Batman vs. Daredevil (no weapons)

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

unknowable
Hand to hand combat, although daredevil's radar is not a weapon, it's an ability/power so it's allowed.

Jose123
Well no weapons automatically puts Batman at a disadvantage.
add the fact that with his Radar sense DD should be able to avoid most of Bats hit. then add DD advantage in speed and agility not to say bats is slow it's just DD is the more faster and agile of the two.

i give this to DD 7/10 times without any Pis or Cis.

if this was written in a actual comic though then bats would be written as being so fast that even DD can't figure out his next move will be while at the same time figuring out what Matt's secret identity really is and knowing what he like to drink in his coffee and whither he like to take summer walks in the park while at the same time figuring out he's blind all by just looking at him.

Logic and clear power advantage don't mean jack shit to Batman's mighty jobber aura.

Professor N
Batman is supposed to be a near perfect specimen, i.e an olympic level athlete, stamina, strength and reflexes honed to near human perfect. and he has a masteryof many forms of martial arts. Though he is nowhere near other 'humans' like captain america i bet he can still put up a decent struggle.

DD does have the advantage of enhanced senses etc, but i think it all boils down to who is the better fighter.

There are plenty of martial artists that can take down people stronger than them, bigger than them, and even faster than them, (remember DD is still just a human) and so the differences between them are not as high as you migh assume.

I think in this case, Batman takes this.

braz
^chyea, hes mastered over 127 different forms, and he has armor

Jose123
Originally posted by braz
^chyea, hes mastered over 127 different forms, and he has armor

don't mean jack when he can't land a punch.

Not trying to down play Bats training. Like I said he would have to land a hit.

And in the strength department i would give it to Bats as well as the Skills.

Speed and Agility and Radar sense that allows him to tell what Bats next move is goes to DD.

unless Bats a half a mile a way DD's ear and sense can pick up what he's going to do before he fully does it. and with no gadgets to mess with it I can't see Bats wining.

And Armour? so what as soon as DD figures out he's not going to get any hits by Punching him in the stomach he goes for that big exposed chin of his.

unknowable
Batman is a superior fighter, no question. He's taken on superhuman adversaries, hand to hand, like when he fought one of Darksied's goons to the death, the Apokolyptian grunt was able to lift a two ton water tank but Batman took him with a series of dodges and attacks, remember Batman knows where to hit you.

But I can't sleep on Daredevil his agility is definately superior to Batman's but I don't think he's much stronger than him.

Jose123
Originally posted by unknowable
Batman is a superior fighter, no question. He's taken on superhuman adversaries, hand to hand, like when he fought one of Darksied's goons to the death, the Apokolyptian grunt was able to lift a two ton water tank but Batman took him with a series of dodges and attacks, remember Batman knows where to hit you.

But I can't sleep on Daredevil his agility is definately superior to Batman's but I don't think he's much stronger than him.

he's not. But the strength and skills means nothing when you can't land a punch and you don't have the weapons you rely on as backup to help you.

braz
Originally posted by Jose123

Speed and Agility and Radar sense that allows him to tell what Bats next move is goes to DD.

unless Bats a half a mile a way DD's ear and sense can pick up what he's going to do before he fully does it. and with no gadgets to mess with it I can't see Bats wining.

And Armour? so what as soon as DD figures out he's not going to get any hits by Punching him in the stomach he goes for that big exposed chin of his.

yea he does have unusually, very quick reflexes....otherwise bats would win, hes stronger and more skilled

Professor N

I agree with what your saying for the most part, DD def has the speed advantage her, but his radar sense wont do him much good her.

Batman is a master of how many martial arts?? over a hundred, DD will hardly be able to predict what he is doing next, Batman can attack with whatever method he chooses, aikido, kung-fu, ninjitsu, kick-boxing, judo. His movements will not only be erratic, but effective at attacking an opponent he knows will be anticipating his next move.

So what if DD does anticipate/sense his next move, all he will do is block, by which time batman will of changed fighting style, stance, and approach and keep on fighting.

Dizzle
Batman's a disgustingly good martial artist, but so is Daredevil. After seeing some of his better speed feats (deflecting a bullet back at a guy and hitting him between the eyes and shattering his sunglasses) Daredevil is a freaking meta. At LEAST Batgirl level physically.

I'd give Matt 7/10 as well. Both have very good pressure point knowledge and fighting skills, but Daredevil has a distinct speed edge.

Jose123
Originally posted by Professor N
I agree with what your saying for the most part, DD def has the speed advantage her, but his radar sense wont do him much good her.

Batman is a master of how many martial arts?? over a hundred, DD will hardly be able to predict what he is doing next, Batman can attack with whatever method he chooses, aikido, kung-fu, ninjitsu, kick-boxing, judo. His movements will not only be erratic, but effective at attacking an opponent he knows will be anticipating his next move.

So what if DD does anticipate/sense his next move, all he will do is block, by which time batman will of changed fighting style, stance, and approach and keep on fighting.

or he can simply move out of the way of his attacks.

Scoobless
i'd go with DD for the win as well.... DD's radar sense will tell him about Batman's armour and where it's weaker points are and, as always, that sense plus his hearing tells him when an opponent is about to move increasing his reaction time (which is why he appears to be so fast) Batman can't fake out DD

unarmed - DD wins

unknowable
You guys are down playing Batman's strength a bit, besides hundreds of different forms of attacks his agility is paralleled by few and as for his strength, he's gotta be pretty strong in order to make 50 foot jumps and land on his feet, no doubt he knows how to land but still some shock absorbant force has to come into play to help the landing, enough infact that I would consider it a very strong feat even for an optimaly conditioned athlete.

Dizzle
The fact is, Daredevil does all of those things too... His senses make him even faster than Batman, though his fighting skills are just a notch below, IMO. In everything else, they're essentially equal.

Jose123
You guys are down playing Batman's strength a bit, besides hundreds of different forms of attacks his agility is paralleled by few and as for his strength, he's gotta be pretty strong in order to make 50 foot jumps and land on his feet, no doubt he knows how to land but still some shock absorbant force has to come into play to help the landing, enough infact that I would consider it a very strong feat even for an optimaly conditioned athlete.

were not downplaying his strength or his speed and agility. Just when compared to DD hs agility and speed is much better than Bats. just a notch above.

