KMC Forums

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Already a member? Log-in!

Home » Star Wars » Star Wars: Episode I, II & III » What could've been done/said instead of Anakin's "I hate you!" or Vader's "Noo!"

What could've been done/said instead of Anakin's "I hate you!" or Vader's "Noo!"
Started by: FistOfThe North

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (2): [1] 2 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
FistOfThe North

What could've been done/said instead of Anakin's "I hate you!" or Vader's "Noo!"

I though Anakin's Ep.III "I hate you!" was not a profound enough line even given the circumstances. I mean, it was after all already obvious that he did "hate" Obi Wan. Something else sinister or revealing should've been said. Nothing to long, but impactive.

And Vader's "Noo!" could've had him less emotional. Like he'd realize Padme died and he'd pull both hand of the table observe himself in a slow but shocking way and then raising one trembling tight fist while the Force was trembling stuff crazily around him in the same way it did in the film.

- Darth Plagueis

Old Post Dec 22nd, 2005 04:07 PM
Click here to Send FistOfThe North a Private Message Find more posts by FistOfThe North Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
~JP~
yeah baby

I personally loved the "I hate you!" line and the way it was delivered. And the No one just needed to be an angry "No" instead of the one we got.

Old Post Dec 22nd, 2005 04:19 PM
Click here to Send ~JP~ a Private Message Find more posts by ~JP~ Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
LanceWindu

Without the "I hate you" that scene wouldn't have worked as well as it did.

Anakin tells Obi-Wan he hates him, then Obi-Wan tells Anakin he loved him, that he was his brother.

Old Post Dec 22nd, 2005 04:21 PM
Click here to Send LanceWindu a Private Message Find more posts by LanceWindu Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
General Kon-El
Last Son of the Sith

Well the "I hate you part" was fine in my opinion. However, as for the "No" he could have said something like "HOW COULD THIS BE?" or anything else that would be better.

Old Post Dec 22nd, 2005 04:23 PM
Click here to Send General Kon-El a Private Message Find more posts by General Kon-El Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
The Ones
Death Eater

Instead of No!!!, vader could have yelled or screamed in anger

Harry Potter and the Triwizard Cup Spider-man 3

Old Post Dec 22nd, 2005 04:25 PM
Click here to Send The Ones a Private Message Find more posts by The Ones Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Darth Venom
No ticket!!!!!

Yeah I agree.

http://www.youtube.com/user/optimuspriime02

Old Post Dec 22nd, 2005 04:50 PM
Click here to Send Darth Venom a Private Message Find more posts by Darth Venom Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
kalsemo

I think the "noooooo" itself wasn't bad....what made it cheezy was the way Vader arched back and writhed as he was saying it... what would have been better was if, while screaming "nooooo" he buried his face in his hands, or threw a tantrum..... or practically anything else except arch back like that.

It was his flailing movements that made the scene awkward, not the dialogue.

Old Post Dec 22nd, 2005 06:44 PM
Click here to Send kalsemo a Private Message Find more posts by kalsemo Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
PVS
Restricted

Account Restricted

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Jedi Priestess
I personally loved the "I hate you!" line and the way it was delivered. And the No one just needed to be an angry "No" instead of the one we got.

yes

although the "NOOOOOOOO" annoyance has worn away for me with repetition.
all in all it sounded too corney and without a feeling of complete despair as it should have been....sounds more like a "NOOOOOOO" i would cry out if i was on vacation and found out the airline lost my luggage.

Old Post Dec 22nd, 2005 07:16 PM
Click here to Send PVS a Private Message Find more posts by PVS Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Next Venom_girl
Scream

I thought the "I hate you" part was fine... the "NOOOOOOO" was silly either one could be replaced with profanity. "F*** you, Obi-Wan" or "Ah Sh!+, let's go conquer the galaxy." stick out tongue

(please log in to view the image)
"I'm the Prince of f***ing darkness!"

Girls Kick Butt!Respect Venom|Respect Black Canary|Respect Namor|Respect Hellsing|The Official Symbiote Thread&Picture Thread

Old Post Dec 22nd, 2005 07:21 PM
Click here to Send Next Venom_girl a Private Message Find more posts by Next Venom_girl Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
DeVi| D0do
The 8th Deadly Sin

Originally posted by Jedi Priestess

I agree.

I don't mind the "Noooo!". It's supposed to be corny... it's a corny scene. There are far worse lines in the movie that could be replaced. "It's because I'm so in love" "No, it's because I'm so in love with you"... "Nu-uh, I love you more!" no expression

Old Post Dec 22nd, 2005 09:08 PM
Click here to Send DeVi| D0do a Private Message Find more posts by DeVi| D0do Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
((The_Anomaly))
2003 Super Senior Member

I loved the "I hate you" line....i dunno why anyone wouldent like it..

BRAWL FRIEND CODE: 3823-8176-3726

Old Post Dec 22nd, 2005 09:09 PM
Click here to Send ((The_Anomaly)) a Private Message Find more posts by ((The_Anomaly)) Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
FistOfThe North

Originally posted by ((The_Anomaly))
I loved the "I hate you" line....i dunno why anyone wouldent like it..

