". It's supposed to be corny... it's a corny scene. There are far worse lines in the movie that could be replaced. "It's because I'm so in love" "No, it's because I'm so in love with you"... "Nu-uh, I love you more!" no expression

((The_Anomaly))
I loved the "I hate you" line....i dunno why anyone wouldent like it..

FistOfThe North
Originally posted by ((The_Anomaly))
I loved the "I hate you" line....i dunno why anyone wouldent like it..

"I hate you" seemed like the easy things to say, even after it was obvious..Or the easy thing for Lucas to put in due to either not caring or just in a rush. Or it was just the mainstream thing to do because most would understand it.

I would've preferred an "I'll get you!" or "I'll kill you" which he eventually does. Or him cursing at Obi Wan in the Sith tongue in a possessed sounding voice, leaving it to the fans. I duno. It just seems that maybe grown men just don't scream that anyway after being knock down.

He did sound super pissed but only a little kid would scream "I hate you" when he got mad. Anakin was a man. O well.

With the "Noo!" I would've accepted "Obi Wan!" but in a heartless and angry roar.

Tangible God
With the "I hate you," it symbolized the absolute fall of Anakin. He just said he hated his master, mentor, and a friend, who had been like a father, then a brother to him, one who had trained him after he was "orphaned" by Qui-Gon's death, the one who had trained him for 10 years, and always tried to help him or stand by him.

He was already trying to kill OB. The current line works.

DeVi| D0do
Originally posted by FistOfThe North
With the "Noo!" I would've accepted "Obi Wan!" but in a heartless and angry roar.
Lol! That would be hillarious! laughing

Espio X 20
Originally posted by kalsemo
I think the "noooooo" itself wasn't bad....what made it cheezy was the way Vader arched back and writhed as he was saying it... what would have been better was if, while screaming "nooooo" he buried his face in his hands, or threw a tantrum..... or practically anything else except arch back like that.

It was his flailing movements that made the scene awkward, not the dialogue.

I agree, that was stupid and cliche. Even him clinching his fist and putting it in front of his face would've been better... He could've said
"No! That's not true! That's impossible!"

Ushgarak
Err... 'I hate you' was perfect. Exactly right. "I'll get you!" or "I'll kill you" would have been awful.

Espio X 20
Awful as in good? Or awful as in bad?

GCG

I would've preferred an "I'll get you!" or "I'll kill you" which he eventually does. Or him cursing at Obi Wan in the Sith tongue in a possessed sounding voice, leaving it to the fans. I duno. It just seems that maybe grown men just don't scream that anyway after being knock down.

In that position, all chopped up, do you really think he was feeling so optimistic to say "I'll get you!" or "I'll kill you" ?

What Sith tongue do you speak of ?

((The_Anomaly))
"I hate you" seemed like the easy things to say, even after it was obvious..Or the easy thing for Lucas to put in due to either not caring or just in a rush. Or it was just the mainstream thing to do because most would understand it.

He did sound super pissed but only a little kid would scream "I hate you" when he got mad. Anakin was a man. O well.

hahahahahaha, if he ever said "I'll get you!" I'd disown Star Wars and Lucas.

"I hate you!" was one of the best lines in the movie imo (and possibly the best delivered line by hayden, tied with "you will not take her from me!"wink

as for it not being something he'd say?? he was ****in pissed, you wouldnt say "I'll get you" over "I hate you"...common gimme a break."i'll kill you!" isnt as stupid as "i'll get you" but still, no one would say that. he just got 3 of his 4 limbs cut off, hes not thinking too hard at that point, its raw emotion. thats why "i hate you" is exactly what he should and did say.

Ast
"I kill you" wouldnt work because I dont think even Anakin thought he would survive. stick out tongue

I love the "I hate you", mainly because Obi responds with "I loved you." The "No" might have been better as just a angry scream.

Boris
"I love you!", "Yeeessssss!"

SnakeEyes
The "I hate you" part was actually one of my favorite parts; also it was one of the better acted scenes on Hayden's part. It showed how far Anakin had fallen and how evil he had become. Without that dialogue, Obi-Wan's following dialogue would not have worked as well.

Darth_Amidala
Imo, and it others it seems like, the "I hate you!" was good as it is.
As for the "No" Let's see

"Well that f'n blows!"
"Ah screw it, let's go get a drink and watch the death star being built."
"Yesssss" as stated by Boris stick out tongue
"....." to busy dancing to say anything

Basically what I am saying is, replace it with anything and it would sound better stick out tongue

JaehSkywalker
anakin: I hate you!!!!!

vader: what the hell did ya do!!!!!!

Darth Jello
they could have use the "no" to explain why vader sounds like James earl Jones. They could have started with him speaking in his regular hayden christensen voice only digitized. Then when he started screaming "no", his vocabulator would have shorted out with the rest of the droids and his voice would suddenly modulate to james earl jones'

Mišt
Haha, have his voice break halfway through a scream....that would be funny as hell...

AntniEllison
Hahahahahahahaha if that did happen i wudda absolutley pissed miself wiv laughter

nooooooooo*breaks*OOOOOOOO

"No it cudnt have, it was ok a minute ago, i heard it"

anyways, The "I HATE YOU" was perfect, as for the NOOOOO the way i envisioned it when i heard about the scene was that we'd see anakin get the suit the table wud rise sidious wud tell him he killed padme n then ya kno that little screem he givs off jus b4 he breaks free from the table i imagined that but louder n the room gettin torn apart with the sheer force of his anger.

so yea instead of no a scream that wen u heard it u can feel how angry he is.

amity75
I'd have liked to have seen him screaming "Nooooo" in his normal voice as the mask was lowered and have it transforming into JEJ's voice as it was clicked into place over his face.

Stun
In opposite of all those lines:

Obi-Wan: "You were my sister Anakin, i hate you!"

Anakin: "I love you!"

Palpatine: "It seem's in your happiness....you killed her."

Vader: "Yes! ofcoarse i did, yiiiiipeeeee!

*Palpatine frowns in opposite of his grin*

Vader: "YIPEE KI-AYE! she's toast!"

it wouldnt work now would it?laughing out loud

darthvader_fan
he could have said instead of NOOOOOOOOOo

he could have said:

Emperor: in your anger it seems you haved killed her

Vader: Finally ive been trying to get a way from that *****

Sir J

With the "Noo!" I would've accepted "Obi Wan!" but in a heartless and angry roar. oh my god wot the hell is sith tounge and i would burst out laughing if he said any of those

i liked the "i hate you" it was a very powerful line since the man he shouted it to taught him everything he knew about being a jedi

darkjedi132
i think the sith toung would hav been pretty kewl..to leave it up to the fans ect...but i still like the "I hate you!"

darthvader_fan
POSSIBLE EU

i think that the sith should have more then 2.

NoFate007
Instead of "I hate you!" Anakin could have said something like "You will burn for this Obi-Wan!"

Instead of "Nooooo" he could have just screamed and ripped apart the room some more. Just more of an agonizing & quot;aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaah
" scream like he's being tortured.

Red Superfly
The "I hate you" part was good. He was on fire, in pain, adrenaline running mental, darkside coursing through him.

At first I thought maybe it should have been more understated, like a cold, quieter, "I hate you" but I realised him shout it passionately like he did was just infinitely better.

Besides, there are so many worse things in the movie.

As for him yelling "Noooooo!" I still hate it. It would have been way better if the table came up, he broke off the shackles, looked down at his gloves, put his hands on his mask (this was his new "face", you'd think he'd feel it at first), watch him idle for a while as he breathes with his new lungs, and let out a mournful groan.

I also would have loved it if he attacked The Emperor in a rage, maybe extend his arm and try to choke him, only for him to stop and submit himself, defeated and trapped, with nothing left, bowing before the Emperor. The whole "prisoner" idea wasn't strong enough. They could have made Vaders armour seem more like a cage for Anakins soul, but they didn't do much of anything, really.

NoFate007
It would have been awesome if he lashed out and did a Force Choke on Palpatine, nearly killing him, but also being too weak to finish the job. Palpatine could have said like, "Save your strength Lord Vader. There is still much to do." or something, I don't know.

Next Venom_girl
^ That would have been awesome. cool

Darth Jello
Originally posted by AntniEllison
Hahahahahahahaha if that did happen i wudda absolutley pissed miself wiv laughter

nooooooooo*breaks*OOOOOOOO

"No it cudnt have, it was ok a minute ago, i heard it"

anyways, The "I HATE YOU" was perfect, as for the NOOOOO the way i envisioned it when i heard about the scene was that we'd see anakin get the suit the table wud rise sidious wud tell him he killed padme n then ya kno that little screem he givs off jus b4 he breaks free from the table i imagined that but louder n the room gettin torn apart with the sheer force of his anger.

so yea instead of no a scream that wen u heard it u can feel how angry he is.

yeah!! after reading that spoiler, I thought that a bunch of human technicians in the room would just drop dead, that the room would buckle, and that sidious would get his ass thrown against a wall by the sheer force of vader's will

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.