His strength and definatly his skills are his advantages in this match. but like I said it's not going to do much if he can't land a hit.

Whatup880088
yup

Juntai
The problem is, once DD comes in for an attack, Batman breaks him in half. He's a million times the fighter DD is.

Jose123
Originally posted by Juntai
The problem is, once DD comes in for an attack, Batman breaks him in half. He's a million times the fighter DD is.

the problem is he has to land a hit.

But I have to admit if he can land a hit or two DD is getting knocked the **** out.

So this match depends on Matt using his speed and agility and super senes to avoid Bats hits for most of the fight. If he can do that then he can win.

Whatup880088
were do u get that notion from?
DD has gone toe to toe with some of mavels best fighters. can batman say he was trained by some one as good as stick? ( by the way stick would beat batmans ass all over the place) batman may be a better fighter then DD but not by enough to amke a seorus deffrence and then u add in DD speed advantage of knowing were batman attacks befor he attacks

srankmissingnin
Basically Daredevil is the best of Batman and Nightwing in one package. He is as strong and skilled as Bruce and as fast and agile as Dick but ontop of that he also has a radar senses and superhuman reaction time. H2H with out any weapons is DDs fight and he gets the majority of wins 7 perhaps even 8 out of 10. To think that Bruce can get the majority of wins in these fight is absurd.

Whatup880088
the problem is he has to land a hit.

But I have to admit if he can land a hit or two DD is getting knocked the **** out.

So this match depends on Matt using his speed and agility and super senes to avoid Bats hits for most of the fight. If he can do that then he can win.
DD a tough **** batman aint koing DD in less then 5 hits

Jose123
Originally posted by Whatup880088
DD a tough **** batman aint koing DD in less then 5 hits

True.

bat bats can hit plenty hard.

Whatup880088
True.

bat bats can hit plenty hard.
true but not so hard that 2 hit swould ko DD

Jose123
Originally posted by Whatup880088
true but not so hard that 2 hit swould ko DD

yep. I guess I was looking for something to give to bats so i wouldn't seem to much of a DD fanboy.

But at least he still has the more skills 123213423434242423414531453 diffrent styles of being a dick

Whatup880088
yep. I guess I was looking for something to give to bats so i wouldn't seem to much of a DD fanboy.

But at least he still has the more skills 123213423434242423414531453 diffrent styles of being a dick
hahaha so true

unknowable
Just remeber yall, Batman has been called to save the universe, he was the only non super powered being along with Forager of the bug society to be rounded up by HighFather and Darksied in the Cosmic Odyssey series by DC.

The others that where called Superman, New gods Orion & Lightray, Martian Manhunter, Green Lantern, & Starfire of the Teen Titans.

marvelprince
Batman and DD are about equal in strength, or close enough that its a non factor. DD has a slight speed and agility advantage, but by much to matter either. Batman is a master of 147 different styles, which makes him a very unorthodox opponent but Daredevil's own personal style will also through Batman off. Daredevil does win this fight though due to his senses. When compared they are basically equals but Batman won't be able to last against a foe who can predict his attacks, sense feints, judge intensity of his attacks while noting Batman's vunerable areas. Batman can't counter that w/o his gadgets. DD's senses put him over the edge here. DD 8/10

Dizzle
Just remeber yall, Batman has been called to save the universe, he was the only non super powered being along with Forager of the bug society to be rounded up by HighFather and Darksied in the Cosmic Odyssey series by DC.

The others that where called Superman, New gods Orion & Lightray, Martian Manhunter, Green Lantern, & Starfire of the Teen Titans.

That's because he's the top selling character in DC, not because he can go h2h with Superman...

His majesty has the right idea. Tell em, sir prince. Tell em.

brainchild81
Originally posted by srankmissingnin
Basically Daredevil is the best of Batman and Nightwing in one package. He is as strong and skilled as Bruce and as fast and agile as Dick but ontop of that he also has a radar senses and superhuman reaction time. H2H with out any weapons is DDs fight and he gets the majority of wins 7 perhaps even 8 out of 10. To think that Bruce can get the majority of wins in these fight is absurd. Ditto

Juntai
Bruce would smash Daredevil seriously, I don't even see how you find a comparison between the two.

Batman couldn't win in less than 5 hits?
Please, it's documented in the comics, Batman can punch much harder than it takes to crush a human skull.

marvelprince
Bruce would smash Daredevil seriously, I don't even see how you find a comparison between the two.

Please, it's documented in the comics, Batman can punch much harder than it takes to crush a human skull.

Maybe Batman could win in five hits. Not where the problem lies. Daredevil could probably could take Batman down in five also. The thing is Daredevil's senses make it easy for him to predict and dodge Batman's attacks. Batman doesn't have this advantage. Daredevil can use his radar to map out all of Batman's weak points, again a luxury Batman doesn't have. DD wins.

Oh, and thanx Dizzle. Nice to know i have subjects...i mean friends out there. lol

Juntai
Originally posted by marvelprince
Maybe Batman could win in five hits. Not where the problem lies. Daredevil could probably could take Batman down in five also. The thing is Daredevil's senses make it easy for him to predict and dodge Batman's attacks. Batman doesn't have this advantage. Daredevil can use his radar to map out all of Batman's weak points, again a luxury Batman doesn't have. DD wins.

Oh, and thanx Dizzle. Nice to know i have subjects...i mean friends out there. lol The problem would be landing the blows neccisary to down Batman, who's above and beyond a superior fighter, who trains harder,... and Batman doesn't need a radar sense to plan out weak points, he does it with plain intellect and experience. Daredevil is really no higher class of fighter than Nightwing just he has better senses, but that doesn't equate to effectiveness in combat. Seeing something and utilizing or taking advantage of a situation are entirely different things...and Nightwing can't lay a hand on Batman as seen in Bruce Wayne murder. Likewise Batgirl is far out of Daredevil's league in terms of skill, and Batman outclassed her in a few moves.

Metalmanx
Well no weapons automatically puts Batman at a disadvantage.
add the fact that with his Radar sense DD should be able to avoid most of Bats hit. then add DD advantage in speed and agility not to say bats is slow it's just DD is the more faster and agile of the two.

i give this to DD 7/10 times without any Pis or Cis.

if this was written in a actual comic though then bats would be written as being so fast that even DD can't figure out his next move will be while at the same time figuring out what Matt's secret identity really is and knowing what he like to drink in his coffee and whither he like to take summer walks in the park while at the same time figuring out he's blind all by just looking at him.

Logic and clear power advantage don't mean jack shit to Batman's mighty jobber aura.

I agree with every single thing you just said. Except Batman would've also discovered the cure for cancer while sipping his coffee while fighting Daredevil.

But seriously. DD should win 7/10.

lifeisaglich
Agreed but this is assuming batman to down play his opponents abilities and I don't think down playing other peoples ability is part of batman vocab.

Impressive

lifeisaglich
I see alot of DD supposed wins depend on his radar to predict moves, what if batman can do the same...?

DD is faster than batman but not by much which makes this a 5 to 5 split in wins for both combatants. And if they really want to know who is the best between the two of them and so host one final match. I see batman winning batman on the fact that he can take alot of punishment....alot of punishment. So see DD with his speed advantage will land more punches than batman and unless he goes straight to the vital parts batman it is going to win. (That is ofcourse batman does not realize where his opponent is headed)

Jose123
Originally posted by lifeisaglich
I see alot of DD supposed wins depend on his radar to predict moves, what if batman can do the same...?

DD is faster than batman but not by much which makes this a 5 to 5 split in wins for both combatants. And if they really want to know who is the best between the two of them and so host one final match. I see batman winning batman on the fact that he can take alot of punishment....alot of punishment. So see DD with his speed advantage will land more punches than batman and unless he goes straight to the vital parts batman it is going to win. (That is ofcourse batman does not realize where his opponent is headed)

What if Batman can do the same? You mean predict his opponents next move by using his superpowers?

lifeisaglich
laughing

Now that is funny. Essentialy yes but not in the way you discribed it.

Lets try and keep batman superpower's out of this. I don't think we wants to turn this match into a blood bath, now do we?

unknowable
I don't know, I still see Batman taking DD because of his superior(by far)fighting skill,

Fighting
Batman - 10
Daredevil - 8

Agility
Batman - 8
Daredevil - 9
Spiderman and above would be 10.

Strength
Batman - 8
Daredevil - 8 1/2
Although I believe through history Batman has fought much tougher opponents, this suggest while not being stronger than DD(slightly), he probably has such a great knowledge of how to use the strength he has, that strength becomes nearly obsolete.

Intelligence/wisdom/improvisation
Batman - 10
Daredevil - 8

Total
Batman - 36
Daredevil - 33 1/2

Batman takes it !!!

marvelprince
Originally posted by lifeisaglich

Batman is nowhere near DD level of move prediction/anticipation/countering. Part of what makes DD so great is not only that he is a great fighter, but that he moves with an opponents. That he predicts his opponents action and then counters them. eg If you go to kick someone, normally they would block or attempt to dodge. If that person was Daredevil then they would probably counter your kick with a jump kick, or low kick. He would attack when your most vunerable, which is when your attacking. And against a powerless, gadgetless Batman DD wins

Tha C-Master

Please, it's documented in the comics, Batman can punch much harder than it takes to crush a human skull. He can't win if he can't land a punch, logically DD IS faster...

lifeisaglich
OH no I am not saying that batman can predict moves like DD. But what I am saying is that batman can also predict moves as well like he did against freeway. A person who was so fast batman could not see his attacks. Batman adapted by feeling the air around freeway, and reacted to it when freeway made a move.

DrDoom101
I still say batman takes it even without weapons

King KAM
Originally posted by DrDoom101
I still say batman takes it even without weapons and i say you are correct.

superbatman86
You guys are talking like DareDevils never been hit before.He's faster and can sense moves but eventually he has to get in close to do any damage and he's not fast or good enough to dodge EVERY attack.

unknowable
Batman once fought the Hulk in a crossover hand to hand and won, because Batman always finds a way.
Batam is to skilled and more importantly to intelligent.

Soljer
Batman once fought the Hulk in a crossover hand to hand and won, because Batman always finds a way.
Batam is to skilled and more importantly to intelligent.

In a crossover, there you go, you said it yourself. Crossover's are usually poorly written, and fan decided. Unless Batman simply comes up with an Anti-Hulk-Batgun, there is no conceivable way for him to win alone. It would be like Batman trying to go unarmed against superman, all the fighting skills in the world will not overcome brute strength.

And please tell me you were kidding about "Batman always finds a way." So does every other hero in the comics, otherwise, they would die, the comics would end, and the company wouldn't make anymore money. Not hard to grasp. Anyways, back to the topic at hand:

I, with the majority, also thing that Daredevil would take this, not quite as easily as everyone is saying, but still, he would win six through eight out of ten, at the least. Batman has fought faster people before, sure, and (odds are) he has also fought those with a seeming 'precognition'. But we aren't talking about super-inventor-master-of-four-billion-arts-batman, we are talking about a fight between the two with no prep time, no detailed knowledge about each other; Daredevil takes this more times then not.

unknowable
Originally posted by Soljer
In a crossover, there you go, you said it yourself. Crossover's are usually poorly written, and fan decided. Unless Batman simply comes up with an Anti-Hulk-Batgun, there is no conceivable way for him to win alone. It would be like Batman trying to go unarmed against superman, all the fighting skills in the world will not overcome brute strength.

And please tell me you were kidding about "Batman always finds a way." So does every other hero in the comics, otherwise, they would die, the comics would end, and the company wouldn't make anymore money. Not hard to grasp. Anyways, back to the topic at hand:

I, with the majority, also thing that Daredevil would take this, not quite as easily as everyone is saying, but still, he would win six through eight out of ten, at the least. Batman has fought faster people before, sure, and (odds are) he has also fought those with a seeming 'precognition'. But we aren't talking about super-inventor-master-of-four-billion-arts-batman, we are talking about a fight between the two with no prep time, no detailed knowledge about each other; Daredevil takes this more times then not.

Your right crossovers are fishy, and every superhero does find a way, but,
Batman is, unique if you will, when it comes to finding a way. This is why in every story where Batman 's involved, no matter who else is in the book Batmaan will save the day or be directly involved in it's salvation.
Batman is the master character when it comes to finding a way, even standing out amongst those that do the same and why? Because he has no powers, and is forced to be more than brilliant when trapped in a corner.
Remember Batman is so special Superman only trusts him to hold the killer kryptonite in case he goes bonkers, not Wonderwoman a trustworthy Amazonian under the table love interest, or any other, but Batman why?
Cause he knows only he would have the sound judgement to use it when and if he needed to.
Phenomenal brilliance and intuition(borderline radar sense)
superior fighting skill, any way you cut it,
strength? They are nearly equals,
agility? I'll give it to DD but only by a notch or two
Remeber Batman has been sufficiently trained to fight without eyes.
hell Batman will blindfold himself and still be 100% as affective as if he were not.

jrodslam
DD 6.5/10

unknowable
Originally posted by jrodslam
DD 6.5/10
disagree
When you see their opponents you realize everything, while DD has fought many average above average adversaries, Batman has taken on characters trying to destroy the galaxy.

jrodslam
disagree
When you see their opponents you realize everything, while DD has fought many average above average adversaries, Batman has taken on characters trying to destroy the galaxy.

What does the villains have to do with anything? Thats a straw-man. Batman beats DD cause his villains are better? Look who Batman is compared to DD. Hes top 3 most notable comic characters ever.

Spiderman has better villains than Namor. Does than mean hes beating him in a fight?

Mindship
First of all, what exactly is DD's "radar sense?" Is it considered a superpower or not? If not, then it may even be something Batman can somewhat mimic using his own finely tuned sense of timing and opponent-awareness (the latter being something every true-master martial artists develops).

Secondly, if the radar sense is some kind of superpower, then it should be considered a weapon. Radar (the real deal) Is a weapon. No, it's not a device to kill or destroy, but it is something that has been used in warfare to give one side an edge over the other. If it were not a weapon, than F-17s would not be sent in to take out radar stations as phase 1 in a war.

Thirdly, what I have not seen mentioned in the above threads (unless I missed it) is that Batman is an expert tactician. He will likely realize very quickly whatever edge DD has over him and take steps to counter it, kinda like what Bullseye did in the movie with the organ pipes. If Bullseye can do something like that and take advantage, you better believe Bat will (notice I said "something like that," which means, kindly hold your movie-isn't-canon response, as I'm using it just as an example).

Listen, I don't have any particular fondness/dislike for either Batman or Daredevil. But seems to me, Batman fights as much with his mind as with his body.

So who wins? Batman 6/10.

braz
Originally posted by Mindship
First of all, what exactly is DD's "radar sense?" Is it considered a superpower or not? If not, then it may even be something Batman can somewhat mimic using his own finely tuned sense of timing and opponent-awareness (the latter being something every true-master martial artists develops).

Secondly, if the radar sense is some kind of superpower, then it should be considered a weapon. Radar (the real deal) Is a weapon. No, it's not a device to kill or destroy, but it is something that has been used in warfare to give one side an edge over the other. If it were not a weapon, than F-17s would not be sent in to take out radar stations as phase 1 in a war.

Thirdly, what I have not seen mentioned in the above threads (unless I missed it) is that Batman is an expert tactician. He will likely realize very quickly whatever edge DD has over him and take steps to counter it, kinda like what Bullseye did in the movie with the organ pipes. If Bullseye can do something like that and take advantage, you better believe Bat will (notice I said "something like that," which means, kindly hold your movie-isn't-canon response, as I'm using it just as an example).

Listen, I don't have any particular fondness/dislike for either Batman or Daredevil. But seems to me, Batman fights as much with his mind as with his body.

So who wins? Batman 6/10.

^u have a point and i somewhat agree with u, but theres no way u could seperate dds radar sense from his body or else he would be just a normal blind man..thats how he gets around and does everyday things, and it gives him an edge in the fighting department as well in speed and countering blows, but i think if batman knew about his radar sense and sensitive hearing, he would think of some way to counter all that... i mean, after all, batman is the master strategist of all comic heroes....and besides, it would be easy to take down dd..even i could do it, all u need is to just go to the stor and buy an airhorn laughing

Jose123
^u have a point and i somewhat agree with u, but theres no way u could seperate dds radar sense from his body or else he would be just a normal blind man..thats how he gets around and does everyday things, and it gives him an edge in the fighting department as well in speed and countering blows, but i think if batman knew about his radar sense and sensitive hearing, he would think of some way to counter all that... i mean, after all, batman is the master strategist of all comic heroes....and besides, it would be easy to take down dd..even i could do it, all u need is to just go to the stor and buy an airhorn laughing

except this match says NO WEAPONS.

The Ion
Originally posted by King KAM
and i say you are correct.
And I agree with this.

Mindship

It would have to be a remotely operated airhorn, otherwise, couldn't you just have to scream real loud?

braz
except this match says NO WEAPONS.

yea, yea i know im just being silly, but technically its not a weapon

marvelprince
You guys are talkin about Batman like his training can help him match DD senses. Daredevil's senses are so acute that he can track a person by their own unique heartbeat in a city of thousands. I'm sorry, but no training can help Bruce attain that. DD will know what Batman is planning on doing just by listening to the subtle contractions of his muscles as he prepares to move. It will also allow him to pinpoint weak points, knowing where to strike Batman to produce the most damage. In every other department they are basically equals. Martial arts? Batman knows 147. So? Daredevil knows how to counter most of those plus he has his own unique style. Strength? Batman, but not by much. Agility? Daredevil, but not by too much. The senses but DD over the edge here in a weaponless fight.

BTW, Batman may be a master technican, but DD isn't exactly stupid. He moves and even turns his head as if looking so that it not easy to pick up that he is blind. In the movie it took Bullseye a few encounters to figure that DD is vunerable to sound. In straight up fight DD would have Bats on high alert so he would probably focus more on the fight than anything else.7/10 DD

jrodslam
^ I agree.

When Bats and DD did scuffle, Bats didnt know DD was blind till afterwards.

Lychon
he's not. But the strength and skills means nothing when you can't land a punch and you don't have the weapons you rely on as backup to help you.

Actually, Batman is stronger. He has superior strength, skills, and intelligence which would pretty much cause DareDevil to go ByeBye within a few seconds. Sucks but that's how it is...

This was almost as easy to decide as the Juggernaut vs Hulk question (Duh, Juggernaut would destroy Hulk like a piece of paper...)

jrodslam
IF Batman is stronger, its only slightly. Strength wont play much of a factor at all in this fight. No way Bats beats DD in seconds. Whoever wins, it will be a drawn out battle.

Plus Juggy never destroyed Hulk.

brainchild81

The others that where called Superman, New gods Orion & Lightray, Martian Manhunter, Green Lantern, & Starfire of the Teen Titans. That's amazing. Batman still loses.

brainchild81
Your right crossovers are fishy, and every superhero does find a way, but,
Batman is, unique if you will, when it comes to finding a way. This is why in every story where Batman 's involved, no matter who else is in the book Batmaan will save the day or be directly involved in it's salvation.
Batman is the master character when it comes to finding a way, even standing out amongst those that do the same and why? Because he has no powers, and is forced to be more than brilliant when trapped in a corner.
Remember Batman is so special Superman only trusts him to hold the killer kryptonite in case he goes bonkers, not Wonderwoman a trustworthy Amazonian under the table love interest, or any other, but Batman why?
Batman is indeed great(one of the greatest heroes of all time), he's also great @ using tech to "find a way". He's unarmed here and he's going against a person who is an extremely skilled martial artist that can predict moves a good deal better than Bruce can. DD's faster and more agile and when you add in his prediction skills (that are better than Batman's will ever be no matter how hard he trains), he's gonna be moving even faster in comparison to Batman. Batman is gonna be doing a lot of swinging and missing. DD's gonna be connecting. DD wins. With weapons he could use some sonic device provided DD doesn't see it coming and knock it out of his hands w/the club. Without weapons, DD simply goes crazy with the speed and turns Batman into a punching bag. Sorry Batfans, reputation and sales won't save Bruce here.

jesserw21
didn't shiva train batman after bane broke his back? and she is the one best MA in DC

Etrigan
The moment all of Batman's gadgets are taken away, he loses a massive advantage. DD can use his radar to avoid half of Batman's blows, as well as just shut various parts of Bats down with nerve jabs etc.
Batman is an awesome fighter, and very strong and skilled, no doubt. Just take a look at some of the stuff in the Batman Respect Thread. But DD is better than him in many ways.

I say DD beats Bats 6/10.

jrodslam
Well in Bat's defense, im sure he knows nerve hits as well. Only thing is DD probably uses it more in everyday battle.

Lord Magnus
Durn good fight.

Yeah, Bats always "finds a way" but if he's just thrust into H2H with a psycho blind lawyer he'll do what every person who thinks he might stand a chance will do: fight. And, eventually, lose. DD 6/10.

King KAM
Originally posted by Lord Magnus
Durn good fight.

Yeah, Bats always "finds a way" but if he's just thrust into H2H with a psycho blind lawyer he'll do what every person who thinks he might stand a chance will do: fight. And, eventually, lose. DD 6/10.
Bats is not only MORE trained, but he is stronger, and Has reach advantage, and a WAY better grappler.....

jrodslam
IF Bats is stronger its not by much and it wouldnt make a difference in the fight. What reach advantage does he have over DD? Plus Bats already tried the grab method and he got fliped over for it so....

brainchild81
Batam is to skilled and more importantly to intelligent. Read it again please. Batman used gas. He has no weapons here. Batman beating Hulk h2h is impossible unless he's in Banner form.

Metalmanx
Daredevil for the win.

Soljer
Originally posted by Metalmanx
Daredevil for the win.

yes

Scoobless
DD FTW!

ABBR FTW!

smile

h1a8
The bottom line is if DD is written to be consistent with the fact that he can sense nerve impulses before any attack and can swat and dodge bullets with ease which consists of the best of his abilities (forum rules) then there is no way for batman to land a hit on him.

No amount of skills that batman can have in order to hit DD.
For all his strikes will be sensed beforehand (through his nerve impulses)
and combined with the fact that none of his strikes are faster than a bullet (in which that speed DD handles well).

DD definitely wins the majority here.
That doesn't mean that batman will win any (for he won't).
It just means that some could possibly be a draw.

Juntai
Originally posted by h1a8
The bottom line is if DD is written to be consistent with the fact that he can sense nerve impulses before any attack and can swat and dodge bullets with ease which consists of the best of his abilities (forum rules) then there is no way for batman to land a hit on him.

No amount of skills that batman can have in order to hit DD.
For all his strikes will be sensed beforehand (through his nerve impulses)
and combined with the fact that none of his strikes are faster than a bullet (in which that speed DD handles well).

DD definitely wins the majority here.
That doesn't mean that batman will win any (for he won't).
It just means that some could possibly be a draw. Then why don't we use Batman how he's portrayed?
Not even Superman can hear/see/sense him or him movements, and his senses are on another level entirely.
Well, why use one without considering Batman's portrayals?

He'd be a complete blindspot to Daredevil.

darthgoober
Then why don't we use Batman how he's portrayed?
Not even Superman can hear/see/sense him or him movements, and his senses are on another level entirely.

Why does Batman have to make noise for DD to "see" him? ANY noise present(even noise that DD himself makes), would create soundwaves that would bounce off of objects, and register on his radar sense.

Anyway, as close as these two are, in this situation I say they'd split the difference 5/10(with weapons it goes to 7/10 Bats).

SpunkySmurph
Originally posted by darthgoober
Why does Batman have to make noise for DD to "see" him? ANY noise present(even noise that DD himself makes), would create soundwaves that would bounce off of objects, and register on his radar sense.

Anyway, as close as these two are, in this situation I say they'd split the difference 5/10(with weapons it goes to 7/10 Bats).

umm... no

Bats with gadgets- 6-7/10

bats w/o gadgets- 2-3/10

Daredevil has been able to fight (and beat once, though just barely) Spiderman. Often quite close matches.

Bats wont touch any nerve spots. He wont get a chance to properly grapple. And when he does manage to hit DD (if at all), Matt will jjust roll with the punches, greatly decreasing the impact damage, which he has been shown to be capable of doing with much faster opponents.

Soljer
Then why don't we use Batman how he's portrayed?

Batman can hide his scent. He can deafen his audibility. He can blend in with the shadows.

He CANNOT eliminate his body mass. He'd register on Daredevil's radar sense.

EDIT: Spunky Smurphs' estimations sound pretty good.

7-8/10 for Daredevil in this scenario.

Advantage to the Batman with Gadgets.

Juntai
Batman can hide his scent. He can deafen his audibility. He can blend in with the shadows.

He CANNOT eliminate his body mass. He'd register on Daredevil's radar sense.

People were saying they'd hear his movements. But it's consistantly portrayed that those with heightened and supersenses still can't do it, why would anyone try to entertain the idea that daredevil could in light of Batman's portrayals?

Soljer
People were saying they'd hear his movements. But it's consistantly portrayed that those with heightened and supersenses still can't do it, why would anyone try to entertain the idea that daredevil could in light of Batman's portrayals?

I see. I thought that Daredevil could detect the synapses firing in the nerves? Something I don't see Batman hiding....

Besides that, when has Batman ever hidden himself from someone like Superman WHILST in the middle of an incredibly intense combat situation? I know he's managed to sneak up on Clark, but that is hardly the same as jumping, dodging, punching, and kicking. erm.

Juntai
Originally posted by SpunkySmurph
umm... no

bats w/o gadgets- 2-3/10

Daredevil has been able to fight (and beat once, though just barely) Spiderman. Often quite close matches.

Bats wont touch any nerve spots. He wont get a chance to properly grapple. And when he does manage to hit DD (if at all), Matt will jjust roll with the punches, greatly decreasing the impact damage, which he has been shown to be capable of doing with much faster opponents. Lets not even try to get into a who has beaten who between Daredevil and Batman, that would be a losing debate for Daredevil fans.

darthgoober
Originally posted by SpunkySmurph
umm... no

bats w/o gadgets- 2-3/10

Bats wont touch any nerve spots. He wont get a chance to properly grapple. And when he does manage to hit DD (if at all), Matt will jjust roll with the punches, greatly decreasing the impact damage, which he has been shown to be capable of doing with much faster opponents.
Spidey holds back in many of his street level fights(as made evident by the fact that if he didn't and he connected AT ALL with DD in their battles, DD would be dead), so that doesn't prove much.

Soljer
Lets not even try to get into a who has beaten who between Daredevil and Batman, that would be a losing debate for Daredevil fans.

?? He has beaten white martians with fire, and has beaten Superman so long as he has kryptonite or a major plot device going for him?

Or the legions of people he's outsmarted?

Who has Batman beaten down, without prep, weapons, gadgets, or the rest of his team that is comparable to Spiderman? Who has Batman gone hand to hand with that would make Spiderman look like such a joke?

He's sparred with Dianna(while she was holding EVERYTHING back) and can tangle with a Kryptonite-sickened Superman.

This is impressive...why?

Spidey holds back in many of his street level fights(as made evident by the fact that if he didn't and he connected AT ALL with DD in their battles, DD would be dead), so that doesn't prove much.

Spiderman DID connect. And mentioned that, while he was hitting Daredevil, Matt was just rolling with his punches, mostly nullifying their effect.

SpunkySmurph

To add on to what Soljer said, he was still going a heck of alot faster then Batman would. I'm not trying to prove anything about DD's durability, more about his reflexes, agility, skills, etc.

darthgoober
?? He has beaten white martians with fire, and has beaten Superman so long as he has kryptonite or a major plot device going for him?

Who has Batman beaten down, without prep, weapons, gadgets, or the rest of his team that is comparable to Spiderman? Who has Batman gone hand to hand with that would make Spiderman look like such a joke?

He's sparred with Dianna(while she was holding EVERYTHING back) and can tangle with a Kryptonite-sickened Superman.

Spiderman DID connect. And mentioned that, while he was hitting Daredevil, Matt was just rolling with his punches, mostly nullifying their effect.
You aren't honestly be suggesting that Spiderman was swinging as hard as he could in their battles are you? Your talking about Mr. Responsibility himself, there's NO WAY he'd go all out against another hero, who'd be killed if he(Spiderman) landed a single square punch.

Soljer
You aren't honestly be suggesting that Spiderman was swinging as hard as he could in their battles are you? Your talking about Mr. Responsibility himself, there's NO WAY he'd go all out against another hero, who'd be killed if he(Spiderman) landed a single square punch.

No, I'm not suggesting that.

I'm suggesting that a Spiderman who is holding back is still one HELL of a lot stronger and faster than a Batman operating at peak efficiency.

Juntai

Captain Marvel?

Etrigan the demon?

How many do you need?

Juntai

I'm suggesting that a Spiderman who is holding back is still one HELL of a lot stronger and faster than a Batman operating at peak efficiency. This isn't about Spiderman, it's about Daredevil and Batman. Batman's "Mental Invisibility" techniques and stealth are enough that those with heightened and supersenses can't find him/follow him. There's no reason to believe Daredevil could, given the circumstances.

Then Batman is far and away the better fighter here, imo.

darthgoober

I'm suggesting that a Spiderman who is holding back is still one HELL of a lot stronger and faster than a Batman operating at peak efficiency.
Oh ok, I can live with that.

But seriously, DD vs SM is a high showing for DD, and a low showing for SM. But if you look at the averages, DD has shown difficulty with street level martial arts hero's is the past, WAY more often than he's shown the ability to hang with people like Spiderman.

Now after giving it some thought, I will admit that DD's radar sense WOULD give him an advantage over Bats, but I still can't really see him taking more than 6/10.

Soljer
This isn't about Spiderman, it's about Daredevil and Batman. Batman's "Mental Invisibility" techniques and stealth are enough that those with heightened and supersenses can't find him/follow him. There's no reason to believe Daredevil could, given the circumstances.

Then Batman is far and away the better fighter here, imo.

Key phrase in that last sentence: "In my opinion."

That is all very well and good, but we really lack the evidence to qualify that statement as fact. It is very arguable, and I guarantee you'll have plenty of people telling you that the difference in skill is negligible, or even in Daredevil's favor.

Anyways; when the hell did he go hand to hand with a powered up Billy and come out on top? Are you one of those who also believes that Deathstroke tagging the flash is all well and good? Considering Captain Marvel's strength, speed, and durability, Batman should have imploded by being in his mere presence. Get serious for a moment.

Juntai
Key phrase in that last sentence: "In my opinion."

That is all very well and good, but we really lack the evidence to qualify that statement as fact. It is very arguable, and I guarantee you'll have plenty of people telling you that the difference in skill is negligible, or even in Daredevil's favor.

Anyways; when the hell did he go hand to hand with a powered up Billy and come out on top? Are you one of those who also believes that Deathstroke tagging the flash is all well and good? Considering Captain Marvel's strength, speed, and durability, Batman should have imploded by being in his mere presence. Get serious for a moment. Batman fights and defeats lots of people who on the forum are considered out of his league, just like Cap in outer space fighting Thanos in hand to hand.

I told you "lets not get into a who's beaten who", because Batman wins that battle, like it or not, a millions times over.

The very idea that Batman can conceal his movements, which is the strongest case of how Daredevil could beat Batman, is nullified.

Now quit running off on tangents.

We're comparing Batman with Daredevil.

brainchild81

Juntai
http://img5.imagevenue.com/img.php?loc=loc129&image=7e5_batstealth10.jpg
http://img46.imagevenue.com/img.php?loc=loc76&image=b03_batstealth11.jpg

Not even the Spectre nor his mystical defenses, or the fact it's invisible to the human eye, can stop Batman from entering and escaping his inner sanctum unnoticed, amongst a large group of superheros as well.

Juntai

UniOmni
Dammit Jun!!

You broke logic!!

You mean to tell me, that The Wrath of God, isn't proof against the BatGod??

Juntai
Originally posted by UniOmni
Dammit Jun!!

You broke logic!!

You mean to tell me, that The Wrath of God, isn't proof against the BatGod?? In Spectre volume 4, issue 3, I believe offhand without looking it up. Batman who entered the issue with Superman, was threatening about them having to put down the Spectre if he stepped out of line.

brainchild81
http://img5.imagevenue.com/img.php?loc=loc129&image=7e5_batstealth10.jpg
http://img46.imagevenue.com/img.php?loc=loc76&image=b03_batstealth11.jpg

Not even the Spectre nor his mystical defenses, or the fact it's invisible to the human eye, can stop Batman from entering and escaping his inner sanctum unnoticed, amongst a large group of superheros as well. That screams PIS, but maybe not. Those defenses are for threats right?

Soljer
Batman fights and defeats lots of people who on the forum are considered out of his league, just like Cap in outer space fighting Thanos in hand to hand.

I told you "lets not get into a who's beaten who", because Batman wins that battle, like it or not, a millions times over.

The very idea that Batman can conceal his movements, which is the strongest case of how Daredevil could beat Batman, is nullified.

Now quit running off on tangents.

We're comparing Batman with Daredevil.

What tangents? The fact that you can't find a single legit combatant that Batman has taken in hand to hand that is on Spiderman's level?

Besides that, I think that sneaking in and out of a building is HARDLY the same thing as cloaking your utter PRESENCE from someone whilst trying to effectively engage them in combat. Comparing apples to oranges, my friend.

h1a8

That is because it is either PIS or superman wasn't paying much attention or being aware (I didn't read that comic). Sometimes Clark can filter the sounds he wants when many people are in the vicinity. And when sometimes he doesn't, he basically just hear a lot of jumble. This happens when he is just thinking to himself.

With that said
You know as well as I do that Batman can't sneak up on superman (without it being PIS) if superman is aware.

Neither can batman hide his heartbeat or electrical and chemical impulses used to move from DD.

Juntai
Originally posted by brainchild81
That screams PIS, but maybe not. Those defenses are for threats right?
But that's just one a million scans of him exhibiting such. Granted, I'll agree it may be the most rediculous.

Batman has also broken through the JLA Watchtower defenses, which is based off of New God and Apokaliptian Tech, as well as earth's best tech, and magical detection and defense because of Jason Blood.

brainchild81
What tangents? The fact that you can't find a single legit combatant that Batman has taken in hand to hand that is on Spiderman's level?

Besides that, I think that sneaking in and out of a building is HARDLY the same thing as cloaking your utter PRESENCE from someone whilst trying to effectively engage them in combat. Comparing apples to oranges, my friend. Good point. Otherwise Batman would do this to Shiva & Deathstroke. He don't. He can't. DD kicks his @ss

Juntai

Besides that, I think that sneaking in and out of a building is HARDLY the same thing as cloaking your utter PRESENCE from someone whilst trying to effectively engage them in combat. Comparing apples to oranges, my friend. Really? I named two offhand and asked how many you wanted. Then you went off on "But he can't do that..." bla bla. Like Daredevil could actually beat Spiderman. And Batman beating stronger people is just plain rediculous or something. Quit trying to give to one character and take away from another.

The tangent is focusing on the spidey comparison rather than the Daredevil vs Batman version.

Batman has lost Superman and Flash among a million other heros, in plain sight.

Juntai
Good point. Otherwise Batman would do this to Shiva & Deathstroke. He don't. He can't
He's beaten both of them without such.

h1a8

DD doesn't see. He has radar. There is no concealing of batman's movements here. Plus he can still sense nerve impulses and heartbeat (unless batman is dead of course).

brainchild81
He's beaten both of them without such. Course there's PIS involved when he beats them. Especially DS. DS has kicked his @ss to. How come bats didn't stealth him? Are you one of those guys who thinks Bats (or any nonmeta) can beat DS h2h w/out PIS?

Juntai
DD doesn't see. He has radar. There is no concealing of batman's movements here. Plus he can still sense nerve impulses and heartbeat (unless batman is dead of course). And other heros can't do that?

This guy has stood in a room with Superman for about an hour before without being noticed. A guy who hears crickets from the moon.

He's hidden from Martian Manhunter using psychic abilities.

He's snuck into the Spectre's sanctuary.

I don't think his movements are going to be easily traceable for daredevil. THough he'll still see him, via his mass as said earlier , he's not going to be hearing Batman's movements by his blood and muscles tensing and all that. No-one hears Batman move. It's called a counter-arguement.

Of course Daredevil can do that to many opponents, but Batman has proven the neccisary abilities to counter such many many times over, probably more times than Daredevil's even been drawn on paper.

Juntai
Course there's PIS involved when he beats them. Especially DS. DS has kicked his @ss to. How come bats didn't stealth him? Are you one of those guys who thinks Bats (or any nonmeta) can beat DS h2h w/out PIS? Are you one of those guys who goes around asking if people are 'one of those guys'?

http://img12.imagevenue.com/view.php?loc=loc24&image=c7d_batstroke2k.jpg&page=19&track_id=1161555646

See that guy getting WHAKed?
Guess who it is?

Accel
I'd give Daredevil the majority here. No weapons really levels the playing field in his favor.

brainchild81
Are you one of those guys who goes around asking if people are 'one of those guys'?It would appear so. Now try being one of those guys who answers the question smile Also, Bats is using a weapon in that pic now isn't he? I know you're smart enough to be one of those guys who knows what h2h is. Might you also have how that entire fight went and a description of DS powers @ the time?

Juntai
It would appear so. Now try being one of those guys who answers the question smile I did.

See?

brainchild81
Also, Bats is using a weapon in that pic now isn't he? I know you're smart enough to be one of those guys who knows what h2h is. Might you also have how that entire fight went and a description of DS powers @ the time?

Metalmanx
And other heros can't do that?

This guy has stood in a room with Superman for about an hour before without being noticed. A guy who hears crickets from the moon.

I don't think his movements are going to be easily traceable for daredevil. THough he'll still see him, via his mass as said earlier , he's not going to be hearing Batman's movements by his blood and muscles tensing and all that. No-one hears Batman move. It's called a counter-arguement.

Of course Daredevil can do that to many opponents, but Batman has proven the neccisary abilities to counter such many many times over, probably more times than Daredevil's even been drawn on paper.

Even IF Batman can shield himself (I doubt he can do this in combat anyway) from DD's hearing, sense of smell, and sight (hah), he still takes up mass. Mass that will register on DD's radar sense. So really, all these arguments are kind of void. DD will know where he is and be able to take him out using his abilities to beat Batman.

Daredevil 6/10.

h1a8
And other heros can't do that?

All of it is PIS
Plus the fact that things like that rarely happened for batman (hence PIS) Batman has proved such things many times over is a crock.
The density of such things is so small that it is like a gold quarter inside a barrel full of silver quarters. Also it is SmvFL since superman is capable of hearing heartbeat. And batman isn't dead.

Also some of your points are irrelavant.
Such as hiding from MM
Such as sneaking into Spectre's sanc

Lastly he can't do things like this in battle anyway because he never has.
These are the rules (no feats no evidence then no such ability).

Daredevil1
Daredevil

There both real good martial artists but DD has the Radar/Super-senses.

UniOmni
All of it is PIS
Plus the fact that things like that rarely happened for batman (hence PIS) Batman has proved such things many times over is a crock.
The density of such things is so small that it is like a gold quarter inside a barrel full of silver quarters. Also it is SmvFL since superman is capable of hearing heartbeat. And batman isn't dead.

Also some of your points are irrelavant.
Such as hiding from MM
Such as sneaking into Spectre's sanc

Lastly he can't do things like this in battle anyway because he never has.
These are the rules (no feats no evidence then no such ability).

I don't have a problem with Batsy beating other heroes in stealth. Thats all he has.

But my only gripe comes when the Wrath of God, is goofed.

And i find it hard to believe someone is calling smvsfl, when Superman has actually continued to fight after his hearts stopped functioning.

Doesn't get much worse than that.

Soljer
Really? I named two offhand and asked how many you wanted. Then you went off on "But he can't do that..." bla bla. Like Daredevil could actually beat Spiderman. And Batman beating stronger people is just plain rediculous or something. Quit trying to give to one character and take away from another.

What the f**k?

Are you HONESTLY trying to suggest that your Captain Marvel comparison was in ANY way applicable? Daredevil has an established chance at hanging with Spiderman. Beating him? No, but hanging with him, dealing with his speed, his strength.

Batman has NO established way of dealing with someone who can fly at (minimum) Mach 500 and has stalemated Superman in a contest of Strength.

Daredevil vs. Spiderman isn't a bad fight to watch, but Spiderman'll win a majority.

Batman vs. Captain Marvel is just SMvs.FL.

h1a8
I don't have a problem with Batsy beating other heroes in stealth. Thats all he has.

And i find it hard to believe someone is calling smvsfl, when Superman has actually continued to fight after his hearts stopped functioning.

Doesn't get much worse than that.

That maybe sounds like nonsense
but who knows how a kryptonium functions?
He might be sustain by the energies of the sun
long before he dies because his heart stop functioning

Batman is a different story. Because he is human and Superman is not.

brainchild81

Doesn't get much worse than that. It really doesn't. & people wonder why people hate Supes. embarrasment Originally posted by Soljer
What the f**k?

Are you HONESTLY trying to suggest that your Captain Marvel comparison was in ANY way applicable? Daredevil has an established chance at hanging with Spiderman. Beating him? No, but hanging with him, dealing with his speed, his strength.

Batman has NO established way of dealing with someone who can fly at (minimum) Mach 500 and has stalemated Superman in a contest of Strength.

Daredevil vs. Spiderman isn't a bad fight to watch, but Spiderman'll win a majority.

Batman vs. Captain Marvel is just SMvs.FL. Truth

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.