"I hate you" seemed like the easy things to say, even after it was obvious..Or the easy thing for Lucas to put in due to either not caring or just in a rush. Or it was just the mainstream thing to do because most would understand it.

I would've preferred an "I'll get you!" or "I'll kill you" which he eventually does. Or him cursing at Obi Wan in the Sith tongue in a possessed sounding voice, leaving it to the fans. I duno. It just seems that maybe grown men just don't scream that anyway after being knock down.

He did sound super pissed but only a little kid would scream "I hate you" when he got mad. Anakin was a man. O well.

With the "Noo!" I would've accepted "Obi Wan!" but in a heartless and angry roar.

- Darth Plagueis

Old Post Dec 22nd, 2005 09:34 PM
Click here to Send FistOfThe North a Private Message Find more posts by FistOfThe North Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Lord Lucien
Lets all love Lain

With the "I hate you," it symbolized the absolute fall of Anakin. He just said he hated his master, mentor, and a friend, who had been like a father, then a brother to him, one who had trained him after he was "orphaned" by Qui-Gon's death, the one who had trained him for 10 years, and always tried to help him or stand by him.

He was already trying to kill OB. The current line works.

Old Post Dec 22nd, 2005 10:13 PM
Click here to Send Lord Lucien a Private Message Find more posts by Lord Lucien Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
DeVi| D0do
The 8th Deadly Sin

Originally posted by FistOfThe North
With the "Noo!" I would've accepted "Obi Wan!" but in a heartless and angry roar.

Lol! That would be hillarious! laughing

Old Post Dec 22nd, 2005 10:26 PM
Click here to Send DeVi| D0do a Private Message Find more posts by DeVi| D0do Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
NK-Syndrome
Nonexistant

Originally posted by kalsemo
I think the "noooooo" itself wasn't bad....what made it cheezy was the way Vader arched back and writhed as he was saying it... what would have been better was if, while screaming "nooooo" he buried his face in his hands, or threw a tantrum..... or practically anything else except arch back like that.

It was his flailing movements that made the scene awkward, not the dialogue.

I agree, that was stupid and cliche. Even him clinching his fist and putting it in front of his face would've been better... He could've said
"No! That's not true! That's impossible!"

Old Post Dec 22nd, 2005 11:03 PM
Click here to Send NK-Syndrome a Private Message Find more posts by NK-Syndrome Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Ushgarak
Paladin

Co-Admin

Err... 'I hate you' was perfect. Exactly right. "I'll get you!" or "I'll kill you" would have been awful.

"We've got maybe seconds before Darth Rosenberg grinds everybody into Jawa burgers and not one of you buds has the midi-chlorians to stop her!"

"You've never had any TINY bit of sex, have you?"

BtVS

Old Post Dec 22nd, 2005 11:18 PM
Click here to Send Ushgarak a Private Message Find more posts by Ushgarak Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
NK-Syndrome
Nonexistant

Awful as in good? Or awful as in bad?

Old Post Dec 22nd, 2005 11:21 PM
Click here to Send NK-Syndrome a Private Message Find more posts by NK-Syndrome Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
GCG
Red Bull

I would've preferred an "I'll get you!" or "I'll kill you" which he eventually does. Or him cursing at Obi Wan in the Sith tongue in a possessed sounding voice, leaving it to the fans. I duno. It just seems that maybe grown men just don't scream that anyway after being knock down.

In that position, all chopped up, do you really think he was feeling so optimistic to say "I'll get you!" or "I'll kill you" ?

What Sith tongue do you speak of ?

Deferrals get you nowhere - Just Do It.........Or Ineptitude will consume your life like a Cancer

Old Post Dec 22nd, 2005 11:23 PM
Click here to Send GCG a Private Message Find more posts by GCG Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
((The_Anomaly))
2003 Super Senior Member

"I hate you" seemed like the easy things to say, even after it was obvious..Or the easy thing for Lucas to put in due to either not caring or just in a rush. Or it was just the mainstream thing to do because most would understand it.

He did sound super pissed but only a little kid would scream "I hate you" when he got mad. Anakin was a man. O well.

hahahahahaha, if he ever said "I'll get you!" I'd disown Star Wars and Lucas.

"I hate you!" was one of the best lines in the movie imo (and possibly the best delivered line by hayden, tied with "you will not take her from me!")

as for it not being something he'd say?? he was ****in pissed, you wouldnt say "I'll get you" over "I hate you"...common gimme a break."i'll kill you!" isnt as stupid as "i'll get you" but still, no one would say that. he just got 3 of his 4 limbs cut off, hes not thinking too hard at that point, its raw emotion. thats why "i hate you" is exactly what he should and did say.

BRAWL FRIEND CODE: 3823-8176-3726

Old Post Dec 23rd, 2005 04:00 AM
Click here to Send ((The_Anomaly)) a Private Message Find more posts by ((The_Anomaly)) Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
@stroFan
SMUDGE

"I kill you" wouldnt work because I dont think even Anakin thought he would survive. stick out tongue

I love the "I hate you", mainly because Obi responds with "I loved you." The "No" might have been better as just a angry scream.

Made by da Piggle diggle Humsy.

Old Post Dec 23rd, 2005 04:26 AM
Click here to Send @stroFan a Private Message Find more posts by @stroFan Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote